Chapter 16

Heart Like Yours (Jenlisa Ver)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jennie woke up due to the light coming straight from the window. She shut her eyes tight as the pain in her head suddenly rush in. Her body aching in every single part. She's feeling under the weather. Jennie might need lisa to help her getting up. Reaching her hand to the right side of the bed, only to be found an empty space. Lisa was not there.

 

 

 

Jennie sit up, scanning the room. There's no sign of lisa at all. 

 

 

 

"Did she stay out last night? I don't think it's because of the work. It only took about 2-3 hours for the whole proposal to be finished. She should be home already." 

 

 

 

Jennie took her phone on the night stand, dialling her wife number but lisa did not pick up her phone. It makes jennie even more worried

 

 

 

"Where are you lisa? Don't tell me you're running away from me just like what you did before. I can't bear losing you." Jennie sighed. Tears forming in her eyes but she tried to be strong, embracing herself. She need to make everything clear to her wife and jisoo. Ignoring her weak state, jennie slowly get off from the bed heading to the bathroom  to freshen up.

 

 

 

The bruise can be seen on her body and she would wince in pain every time she accidentally touch the bruise part. She reach for lisa's sweatshirt and put it on. At least the shirt is big enough to cover her body. She texted dian informing she'll not be come to the office today.

 

 

 

"I need to see jisoo first. Lisa must be in her office. I'll go there later. I really hope everything's going to be okay." Jennie get inside her car and drove off. 

 

 

 

Right after lisa sent the proposal to her father in law, she head to her office since she have a meeting early in the morning. She took a shower in her office and changed the outfit. Lisa decides to rest for awhile since she has an hour before the meeting starts. She had been staying all night worrying about jennie. The work finished early but lisa can't stop thinking about her relationship with her wife. She loves jennie. Yes she realised that. Lisa was so afraid jennie might want to end everything at the same time she can't break her promise. 

 

 

 

"Thank god he did not suspecting anything." Lisa 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

"Jennie is not feeling well. I helped her with the work. I hope you're okay with it daddy." Lisa scratch the back of her head trying to not look nervous 

 

"She's not well? I told her already if she can't settle this thing, then I'm okay with it. Is she okay? Have you bring her to the doctor?"

 

"Yeah dad she's okay. Just a slight fever. She's feeling better now."

 

"She love to overwork and ignore everything especially her health. And thank you lisa for helping us. Take care of jennie okay? Oh and before i forgot, don't forget to drop by for dinner tomorrow night. Your mom and dad would be here too tomorrow. We'll have a family dinner together." Mr Kim pat lisa's arm.

 

 

"I will daddy don't worry." Lisa 

 

 

 

 

 

.............................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

"Hey lisa. You there?" 

 

 

 

Seulgi waved her hand in front of lisa's face since she was busy dreaming about something.

 

 

 

"Hey. How long have you been here?" Lisa came into her sense, looking at her secretary. 

 

 

 

"I've been standing here for about 1 minute already. Are you okay?" Seulgi took a sit facing lisa

 

 

 

"Really? I'm sorry i did not notice you. I'm okay bear don't worry." Lisa smiled

 

 

 

"Well too bad, your face telling me different thing. Come on lis, i've known you for more than 5 years. I can tell if you're lying.."

 

Lisa let a small laugh out

 

 

 

"Looks like i can never lie to you huh? I'm fine. Really. Just that i stayed up late last night. Was a bit tired." 

 

 

 

"As far as i know, you're free this week. There's not really much to do. You will only have a board meeting with our shareholders" Seulgi frowned

 

 

 

"I was helping my wife. She's not well. Don't worry. Everything's fine." 

 

 

 

Seulgi knew exactly lisa was lying just from her face. It's not because she was tired about of work. It's something else. But if lisa does not feel comfortable to share with her, she's understand that

 

 

 

"Fine then. If there's anything, just call me okay? I'll go first. Don't forget your meeting. 45 minutes from now" seulgi stood up and walk towards the door."

 

 

 

"Wait. Seulgi, we're fine right?" Lisa asked. Seulgi  nodded and smiled before leaving the office.  

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo's house

 

 

 

Jennie rang the bell a few times before jisoo finally open the door for her. 

 

 

 

Jennie was a bit shocked looking at how bad her face is. Lisa must have hit her so hard.

 

 

 

"J-jennie? W-what are you doing here?" Jisoo look to right and left looking for someone

 

 

 

"She's not with me. Don't worry" Jennie

 

 

"O-oh. Why are you h-here?" Jisoo 

 

 

 

Jisoo was stuttering like hell. She feels scared and guilty about what happened last night. Jennie tried to act as calm as she can. She don't want to start any fight. After all, she once loved her before.

 

 

 

"Can i come in?" Jennie

 

"Y-yeah sure" 

 

 

 

Before jennie sit on the couch, she noticed jisoo was about to close the door

 

 

 

"Can you leave it open? I'm sorry i-" Jennie

 

 

 

"It's fine jen. Y-you don't have to explain anything. If that makes you comfortable w-we can leave the door o-open" Jisoo. She then sit on the other couch facing jennie  

 

 

 

"I'm sorry about your face. Lisa is not the kind of person who would do that to someone. She was just trying to protect me. I'm sorry."

 

 

 

"It's okay jennie. If i were him, i would do the same thing." Jisoo 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry" Jennie

 

"I'm sorry" Jisoo

 

 

 

They said the same words together.

 

Make the situation more awkward. Jennie then took a deep breath before start explaining everything to jisoo

 

 

 

"No jisoo, i'm sorry. It's not your fault. You were not in your right mind last night. I understand that. I came here to explain everything to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter