Chapter 11

Violet

 

After a long day of rough discussions, arguments and ideas going back and forth, they didn't get quite far.

There wasn't really a perfect answer. A single action that can be done that'll erase all of the problems. Even if one thing with the best intentions is being done, at least ten new other issues arise as a result of that. And they had to consider all of them before making a decision of any kind.

Nobody really knows what will happen if the island falls under attack, if the fire gem is fully destroyed and gone. Nobody knows what will happen if they bring the fire people back into the larger society, into the evil balance between the empire and the surface of earth. They are just so... Different. They are a better kind of people. And their presence might influence things either for the better or for the worse.

Nobody knows what will happen if the empire will decide to kill all of the people but keep the gem as a power supply for its own benefits... What will the effects be? And besides, if the fire people will in fact be gone, what reason will the empire have to continue forcing itself into the military lifestyle of fear and separation?

If they have nobody to protect themselves from, would the Lightless no longer be banished down to earth? Or will the Carriers only get a bigger superiority complex and turn their aggression against them with more violence?

Kyungsoo and the crew will not be able to protect the fire island from the fleet on their own. And forcing the native islanders, the innocent Wonder Souls to dirty their hearts and minds, bloody their hands and corrupt their pure intentions is out of the question. They won't make them fight.

They've lost the opportunity to try and negotiate things to swerve them away from destruction because of Yixing and his connection with the Keepers in the empire. But there was no need to punish him with their selfish anger. It was obvious his own morals are making his heart ache with enough guilt.

Despite what actions he had chosen to take on, what was said and done, he didn't give up, and turned his mistake into a crucial part of their next stage of discussion.

The leading force, as expected, was Yixing. Providing not only the most important information regarding their situation, but also the most useful historical bits and logical hard facts that made the whole group wonder how none of them had thought of it before.

In the heat of the moment Yixing managed to bring up a statement he had already mentioned before on their way to the island two months prior. And while back then it was forgotten because of the tension of Jongdae's undying loyalty to the better future of the empire's children, this time it came as the core, the key to solving this whole issue.

And as much as they were trying to find a way that'll help make sure the future is safe to walk through, for the sake of having any future at all, they had to rely on the past. A thousand years ago to be exact.

Thanks to Yixing they were able to realize that the solution might not even include running away, staying hidden, or going anywhere else at all. Rather it was the look back into the past which revealed exactly what their new goal should be.

Even if they didn't quite know how to achieve it, at least they knew what to put their efforts into in their minds.

None of the options spreaded in front of him were perfect. None of them could have a smooth result with no possible complications, battle, or obvious loss of life. Yet their goal was to ensure no more blood will be shed. Or at least, as little of it as possible.

 

 

Having spent hours together to try and come up with anything practical worth their time at all, Kyungsoo couldn't help but fall back on the confidence he had managed to build up in himself on the island.

Sitting in the ship for so long and discussing details about the empire brought his mind slightly backwards, to the state where he was still insecure, unsure, and doubtful about both the island and the empire.

He knew this feeling was only temporary, but it still weighed heavy on him.

A part of him started regretting being sent on this mission so much. He feels guilty, still. He feels like if only he wasn't a part of the mission, of the military as a whole... If only he wasn't powerless, or if he didn't come and discover these amazing fire people, maybe they would have been saved from whatever faith might be awaiting them.

Deep down he knows he is just being illogical and he needs to make sure to push himself outside of this hole of thoughts because the more he doubts his own value, the more useless he renders himself to be.

Maybe the solution to this problem would be to fight fire with... Well, fire. 

Maybe he should just destroy everything else, the empire, the world itself, so that the good fire island and its people will be alright. Maybe they are the only thing that should remain while nothing else exists.

They are the only thing that he considers are truly alive. The earth is dead and broken, the empire islands might seem united, but under the facade of 'together', they are torn by internal conflicts, restrictions, wars and greed. They're burdened with a bloody history of torture and pain.

No, Kyungsoo must stop allowing his thoughts to run astray. He cannot afford to waste this time and energy. He needs to focus.

Having Baekhyun sitting on one side, Junmyeon on the other, and everyone else around the map that shows what airpath the empire will take in order to reach the island in two weeks, Kyungsoo knew he couldn't let himself lose.

The map was sketched by hand thanks to Junmyeon, Yixing, Jongdae and Sehun, who worked on combining all of ther information regarding flights and airways to show exactly what path Kyungsoo's own ship and fleet have taken to get there.

The empire, having nothing but the data they've gathered from Kyungsoo's ship and fleet, will definitely follow that exact same path. They wouldn't dare risking going any other way. Plus, with twenty armored battle ships, they don't have anything to worry about or be afraid of. They're way too over powered to handle such a tiny harmless island.

Knowing that fact does give Kyungsoo and the crew a little bit of strategical advantage. But even when knowing exactly what will come and when... What would they possibly do?

All they know, is that the solution must be somewhere in the past. In the peaceful past that was the reality of this world before any of the fire people even thought of attacking anyone else. Before there was a need for any punishment. Before the chaos and separation of the gems.

Before the war, must have been peace. And their goal now is to try and find a way to bring back that peace.

Yixing have gone over the historical records of both the island and the empire, over the stories and superstitions and even the plan that the Keepers have already tried to bring into execution but were denied at the cusp.

Yet the click hasn't been heard yet.

The puzzle pieces of the situation haven't fallen into place yet. With every step they make in a direction of a plan they thought was right, they realize they are paying by having to take two steps back.

What price is worth paying? What payment is worth losing? What loss is worth fighting for? What fights are worth dying for? How many deaths will it take to reach the peace?

Forward or backwards, those questions never give out the answer they seek.

