Chapter 23: Get a Room!

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“We’re home! Uh, why is Yuri unnie ON TOP of Yena unnie?”

 

A thud echoed from one of the bedrooms and a moment later Hyewon appeared, who was obviously lounging on the bed before the entrance of Yujin and Minjoo. Her already big eyes became even larger with disbelief and shock, “YURI TOPS?!”

 

“What?” came Eunbi’s voice.

 

Minjoo just stood by Yujin trying not to laugh while the younger texted the rest of the Master Memers about this revelation. At this point, everyone in their dorm had gone out into the living room to see what the commotion was all about.

 

All the while, Yena, kept her eyes closed and ignored the impending chaos. She sighed inwardly, annoyed that her and Yuri’s nap had been interrupted all because of one loud puppy and one equally loud self-proclaimed math genius.

 

The noise steadily rose in volume and Yena willed herself to face the music and looked at the members around her. “What do you guys want? You’re being loud and Yuri is still asleep you know,” the duck croaked, sleepiness still present in her voice.

 

Hyewon was about to answer before she was suddenly cut off by a wild Sakura and a short Nako bursting through the front door, both out of breath. Despite their ragged breathing, they managed to shout in unison, “YURI TOPS?!”

 

The abrupt booming sound from the two newcomers made the young woman in question shift in her sleep. Yena gently rubbed circles on Yuri’s back to lull her back into unconsciousness so that she doesn’t wake up to the dumbery around her. This action had not gone unnoticed by the others and she was met with a lot of raised eyebrows. “If you guys can stay quiet, I can explain why we’re… like this,” Yena gestured at the position they were in.


 

Yena was playing the 2018 Spider-Man game that she saw Sakura play on her gaming channel once, enjoying the amazing and smooth traversal mechanics of the game and satisfying combat along with it. Her phone vibrated, it was a text from Yuri telling her that she was coming over. Not even a minute later, their resident hamster came in and sat right next to her.

 

“Hi, unnie.”

 

“Hey,” Yena replied, looking away from the TV.

 

Yuri glanced around before quickly pecking the corner of Yena’s mouth.

 

The older yelped in surprise and paused the game, “W-what was that for?”

 

“Why, did you not like it?” Yuri asked, a tinge of panic in her voice.

 

“No, I liked it. I was just surprised and, you know, there’s people.”

 

The singer flipped her hair and said, “I made sure that there was no one watching.

 

“I thought Eunbi unnie was in the kitchen,” Yena scratched her face.

 

“She went to the bathroom.”

 

Yena began playing again, her lips slowly curling into a smile when Yuri laid her head on her shoulders and watched Spider-Man zip through Manhattan. They decided to have a PC bang date the day after they got home from the camp, well Yena called it a date while Yuri called it an outing before reluctantly making a compromise and calling it a “play date”. Yena and Yuri opted to play one game, one that was chosen by the former. The older chose Overwatch, a shooter game that Yuri was not particularly familiar with, telling Yena that she was more of an Animal Crossing kind of gal. However, Yena being the persuasive woman she is, told her that she’ll do just fine and that she would “carry her to victory”.

 

They booted up Overwatch and so began the main vocalist’s first online match. It surprisingly did not that much, to Yena’s surprise. The younger initially picked the hero Wrecking Ball, which was a hamster that piloted a life-sized robotic hamster ball but immediately picked a different one since she found it too hard to play. She ended up playing as support heroes for almost all of the games they played to buff Yena’s character.

 

They only spent a few hours in the PC bang before going to a nearby cafe to chat. Yuri found a booth in the back of the modest and cute establishment while Yena ordered the drinks.

 

"So how is our date so far?" Yena said as she placed the drinks down and took her seat opposite of Yuri.

 

The shorter rolled her eyes, taking her drink and sipped on the straw, "It's a play date, unnie."

 

"Still has the word 'date' in it though." She grinned, "C'mon Yuri, let's just call it what it is."

 

"Hmmmmm… no."

 

Yena sighed and stretched her arms, "Oh well, I tried."

 

"You gave up so easily, you know." Yuri smiled with her eyebrows raised, "You're usually not like that."

 

"I know but I didn't want you to get annoyed by my constant pestering."

 

Yuri's ear turned pink, "Well, thank you then... babe." The word rolled off her tongue like she was testing the word out, an unfamiliar word said by someone so familiar. It was the second time she said this word, the first time being said as a joke during the test. However, she let this word go with conviction this time, letting the full meaning behind it be read by the woman in front of her.

 

"Oh-" the older reddened before sighing contently, "In that case, you're welcome…babe."


 

Yena finished her story, obviously leaving some parts out. All of which were Yuri kissing the side of her face and her reminiscing about their date the day before.

 

"Okay…" Hyewon started, "but does Yuri top, though? You still left that part out."

 

"Oh, my fu- bro. We just fell asleep like this," Yena glared at her best friend, who was rubbing her arm after being pinched by Eunbi.

 

Minjoo spoke, "Maybe you guys are just looking at this too seriously. I bet Yena unnie and Yuri got tired of playing and just ended up like this."

 

Yena sighed with relief, "Thank you someone who actually thinks for once."

 

"Bold of you to assume that this group even thinks at all," Chaewon muttered.

 

The loud chattering caused Yuri to stir, her eyes fluttering open slowly. She locked gazes with Yena.

 

"Hi, babe," she whispered,” she whispered.

 

The rapper hoped that no one heard that with all the discussion floating around the voice. But of course, luck was not on her side and someone caught what Yuri said, and that person just had to be Sakura.

 

“Nani?!”

 

“What’s wrong, Saku-chan,” Nako asked, surprised at the sudden outburst.

 

Sakura gaped at the two on the couch and then looked at the rest of the members, “Yuri said babe!”


 

Yuri doesn’t understand why she always has to wake up with some type of deafening screaming. It’s already difficult to deal with their group, including her, being frightfully loud while they’re all up and about, but damn does it hit hard when one is slumbering peacefully. As much as she was used to getting out of bed with a lot of noise, she didn’t expect said noise to be about her calling Yena an endearment that is usually reserved for couples. In fact, she didn’t even realize that there were people around her.

 

And she now just came to realize that she and her newly crowned significant other were in a compromising position.

 

She jumped back, off the older woman, and sat straight and still on the couch like a hamster caught outside of its cage. Yena could’ve at least warned her that they had an audience watching, but in retrospect, Yuri should have examined her surroundings before making such a statement.

 

“Why is everyone yelling?” she said, knowing full well why they’re doing it.

 

She doesn’t even get an answer, just more screaming, and overall chaotic behavior. Yena wasn’t helping calm the situation either, sitting next to her with a scared expression.

 

“Everyone, be quiet for a second,” Eunbi voiced out from the mayhem. “My head hurts from all this shouting, I can’t hear myself think. Why don’t we just ask them?”

 

Yuri thanked the forces above for a leader like Eunbi, there’s no way she or Yena could not have gotten the members to quiet down this much. The day people listened to the group’s main rapper will be the day when pigs decide to fly.

 

“So,” the oldest turned to them, “Would you like to say something.”

 

Yena finally spoke, “Look, we were gonna tell you about us but-”

 

Everyone that wasn’t the couple on the couch sputtered before full-on laughing. Once again, Yuri was thrown in a loop and honestly, she just wanted to go back to sleep and pretend that this was all a dream. Yena appeared like she wanted to tear her hair out and admit herself to a mental institution.

 

It took a while for the others to composed themselves and when they did, Yena had to hold herself back from cursing. “What the shi- heck is up with you guys?”

 

Yujin wiped her eyes, “Unnie, we’ve been knew about you and Yuri.”

 

“WhAt?”

 

“Yeah,” Sakura added, “everyone could tell it before you were together, and the only people who didn’t know were you guys.”

 

“It was so obvious that it shocked us that it took you guys this long to make it a real thing.” Nako blew on her fingernails, “We even made a bet on when you guys would tell us.”

 

Hyewon raised her hand, “And I won, so y’all better pay up.”

 

Yujin sighed, "Ah well, a bet is a bet."

 

"Are you guys gambling under my roof?" Eunbi raised her eyebrow and put her hands on her waist. Her annoyance was quickly replaced with shock and then to dismay, "Seriously, you too, Chaewon?"

 

"Yes, unnie, seriously. You're the only person that didn't participate, other than the couple in question."

 

"And," Nako added, "we aren't gambling. Think of this as a friendly and harmless bet, we aren't hurting anyone nor are we breaking the law."

 

Yena grabbed her face and shook her head, "I can't believe this."

 

Throughout this whole exchange, there was still one thing that wasn't clear. If they weren't yelling because of their, now newly revealed, relationship, then what was the real reason.

 

"So, what's all the going crazy about anyway?" Yuri inquired.

 

"Oh cuz you top Yena," Hyewon said without batting an eye.

 

The main vocalist went red, "When will this group stop taking things out of context?"

 

"Hmm, never." Sakura hummed, "You're gonna have to ask for a miracle if you want that to happen."

 

The girls continued to tease and clown the star duo, going from telling them that they're stupid for not doing anything sooner to guessing who kissed who first.

 

Honestly, Yuri wished she could escape the unending cycle of embarrassment, but

Please log in to read the full chapter