Chapter 7: Cooking With Eunbi

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

The women temporarily forgot about their fruits and ran up to the cart.

 

“FOOOOOD!”

 

Instructor M winced at the sheer loudness of these twelve girls. Okay, so maybe she should’ve expected this to happen. If she had prepared more then maybe her ears wouldn’t be damaged and ringing right now.

 

“Okay, before we devour this raw chicken let’s establish who our cooking people are!” Eunbi shouted over the chaos that was caused by her fellow members over some uncooked meat that they can’t eat yet.

 

Chaeyeon heard their leader and tried to calm the others down. Eventually, they stood in a semi-circle facing Eunbi. Their instructor was always caught off guard whenever they get together in a civilized manner, and it’s like the whole chicken event never happened in the first place.

 

“So!” Eunbi started. “Who here, other than Chaeyeon and I, wants to cook?”

 

Chaeyeon cocked her head to the side, “I don’t even get a say in this?”

 

“Nope.”

 

The younger main dancer accepted her defeat and took her place right beside their leader and scanned her eyes over the other members

 

Sakura could cook, the evidence was in another show by the name of Everyone’s Kitchen. The show in which she had the honor of meeting Wendy from Red Velvet. Minjoo could cook basic things. However, she does make mistakes, as seen by her very old fashioned way of cooking ramen.

 

Honestly, all of them could cook any basic thing, except for Yujin and Wonyoung. It’s just that they have Eunbi and Chaeyeon to take care of them so they don’t usually participate in the preparation of sustenance.

 

“I don’t think we need that many people in charge of cooking,” Yena suggested.

 

Hitomi rebutted the duck’s statement, “There’s twelve of us, though. It’s not the usual eight people in the show.”

 

“We also have Kim Byungman with us on the first night, too. We have to accommodate him with food on the first night.” Chaewon contributed to the fluffy cheeked girl’s argument.

 

“I think we should make Eunbi unnie, Chaeyeon unnie, and Sakura unnie in charge,” Minjoo offered. “They can already cook well and they’ll be able to work fast because they’re already used to cooking for a lot of people under a time crunch.”

 

Hyewon nodded her head, “That works. Now there’s the problem of figuring out who will look for food and catch them.”

 

“We can address that later,” Eunbi said, “Right now, everyone is hungry so we should get to cooking the chickens now.”

 

Everyone gave sounds of agreement and dispersed, leaving the three in charge of food prep by their lonesome. The rest of the unnie line organized the fruits they picked so that Eunbi and the other two can find what they need easily, while the maknae line gawked at the lifeless and featherless chickens on the cart.

 

“Yah, Kim Chaewon!” Eunbi called the other Woollim girl’s attention.

 

Said girl looked up from her task, “Yeah?”

 

“What time is it?”

 

The radish fairy struggled to fight back the urge to reply with “time for you to get a watch.” But she knew that their leader was tired so she bit back the response and instead answered as one normally would.

 

“It’s about 12:25.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Eunbi relayed the information to Chaeyeon and Sakura. They decided that it would be better to break the meat into smaller and more manageable pieces, and doing this would make the chicken cook evenly and much faster than cooking it whole. Chaeyeon suggested that they cook the cassava with the meat and grill the bananas since they had way too much of them. Sakura said that since they were here they might as well experiment and offered to make some mango salsa to go with the main dish.

 

“Now, how are you gonna do that?” the feather woman asked. “You don’t have any onions or citrus.”

 

Sakura tapped her finger on her chin, “Well, I guess we could just put it in the pan with the chicken and cassava to give it some flavor since we don’t have the luxury of seasoning.”

 

“Right,” Eunbi clapped, “now we have an idea. So now you guys should get to preparing the ingredients and I’ll cut up the meat and get the pans ready.”

 

They got to work. Chaeyeon and Sakura began chopping up the mangoes and bananas while Eunbi butchered the hell out of the chickens. By the time she was done, they had about two dozen chunks of meat, and she wasted no time in getting the cassava and hacking it down into smaller pieces. When she was close to finishing the preparation, she called out to the younger members.

 

“Hey! Could one of you guys start a fire? I’m almost ready to put the chicken in!”

 

Nako left the small circle that consisted of the maknae line and rushed to get one started, and Yuri was hot on her tail. They both got one started faster than Usain Bolt could run and Eunbi carefully placed the pan with all the food on the fire. The Fire Sisters walke

Please log in to read the full chapter