염증 (Inflame)

욕심 (GREED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inflame - to provoke or intensify strong feelings in someone. 

 

---

"We kissed."

 

"Oh." Yoona commented, breaking the silence as she resumed eating her pancakes.

 

"That's all you're going to say?" Jennie asked, disbelief apparent in her voice. She was surprised that Yoona seemed unfazed by the fact that they had kissed the previous night.

 

Yoona stopped eating and looked at Jennie with a puzzled expression. "What do you expect my reaction to be? It's normal, after all, we're a couple." She shrugged and continued eating.

 

Jennie stared at her, taken aback and blushing. She couldn't help but smile widely. "So, you're okay if we do it again?"

 

Finishing the last bite of her pancakes and sipping her juice, Yoona faced Jennie squarely, eyebrows raised. "Why? Do you want to do it right now?"

 

Jennie bit her lip shyly, nodding as she leaned in to share another kiss. At first, Jennie was surprised by Yoona's bold move, but she quickly responded in kind.

 

"Kissing a girl like me is sweeter than kissing boys. I never thought Irene Unnie's advice would hold true," Jennie said with a playful smile as she placed her hands on Yoona's neck, bringing their foreheads together.

 

"You prefer girls over boys now? Good choice," Yoona teased, eliciting a laugh from Jennie. "Anyway, I have to go now. I need to run errands and head home."

 

Jennie pouted playfully as Yoona pulled away. She already missed the warmth of Yoona's touch. "When can I come over to your house?"

 

Surprised by the question, Yoona messed up Jennie's hair, earning a cute whine from the brunette. "I'll think about it." Jennie rolled her eyes and hugged Yoona, prompting Yoona to nuzzle into her neck.

 

Curious about the quiet house, Yoona asked, "Don't you have family time, like eating dinner together or going out?"

 

Feeling Yoona's breath against her neck, Jennie sighed. "I wish. Lately, they're too busy for me unless it's an emergency. But at least I have you now."

 

Yoona gently pulled her back into an embrace, and Jennie smiled as she rested her head on Yoona's shoulder.

 

"I'll be heading off now. I'll see you on Monday in class, alright?" Yoona was about to get into her car when Jennie stopped her, giving her a glare with crossed arms.

 

"What are you saying? Of course, you're going to see me on Monday because we have class. And you'll come back here tomorrow because we're going out."

 

Yoona stared at Jennie in disbelief, thinking, Oh no. Did she just command me? Who does she think she is? "Isn't Sunday your time with your friends?"

 

Jennie's own words made her pause and think. The smile on Yoona's face faded as she contemplated her predicament. "Yeah, you're right. I should be with my friends tomorrow. So, maybe you should come along."

 

The mention of spending Sunday with Jennie's friends alarmed Yoona internally. "Are you serious? Don't you think you should let them know about us before I join you?"

 

Jennie nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, you're right. I'll talk to them first. Come back tomorrow, and I'll introduce you as my official partner."

 

Yoona mentally facepalmed herself, realizing that she was inadvertently agreeing to spend her Sunday with Jennie's friends. She tried to dissuade Jennie by pointing out the need to inform them beforehand. "You should tell them first before I join."

 

Jennie smiled and cutely nodded. She approached Yoona, pulling her into a sweet kiss. Yoona returned the affection and gently patted Jennie's head. Waving goodbye, Yoona got into her car and drove away, leaving Jennie smiling broadly in her wake.

 

---

"Look who finally decided to show up." Yoona walked over to Jessica and pecked her on the lips before heading straight to the bathroom. "What time is it now? Seems like you had a fun night."

 

"PLEASE GET THE FOOD READY! I'M STARVING!" Yoona's voice echoed from the bathroom.

 

Jessica shook her head, chuckling softly as she headed to the kitchen to finish preparing the meal.

 

After about 20 minutes, Yoona smiled at the sight of the variety of dishes Jessica had prepared for her. "Where are Chairman and Mrs. Jung?" she asked as she took a seat.

 

Jessica filled Yoona's plate with food before taking a seat beside her. "They went for a jog in the park," she replied, putting some food on her own plate. Then, a sigh escaped her lips. "I wish I could experience that too."

 

Yoona raised an eyebrow, her chopsticks suspended in the air. "What's the problem? Jogging? You do that sometimes. Did you get swarmed by paparazzi?"

 

Jessica shook her head. "No, they're married and they enjoy jogging together. It's a sweet thing to see couples doing."

 

Amused, Yoona shook her head at Jessica's comment. "So, you're suggesting we should do that as well?"

 

"Exactly." Jessica nodded, a serious look on her face.

 

Yoona chuckled. "Alright, we can do what we want in public when people no longer care about your career."

 

Jessica pouted playfully, rolling her eyes at Yoona's teasing before they both started eating.

 

"This is what I enjoy," Jessica said happily, hugging Yoona as they sat in the backseat of the car. Jessica had a schedule to shoot in Yoona's company, and since Yoona was also going there, they decided to share a ride. "I heard Naeun is working at the company now," Jessica said suddenly.

 

Yoona nodded. "Are you close with her?"

 

Jessica hummed in agreement and scooted closer to Yoona, nuzzling her head against Yoona's neck, relishing her scent.

 

"Did Tyler and Naeun have a thing before?" Yoona asked curiously.

 

"Why the sudden interest?" Jessica questioned.

 

Yoona shrugged. "She told me she resigned because Tyler asked for her help. She'd been working at Kang's company for years, and just because Tyler called, she decided to resign? It's a change of heart. I'm just curious."

 

Jessica chuckled at Yoona's curiosity. "Sort of. They tried to see if there was something between them, but they realized they're better off as friends."

 

Yoona nodded and furrowed her brows as she thought about Naeun and Tyler teaming up to let her down.

 

Exiting the car, Jessica pulled Yoona in for a lingering kiss before stepping out. "I love you," she said with a smile.

 

Yoona returned the sentiment with a smile, waiting for Jessica to enter the building before following behind her, Yuri trailing after her.

 

"Any updates from the company?" Yoona inquired.

 

"No bad news, Ms. Lim. Everything seems to be going well," Yuri reported.

 

Satisfied with the news, Yoona continued on, employees bowing as she walked past them.

 

As they conversed about the company's stocks, the sound of an argument caught their attention. They watched as Mr. Lee Kwang Soo and Mr. Byul Jin Hoo scolded an elderly janitor, Mr. Nam, for not performing his duties properly.

 

"Why are you so incompetent? You're old and experienced. Why can't you do your job right?" The two board members were clearly frustrated.

 

"I apologize, sirs. Please forgive me," the janitor pleaded, dropping to his knees. His actions shocked the other employees present.

 

"Do you think a mere apology can erase the fact that you spilled kimchi all over my expensive white shirt? Unbelievable! You're fired!"

 

The pronouncement left everyone stunned. Mr. Nam, who had spent much of his life working for the company, was being dismissed for a single mistake.

 

"I can't believe he's your father," Jin Hoo spat, directing his frustration at the young boy behind him, Nam Mansae.

 

Mansae was mortified by the attention. He quickly waved his hands, distancing himself from his father and denying their relationship. "No, sir. He's not my father! You're mistaken!"

 

Mr. Nam looked at his son, hurt evident in his eyes as he wondered why his son would deny their relationship. He had been on his way to deliver lunch to his son's office when he accidentally bumped into Mr. Kwang Soo and Mr. Jin Hoo, causing the lunch to spill.

 

Kwang Soo and Jin Hoo burst into laughter, "How unfortunate, your own child just said you're not his father."

 

"I don't want to see your face here anymore, got it?" Kwang Soo exclaimed, glaring at the elderly janitor who remained on his knees.

 

"Who are you to terminate my employees without my authorization, Mr. Lee?" Everyone was taken aback as Yoona approached, causing the two board members to become visibly uneasy.

 

"P-President Lim," the board members and the employees quickly bowed their heads in deference as Yoona neared them.

 

"Stand up, Mr. Nam. You've already apologized. I'm sure your knees are starting to hurt," Yoona said gently. Mr. Nam rose to his feet, dusting off his pants and bowing apologetically to Yoona. "Mr. Lee and Mr. Byul, I don't want to see you here tomorrow. Pack your things and don't return." The entire room was astonished at the sight of Yoona firing the two board members on the spot.

 

"W-what? President Lim, you're not aware of the whole story. He's the one at fault here!" one of the board members pointed angrily at Mr. Nam, who lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

"I am aware, but that doesn't give you the right to humiliate him in front of everyone. Who are you to fire him without my consent? His apology demonstrates patience, something you should have exercised. If you lack patience, you don't belong in this company. Your impatience gives me grounds to dismiss both of you."

 

"President Lim, I'm not involved!" Jin Hoo protested, which left Kwang Soo shocked. "I told him not to berate Mr. Nam, but he wouldn't listen!"

 

"Why, you! I thought we were friends!" Kwang Soo shot an angry glare at Jin Hoo.

 

"My work is vital here, you heartless man!"

 

"Enough, I've seen enough. My decision is final. Now get back to work. Is this a gossip arena?" Employees returned to their tasks, leaving the two board members, Mr. Nam, Yuri, and Yoona in the aftermath.

 

"Mr. Nam, you may resume your duties. No one will fire you, so no need to worry." Mr. Nam thanked Yoona with a sincere smile for her support. "Leave that there, Mr. Nam. I'll have someone clean up the mess." Mr. Nam bowed once more, grateful that he retained his position.

 

Yoona gestured for Mr. Nam to leave, which he hesitantly did. Yoona observed his retreating figure before turning her attention to the two former board members.

 

"As for the two of you, clean up this mess before you leave." She issued her command coldly and walked past them, eliciting groans from the recently-fired men.

 

Yoona paused at the employees' office, searching for a particular individual. She observed him from a distance, squinting slightly.

 

"What? No way he could ever be my father. My father doesn't work here; he's a chef. Just because we share a surname doesn't mean he's related to me."

 

"Why did Mr. Lee mention it, then?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe he's as confused as everyone else."

 

The two employees shook their heads, sharing a laugh before returning to their work. Yoona observed the man's interactions, particularly when he flirted with a woman at a desk.

 

"Let's go on a date later, my treat. What do you say?"

 

At that moment, Yoona decided to intervene, walking closer to them and surprising everyone inside the office. "When did this turn into a matchmaking spot, Mr. Nam?" Mansae was taken aback, quickly straightening his posture and bowing to Yoona, followed by the others inside the room. "Could I speak with you for a moment?" Mansae's anxiety was palpable as he followed Yoona closer.

 

Leaning in close, Yoona whispered into his ear, "Continue boasting, and let's see where it leads you."

 

Mansae blinked, trying to process Yoona's words. She gave him a mischievous smile, patting his back before leaving the room.

 

"Look at my two favorite people in the company," Yoona commented as she spotted Tyler and Naeun deep in conversation. "Those two act like ticking time bombs, thinking they can intimidate me." She shook her head and continued walking toward her office, paying no further attention to them.

 

Yuri excused herself and headed to the IT department to check for any updates on potential illegal activities by other members of the board within the company.

 

Yoona was engrossed in her laptop when the telephone rang. "Ms. Son is here, President Lim."

 

Seems like the two of them have come up with a plan.

 

"Let her in," Yoona instructed, ending the call. She looked up as Naeun entered her office.

 

"President Lim, here are the documents you need to sign." Naeun placed the files on Yoona's desk and locked eyes with her.

 

Yoona nodded to acknowledge the delivery, prompting Naeun to make her exit. However, Naeun hesitated, lingering in place.

 

Raising an eyebrow, Yoona asked, "Do you have something else to say, Ms. Son?"

 

"Hey, I had a pretty steamy dream last night. You were a part of it," Naeun said with a seductive tone.

 

Yoona looked at her in confusion, not quite sure how to respond to her remark. "You're going for a -related joke? Look in a mirror," she retorted dismissively, ending the exchange.

 

Naeun bit her lip, seemingly surprised by Yoona's swift shutdown. "I'll have you know, I love that tie you're wearing. Maybe we could put it to good use someday," she said with a suggestive smile.

 

Seems like she might be developing an unhealthy ual obsession.

 

"If you don't have anything important to discuss, I suggest you leave my office before I you out," Yoona recommended in the most composed tone she could muster. She didn't want to create a scene, but Naeun's persistent advances were wearing on her. "You're wasting your time here, Ms. Son. I'd appreciate it if you could focus on your own responsibilities."

 

Naeun groaned in frustration, storming out of Yoona's office, much to Yoona's relief.

 

---

Jessica excused herself from the shoot to use the restroom, which was conveniently located near Yoona's office. Spotting Naeun's figure, she called out to her. When Naeun didn't respond, Jessica hurried after her. She frowned as she noticed Naeun inside Yoona's office. Luckily, the office had transparent glass walls, allowing Jessica to see what was happening inside.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched Naeun engage in a lengthy conversation with Yoona. What were they discussing? Why did Yoona seem so unwilling to have her in the office? And wait—did Naeun just give Yoona a sultry look? This woman is really getting on my nerves.

 

Jessica waited for another five minutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter