Chapter 2: The Start of Chaos

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

“AW YEAH!”

 

Yujin dropped her bags after getting out of the minibus, “IT’S TRAINING TIME!”

 

The duck followed after the younger and ran around the parking lot.

 

“Jeez, they were sleepy just seconds ago,” Eunbi got out of the bus, rubbing her eyes. “And they left their bags?! Minjoo-yah! Yuri-yah! Come and tell these kids to pick up their bags and help with the other luggage.”

 

Minjoo and Yuri followed their unnie out of the vehicle equally tired as Eunbi and muttered a quick “Yes, unnie…” and went to collect the two girls running around.

 

A duck and a puppy came back moments later and picked up their bags.

 

“Unnie, how did they manage to rent an entire bus just for us?” Wonyoung asked Chaeyeon as they descended the bus stairs.

 

The main dancer shrugged, “Something to do with ‘making sure that we get there without being separated so we can start as soon as possible.’ Or something about ‘the author being lazy to write a waiting sequence for half of the members.”

 

“What?” Wonyoung looked at the older like she was crazy.

 

“I dunno, don’t ask me.”

 

The center opened to ask another question but was cut off by a scream that came from none other than their main vocalist.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

 

Everyone rushed to the hamster who was near a tree, pointing at something close to its roots.

 

“W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HIDING IN A BUSH?”

 

A man suddenly jumped out of the foliage wearing full camo fatigues and a painted face.

 

“First rule of the jungle: Be aware of your surroundings.” The man stood tall addressing Yuri, making the girl’s knees shake with terror.

 

Yena positioned herself in front of the younger, despite her fear running through her. She spoke with trembling lips, “W-who are you? It’s… not very nice... to be scaring people like that.”

 

Everyone mentally slapped themselves due to Yena’s failed attempt to act cool in front of their resident hamster, but they do give her some points for being brave enough to stand against this six-foot-tall green guy.

 

“Young duck lady,” the man leaned down and flicked Yena’s forehead. “I know that it’s not nice, but the jungle will not be nice to you.”

 

Yena rubbed her forehead, then huffed, “Ow! Well then, Mister Jump-Outta-Bushes. Who are you and why are you hiding in the bushes?”

 

Yuri tugged on Yena’s sleeve and whispered, “Unnie I don’t think that was ‘very nice’ to call him that.”

 

“Ah! I’m very sorry mister it slipped out of my mouth!” the duck quickly bowed.

 

“Heh! I like her! She’s feisty!” the green man bellowed out a laugh. “Hey, duck, what’s your name?”

 

“Uh, what?”

 

“You know what, nevermind. I’ll ask later. Anyway, I’m Instructor Kim, and I’m just a greeter. I have my own class to teach.”

 

Sakura raised her hand, “Would that other class be LOONA?”

 

“Nope, I wish I was. I’m teaching a buncha teenagers who want to hike a mountain for two days to impress their girlfriends. Very exciting, isn't it? Ella got lucky.” the man scoffed. “Anyway your instructor is Miss M.”

 

“Oh my God, no one told me you had this many bags to bring,” someone spoke behind them.

 

“Manager-nim?”

 

The manager looked up, “Oh hi! I got your bags out, guys. I called the other manager and she said she’s on her way. Anyway, you should head in and meet the instructor, I’m heading back.”

 

“Well!” Instructor Kim said, “time to go in! Don’t worry about your bags we will bring them in.”

 

Hyewon tilted her head, “‘We?’”

 

Instructor Kim whistled and ear-piercing tune, and the girls winced and covered their ears. Suddenly, the bushes started rustling and five people clad in camo jumped out the same way the instructor had.

 

“Sir!”

 

It would be wrong to say that IZ*ONE was not shocked at this scene in front of them. What kind of jungle training camp did SBS and Off the Record Entertainment agree to send them to?

 

The green people picked up their bags and marched across the parking lot and into the big building, disappearing out of their sight.

 

“Okay so I’ll bring you guys to the Jungle Field and you guys just wait for your instructor,” walked away, signaling them with his hand to follow them.

 

Eunbi shook herself out of her stupor and dragged the girls to follow the giant green man.



 

Please log in to read the full chapter