Chapter 8: Breakfast With LOONA ft. A Special Guest

Law of the Jungle: IZ*ONE Edition
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been four days since IZ*ONE arrived and started their training and today they are spending the first part of the day hanging out with LOONA before sending them off. After that, they are going to another building that they haven’t been inside before.

 

Inside the cafeteria, the maknaes of both groups sat at their own table while the unnies sat at their own, each table having their conversations. The maknaes chattered about what they think they’ll be able to do in Fiji and the things they find annoying about the older members. On the other hand, the older women talked about Fiji excitedly but were worried about what the younger members would do.

 

“I’m so excited about Fiji!” Yeojin exclaimed.

 

Wonyoung set her fork down, “Me too! Can I ask which island are you guys going on?”

 

“Nanuya Lailai,” Hyejoo, better known as Olivia Hye, said monotonously as she took a bite from her sandwich.

 

“Do you know what your island is?” Hyunjin asked, who then promptly offered her bread with Hitomi.

 

“Nope, they haven’t told us yet,” Minjoo scratched her head, “They said that telling the location isn’t their top priority.”

 

“Initially, we were supposed to go Waya island but it was too mountainous,” Heejin added. “The terrain was too hard to traverse for beginners like us.”

 

They continued to converse, making small talk and bringing up the fact that the two youngest girls of IZ*ONE were taller than Yeojin by a few inches despite the fact that she is older than them. The table gets progressively louder and louder and soon the unnie’s table stopped talking altogether and stared at the other table.

 

“Hey guys, I think we’re being a little too loud,” Park Chaewon, which both groups decided to call by her stage name Gowon (because it would be too confusing having two people called the same thing), commented amidst their loud conversation.

 

The table stopped talking and glanced around them, making eye contact with the unnie table. After a few moments, Yujin spoke up.

 

“Pssh who cares, dude. This is the only time we get to interact with each other outside of shows or performances.”

 

And so they continued to make noisy small talk that eventually reached a thunderous volume. Minjoo, Hitomi, Gowon, and Hyejoo opted to stay quiet and out of their conversation, deciding that their lives were much more important than the excitement of Fiji.

 

At this point, some members of the unnie table couldn’t handle the deafening noise level anymore and stood up. Eunbi, Haseul, and Jungeun (or Kim Lip) quickly strolled over to the other table of twelve to deliver a scolding. Eunbi went over to one side of the table and addressed her members.

 

“Do you have any idea how loud you guys were?” IZ*ONE’s leader shushed them.

 

Haseul looked so done with her members , “Please be quiet, we all woke up at 6 in the morning and some people are still half asleep,” she pointed at Hyewon, Vivi, and Sakura.

 

Jungeun spoke to her members, “I expected Heejin and Hyunjin to control them. I am disappointed.”

 

“When are you not?” Hyunjin tilted her head, her eyes daring her to challenge her.

 

The other girl choked, “Wh- no…. You know what, I’m going back to the other table.” Accepting her defeat, she sighed and walked back to the unnie table.

 

As she took her walk of shame the maknae table laughed, even making Haseul and Eunbi chuckling after the initial shock. The two leaders told them that they could speak amongst themselves but should keep the noise volume down.

 

Haseul sat down next to Vivi and Eunbi did the same next to Hyewon. They were starting to wake up now that they had food in their system, but Sakura still had her eyes half open and was leaning on Chaeyeon’s shoulder. The dancer was softly scratching the drowsy girl’s chin, subconsciously humming Bad Boy by Red Velvet for the older woman. Yena looked at them weirdly but did not say anything as she knows that getting the unnie table riled up will cause the maknae table to copy them, and she knows that if she was the cause of their loudness she would never hear the end of it from Eunbi.

 

Chaewon was looking at the duo, too. Chaeyeon would sometimes feed Sakura when she tapped the younger woman on the lap, and it doesn’t help that whenever she glances at their direction she starts wishing that she sat with Hitomi. She silently cursed at herself for allowing her pride to get the better of herself and sitting with the older people because of obligations.

 

Chaekura weren’t the only ones who were being all lovey-dovey. Jiwoo, also known as Chuu, was animatedly speaking about their group’s time training while Sooyoung (Yves) looked at her adoringly, nodding her head whenever it was appropriate. Jinsoul and Jungeun spoke with everyone and gave them their full attention, but their eyes always seem to find themselves back on each other.

 

LOONA had to finish their breakfast quicker than IZ*ONE because they had to pack up before their bus arrives and takes them back home. After they left the cafeteria, the remnants of the maknae table migrated to the table that had the rest of their group. Needless

Please log in to read the full chapter