전지전능 (Omniponent)

욕심 (GREED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Omniponent - having unlimited power, able to do anything.

---

Walking down the school hallway with her friends by her side, the feline-eyed girl couldn't shake off the lingering sense of sadness that accompanied her day without Yoona's presence. Seeing Yoona around the campus had become a comforting routine, making her feel a little lost without it. Yoona had resigned from her teaching position, well aware that her upcoming marriage to Jennie would raise eyebrows and violate rules. It wasn't their intention, but her friends couldn't help but scowl whenever Jennie let out her characteristic tantrums, complaining about missing Yoona already.

 

"I don't get why you're so grumpy when you're about to spend the rest of your lives together. Aren't you tired of each other's faces?" Irene sighed, her patience running thin as she grew weary of Jennie's continuous whining. "Seul baby, please keep me from slapping some sense into Jennie's pretty face."

 

Laughter rippled among the group, earning an eye roll from Jennie. "You're acting like you'll never see her again just because she's not around today."

 

"Seriously, you practically see her every day. Your obsession is next level," Wendy chimed in.

 

"Right? I can't imagine being that clingy," Joy added, laughing.

 

Jennie playfully huffed, her cheeks puffing out, as her friends relentlessly. "You guys are so annoying, just stop!"

 

Her threat only caused them to burst into more giggles. But when Jennie mentioned not coming to the club later, their expressions turned to shock.

 

"Hey, that's unfair! You can't skip the club night. My birthday celebration will be incomplete without you," Yeri protested, latching onto Jennie's arm, knowing how to appeal to her. She shot a glare at their other friends. "Enough with the teasing."

 

As they continued their banter, Jennie's heart felt lighter. Despite the teasing and antics, these moments with her friends were a reminder of the joy and support she had in her life.

 

Laughter erupted as they shook their heads at Yeri's antics.

 

"Does she know you're going?" Chaeyoung's inquiry caught Jennie off guard.

 

"Yeah," Jennie replied, her voice tinged with a mix of amusement and frustration. "I thought she'd put up a fight, being the strict person she is, but damn her for agreeing so easily. It's like she doesn't even care if I end up wasted or something."

 

"Babe."

 

Jennie's gaze was locked onto Yoona's as she muttered, "You're such a jerk!" Frustration laced her voice as she tossed the magazine aside and positioned herself on Yoona's lap, her hands fidgeting with tension. Her initial anger softened as she recognized the calm in Yoona's eyes. "Look at me when I'm talking to you," she hissed, her grip on Yoona's jaw tight yet intimate.

 

Yoona's reaction was far from what Jennie expected. She was waiting for annoyance or retort, but Yoona remained unfazed, her demeanor almost detached. Realizing her behavior, Jennie's expression softened, and she offered an apology. "I'm sorry."

 

"Save it. What do you want?"

 

The blunt response startled Jennie, but she knew she had to push forward. "I... can I go to the club tomorrow night?" She blinked, seeing Yoona's eyes narrow in response. "It's Yeri's birthday, and she wants us to party."

 

Yoona's piercing gaze persisted. "Is that all you're going to say?"

 

Jennie's apprehension grew, and she gulped. "Y-yes, can I?"

 

Yoona's humming response unnerved her further. "Okay."

 

"Okay?"

 

With a nonchalant shrug, Yoona returned to her magazine. "You can go. Now get off my lap, you're getting heavy." Yoona winced as Jennie's punch hit her stomach. "What's wrong with you? Don't you want to go?"

 

"I thought you weren't going to let me go!"

 

"Why would I stop you? You asked, and it's your friend's birthday. I agreed, so why the sudden change?"

 

"I thought you'd be strict about it. I thought you hated it when I went to clubs."

 

Jennie's assumption made Yoona scoff. "Jennie, it's your choice, alright? If you want to go, then go. If you don't, then don't. It's that simple. Why are you overcomplicating things?"

 

"Fine, but I want you to come."

 

"Why? What's the reason?"

 

"Because my bestie Yeri insists we bring our dates. I can't just show up without you. What's the point of being in a relationship if we don't go together? So, you're coming with me." Her tone held a note of finality; it wasn't a request but an expectation.

 

Yoona chuckled lightly and shook her head. "No."

 

"Why?"

 

"Why what?"

 

"Why are you refusing when, no matter what, you're coming with me?"

 

"No, my decision is final. Besides, I just resigned from the university, and most of the people invited are from school. It would raise suspicions, so I can't."

 

"But—"

 

"No 'buts.' Plus, I haven't finished the business proposals your father gave me."

 

Jennie couldn't bring Yoona as her date to Yeri's birthday party, and frustration bubbled within her. She leaned into Yoona, nestling her face against Yoona's neck, seeking solace. Sighing contentedly, she relished the gentle touch of Yoona's fingers tracing patterns on her back.

 

"So who's your date?" Jisoo teased the feline-eyed girl.

 

"No one," Jennie shrugged, playfully giving Jisoo a glare for her teasing. "Cut it out, will you?! It's fine. And seriously, do you think I'd bring anyone other than Yoona? Come on, that's just ridiculous."

 

"Jennie!" The girls turned towards a deep voice and found Kai crouching on his knees, catching his breath. They watched him, perplexed, waiting for him to explain. "Jennie," he called again once he had regained his composure. "Can I take you to Yeri's celebration party later?" His sudden request drew gasps of surprise from the girls, astonished by his audacity.

 

Jennie struggled to hold back her laughter. Looking into his familiar eyes and biting her lip, she recalled his confident demeanor – one of the reasons she had loved him. She understood why he asked her now.

 

"Thank you for asking me out of the blue, but I'm sorry, I won't be bringing anyone later," she apologized with a smile.

 

"Why not? Haven't you been asked yet?" He seemed genuinely intrigued.

 

Jennie shook her head, still smiling, her thoughts centered on Yoona. "My partner can't make it, so I'll be attending alone."

 

"Wait, you're taken?! When did this happen?"

 

"We've been keeping it low-key. But don't worry, you'll find out who she is soon," Jennie assured, patting Kai on the shoulder before urging her friends to leave. "We're heading out now."

 

"Why is he invited?" Lisa asked curiously once they were in the parking lot.

 

Yeri, the birthday celebrant, looked at Lisa as if she had grown three heads. "Remember, he's our classmate. Obviously, everyone from our class is invited."

 

---

 

The feline-eyed girl was truly having the kind of blast she deserved in her life. When was the last time she went to the club and let herself enjoy without worrying about the real world? It had been a long time.

 

She was on the dance floor, relishing dancing on her own. Even though people approached her, she dismissed them with a middle finger, leaving them disappointed.

 

"Nini, let's go. You've danced enough. Come on, let's head back to our table," Lisa gently urged, pulling the feline-eyed girl who struggled to keep her eyes open and was giggling for no apparent reason. Lisa managed to guide Jennie back to their table, playfully pinching her mandu cheeks along the way.

 

"How much have you had to drink, Jennie?" Irene inquired, observing the intoxicated girl who was fighting to keep her eyes from closing. They had already suggested taking Jennie home, but she was resisting.

 

"T-two?" Jennie hiccupped, trying to show eight fingers with her hands. Her gesture amused the girls, and they burst into laughter.

 

"Jennie, that's not two, that's eight," Chaeyoung chuckled, glancing at the inebriated Jennie.

 

Jennie scrunched her nose, her brows furrowing as she tilted her head in confusion at Chaeyoung's statement. "Y-you're... lying," she hiccupped again, causing more amusement among them.

 

"Nah uh, but you're definitely drunk."

 

"Am not!" she pouted cutely.

 

The girls exchanged amused glances at Jennie's behavior. It was rare to see Jennie in this state, so Wendy took the chance to capture the moment on video.

 

As the night wore on, Jennie found herself back on the dance floor, this time dancing with a familiar figure.

 

"W-who... are you?" she squinted, struggling to see the person in front of her, her mind foggy and her vision blurred.

 

"It's me, baby, Kai."

 

Jennie rubbed her eyes, trying to make out the face before her. Her mind refused to cooperate, and her body felt numb as she failed to remember the person's name.

 

"W-what... are you doing?"

 

"It's me, your love, your one and only love."

 

"L-love?" The mention of the word triggered thoughts of Yoona in her mind.

 

The memories of Yoona flooded back, overwhelming Jennie with emotions.

 

Every aspect of Yoona.

 

Everything.

 

Then the painful recollection of Yoona allegedly cheating on her with Jessica.

 

The feline-eyed girl crumbled, her tears flowing as she imagined Yoona leaving her and choosing the actress.

 

Not even the steady stream of liquid trickling down my face could cure my thirst for her. After all, she loved her, not me....

 

"W-why?!" Jennie gripped the shirt of the man before her, tears streaming down her face.

 

"Jennie, baby, are you alright? Why --"

 

"What the did you do to her?!"

 

The man's eyes widened when he saw Lisa, Jennie's best friend, standing angrily in front of them. He swallowed hard, looking down at Jennie, who seemed shattered. He quickly averted his gaze to Lisa, who demanded an explanation. "Listen, Lisa, I-I swear I didn't do anything. We were just dancing, and then she broke down out of nowhere. I didn't harass her, if that's what you're thinking. I would never do that to her. You know me; I might be a jerk, but I respect girls, especially Jennie."

 

Lisa's eyes sharpened, but they softened as she heard Jennie mumbling incoherent words. "I'll take her now." Kai nodded, allowing Lisa to lead Jennie away. He sighed, conceding that he couldn't reclaim Jennie in his life anymore.

