Chapter 1: The News

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

A door opened, signaling the four people inside the meeting room to stop whatever discussion they were having. About a dozen people came in, bowing and greeting as they went, and sat down in the available seats.

 

“Girls,” the manager said, gaining the attention of the twelve young women in the room.

 

The manager gestured at the individuals who were here before them, “These people from SBS and this here is one of the higher-ups in the company. They have some things to tell you.” Their manager continued, looking at the older people, “And this here is IZ*ONE, as I’m sure you know.”

 

Someone's chair screeched against the floor, it was the person from their company. “Hello, I’m one of the guys from artist management,” she smiled and bowed. She seemed to be easygoing and comfortable to be around with. “I used to be a manager so, don’t be anxious.”

 

That explains her aura then.

 

“As you know, these kind people here are from SBS and they have a proposition to make.”

 

“I am Min Seonhong, a director,” a man said, standing up then bowing.

 

Director Min motioned for the person next to him to introduce themselves, “I’m Baek Soojin, also a director.”

 

“And I’m the producer, Lee Jiwon.”

 

The male director spoke up, “We would like you guys to appear in one of our shows, and you guys will be appearing as a part of our special episode.”

 

“We have a show in mind,” Producer Lee started. “But we’d like to get your thoughts on it first.”

 

Eunbi raised her hand, “All of us are here, so does that mean all of us will participate in the show?”

 

Director Baek shrugged, “We would prefer if all of you come, and it would be very nice and fun, but it is up to you girls if you want only a select few show up.”

 

“OH! So we can all go?” Yujin jumped up and down in her seat, obviously excited that she could enjoy being in a show with her members.

 

Minjoo, who was embarrassed at how her dongsaeng acted, bowed profusely and muttered some apologies while also scolding the puppy. Yujin apologized and bowed. The producer and the directors laughed.

 

The woman from the management team chuckled, “I like your enthusiasm!” She then looked at the others next to her, trying to gain their bearings, “And I’m sure they do too!”

 

“But anyway, we’d like it if all of you guys come to participate in the show,” Director Baek clapped but tilted her head a few moments afterward. “Chaeyeon-ssi, you look like you have a question.”

 

The dancer looked around, a bit confused before snapping back into reality, “Oh...uh, yeah. Uh, what show will we be appearing on? It couldn’t be Running Man right?”

 

“Now that you bring that up,” Minjoo started. “If we were in Running Man, I would’ve heard from my company. Or at least from Kriesha, because doesn’t Urban Works do some of the production stuff?”

 

Director Min let out a good-natured laugh, “She’s smart! And yes, you would’ve eventually heard if you were in the show as staff members tend to spread the news across the building. Not that it’s bad, I quite like it when employees mingle.” He quickly added.

 

“So it’s not Running Man?” Yena inquired.

 

“Oh man, I can’t believe we have to spoil the surprise now,” Producer Lee feigned sadness. “But I think that this show will be even better than Running Man!” Then she whispered, “Don’t tell their producers I said that.”

 

Director Baek stood up and was quickly followed by the others, including the woman from the managing team.

 

“Guys,” the girl from the artist managing team announced. “These are the producers and directors of Law of the Jungle!”

 

There was a moment of silence before a loud series of noises emitted from the girl group.

 

“EHHHHH!?” IZ*ONE yelled.

 

They expected to appear in Running Man since there was a chance for them to appear as a whole group. If that didn’t work they could send at least half of the members. But there was no way for them to appear in Law of the Jungle as a whole, much less as a half. The most members they can put in the show are seven. Usually, there are only eight members in the cast, including Kim Byungman. How would they be able to budget an entire

Please log in to read the full chapter