005

Saving Lives, Saving Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sometimes, there are times where Yeonhee can see the signs that maybe, a small part of her is certain, Sehun indeed has the same feeling as her. They say woman's intuition is the most powerful force on earth, they have an enhanced ability at reading facial expressions and emotions, and they are much more likely to pick up on subtle emotional messages and read things like tone of voice and body language much better than men. He doesn't show it that often, but when he does, it's obvious. It's clearly shown that it feels like he doesn’t leave a crack of open space for doubts to creep in.

Like, just the way he looks at her, especially when he thinks she doesn't know he is. He looks at her like he's trying to enjoy every moment staring at her face that she's often pretending she doesn't notice his gaze. Or when he'll lower his voice when he's talking to her. She has no idea why this happens, but it does. It's like he tries to make himself sound manlier or something, though he does sound a lot ier at that moment. Believe it or not, he'll lower his voice even more when she leans in closer, and when she stands or sits just right next to him, exactly glued to his side, he'll whisper to her ear to tell her things, and she thinks it's the best part of it all.

She's never not noticing how he likes to sit a lot closer to her on his couch when they spend their free Saturday to watch some shows on Netflix, even closer than necessary. It looks like he finds some excuses to make physical contact, like just brushing her hair out of her eyes or rubbing on her knee. And he always gives his all in hugging her, like the kind where she'll feel warm and cuddly, not the awkward lets-avoid-chest-contact hug, but a real solid embrace. All these pellucid gestures always make her believe in her intuition, sometimes, only to have it burns when he suddenly pulls away from her after everything he's done, every time.

What frustrated her the most is, Sehun always sends mixed signals (she's not even sure if she can call this, signals) and she never knows what he is actually thinking about and she's left with no choice other than to guess what goes around in his head. She has spent countless hours mentally tallying the signs if he does have an interest in her versus the signs that he doesn't. With some difficulty, she begins trying to reach a definite answer to this seemingly impossible question, but she never gets any. Sehun has this stone thick defensive wall that's even greater than the Great Wall in China, it's very unlikely to break through and to know what he hides inside his heart. He never shows her his emotion, and it's just... she means it like, all that she reads on some articles in the internet says that guys are supposed to be not that hard to read. She finds some of the signs he shows on the list of 'is he in love with you?', but at the same time some of them also on the list of 'he's not that into you', and truth be told, Yeonhee really has no idea where to put Sehun in this matter that by the end of the day, she just gives up to actually find out. It happens for ten years straight, can you imagine?

And when Yeonhee told him that she'll share an apartment with Yixing today, she hopes that Sehun would do something, reacted to it at least, just to show her another sign on that 'he's into you' list. But to her dismay, he doesn't say much. Yeonhee doesn't even take her eyes off for him at all, for fear that she'll miss a single sign. But he only pouts his lips and continues doing his work, taking out some vegetables from the fridge as he prepares dinner for them. Yeonhee sits by the countertop and follows his every move with a frowned forehead.

"Does it have to be Yixing?" It's the only sentence he says as a reaction. He doesn't even look at her when he asks that, and Yeonhee is extremely disappointed.

She doesn't know what she should do at a time like this. She doesn't understand how Sehun can act so sweet and charming in some moments, only to be distant in some other times like he doesn't care at all to whatever she does. Yeonhee doesn't even know if she has done something he probably doesn't like because he doesn't particularly show it.

"I mean, isn't there another intern girl on your group? Why not her?" he asks again while she's trying to find some answers.

"You mean Sejeong? She lives with her parents, I can't just ask her to get out of her house to move in with me." she then replies to him.

"Why not?"

"Because she lives with her parents, period." Yeonhee has no other answer, to be honest. Nobody in the hospital knows about her and Yixing's plan on moving in together, it was her impulsive proposal and she has no idea what makes Yixing agree on it, she means like, his real reason in agreeing her proposal other than her offer of teaching him her mother's secret technique.

She believes that Yixing has another reason because it can't be only for her mother's legacies she told him about, didn't look like he's really interested in it when she mentioned it earlier. What exactly his interest is, she has no idea and is not really care about it.

And when Sehun finally says his latest weapon of 'whatever you like, then', she knows that she's losing it. Sehun always says that every time he's lost at words for the things that she does, or decides. And for the umpteenth time in the world, she has no idea he says that, because though he slightly shows that he doesn't like the idea, he never says it, and he lets her do what she wants just to eat up her own words while she did all that just to get his attention. It's like the last time when she told him that she's going to have an all-nighter with her male study body in his dorm to prepare the final exam in the third year of med-school, Sehun showed her the same reaction. He didn't tell her not to go, he didn't say that it's not a good idea to have a girl to be in a man's dorm, he didn't say that he didn't like it. But at the D-day Sehun texted her every hour just to check on her, and Yeonhee had to pretend that she's been at her male friend's dorm while they're actually in the library all along.

It really frustrates her that she keeps silent throughout the dinnertime to show that she's upset, but again, as clueless as Sehun can be, he let her be.

On Sunday morning, Yeonhee meets Yixing at their new apartment. 

He has the moving-transport service to send his belongings to the apartment this early morning and is cleaning his room when she arrives. They visited three apartments last Saturday from the choices offered by officers at the consulting office, and among the three, they chose this residence on the second floor of the 4-story building that's only two minutes away from the subway station. The place is not as modern or new as compared to other apartments they visited, but the first time they set their feet there, Yixing looked like he fell on it at the first sight.

"The light's good," she heard him comment. At first Yeonhee didn't understand what Yixing liked about it, but when she saw him standing at the end of the entrance corridor and staring at the empty living room as if he was imagining anything that could fill the place, then seeing him checking out the windows in each room, she suspected it had something to do with the content of his youtube channel.

She watched people vlogging and doing room tours or apartment tours several times, and they chose certain spots in their homes while recording their video content, and Yixing must have the thought of getting there. She can't deny that the third apartment looks chic in colors and room decoration, and she doesn't mind staying anywhere, as long as she's not alone. This also makes her realize that she has to take the time to watch videos on Yixing's channel in the near future.

"Are you done cleaning?" Yeonhee asks while following Yixing to his room after he opens the door for her. She hovers at his door while watching him make the bed, and she can't help but chuckle to spot some sheep plushies placed at the headboard. He claims them as the viewers' gifts, and when she asks why sheep of all the animals, he only answers with 'watch my channel and you'll find out'. Yeonhee fails to hold her smile seeing how he's lowkeyly promoting his channel without making it sound like he's begging for it.

"Where are your things?" Yixing asks when he sees her idling at the door.

"It's coming," she answers with shrugged shoulders.

She plans to have the chauffers to deliver her stuff this morning, she had one of the maid to take care of it yesterday. But Sehun said that he would do it for her, claiming that since it's not that many of things, it wouldn't be too much trouble for him. Yeonhee doesn't have a lot of stuffs, other than her clothes, she only asks the maid to tidy up the books and her stationary. She left her other stuffs, such as laptops, bags, and everything that she often has with her, at Sehun's house.

She has said that Sehun didn't need to do it, especially to the fact that Yixing knows nothing about the relationship. But when Sehun said that he's going to do something, Yeonhee knows best that no one can stop him. Sooner or later Yixing will definitely know about Sehun, especially if they'll share the same roof here. And he doesn't look like such a big mouth, so she finally lets Sehun do what he wants. She believes Yixing won't say anything to people if she asks for it.

And she's inside her own room when she hears the bell ring at the front door. She let Yixing open it while she leans on her door frame, enjoying the sight where Yixing looks so surprised to see Sehun appears from behind the stack of boxes he's holding in his long arms.

"Where do I put this?" Sehun asks her, just greeting Yixing with a nod of his head and stepping inside as if this were his own home. And she meets his confused look at his widens eyes on Sehun's back and Yeonhee just answers him with her shoulders raise.

"This way," Yeonhee tilts her head to show Sehun her room and watches him rushing in to put down the boxes in it.

Whatever it is that Yixing has in his head, he hides it quickly because the clueless expression is now replaced by an awkward poker face when Sehun walks out of the room to let him know that there are few other boxes in his car. Yixing quickly tails him without a word.

The both men reappear carrying two large boxes each after a while when Yeonhee is unpacking the two taped boxes that Sehun has brought earlier. Sehun and Yixing put them by the wall near the opened boxes, and Sehun sits next to her on the unmade bed while Yixing excuses himself to get out of the room.

"It looks decent." he comments once he scans the room with his eagle eyes. He raises to check on the closet and looks over the window to see outside. He then comes out from the room, and stops for a moment at the front door when he sees Yixing also comes out of his room at the same time,

"Is it okay if I look around?" he asks to the other man just to be polite, and moves once Yixing nods to let him do.

Yeonhee raises from the bed to lean on the door again while Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter