Believe

The Jung Family Holiday Stories
Please log in to read the full chapter

As soon as Yunho opened the door, Daehyun and Jaehyun dashed inside. “Appa! I need a jacket~!” Daehyun ran around the house. Yunho had just picked them up form heir last day of school before winter break. “Why don’t you have your jacket?” Jaejoong quickly stepped out his home office to see that his eldest son was the only one without his jacket.

“Because he lost it at recess.” Jaehyun said.

Jaejoong looked at Yunho who only shrugged. “Dae, how did you lose your jacket?” He asked. “I took it off because it was hard to run in it. It was too big…and…and we were playing tag, and then we raced. And I wanted to win. Then I forgot where I put it and I couldn’t find it.” Daehyun stopped running, shivering in his spot.

“Did you win?” Yunho asked.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong scolded.

“Yeah. I won. 3 times!” Daehyun answered triumphantly. “Good job! That’s what I’m talking about.” Yunho gave him a hi-5.

Jaejoong pinched the bridge of his nose. “You’re gonna get sick.” Jaehyun finally said. Daehyun’s eyes widened. “No! No, I’m not!” he turned to Jaejoong. Appa. I need a jacket please~.” He pleaded. “you should have thought about that before taking yours off.” Jaejoong said, walking away.

“Please Appa! It’s snowing and everyone is going to the park. And Youngjae is gonna be there. I have to go. Please Appa.” Daehyun followed after him. “Please~. I won’t do it again.”

Jaejoong stopped in his tracks and turned to face him. “You promise you won’t take off your jacket when you go outside?” He questioned. Daehyun nodded vigorously. “I promise. I won’t take it off and I won’t lose it.”

Jaejoong turned back around and walked to the coat closet. He pulled out a spare jacket that he bought a couple of months ago. He was glad he bought an extra one before the winter season.

Daehyun’s eyes lit up when his father handed him the new coat. “Don’t lose it.” “I won’t!” Daehyun immediately put on the jacket. “I need o go to the park!” He yelled running away to grab the present he got for Youngjae. “Wait. First you two need to take your vitamins and let me make you some tea.” Jaejoong stopped him.

“Vitamins~? But we already took our vitamins this morning.” Jaehyun groaned. “I don’t want tea~.” Daehyun whined. “Can we have it when we get back?”

“No. This is to make sure you don’t get sick while you’re playing in the snow.” Jaejoong told them. “Can I have hot chocolate instead?” Daehyun perked. “No.” Jaejoong shut down and walked to the kitchen.

The brothers had no choice but to listen, or else they wouldn’t be allowed to play outside. Even Yunho was forced to take his vitamins before taking the boys out to the park.

 

-

 

“Youngjae!!” Daehyun ran to his best friend when they arrived. “Hi Daehyun.” Youngjae embraced himself for the impact of when the elder jumped on him.

“Sorry I’m late. My appa made me drink green tea.” Daehyun scrunched his nose in disgust. “I don’t like tea.”

“I like tea. I like peppermint tea. It tastes really good.” Youngjae said.

“Me too!” Daehyun perked.

“But you said you don’t like tea.” Youngjae reminded. “I changed my mind.” Daehyun smiled cheekily.

“There’s not enough snow to make a snowman.” Jongin pouted. “That’s because it just started snowing.” Kyungsoo told him. “So, we have to wit until there’s more snow?” Jongin asked. Kyungsoo nodded. “But we can still have fun.” Youngjae smiled, running to the twisty slide first.

“I’m surprised to see you here.” Yunho said, sitting on the bench next to Heechul. The elder was bundled up in layers of sweaters, topped with a coat, 2 scarves, and gloves. “Please. I’d be home by now.” He scoffed sipping his hot coffee. “But Hangeng and Dahye are sick, so I had no choice but to come here with Jongin. Where’s Jaejoong?”

“He said he’s gonna finish Christmas shopping.” Yunho answered. He said he’ll stop by on his way home. He said he won’t be long.”

Heechul hummed in response, taking out his phone. Yunho raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing?”

“I’m texting Jae to pick me up some handwarmers and another large cup of hot mocha.” Heechul simply answered. Yunho shook his head.

 

“If you stick your tongue out, you can taste the snowflakes.” Youngjae told Daehyun. The two stood on the highest point of the playground and stuck their tongues out, catching the flakes. “It tastes wet.” Daehyun spoke with his tongue still out. “Because they’re are made of water.” Youngjae informed. He retracted his tongue and tilted his head up to catch the flakes on his nose. He laughed at the light touches that tickled his face. Daehyun did the same.

The two shared several giggles until their necks began to ache, signaling for them that it was time to find something else to do. They wanted to swing on the swings, but they were all occupied by Jaehyun, Taeyong, Jaehyun, Johnny, and Ten, along with a few other kids. So, they opted to play on the monkey bars and explored other parts of the large playground.

“Youngjae. Let’s go down here.” Daehyun led the younger member under the paly area, just beneath the slide. “Stay here. I’ll be right back.” Daehyun instructed before running off. He ran to his father to grab his gift, then ran back to where Youngjae was.

“What’s that?” Youngjae asked, seeing the large rectangular gift-wrapped box. “This is for you.” Daehyun handed it to him. Youngjae’s eyes widened. “This is for me?”

Daehyun nodded vigorously. “Open it.”

Youngjae looked down at the box, studying it for a minute before tearing the paper. Daehyun grinned widely as he watched him open it. “Youngjae’s eyes grew wider. “No way!” he lifted the art kit. “This is what I’ve always wanted!” he looked at Daehyun. “How did you know?”

“I’m just good at this stuff.” Daehyun tried to play cool. “Thank you. Thank you!” Youngjae hugged him. Daehyun paused for a moment, but soon a large grin took over his lips. “You’re welcome.”

Youngjae pulled away and looked at his gift with much excitement. However, his smile vanished as fast as it came. “But…I didn’t get you anything”

“That’s okay. I don’t want you to get me anything.” Daehyun quickly assured him. “No. What do you want?” Youngjae insisted anything. “I don’t want anything.” “Tell me. I want to get you something.”

“But I don’t want anything.”

Youngjae frowned at this. He was upset that he didn’t get the elder anything but felt even worse that he didn’t know what he wanted for Christmas, yet Daehyun knew what to get him without asking. He felt terrible. Daehyun could tell that the younger was upset. But he really only wanted one thing. But he wasn’t sure if it was okay to ask for it.

 

“I’m here~.” Jaejoong announced, joining his brother and husband on the bench. “And here’s your mocha.” He said, handing his brother his coffee. “Thank goodness. You’re a lifesaver.” Heechul immediately sipped the hot drink. “You’re welcome Jaejoong pressed a smile.

“It’s too cold to be out here like this. I’m going to want in the car and watch my show. Text me when they’re done playing.” Heechul stood up and scuttled to the parking lot. Jaejoong laughed at his brother, shaking his head.

Yunho wrapped his arm around the elder’s torso. “Have I told you that you look y in your winter coat?” He asked, eyeing his husband’s white faux collared coat. “Yes, every time I put it on.’ Jaejoong recalled.

“Just thought you should know.” Yunho leaned forward. Jaejoong pressed his index finger against the younger’s lips. “Listen lover boy. I know it’s the season of love or whatever, but we’re not in our 20s anymore and we have kids. So, you need to tuck those feelin

Please log in to read the full chapter