Chapter 9: Fishing Lessons

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Instructor M led them to another building that girls have not been in yet. The building was just had one floor but it was a lot wider than the other once. Their instructor ordered them to go inside first as she had things to pick up from the Tool Gallery that would aid them in their lesson for today.

 

“When do you think she was gonna tell us that our famous instructor had a twin that was teaching LOONA?” Wonyoung asked Yujin.

 

Her best friend shrugged, “I dunno. I mean, we were with Yeojin and the others and they never told us that they were related.” Then the puppy frowned, “Come to think of it, they’ve seen and talked with Instructor M before and they didn’t even ask her if she had a twin.”

 

“You think LOONA were in on it, too? Oh my God, they were!” the baby bunny gasped. She got a little mad at Yeojin and the maknaes of LOONA for not at least giving them a warning about the huge revelation. However, that small resentment dissipated as quickly as it formed as Wonyoung was not the type to hold petty grudges for more than a day.

 

They entered the building one by one, and once they were all inside they had their breath taken away. Much like the first time they were introduced to the Jungle Field, they were shocked at the size of their new training area. And just like the Jungle Field they felt overwhelmed by the new simulation that they are being put it, but unlike their first time in the Jungle Field, they weren’t that scared anymore because they are aware that this is just a new place they can learn new techniques in.

 

In front of them was a giant pool and not just a generic pool that you find in a school or a recreation center. It was practically a body of water since it had its own ecosystem, meaning it had reefs and marine life.

 

The maknae line took off their shoes and sat at the edge of the pool. The unnies were a bit more reluctant to dip their toes in, except for Hyewon and Yena. Both had succumbed to their inner playfulness and somehow managed to drag the other half of the Master Memers, Yujin and Nako (they had officially added her to the group the hour after they ate the chickens on their first day), into splashing each other for s and giggles. Eventually, the rest of the older members removed their footwear and plunged their feet in and started making small talk with the rest of the girls.

 

The door opened some minutes later and Instructor M stepped in empty-handed, “Could one of you guys hold open the door real quick?”

 

Since Chaeyeon was still in her shoes and had not even gotten to untying it, she was the one who held open the door for their instructor. When Instructor M entered, and thanked the main dancer for help, the girl group’s eyes widened at the big cart in her hands.

 

Inside the cart was an absurd amount of fishing tools. There were a number of fishing rods, spears, lines, nets, flippers, goggles/masks, snorkels, and other things that they can’t see inside the deeper part of the cart. On the handlebars of the cart were a load of wetsuits, rash guards, thermal leggings, and thermal shorts.

 

“If you can’t already guess-”

 

“WE’RE FISHING TODAY BOIS!” the Master Memers jumped up and yelled in unison, which almost made them fall into the pool.

 

Everyone, excluding the Master Memers, winced at the sheer loudness of just four girls.

 

“Uh- yes we’re fishing today.” Instructor M rubbed her ears and muttered quietly, “Maybe they should keep the volume down sometimes.”

 

“So what are we doing first?” Wonyoung inquired excitedly.

 

Instructor M grabbed the articles of clothing on the handlebar and laid them out on a nearby bench, “First thing on the agenda is changing into these. We have rash guards with short sleeves or long sleeves, shorts, leggings, and wetsuits of different kinds.” She pointed at a door with a sign that said ‘Women’s Locker Room,’ “The locker rooms are over there, just pick which things you want to wear in the pool.”

 

As the young women grabbed their clothing, their instructor did something uncalled for. She started ing her shirt and stripped down. The girls screamed and covered their eyes, hurrying to get into the locker room and separate themselves from the scene in front of them.

 

“Why are you guys running? I’m already wearing my wetsuit underneath, and I wouldn’t strip right in front of you if I didn’t have anything under.” Instructor M chuckled, “Y’all are wild sometimes, you know.”

 

IZ*ONE, still flustered, apologized and quickly entered the locker room and changed. One by one they exited in the fishing attire they chose. Wonyoung was the first one out and she wore a short wetsuit that showed off her long legs and proportionate limbs and figure. The next person out was Nako in her leggings and short-sleeved rash guard, looking adorable and had her hair up in a ponytail, and running to the center of their group and showed off her clothes. Sakura was out next wearing shorts and a long-sleeved rash guard that flaunted her tiny waist. After her was Chaeyeon, who also had her hair up, wearing a full-body wetsuit looking like a real athletic swimmer, and she went to Sakura (who temporarily forgot to speak after seeing Chaeyeon in super fitted attire). Next out were Minjoo (who was wearing a short wetsuit, like Wonyoung) and Yujin (who was wearing a long-sleeved rash guard and shorts) and they were both wearing clothes that had a matching color theme. The last half of the group all came out together in different styles of fishing attire and different ways of having their hair up.

 

“You guys ready for the lesson,” Instructor M barely looked at them as she walked to the cart and started collecting the tools.

 

“Yep!”

 

Their instructor set down a bunch of fishing rods in front of them, “These are all spinning rods, and most of you should be familiar with this type as these are the ones you would see the fishermen of Law of the Jungle use a lot.”

 

“How long are we doing this activity for?” Chaewon raised her hand.

 

“As long as it will take,” she grinned. “Just kidding. We can’t afford to spend more time doing one thing since I only have three more days left with you guys ....”

 

“Aw, are you gonna miss us?” Yena teased, waggling her eyebrows.

 

Instructor M put her hand on her hips, “Yes, I will I’m not afraid to admit it. And since you were so brave, you can show us how to fish first.”

 

“Wha-!”

 

Yena stood there like an idiot with opened while her members laughed behind her. Instructor M handed her a rod and ushered her to the pool, and then she walked towards a lever that IZ*ONE had somehow not managed to see since they first entered.

 

“Okay, I’ll do it.” The duck puffed out her chest, mostly to try and impress Yuri. “But where’s the fish? All I see is the coral.”

 

“I’m getting there, duck.”

 

Instructor M pulled a lever and a giant box all the way at the end of the pool had one side of it slide down. As it opened water rushed out with multiple species of fish, and as they made contact with the pool they dispersed out to different places in the pool.

 

“Woah!” everyone gasped.

 

“As I said on the first day, don’t ask me how or why we have this whole set up. Sometimes I think that this place is just a figment of someone’s imagination.” Then she paused, “Sometimes I think I’m a figment of someone’s imagination.”

 

Nako weirdly looked at the older woman but still humored her train of thought, “Wouldn’t it be weird to break the fourth wall.”

 

“Like in video games!” Yujin exclaimed.

 

At this point, the fish had all equally separated into the pool, and now Instructor M had walked back to Yena and placed a live worm as bait on the hook, and then invited her to start fishing.

 

“Oh, you’re actually serious,” Yena gulped and nervously positioned herself to cast the line, then she looked at their instructor. The other nodded, encouraging her to try her best.

 

Yena took a deep breath and threw the line. Everyone watched with bated breath as the bait flew into the air and dropped into the water with a tiny plunk, and then it sank. Moments passed and everyone got impatient, and since Instructor M knew this she handed Minjoo and Nako a fishing rod and they proceeded to do the same thing that the duck did. Once the three of them got their hooks in, the instructor placed three small baskets and one large one next to the ro

Please log in to read the full chapter