Endless Love

The Jung Family Holiday Stories
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where are we going? This isn’t the restaurant.” Jaejoong questioned when they pulled up to his brother’s house. “I just have to drop something off. I’ll be right back.” Yunho parked the car and stepped out. “Wait for us.” Daehyun said as he and Jaehyun scurried out the car. Jaejoong leaned back in his seat, waiting for them to return.

“Look who finally arrived.” Heechul answered the door with a large grin on le Heechul!” Jaehyun and Daehyun cheered, hugging their uncle. “Thanks again for watching them.” Yunho thanked him. “It’s not a problem at all. I know how uptight my little brother is. He won’t go anywhere unless his babies are okay.” Heechul said.

“We’re not babies.” Jaehyun frowned.

Heechul only ruffled his hair. “They’re in good hands.” Heechul grinned widely. Yunho nodded, “I really appreciate it. I’ll be back to pick them up at 10.”

“10? Why so early? Take all night if you have to. Pick them up in the morning.” Heechul brushed off. Yunho shook his head, “Maybe next time. Jaejoong doesn’t even know what’s going on.” He denied. Heechul shrugged. “Fine.”

“Alright, I’ll see you two later. Be good.” Yunho said to his children. “We will. Bye Appa.” The boys waved to their father as they watched him walk away.

“Where’s Jongin?” Daehyun turned to his uncle. “He’s inside with Kyungsoo, waiting for you. Are you two ready to have fun?” Heechul said, allowing them inside. “Yay!” They cheered as Heechul shut the door behind them.

 

“Where are the boys?” Jaejoong asked when he saw that Yunho returned alone. “Ah~, they wanted to stay and play with Jongin.” Yunho shrugged, starting the car. Jaejoong looked at him suspiciously as he pulled out the driveway. “You dropped them off, didn’t you?” He accused. Yunho couldn’t help the smile that grew on his lips. He successfully tricked Jaejoong into dressing up for their date, by making him think that they were going out for a family dinner. “Maybe.” He hummed.

Jaejoong released a heavy sigh. “Relax~. Heechul is watching them.” Yunho assured him, rubbing the elder’s thigh in an attempt to calm him. “That’s what I’m afraid of.” Jaejoong groaned. “They’ll be fine. Heechul will take care of them.” Yunho promised.

 

“Alright, we’re heading out.” Heechul announced, slipping on his leather jacket as he and Hangeng walked to the door. “Kyungsoo, you’re in charge, since you’re the most responsible one.” He said.

“Wait! What are we gonna eat?” Daehyun asked.

“I put pizza rolls in the oven. Make sure to take them out when the timer goes off. Only Kyungsoo can touch the oven.” Heechul stressed his last sentence. “What about me?” Jongin questioned. Heechul only laughed at his son’s question, earning a pout. “There’s juice boxes in the fridge and cookies and chips in the pantry if you’re still hungry.” He finished his explanation. “We’ll be back by 9. Call me if there’s a problem, and don’t do anything I would do.” He winked before he and Hangeng left the house.

“We’re home…bye ourselves…in Uncle Heechul’s house.” Daehyun whispered in amazement. The four boys grinned at each other. Heechul didn’t have any rules other than to not get him in trouble by their parents. Other than that, they could do whatever they wanted.

 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes grew large as they entered the fancy, yet cozy, restaurant. “Good evening, how may I help you?” The hostess greeted them with a gentle smile. “I have a reservation for two, under Yunho.” Yunho told her. She scanned her list before looking back up at them. “Please follow me.” She directed.

The hostess led them to a table toward the back of the restaurant by the window. “Your server will be with you soon.” She said before leaving them. Jaejoong stared around the restaurant in amazement. “How did you manage to get a reservation here?” he finally asked looking at Yunho. Yunho scoffed at the unexpected question. “I planned this weeks ago. I remembered that you spoke about how you wanted to eat here.”

“That was just wishful talking. I didn’t actually mean it. This place is expensive.” Jaejoong sighed, looking at the menu prices. “You pretty much have to pay to breathe here.”

“Tonight, I’m making your wishes come true. So, don’t worry about it. Like I said, I’ve planned this for weeks. Get whatever your heart desires.” Yunho told him.

“I wonder how much the cheapest thing is.” Jaejoong said to himself as he searched through the menu.

“Yah. Did you not hear what I just said?”

“I did but-,”

Yunho took the menu from Jaejoong’s hands. “Should I order for you then?” He questioned.

“Fine, fine, fine. I won’t look at the prices.” Jaejoong took back his menu.

It wasn’t until another few minutes when their waiter came and took down their order for their drinks. Both of them ordered water, since they had to drive later. “Are you sure I can order anything?” Jaejoong questioned, already having decided on what he was going to eat. “Yes. I know you have expensive taste, so I’ve prepared for the worst.” Yunho said with a teasing smile. Jaejoong playfully rolled his eyes but smiled anyway.

 

 

Jongin, Kyungsoo, Daehyun, and Jaehyun ran around the house, playing tag and hide and seek until the doorbell rang. “I got it!” Daehyun said, running to the door. He was about to answer it when Kyungsoo stopped him. “You can’t answer the door.”

“Why not?” Daehyun frowned.

“Because I’m in charge, so I have to open it.” Kyungsoo told him. “Can you open it pleaseee?” Daehyun pleaded. “We don’t know who it is.” Kyungsoo said in thought. “But I know who it is.” Daehyun whined.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo called. “Yes hyung?” Jongin came in less than a second to his friend. “Can you help me?” Kyungsoo asked. “Yeah.” Jongin said, already knowing what to do.

“Hurry. He’s gonna get cold.” Daehyun urged.

Jongin knelt down in front of the door. Kyungsoo climbed onto his back and stood on his shoulders. He leaned forward and peaked through the peephole. He looked down to see a familiar 10-year-old boy. “It’s Youngjae.” He announced before climbing off Jongin’s shoulders.

“Told you~.” Daehyun said.

“How come Youngjae is here?” Jongin asked. “I invited him.” Daehyun answered.

Kyungsoo unlocked the door and opened it. “Youngjae!” Daehyun jumped before Kyungsoo could say hi. “I’m sorry for making you wait long. You’re probably super cold.” Daehyun rambled on, pulling the younger inside.

Kyungsoo shut the door behind them. “Hi Jae!” Jaehyun greeted, joining his four older hyungs. “Hi Jaehyun.” Youngjae returned the greeting. “Yay! Now that Youngjae is here, we can have more fun!” Jongin grinned, hanging his arm over Youngjae’s shoulders.

Daehyun squeezed in between them, shoving Jongin’s arm off of Youngjae. “We’re gonna have so much fun!” he beamed, lightly pushing his cousin away. “Does everyone have their lunch money?” Jaehyun asked.

Daehyun, Kyungsoo, and Jongin all nodded. “Let’s go get ice cream!” Jaehyun cheered, already putting on his shoes. Kyungsoo and Jongin did the same. “Lunch Money? You didn’t tell me to bring money.” Youngjae pouted to Daehyun. “I know. I didn’t tell you, because I wanted to buy you ice cream.” Daehyun smiled.

“Oh…” Youngjae said, a bit surprised. “I’ll-I’ll pay you ba-,” “Noooo~!” Daehyun cut the younger off. “I want to buy it.”

“Come on. Let’s go before my appa comes back.” Jongin warned, opening the door.

A small smile grew on Youngjae’s lips. “Okay.” He gave in.

 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes rolled back as he tasted his food. “This is amazing.” He groaned with his mouth full. “And the portion size isn’t bad either. I expected it to be smaller.” He said, taking another bite. However, his chewing slowed when he looked at the grinning Yunho in front of him. “What are you grinning about?”

“You don’t know? Do you know how hard it is taking you to a restaurant that you like?” Yunho asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Almost every restaurant we’ve been to, you’ve hated the food.” Yunho explained.

“You make it sound like I’m picky.” “Picky isn’t the word. I’d say you’re just critical when it comes to food. Even on our honeymoon you hated the places we ate at, except for one, so we had to eat there the rest of our time there.” Yunho reminded.

“That’s not true.” Jaejoong mumbled.

“Are you serious?” Yunho leaned back in his seat with a raised eyebrow. “Remember our first date?”

 

~Flashback~

Yunho quickly fixed his hair through his reflection in the window. He then straightened himself up in his chair. He fixed the collar of his polo shirt. Every now and then he caught himself putting on and taking off his jacket. He couldn’t decide whether or not he was cold or hot. ‘Is it even appropriate to wear a jacket during a dinner date?’ He tried to look back on his past dates of his past relationships to see if he ever wore a jacket. But his mind remained blank.

Jung Yunho was nervous. No…he was petrified.

Som

Please log in to read the full chapter