 

"What happened?"

 

"I don't know. Kai said she just broke down," Lisa explained, guiding Jennie to a seat and wiping away her tears. "Are you okay, Nini?"

 

Jennie's friends exchanged concerned glances and decided to get Jennie's phone from her purse to call Yoona. Yoona answered immediately and said she was on her way.

 

With a grimace at the drunk college students around her, Yoona searched for familiar figures and spotted Joy waving her over. She navigated her way through the intoxicated crowd, doing her best to avoid bumping into anyone. Finally, she reached their table, where she saw Jennie sobbing being comforted by Lisa in her arms.

 

"What happened?" Yoona asked as she took Jennie from Lisa's arms.

 

"She was just enjoying herself and had a lot of drinks, then she broke down looking for you," Lisa explained.

 

Yoona gently pushed Jennie's hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ears, allowing her to see Jennie's face more clearly. Jennie's eyes were barely open, and her cheeks were flushed red. Sighing, Yoona looked at Jennie's friends. "I'm going to take her home now. All of you enjoy the rest of the night. And Yeri..." Yeri blushed as Yoona smiled at her. "Happy birthday."

 

"Thank you, Ms. Im. And safe driving," Yeri responded.

 

With a nod and a wave, Yoona guided Jennie's stumbling form toward the exit. Jennie's right hand rested on Yoona's shoulder, and Yoona's arm wrapped around Jennie's waist for support. Thankfully, the other students paid little attention as they stepped outside. Yoona leaned Jennie against her car door. "You're heavy!" she groaned, retrieving her car key from her pocket while Jennie nuzzled into her neck.

 

"It's you... Yoona," Jennie whispered, just loud enough for Yoona to hear. "You're taking me to your home, right?" A soft smile formed on Yoona's lips as she watched Jennie's endearing gummy smile.

 

"Yes, I am, I'm taking you home, Jen," she reassured, about to open the passenger seat when Jennie pushed her hand away. Yoona raised an eyebrow, asking what was wrong.

 

"Wait..." Jennie retrieved her phone from her purse. "I need to make sure that you're my Yoona." Yoona rolled her eyes at the comment. "I can't just trust you because your name is Yoona. A lot of people out there have the same name."

 

"Why did you let me take you outside, then, if you weren't sure it was me? You shouldn't trust anyone just like that, Jen." Yoona sighed, observing Jennie as she scrolled through something on her phone.

 

"Don't move." Before Yoona could react, Jennie pressed her phone against Yoona's left cheek. Yoona watched as Jennie alternated her gaze between her face and her phone, back and forth, finally ending with a smile directed at Yoona. "It's really you... you're my Yoona." Jennie wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck, pulling her closer. "Don't ever leave me, okay?"

 

Yoona understood that Jennie was drunk, so she simply nodded, knowing that Jennie would likely forget everything the next day. "Let's go home now." Jennie cutely nodded, burying her face in Yoona's neck as Yoona gently placed her in the car before heading to her own seat. Soon enough, Jennie was asleep, already lost in dreamland.

 

---

 

The feline-eyed girl groaned as the sun's rays pierced through the window. She tried to go back to sleep, but a throbbing headache made that impossible. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked around the room. Her nose detected Yoona's lavender scent, and a smile involuntarily formed on her face. We slept together last night, didn't we? Her gummy smile grew wider as she realized she was in Yoona's room. I'm so happy I'm here.

 

She attempted to get out of bed, but a wave of dizziness hit her. She winced, then reached for the medicine on the bedside table, quickly downing it. Her mind then registered the fact that she was , causing her to freeze momentarily. Did we have last night without me realizing it? Ignoring her lack of clothing, she left the room in search of Yoona, who she found sitting at the kitchen bar stool, sipping on coffee and typing on her laptop.

 

Approaching her silently, Jennie snuck her arms around Yoona's neck and placed a kiss on her cheek. Yoona reacted swiftly, turning around and placing her hands on Jennie's waist. However, her reaction was met with a surprise as Jennie was . Giggling at Yoona's surprised expression, Jennie leaned in and cupped Yoona's cheeks, her fingers tracing gentle patterns on the woman's skin.

 

"Did you take advantage of me last night without my knowledge?" Jennie playfully asked.

 

Rolling her eyes, Yoona smiled. "Why would I do that? You puked on your clothes, and I couldn't let you sleep in my bed with that smell. You also refused to wear clothes, so I left you while you slept."

 

Shaking her head, Yoona flicked Jennie's forehead lightly, earning a pout from the latter. Jennie pressed herself against Yoona's thigh, playfully grinding a little. The sensation elicited a soft moan from Jennie which Yoona swiftly stood up and pushed Jennie onto the bar stool.

 

"Stop being so frisky early in the morning, Jen."

 

"Stop being such a jerk early in the morning!" Jennie huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter