Chapter 12

My Angel of Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't believe all I have just heard. The boss is doing auditions to save the company and I'm only here a few days. Looking down at the paperwork she handed out I feel a lump form in my throat.

 

"Hey baek, we are all going out for some cold drinks you wanna come?"  Jeno takes a seat beside me as people are leaving the room.

 

"I need to ring my aunt I have been putting it off for long enough"

 

"Baek sorry we couldn't head out to that shop I told you about for the suits we can tomorrow if you like?"

 

"We can talk about that later if that's ok, it's just so much information to take in from Cece"

 

"Don't stress you will be fine, I gotta go my baby is waiting" Jeno winks at me before leaving as I slump back into the chair.

 

How can they expect me to perform when I haven't had the training. This is so unfair.

 

The lump is getting bigger in my throat making me look at the wall of mirrors. Did he know this was happening and never told me... Or was he trying to tell me but I pushed him away.

 

Looking around the room I realise I am the last one. A tear escapes and rolls down my cheek making me struggle to hold back my emotions. Finally I let a quick sob out before I cover my mouth from making anymore sounds. 

 

Slowly getting up from the chair I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders right now. This is impossible for me, surely Cece understands. Walking out of the room I look down the hallway towards the stairs and lift. I want to go talk to Cece alone and tell her I can't do this. What if she ends my contract,    what if she screams and shouts at me. Lowering my head I decide to just leave the building right now and head back to my dorm. 

 

Walking past the shop of all merchandise for acts that made it out of Cece entertainment my heart sinks even further. Will I ever have my merchandise selling in here?. Reaching inside my pocket I take out my phone dialing my aunt. 

 

"Baekhyun sweetheart you're alive" 

 

"Yeah just about"

 

"Oh how is it all going, you ok? 

 

" Not too good today, boss wants us to audition and I haven't had any training yet" 

 

"Oh sweetheart, why don't you just try it" 

 

"I can't auntie, all the others are here longer, have had training and stage work. Me I'm here a few days and have nothing, it's not fair" 

 

"Hey sweetheart life isn't fair, but I know you Baekhyun this won't stop you. They already took you in from your auditions to get into the company. Don't be so hard on yourself" 

 

"I just don't think it's fair me only being there a few days though" 

 

"Baekhyun listen to your auntie ok. You have it deep inside you to do this, your voice is out of this world. I wouldn't have agreed with you joining Cece Entertainment if I didn't think you could make it" . 

 

"Thanks auntie" 

 

"Listen to me Baekhyun, they may have had training to sing and dance a particular way. You have raw talent that can't be taught. That's what makes you different from the rest. Show them what you are made of and you sing with your heart and soul"

 

"So you think I can really do this?"

 

"Yes I do, you just have to believe in yourself. Don't be the cause of not having the future you want. Go for it and grab it with both hands, life is short enough enjoy it and just go for it. If you get picked well and good if not then it gives you an idea of what to work on"

 

"Your amazing auntie, I love you so much" 

 

"Hey go get rid of that lump in your throat then dust yourself off and practice"

 

"Thank you, I best go before I really cry out" 

 

"That's ok sweetheart you got this, I believe in you" 

 

"OK aunty I'll go now" 

 

"OK sweetheart, and Baekhyun I love you too now kick some " . 

 

"Bye for now" 

 

"Bye sweetheart" 

 

Hanging up the phone I wipe a stray tear from my cheek as I turn back and head back to the coompany building I just left. Entering the main door again people are now coming and going most rooms are taking and others seem to be giving advice to their friends. 

 

I walk along the corridor and enter the lift for the floor to the room I know will have nobody in it. Arriving at the correct floor the lift door opens and I can hear people's voices coming from the other rooms. Quickly and almost stealth like I hurry down the hallway to the ghost room and hope and pray the door isn't locked. 

 

Damn it I shout to myself as the door won't open. I try a few more times and then decide to leave it and just head home. 

 

Falling onto my bed face first I just wanna cry so as soon as my head hits the softness of my pillow the tears flow like a water fall. I sob my heart out loudly knowing all my rooms mates are still out and they won't hear me 

 

"Please don't cry" I hear and jolt up in my bed rubbing my face in my sleeve. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I talk to the stranger dressed all in black with a hood covering his head realising it's Chanyeol. 

 

"I watched you earlier at the meeting and could see you upset. Then I passed by all your roommates and noticed you where missing so I came here to find you and make sure you're ok" 

 

"I'm fine" 

 

"Your face would say otherwise" 

 

He reaches into his inside coat pocket and passes me a handkerchief. "Please use this not your sleeve". 

I take it and wipe my eyes "thank you" 

 

"Can I sit?" he asks pointing at the end of my bed. 

 

I just nod a yes as he takes a seat and slowly removes his hood. 

 

"Why are you crying?" 

 

I look at him feeling a magnet pull me towards him. Seeing him from a side view I can't help but stare and wonder what the other side of his face looks like properly without the mask seeing as the side that faces me now is rather mouth dropping. 

 

" Baek?" 

 

"Sorry, its just allergies I wasn't crying" 

 

"Do you usually sob out that loud with allergies" I watch as the side of his mouth raises up into a smirk. 

 

"Ok ok, so you heard me crying its no big deal". I climb off the bed and head to my desk grabbing the bottle of water and taking a sip. 

 

"It is a very big deal if you sob like that. That sound was like a heart being ripped out. I feel him stand up as I turn to face him. He is so tall and broad I just want to dive into his arms and be held by him and cry all my tears out. 

 

" I will be ok don't worry" . I look down at my feet feeling shy as the next thing I feel is his hand touch my cheek. "Look at me Baekhyun please" 

 

I do as I'm told and look up seeing his masked face softly smiling down at me. My heart is racing in my chest right now and I don't know weather it is fear or just want of him. 

 

"Talk with me Baekhyun tell me what's wrong" 

 

"It's the auditions, I haven't trained and all the others have, they have stage presence I don't they have vocal lessons I don't, they have worked in groups I haven't and it's so unfair I won't be fairly judged" . Finally I take a breath not realising I was holding it. 

 

"Hey breathe and I can help you if you like" 

 

Hearing his deep voice say that melts my heart a little. 

 

"Really" he just nods his head and removes his hand from my cheek and I find myself pouting. I don't know what it is about being around him. One minute I want him to hold me and kiss me the next minute I wanna run scared away. 

 

"Come to the company with me we can use my room the sound will be better there then here" . He holds out his hand waiting. Hearing my aunts voice in my head telling me to take a chance I reach my hand out and place it in his making him smile as we both start to leave the dorm. 

 

"Oh wait won't you be seen" I stop at the open window as he pulls up his ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter