Chapter 9

My Angel of Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

"It's been over a week and I have tried to find Chanyeol. I fell asleep sitting up in my room last night hoping each night he would show up so I can explain but nothing. We haven't been able to go back to the company yet as Cece is redecorating the place making sure no one can get hurt. Everyone has been busy doing their own thing. I have been in my room looking over some music sheets waiting for just one day or night Chanyeol will show up. I decide to head off out on a walk and just see where the day takes me.

Walking past the company building I can see builders walking in and out some carefully carrying new mirrors. Stopping just outside I wonder if I was quick enough could I slip inside and maybe head to the ghost room to see if he is there. Taking a deep breath I make a run for it sneaking down the side of the building through a back door. Quickly I make my way down past the dance studios seeing some builders fixing the mirrors inside. I quickly rush past and decide to take the stairs instead of waiting on the lift.

Making it up the stairs without being caught I rush along the corridor stopping right outside the Ghost room as I reach and grab the handle. I push it and the door opens to my delight as I hurry inside closing the door behind me. Dropping my bag to the floor I make my way to the centre of the room. "Chanyeol are you here? I'm sorry please come out and talk to me. I won't leave until you do" I plop down on the floor looking at the mirrors hoping the one that opens will open and that he will just walk right through it. 15 minutes have passed so I get up from the floor and walk to the mirror pushing it as it slides open making me step inside. Walking carefully along the back as not to be seen. The area from before is blocked off stopping me from going any further. I reach my hands along the wall looking for the part Chanyeol hit before but nothing works. "" I moan out as I make my way back the way I came and close the mirror behind me. "If you can hear me I am really sorry. I never meant to hurt your feelings Chanyeol. I promise please don't ignore me". I find myself getting upset that his feelings were hurt because I was being nosy and wanted to know more about him. I wipe a stray tear and grab my bag slinging it over my shoulder leaving the room.

Quickly I make my way out of the building as I see Cece and Lay get out of a car. " " I panic moving as close to the wall as I can as not to be seen. "We need this all sorted honey we have our yearly Masquerade ball in 3 weeks time everything needs to be sorted then," I turn a little to try and see them as Lay tries to comfort her by hugging her. Once they embrace I make a run for it and finally get out onto the street without anyone seeing me.

Not wanting to head home just yet I make my way across the street and down a bit to a nearby park. Finding a spot under a large tree I take a seat and just look at people playing in the park enjoying the day. My mind keeps drifting off to Chanyeol and how he must be feeling hearing everything that was said that day. Kai was wrong with the names he called Chanyeol. Chen had a major go at him when we got back to the dorm that day. They wouldn't talk to each other for a while until Kai's knees nearly got raw from being on the floor begging Chen to forgive him and his behaviour. Grabbing my backpack I move it so I can lay my head on it and close my eyes resting for a bit listening to the world around me and the beautiful music it makes with the chirping of the birds.

My peace and quiet is ruined when I hear laughing and shouting making me sit up knowing the voices. "Hey Baek why didn't you say you were coming to the park you could have waited for us" Jeno shouts towards me while kicking the ball towards Kai who has his arm around Chen's shoulder. "I'm sorry I just fancied a bit of alone time" I answer as he flops down on the grass beside me. "Are you still in shock after what happened that day?" He looks at me with concern as I look towards Kai. "I guess I am scared if I'm honest" I turn to look back at him as he looks towards Kai. "Don't be so hard on Kai he just doesn't have a filter. He doesn't think before he speaks. He has been apologising all week and today is the first time I have seen him smile since all this happened . We are all a team. We should work together and not ignore each other "Jeno says his piece and heads off to kick the ball with Kai making me feel bad that it's not Kai I am worrying about but more on how Chanyeol is feeling.

"Hey Baek'' Chen joins me sitting down beside me. "Baek are you ok? you seem rather distant this week the guys and I have been worried about you is everything ok?" Chen looks at me with sorrow making me feel bad that I didn't realise I made them all worry. "I guess I just don't know what to do with my free time. I was expecting to be busy when I joined but it seems a lot has happened since I arrived" I smile shyly at him as he just looks ahead at the others playing with a football. "Oh Chen, does the company have a masquerade ball coming soon?" he jumps up from the grass shocking me as he lets out an unholy scream making the others look towards us. "Hey what the hell?" Kai rushes over towards us with Jeno as I get up from the grass looking over Chen to see if he may have got bitten or something.

"The ball is in three weeks how have I forgotten?" . I need to sort out my outfit. I need to head out I'll see you guys later" Chen rushes off leaving us three laughing at his outburst. "So is this Masquerade ball a big thing?" I grab the football bouncing it as the others look at me shocked. "It is huge in our company. Cece goes all out for it making sure everything is perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter