Keep Me Safe | Seongjoong Fluff

KPOP boyxboy oneshots

Hongjoong had been having trouble sleeping lately due to nightmares, but he was too embarrassed to ask anyone to help him when he was scared. So here he was again, for the fifth time that night, shaking and in a cold sweat as he lay petrified under his blanket. His breathing becoming erratic, he couldn’t calm himself down and not even the stuffed animal in his arms or the sound of his Hyung’s gentle breaths from across the room were distracting him. Hongjoong held a hand over his eyes, instantly regretting it as the events of his dream were plastered to his eyelids.

 

He hadn’t even noticed that he had made a sound until his Hyung’s sleep deepened voice filled his ears, “Joong-ah, are you up?” Seonghwa asks and Hongjoong can hear him shift in his bed.

 

“Y-yeah, I just had to go get a sip of water. I’m going back to sleep now though.” Hongjoong tries his best to keep his voice steady, hoping that his hyung didn’t notice the waver when he first started speaking.

 

“Alright, try to get some sleep, if you need anything, let me know.” Seonghwa says before turning back over in his bed slightly, Hongjoong humming slightly.

 

The younger had finally managed to fall back asleep and stay asleep, only waking up when it was finally relatively day time— the sun was barely peeking out of the horizon— so he decided to get up and get started on his day.

 

This routine continued for weeks on end, Hongjoong waking up in the middle of the night multiple times and somewhere in the mix almost having a panic attack only for Seongwha to wake up and tell him to go back to sleep or ask if he had been awake for a while. At this point, the small rapper was debating on just staying at the studio and just not sleeping. So that’s what he did. Hongjoong had gone straight to the studio in the morning, even though it was the group’s day off.

 

Hongjoong had been so into what he was working on that he hadn’t even noticed Seonghwa walk into the studio, worry plastered on his face. The younger grumbled, irritated that he couldn’t get one part to sound right, closed his eyes and leaned his head back as he pulled his headset off to rest around his neck. When he opened his eyes and saw Seonghwa standing there, he jumped in his seat slightly, turning his chair to see the older.

 

“Oh, hyung, what are you doing here? I didn’t hear you come in.”

 

“I kind of figured you didn’t. And I’m here to take you home. You’ve been here since ‘-o’clock’ as San said and you need to come back and sleep.” Seonghwa said, hand on one hip.

 

“Oh…” Hongjoong mentally cringed from the thought of sleeping now. “I’ll come back when I finish this, Hyung…” Hongjoong tried, hoping to get his hyung to let him stay. It didn’t work, however, because Seonghwa clicked the save progress button before shutting off the equipment and pulling Hongjoong’s headset off of him. The elder made quick work of pulling the rapper by his hand out of his chair and toward the door.

 

“No, you’re coming home now. I’m not letting you deprive yourself of sleep.” Seonghwa says, voice stern. Hongjoong knew now there was no hope for him.

 

“Fine. I’ll come… Just, stop pulling please?” Hongjoong says, pouting. Seonghwa grants his wishes and stops pulling, however he does not let go of the smaller man’s hand as he continues walking out of the building and the short distance to their home.

 

When they finally did reach their home, Hongjoong took as much time as possible getting ready for bed but when he finally was ready, he could feel himself starting to panic. Sitting on the edge of his bed, Hongjoong tried to breathe deeply. It had been a while since he had had a full blown panic attack, and he really didn’t want to have one now. Hongjoong wasn’t sure if he were thankful or not when his roommate Seonghwa came out of the bathroom, clad in a pair of loose shorts and a hoodie, because the older instantly noticed that Hongjoong was not okay with just one look.

 

Seonghwa made quick movements to maneuver past the bedside table and to sit beside the small rapper. “Hey, Joong, what’s wrong?” Seonghwa said as he reached up to wipe Hongjoong’s face, the younger only just then realizing that he had tears streaming down his cheeks. Hongjoong instantly launched himself into Seonghwa, seeking any comfort he could get.

 

“Scary, they’re so scary Hyung. I don’t wanna go to sleep, don’t wanna see the scary people…” Hongjoong whined into Seonghwa’s chest as he clung to the taller and Seonghwa rubbed gentle circles into the younger’s back.

 

“Hey, Joong-ah, calm down, okay? I’m here now, nothing’s gonna hurt you, no one’s gonna get you, alright? Hyung will keep you safe, I promise.” Seonghwa says in a gentle voice, pulling Hongjoong into his lap and holding him protectively.

 

“H-hyung pro-mises?” Hongjoong hiccups, looking up at the older with wide, watery eyes. Seonghwa kisses Hongjoong’s forehead, cheeks, and nose.

 

“I promise,” he says, “Now, do you want to sleep with Hyung tonight?” Seonghwa asks, instantly receiving a nod into his shoulder from the smaller. With that, he picks the rapper up and carries him to the bed to set him down and turn off the lights before returning and laying with him. Seonghwa pulls Hongjoong into him, wrapping his arms around the younger’s small frame. And they continue on sleeping like that, even after Hongjoong’s nightmares go away.

 

Okay guys, here's a new one for you. I got this idea while thinking about how tiny Joong looks next to Hwa, and how Joong would look even tinier curled against him as Hwa held him protectively to his chest and I UwUed real hard lol I hope you guys like it!! I might do a minsung or woosan next?