But at least they know where to look, what to think of and what to aim for. And maybe if they are confident enough, returning to the council for a better scope and wider, wiser grasp, will help them in the right direction.

As long as they manage to present everything well enough, they would avoid what Junmyeon had mentioned. The last thing they want to do is freak anybody out and push them into extreme actions. But... They don't have a concrete solution to offer as a beacon of hope to stand against the haunting news.

 

 

At the very least, other than the headache he had developed after spending hours working his brain with plans and consequences and side effects and more, his body was completely fine.

A part of him was sure he'd be experiencing a far more painful 'aftermath' to the chain of events that occured with Chanyeol at the glowing lake under the waterfall.

He didn't know what magic Chanyeol used, but it felt like through the night somehow... All of the pain was burnt away. He does remember feeling Chanyeol's large hand gently massaging his lower back when he was already in the process of falling asleep, though.

Either Chanyeol is an expert masseur, or Kyungsoo was yet again met with another miracle that only Wonder Souls can make be.

To be quite honest, he could feel... Something. But it was far from pain. It was more of a strange interior pressure. Like the organs inside of his body had to be rearranged to adjust to the puzzle piece he got hooked by.

He's not bothered by it. And Chanyeol doesn't seem to be worrying about that either.

Chanyeol was actually taking quite the initiative in the conversations as well. Presenting new and clever ways to approach it, angles that nobody had tried to examine from yet. Obviously, out of everyone in this group meeting around the map, Chanyeol would be the most passionate.

To him saving this place doesn't mean simply making sure an island remains in tact. This is his home. The Wonder Souls, Teachers and elders are his family. This is everything he's ever had, all he's ever known.

Without the island all of them would most likely survive and, with a lot of pain, go on with their lives... But Chanyeol doesn't have a life to go on with if there's no island.

And to Kyungsoo that only means the threat on this place has twice the urgency.

He's not planning to hug or kiss, to smile with, or cry, with any other living being in existence. Chanyeol has gotten on the pedestal and won all of Kyungsoo's firsts. Kyungsoo knows very well there won't ever be seconds if they wouldn't be taken by Chanyeol too.

He might have only spent a little over two months on this island, but similarly to what process every single one of his crew members have gone through, especially Jongdae, Kyungsoo's attachment to this place had overpowered any of the connections he has in the empire. The only person in the empire he thinks it worth saving is Taemin. From obvious reasons.

This island has slipped into their hearts and took over. 

He won't let this paradise disappear.

 

 

"Okay, as long as we don't say directly to them that we haven't come up with a concrete idea, it should be alright."

Junmyeon explained in a manner that tried sounding confident enough to reassure everyone, but the hesitation in his voice was just too loud to ignore. He sighed and turned around to knock on the large double wooden door at the top of the tower.

The sun was already in the process of sinking down in the sky, painting the calm blues in fiery oranges and yellows. Kyungsoo could see it from the tall glassless windows that climb along the whole tower.

As worried and as insecure as he felt about this meeting with the Council of Radiance when they cannot present a proper plan, he's not nearly as stressed as he would have been if he was still the captain of the crew. Or well, on the technical level at least.

His friends still treat him exactly the same as they did when he was their unit's commander even though he had already told him he has been demoted. On one hand he didn't enjoy the fact that his friends think of him as some figure of control. But on the other hand, especially after revealing that he was a Lightless, he realized none of them even cared about whether or not he had any powers to begin with.

His worth in their eyes, his importance, his value hasn't changed. Not by being Lightless, and not by becoming... Officially not their captain.

The relief he feels from not having to stand at the front, not having to give the final word in every sentence, even though he still does because that's the only way his friends will listen, not having to be an actual leader to them, was immense.

Junmyeon naturally fit that role a whole lot more. Considering he is--- Well, was, the right hand of the Commander in Chief. Which is a much higher rank than Kyungsoo has ever gotten in his military career.

It just felt right to have Junmyeon take over. He has the ambition, the skill, the heart and the brain of a leader. And although Kyungsoo often ends up still having to confirm the final verdict on a matter, it will be Junmyeon's hand he will support in his choice.

The large wooden doors rattled a little, then with a long creaking sound, two red eyed children opened both sides of it and watched Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and the crew enter the room curiously.

Just like last time, the circle of chairs at the center of the room had several elders sitting and chatting on. Same as before, not all chairs were occupied, and even with the same expressions of inquisitivity and calmnesss, they were welcomed to enter.

Unlike last time however, they haven't bothered bringing themselves any chairs from the pile of wooden seats in the back corner.

The two children who opened the door, shut it behind the group once they were all inside, and Chanyeol pet their heads with a reassuring smile. Dismissing them from their current duty so that they won't be present and hear what's about to go down.

"Welcome... Oh, What a surprise it is to see you here. Not yet on the way to the empire are you?"

The man who Kyungsoo by now realized was the head of the council, spoke with a smile, although it was heavily hidden under his white beard.

Although they all tried to remain as calm and neutral as possible, it was clear that something about their atmosphere was not quite right. Will they be able to pull this through without messing up?

"We had to change our plans because of surprising news." Junmyeon replied. Even though Kyungsoo couldn't see his face since he isn't standing at the front, he could tell Junmyeon was wearing his serious expression.

"Council, before I explain everything, please let me remind you that I am going to keep my promise to you."

He said, then exhaled. The faces of the elders sitting in the circle have shifted from their previous calmness into something more sincere. They became attentive and interested. It was physically seen that they were preparing themselves for something big to be revealed.

"In two weeks, twenty of the empire's battle ships, larger than the last, will arrive to the island in order to destroy it..."

Junmyeon began. Different gasps could be heard from the elders, their beady eyes widening in the initial shock of that statement, that quickly turned into furrowed brows and inaudible grumbles of various negative emotions.

"However," Junmyeon raised his voice a little bit, hoping that it would stop the nervous chatter that started brewing. "We will keep this island and the people of this island safe."

Yet again, he tried to exclaim that statement as confidently as possible. But it wasn't received just so well.

 

 

"How?"

One of the older ladies asked after the room fell into a dark silence.

"Yes, how do you plan to do that?" A slightly younger yet still old women asked once more, with more fear in her eyes.

Junmyeon was clearly not expecting to be asked this so directly. He gulped as the words choked at the back of his throat with hesitation.

He was the one who tried to convince the group to remain confident, but clearly, this was not the case. Maybe it's time for someone else to take over, but the whole group seemed to be just as nervous from this confrontation.

Quickly... Somebody has to answer.

The lack of reaction remains hanging in the air as the elders begin turning to one another and talk within themselves in a panicked and unsettled manner.

A complete contast from the peaceful conviction they've had up until this moment every time the group has gone to see them.

"W-Well we haven't been able to form a proper plan just yet. You must know, this situation is very dangerous and the consequences of any action could lead to another disaster so---"

Baekhyun stepped to the front, attempting to ease the pressure by giving a little more context as to why the group isn't able to provide any solution to this circumstance. How could they? They spent mere two days thinking about it since the news have arrived.

It's not nearly enough time to even decide how to approach this monsterous of a case.

"This situation is very dangerous? Another disaster?" The head of the council asked rhetorically, his tone of voice infuriated yet fearful in it's melancholy.

"We wanted to share these news with you as soon as possible, so that together, we will find a way to save---"

Junmyeon tried to remedy the boil in the atmosphere by being honest, but before he could finish speaking, one of the men sitting at the back began crying and shouting. Not curses, but rather desperate statements about the end punishment, about the world ending, about how there is no longer any hope...

It caught everyone by surprise. A few other elders walked over to him to try and shush him back down. The rest of them though... Began talking with one another just as loud.

Kyungsoo heard a lady say how she knew that it will all come down to this. Another man said how even with all the years he had lived he wouldn't want his end to be so pointless. One more said that they know there is only one thing they can do.

The room has been sent into chaotic stress. Everyone were behaving according to the edges of their nerves, speculating and shouting, crying and attempting to pray with extreme fear.

"That means... We will have to do this."

One lady said to the rest of the circle.

"That's right... We will have to sink down the island... If everyone dies together on the island in peace, we will be able to save them from the terrible truth." Another spoke.

"We cannot let them know how horrifying the world truly is... We've never exposed them to it for a reason... It's too dark, too corrupt, too violent for our gentle Wonder Souls." A man spoke with tears in his eyes.

 

 

Kyungsoo heard it all. And... What...? Are they planning to sink down the island and make everyone on it die together in a mass suicide to avoid the empire's destruction? It made Kyungsoo's skin crawl just thinking about the people he has seen on the island all crashing down under such extreme fear.

Junmyeon prepared them that the retaliation to the news might become a little extreme. But he wasn't ready for this at all.

This is too much, this is going too far. Dying together as a society is absurd, it's wild, it sounds like some fanatic idea that one can only hear while telling horror stories with friends at night.

He wanted to hope that they weren't thinking about this solution seriously, but from the way all of the elders knew exactly what 'other plan' they had ready, Kyungsoo realized that this must have been the island's final line of attempting to protect themselves before their thousand years of exile will reach their end.

And the worst of all of this, was the fact that... They were... Right. In a twisted and messed up way. They were right.

The world around them is dark, corrupt, violent and terrible. Getting the people of the island to see the terrors of it right before being killed by it is such an awful way to go. It's the awful way Kyungsoo had made some of them go when he himself got to the island.

As crazy as it sounds, dying together as a whole body of people who are united, and doing it in as peaceful of a manner as possible didn't even sound that bad at all compared to the cruel massacre the empire's battle ships will execute on their arrival.

Kyungsoo hated the fact that he could understand why such extreme wild talk could make sense.

The atmosphere in the room was, to say the least, horrible. The levels of stress caused the room to heat up despite the only Wonder Soul being Chanyeol, who stood beside Kyungsoo in a shock of terror from hearing the elders' dark plan for the people.

For a while, Junmyeon, Baekhyun, and even Jongdae, began trying to talk with the elders and explain their intentions. Explain that they want to find a way to make sure this eerie and scary suicide plan wouldn't have to come about.

But to no avail.

Just like Junmyeon predicted, the council went into a frenzy of fear and worry, and there was nothing either of them could say to change that initial blow of shattered hopes.

 

 

It was an unpleasant view. Kyungsoo couldn't really keep his eyes on all of the elders' faces. What once was a respectful, knowledgable, wise group of trust worthy and heartfelt elders, now turned into a sobbing mess of mindless fear.

As much as he didn't want to admit it to himself, seeing how bad things have gone with the elders of the council, which were supposed to be the supportive back bone of this whole society, made Kyungsoo feel incredbily discouraged.

But at the same time, maybe their fear was exactly the push they need. Maybe the fact that even in the slight chance the empire would retract the order, the island would still have this plan of ending itself, could help them find a new direction of thought to come up with a plan from.

However, while lost in the chaos and fear, suddenly some of the elders have gone silent.

The group all turned to look at what was happening, when they noticed something unexpected.

The oldest member in the council, a man whose wrinkles and bushy white eyebrows have already taken over the eyes, whose beard was long enough to reach the floor under his weak and hunched shriveled body, was mumbling something under the layers of mustache that covered his mouth.

Kyungsoo has seen that man sit there every time he came to this room, and he never saw him say a word. Just sit silently and... Exist.

The few elders who noticed quickly made their way to him, while the rest have finally gone quiet as well.

One of the younger looking white haired ladies leaned in extremely close to the man's mouth to hear what he's saying, and the whole room switched from desperation into anticipation. It looked like having this man speak was an occasion so rare nobody wanted to miss out.

While standing with their breaths held back, and the room so quiet that the wind blowing outside in the dark sky could be heard, Kyungsoo wondered just how old this man must be. Will he, as a Lightless... A Teacher, be living long enough to be the same?

"...Before war...?"

The lady whose ear is in front of the man tried to figure out his words, and repeated what he was saying for everyone else to hear as well.

"Before war... There was peace. For peace... The missing piece...?"

She didn't seem to understand what he was talking about, but out of everyone in the room, Yixing was the only one whose silence was broken. He gasped lightly and quickly approached the old man as well.

He kneeled down in front of him and carefully touched the back of his wrinkled boney hands with his own palms. As opposed to the general lack of any positive emotion in the room, Yixing's eyes looked like they were shining brightly with hope.

"You are correct. You are right, thank you. Thank you."

Yixing bowed his head to the elder, who hasn't said anything else any more, but very slowly nodded his head instead.

Everyone were too confused to understand any of what had just happened. Elders and crew members alike.

Moments later, Yixing stood back up and turned to the rest of the people standing in the room with an expression Kyungsoo recognized. The same one he had plastered on his face back when they were still on their way to the island. When he and Jongdae were at the peak of their arguing saga.

It's that uncomparable determination that cannot be denied, belittled or shoved aside.

 

 

"Before war... Before the current state of things between the cracked earth, the empire islands, and this fire island, you all remember the history, right? Before all of this has come to be, the world was whole. There were no islands. All of the people lived together on the surface of the earth."

Yixing began talking, his hands moving around and gesturing vigorously. Making the shape of a circle when he mentions eart, or stretching his fingers out when he talked about the different islands and people.

"Everyone on the surface of the earth lived together in peace. But that peace was broken, and when it was broken, not only did the people part, but the world parted too. The gem. The gem parted." He clenched his hands together to represent the shape of the unstable gem core located inside of the earth, exposed for the islands to see because of the deep open cracks.

"The gem, everyone, the gem! Ever since the separation of the fire gem from the core, the gem has been unstable. It is running low on life force and is struggling to keep any life existing... Let alone us, humans, who can only live for thirty years if we have one of the gem's powers..."

Yixing held his palm up and put his powers in display, while his eyes were glowing in gentle lime green, that same glowing colored energy started rising from his hand in the shape of a flower that's growing and blossoming.

"But before our powers were limited..." He made the flower vanish into little glowing sparkles that faded away. "Before our lives turned short, before the separation, before this war, the gem was whole. It didn't have anything missing... The fire gem wasn't a separate piece."

Kyungsoo's mind finally made the connection Yixing was trying to explain. He remembered Yixing saying exactly the same thing two months ago on their way to the island... He remembred how Yixing fought to open everyone's minds to the fact that before all of this, before the big cracking of the earth, it was whole.

Before the gems were apart, they were together. They were one. And only by being one the gems were able to maintain their life force and stay balanced.

"The fire gem is the missing piece. It's what the larger gem is missing. In order to achieve peace, we have to bring them back together!"

Yixing was breathing a little quicker after explaining all of this with such intense enthusiasm. Everyone were looking at him wide eyed, some in confusion, and some with realization.

 

 

After he had managed to figure that out, the spirits in the room calmed down. Even if only a little bit, it was enough to settle everything back in order. The elders have taken their seats back on the chairs, their attention back on the group that had entered their quarters.

With Yixing's lead, mastering both the historical knowledge to support his claim, and the responsibility he feels towards this, Junmyeon's instant understanding and conviction, and even with Jongdae's passionate help, the discussion with the elders could commence.

It was refreshing for Kyungsoo to see Jongdae put in the effort and energy, his technical knowledge and inventive ideas into action. It felt somehow like a full circle has been made.

Two months ago, Jongdae was a strong force against Yixing's peaceful intentions.

And now, Jongdae's dedication stands in par with Yixing's enthusiasm and hope for this new unknown and unexplored magical territory of building an idea to save the island.

They must be doing something right.

The debate, conversation and preparing of this new found plan with the elders took hours. None of the people present in this room at the top of the tower have left it until the sun started rising the next morning.

They spent hours upon hours discussing every single possibility of consequenced that could happen in the case they manage to reconnect the gems back into one. And although some of the cons were scarily unknown and unpredictable, out of all of the other long list of ideas the crew had previously thought of, this one had the highest chances of causing the least harm to everyone involved.

It took a long time to convince the elders of this solution, mostly because there were just so many questions that had no answers when it came to what might happen once the deed is done.

But eventually, a conclusion has been drawn, and the decision was made final.

Between the elders wanting to die together with the entire island's existence, and the possibility of bringing the world back to its peaceful state of harmony and equality from before anything bad had ever happened a thousand years ago, doing something is better than doing nothing, right?

It was clear that the elders weren't fully trusting in the crew when the group finally exit the council room through the large double doors and began making their way down the stairs of the tower.

But now that they have gotten approval for their goal, the crew will have to find a way to make that goal come true. Which might take just as much time planning as their struggle to have any goal at all, had taken.

Now at least they're on the right track. Or well, it might not be right, but it definitely is a solid track that they could work on and make into a reality.

 

 

When parting ways with one another at the bottom floor of the bedding house, they all still knew that there was one thing they had to do for sure. No matter their plan, they will have to tell the people of the island the truth.

There is no escaping it now. Whether they need the people to get involved with the plan itself is not yet certain, but they won't be able to hide this from them any longer. It would be immoral to prevent the people from preparing, however they see right, for a possibility of their own lives ending. 

This island is so small, and the people are so united, if they do it right, the crew could ensure they won't turn their fear into aggression or isolation, but rather into a practicality.

That morning, as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo settled in their bed in room sixty one, snuggled and entangled with each other's limbs and bodies, Kyungsoo felt just a little bit of hope creeping into the back of his head.

There is still a chance. Things could still work out. The island might not have to be destroyed after all.

"What are you thinking about?"

Chanyeol asked him gently. Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol's deep voice vibrate down through his chest against his own cheek.

"I want Yixing to be correct..." Kyungsoo mumbled back, lips brushing over Chanyeol's bare skin.

"I do too."

Chanyeol hummed in return. 

And then it was time for them to recharge their brain into yet another day of hard mind work. Except now, they will work towards a goal. Which makes it more challenging, but also a whole lot better.

 

 

-----

 

 

Waking up with Chanyeol's limbs wrapped all around his body was nothing short of blissful. Chanyeol is like one large, warm and comfortable blanket. His breathing pattern is slow and calming, his beautiful sleeping face is remarkably adorable... Kyungsoo could see himself getting used to waking up to this.

He almost felt bad that he had to wake him up and shake him out of the peace of sleeping so well. But they've got work to do, and their time is limited, so he will have to get over himself.

After spending the previous night awake and only heading to bed in the morning, none of the crew members who made it to the ship that same afternoon slept enough to feel recharged. But it doesn't matter how they feel at the moment.

They've gotten the approval of the council's elders to find a way to make the gems... Well, reunite.

Yixing, despite having possibly the most noticable dark circles under his eyes out of the group, was just as alert, aware and awake as everyone else. Being the one who managed to understand what the eldest man in the council was talking about, he must have known this project will heavily depend on him and his knowledge.

He didn't disappoint.

According to his theory, based on the many historical records of the pre-cracking past of the earth, to make the gems reunite like they want, wouldn't take more than simply making them touch.

Just getting that to happen is supposed to instantly cause them to reconnect and blend into one another. He struggled a little bit with explaining the concept of the energy tranfer that would most likely happen, but Jongdae stepped up to explain that similar concept with two bodies of electrical energy.

Which wasn't any easier to understand, but at least it made some sense to the group when they had an example to think of.

The only question left now, is how would they make the fire gem touch any other gem?

Minseok mentioned how a part of the council elders' plan was to somehow sink the fire island and crash it down to the earth before the empire arrives to attack them. Maybe if they manage to make some sort of contraption to control the fall's direction they could insert the fire island right into its open cracked spot on the surface of the earth, and the gem would slide down deep enough to reconnect with the large gem at the core of the earth.

Everyone were more than impressed with Minseok's idea, and they began talking about the possibilities. 

However, quickly after bringing that plan up for discussion, they found out there are just too many flaws that would put the island in far too great danger compared to the chance of success.

Besides, it's been a thousand years since this island got disconnected from earth. The surface of the earth, being built on top of such an unstable gem core, more than likely shifted, moved and changed over the years.

How will they find the exact crack to which the fire island belongs? How would they know whether or not the fire island's surface is the correct height to fit into one of the cracks to ensure the gem at the bottom would really touch the earth's core?

Too many unknown factors caused the plan to get scrapped.

Chanyeol was the second one to have a eureka moment, when he turned to everyone and began sharing what he had in mind.

Maybe they wouldn't need to make the entire fire gem get in physical contact with the other gem. Maybe if they manage to get a piece of the gem and bring it to any other gem source, it'd be enough to create the connection.

Everyone were surprised from how simple yet incredibly logical this plan seems to be. It would make their lives a whole lot easier if they snatch a small piece of red fire gem, then fly either to the core of the earth or to the bottom of one of the empire islands and make the gems touch.

Yixing was ecstatic from that idea, and immediately declared that this plan was their absolute best solution.

Kyungsoo felt a warmth of pride well up in his chest when he saw the switch from confusion into determination happening in everyone's eyes when details were settled.

The first thing they're going to need for that plan, would be a piece of the red gem. However, Chanyeol had to remind the group that if any Wonder Soul, or Carrier, would touch the gem with their bare hands, they would die instantly.

So the job of acquiring the gem piece had to fall on Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

 

That very same evening, right before the sun started setting, Chanyeol took the pair to the shack of tools located not far from the tower. Where they grabbed whatever equipment they thought would be useful, such as a pickaxe, a knife, and many other blunt force related work tools all made out of stone.

Then, down into the long and dark spiral staircase under the mountain they went. The heavy items in their hands clinking and raising the suspicion of the single elder Teacher who occupied the library they had to cross.

When down in the red gem chamber, the couple Kyungsoo and Chanyeol saw before were no longer there. Which made things easier for the two Lightless.

Starting with the obvious larger tools, they began trying to pry a small sharp crystal piece off from the edge of the gem. Although they both have no gem powers, they were still cautious about making sure not to touch the gem directly. Just in case.

They've gone through their entire array of tools, but failed making a crack. Not even a scratch appeared on the gem's surface no matter how hard they tried damaging it for a piece to fall off. It took hours for them to come to the conclusion that no matter how hard anyone would try, that gem is not going to break apart.

They brought the tools back to the shack, then had to return to the ship empty handed when the stars started filling the dark sky in little white dots of light.

As disappointed and saddened as they were to inform the rest of the group about their inability to achieve the only item they need to complete that plan, the reaction they received wasn't so bad.

It seemed that rather than frustration or desperation, everyone just accepted that new fact into the matter, and immediately moved on to thinking of a new plan that wouldn't require taking apart any pieces of gems.

Kyungsoo was more than grateful when he discovered three large bowls of food waiting for Baekhyun, Chanyeol and himself on one of the ship's shelves.

Even though they were gone, the rest of the group thought about them and made sure to bring them dinner from the dining room regardless of whether or not they were successful in their task. It made the food ten times more delicious than Kyungsoo would think a cold meal could be.

They didn't spend too much longer in the ship after that. 

On one hand, going to sleep felt like a waste of time in their already limited schedule, but on the other hand there was no way any of them could function well enough to prepare a proper plan without being well rested.

So at some point in the night in which Jongin and Minseok started showing signs of nodding off into sleep, the group came to the conclusion they will have to tackle this again in the next morning instead.

Everyone had parted ways and scattered to their own rooms in the bedding house, but Yixing remained standing with Kyungsoo for a little while longer. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were chatting aside calmly, when Yixing smiled in Kyungsoo's direction.

"Thank you for trying with the gem today... I've been down there before. Must have been very unpleasant."

He said calmly, and very gently grabbed a hold of Kyungsoo's hands with his own. He looked down at Kyungsoo's hands for a little bit with his eyes emitting a soft lime glow. Kyungsoo saw little trails of the same lime color slowly climbing over his fingers and covering his palms.

Moments later, the glow turned into little sparkles, and faded away into nothingness. Kyungsoo's hands no longer ached from the effort he had to spend on the failed attempts to chipping a piece off the gem.

"We will find a way." Yixing winked at him and freed his hands before turning. He grabbed Baekhyun by wrapping an arm around the side of his waist, and pulled him up towards the room that was assigned for them to sleep in.

"Thank you, Yixing. Good night."

Kyungsoo called after him, and received a wave from both Yixing and Baekhyun before they disappeared above the stairs.

Yixing truly is the embodiment of his gem power. A Life Carrier who genuinely, and seriously treasures life more than anything else.

Kyungsoo couldn't have asked for a better Keeper to bring with him to this island. He couldn't have asked for a better friend.

 

 

"I am sorry that my idea turned into a failure."

Chanyeol spoke quietly when the two of them lied together in bed. Kyungsoo could hear the amount of sadness in his voice. But this really wasn't Chanyeol's fault.

Chances are, nobody in the history of the island's existence ever tried to chip a piece of it off. How could he have known that the gem's made of a material stronger than a human hand could break?

"The idea itself was incredible. It's not your fault that the gem cannot be broken or chipped at." Kyungsoo hummed back, lips brushing against Chanyeol's bare chest in their usual cocooned position of a tangled cuddle.

He continued comforting Chanyeol by planting several more kisses all over his warm chest, and felt how his precious Wonder Soul started calming back down.

"Yixing knows a lot, but he doesn't know the island as well as you do. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do something great. It's okay."

He added quietly after, pressing himself closer and tighter into Chanyeol's hold, and hearing a heavy sigh being exhaled above his head. Moments later, Chanyeol's large hand started the back of his head.

"Thank you." So deep and soothing was Chanyeol's whisper... Combining that with the repetetive pleasant of his head, and Kyungsoo fell asleep within seconds.

He dreamt of having to push a whole mountain aside for the sake of helping a family of jungle tigers he had only ever gotten a glimpse of between the thick bushes on the empire islands, get back to their lair safely.

It was hard, tiring, and very difficult even in the dream, but he would have done it all over again for these beautiful majestic creatures.

He would push a whole mountain to save those beinga, who look like they're made out of charcoal and flames.

 

 

The next morning in the group's meetup on the ship around the map, with twelve days left until the destructive invasion of the empire's battle fleet, they decided to bring things up a notch.

They've established a proper and possible goal at the top of their plan's tasks and stages.

The goal of the plan, now that they are left with no other options, was the make the gems touch one another. But no, not the core gem at the center of earth. Rather the same gem-made crystals that are located at the bottom of each of the empire's islands.

Just like in the fire island, the gems of the empire islands are stuck into the island in the same position. Central bottom. The crystal is hinged tight into the matter of the island itself, yet is also sticking out from the bottom like a glowing shard of energy that keeps the island afloat.

After confirming that this would be the final achievement of their plan, they could work their way down from there and think of how to make it happen.

The talks at this stage lasted for hours.

Most of those hours were filled with Jongdae asking Chanyeol many questions about the island itself, and even more questons about the different uses of the fire power that the Wonder Souls wield from birth.

Nobody quite knew what Jongdae was thinking about by asking this many questions and receiving so many details that seemed very technical and almost useless.

But somehow, they managed to come up with a plan that is so absurd it might as well just work. Nobody's tried anything like it before.

Jongdae, like the champion excellent mechanic man that he is, came to a conclusion, and suggested that the fire power of the island's Wonder Souls could be used to create a special mechanism.

He described it to be similar to an engine, but it would work thanks to the heat of the fire that they are able to produce. To solidify his explanation, he drew an example from a bit of a darker spot. The funeral. Where the coffins were able to float in the air away from the island instead of plummeting down to the surface of the earth right away.

That float could only happen because of the hot fiery air that pushed the cloth tied to the top of the coffin upwards. That heat force caused by the burning coffin was strong enough to counter the coffin's weight.

However, in their case, he explained, they wouldn't even need to counter any weight at all. They just need to provide a really strong consistant push, and find a way to build a structure that'd allow them to navigate that push into certain directions.

Yes, it sounded insane, like an idea of a wild genius scientist, but the further Jongdae explained his idea, the more it started making sense.

Going off with that premise, they have gone over all of the materials that exist on the island. The only thing he could think of to build a mechanism that could use the fire for a push, was wood. But the only wood on the island is the small jungle located behind the waterfall's mountain.

Although that jungle is small enough that one could see the sky peeking from behind the tree trunks on the other side of it, it was fairly thick. They are going to need a whole lot of wood, and chopping down the entire forest in the span of twelve days, while also processing the wood to make it fit, and installing it into the mechanism, sounds impossible.

But thanks to Sehun's off hand comment about making the navigation system similar to the ship's, Jongdae's yellow eyes sparked when he found the best loophole to make the plan doable after all.

A costy loophole at that.

 

 

They could simply pull their ship apart and use its metalic pieces, boards, wired, pipes, and everything else for the plan. With the size of the ship and the amount of metalic matter on it, they'd have exactly enough to create what Jongdae was thinking of.

The only down side with this idea, was the fact that by taking the ship apart, nobody on the island will have any option to escape it when the time comes.

Deciding to remove the ship from the equasion of a last minute escape route means that they have to be confident in their plan. They had to be secured and convinced that no matter what happens, they will remain on this island for good. Or bad.

By agreeing to render the ship useless, they all have to come to terms with themselves that they won't be able to run away. Not anymore.

A heavy serious atmosphere took over the ship after they all realized what that means. Of course, all of them were more than ambitious and determined to find a plan. But by committing to this plan, they won't have a plan B. If things go down, if the plan fails, if something goes wrong, all of them are doomed without a back door to leave through.

It took several long minutes of silence for everyone present to settle their hearts on the right track. Everyone but Jongin. Who showed signs of hesitation and frustration from how everyone so easily submitted to this suggestion.

But nobody could blame him for this. Especially since the person who matters the most to Jongin is nowhere around. Taemin, the love of his life, is located far away in the castle of the empire's main island.

On jongin's end, following this plan means he won't be able to spend possibly the last days, last moments of his life with his loved one. And it must hurt so much for him to have to struggle this much between the ache of his heart missing it's other faraway half, and the morals in his brain pushing him towards completing the duty of a man who seeks peace.

If the ship is taken apart, Jongin possibly won't be able to see Taemin ever again. He won't be able to say goodbye in person.

Kyungsoo knew nothing could make up for that sort of pain, but he knew that the second best option he has would be to communicate one last time with Taemin via the Talkie that's still standing in tact at the back of the ship.

It's nothing near the standards of getting to see one's love in person, but this is the only other way they could exchange anything between them at all.

While the rest of the group began the preperations to write down every single detail needed for the plan, which includes measurements of the ship, measurements of the island, the emount of materials of each kind, height, weight, and depth of different island sections, the emount of energy it takes for Wonder Souls to produce certain amounts of fire with their powers, and many more...

Kyungsoo pulled Jongin aside, and offered him the chance to reconnect with Taemin one last time.

With deep sadness in his eyes, Jongin agreed, and with gentle guidance, Kyungsoo helped him open the communication channel that'd lead him directly to Taemin. He didn't want to bother him by being present and hearing his end of the conversation the entire time, so he requested of Jongin to send Taemin his gratitude.

Kyungsoo wanted to thank Taemin for not only being a friend, but for trusting Kyungsoo enough to keep him safe. For knowing that he is Lightless and still loving him enough to not destroy him because of it.

Jongin promised Kyungsoo he'd send that message forward, and when he heard the clicking sound of the channels getting connected through the machine, Kyungsoo quickly handed Jongin the wired devices and left the nook. Giving him the respectful and well deserved privacy.

The conversation lasted quite a long while. The rest of the group members have already managed to finish calculating the different amounts of different materials they would need to create Jongdae's crazy invention.

When Jongin returned, red nosed and puffy eyed from shedding tears during his last exchange with Taemin, he looked confident. In fact, more confident than ever that they are doing the right thing. He also added that even though, sadly, the Commander in Chief is gone, Taemin will continue having their backs within the empire no matter what happens.

 

 

And so, their plan has come to be; Turning the entire fire island into an aircraft, and bringing the gem right to the empire.

However, they knew that the nine of them will never be able to do it on their own. Even if they were to use all of their powers to try and build such a thing, they won't make it in time. So in order for this plan to become a reality, they're going to need the people's help.

 

 

That very same afternoon, the group left the ship and scattered around the island. Each one of them gathered the locals from all around the island to the center of the village. Every person they could find was brought to the patio.

Kyungsoo felt a strange deja vu at the sight of all of the island's people crowding the location. It was so similar to his first day on the island. Where he ordered his troops to keep an eye out on the mass. But it also reminded him of how lively and happy everyone were at the evening of the Fire Dragon Passing ceremony.

He's made many different types of memories on this island in the short amount of time he's been there... And those were the most meaningful moments in his life. He can't even imagine what it's like to fear for this island's safety as one of the island's natives.

At least this time gathering everyone was for a... Well, not quite a better reason, but at least they aren't being quarentined by weapon wielding soldiers.

This is for their sake.

Quite a loud chatter has risen from the people standing at the center of the village confused and curious about what is the deal all about. But at the moment the hightened sandstone platform got climbed on, everybody's attention turned immediately.

Junmyeon, Yixing, Jongdae and Chanyeol all climb on the platform and stand in front of the people in a line. Kyungsoo saw from the side of the stage-like situation how all four of them are exchanging nervous looks as the people are starting to quiet down.

The silence took a while to set, and when it did, the atmosphere shifted into a slightly more sincere sort of interest. The people at the front of the crowd could tell something was up. This isn't just a random street performance.

As the undeniably most responsible, and most familiar to the island outsider, Junmyeon began talking first.

Each one of the four had a different subject to tackle and explain to the people in order. And Junmyeon's, was the terrible dark announcement of the situation at hand. With a heavy heart, he had to tell everyone, adults and children alike, about the twenty battle ships fleet that will be coming to destroy the island in a little over a week.

The reactions were, as expected, not good. Some of the people called it a bluff and refused to believe it, others started showing signs of panic, and some looked like their lives have already ended that instant.

A buzz of murmurs, tears, and a few unhappy shouts shot at Junmyeon from the crowd. He couldn't do anything but stand there and take it. Because there is no easy way to announce to a whole society that there is a chance they will be gone so shortly. That they will vanish from existence in a horrible and violent manner.

After Junmyeon was done and the crowd quieted once more, Yixing stepped up and began telling the people the historical tale every single empire member has heard a hundred times.

He started by apologizing in advance for what he was about to say, then apologized once more when explaining how the Council of Radiance have been holding this information back from the people for the sake of keeping them safe.

However, at this point, in order to keep them safe from the possible upcoming fate, they need to know the truth. The whole truth. And Yixing was going to tell them exactly that.

The peace and harmony of the gems and the earth, the creation of humans, the separation of powers, the ancient fire attack. Then the punishment, the separation of the gems, the crackage of the earth, and the creation of the islands.

Then the preservation of that history on the empire islands, causing the irrational fear that resulted in the terrible deaths Yixing's very own crew have caused by coming to this island. He explained why they couldn't have known any better at the time.

Yixing has something special. He's just so unique. Even the way he spoke to the people felt so personal and heartful. Unlike the various expected negative reactions to Junmyeon's announcement, Yixing managed to render the audience speechless.

He even managed to flawlessly explain why bringing the gems together might possibly be the solution to solving the issue and avoiding the massacre that will be carried by the empire's fleet.

It looked like everyone were simply fascinated by his words. The way he told the tale, the simple and easy understandable way he managed to define terms that never existed in the fire island's vocabulary, his soft and careful voice...

Although unhappy with the history lesson's content itself, the crowd remained silent by the time he was done.

All of these heavy facts are a lot to soak in through a single explanation. Even if Yixing did a marvelous job at making sure every detail was covered as clearly as possible.

The atmosphere was heavy, yet accepting. They don't have a choice but to adjust to the new settings. The new layer of history that they now know, a history that predates any of the history they've been taught on the island.

After Yixing was done, Jongdae walked forward, carrying the large map that shows the location of both the fire island, and the many empire islands' batch, along with coordinates and other details.

He showed that map on the platform by spreading it with his arms, then began explaining what it means in terms of their available time period. After explaining the path the empire will be taking to reach the island, his sincere facade disappeared.

Jongdae pulled out a very amateur looking sketched image of what looks like the island itself, but to it, were a few different things attached in different locations. His expression turned enthusiastic as he began explaining the idea of turning the entire island into a flying aircraft.

The people were more than confused as for the reason such a contraption would be needed, if they are all going to die from the attack anyway, but Jongdae, following Yixing's careful explanation, sounded convincing when he explained the reunion of the gems was the goal of this whole operation. And that bringing their fire gem directly into contact with any other gem would make them reconnect.

None of them understood the reference of the electrical circuit he tried to give as an example, since, well, none of them have ever seen an electrical device in action other than the fearful engine of Kyungsoo's ship.

Hearing Jongdae descibe that idea to a crowd of people made it sound even more wild than Kyungsoo remembered it to be. But at this point they've already made up their mind. With or without the help of those who consider this island to be their home, they will do their best to make it happen.

Jongdae left the crowd quite confused, but fairly faithful and curious about how turning the island into something that floats through the sky would be like, and after he stepped back, Chanyeol made it to the front of the stage wearing a confident smile.

In the gentle and calming talking manner that all of the island people are familiar with, Chanyeol did what Kyungsoo would describe as a 'pep talk'. He himself had to give a few of those during his time as a soldier of the empire.

Except unlike Kyungsoo's strict, sharp and cold structure of speaking those into existence, Chanyeol was being careful and soft.

He explained how by participating in this they will receive a chance to do something amazing. They will be a part of something that will be remembered in history even a thousand years later. They will be changing the world and saving their homes, their families, their people at the same time.

Despite not even being a native islander, Kyungsoo was getting immersed in Chanyeol's speech. He could truly feel that sensation of tingling hope building up inside him. And it was exactly what he hoped the rest of the people felt as well.

After the atmosphere was dropped, Chanyeol's words seemed to have lifted it up. Even if just a little, it was enough to turn the frustration and fear into something that could become practical.

By embarking on this mission, not only will they help save everything they've known, but this activity will help them grow and prepare to face everything that's out there. Everything they never knew existed beyond the layer of gentle white clouds surrounding the island from a distance.

Once Chanyeol was done, he announced that while they are still there, they will be answering any question that any member of the crowd might ask. And immediately a bunch of arms have been raised.

Different questions regarding different subjects of the announcement were then answered by the right person for the task. Questions about the empire's motives were answered by Junmyeon. Questions about further historical details were answered by Yixing. Questions about any of the technicalities regarding the operation of turning the island into an aircraft were taken by Jongdae, and finally, questions about the rest of the activities on the island were answered by Chanyeol.

 

 

The questioning session lasted twice as long as the announcement itself, and by the time no more arms were up in the air the sun was already hiding under the edge of the island and the sky was turning dark.

But as long as it took, Kyungsoo realized it was entirely worth it. As opposed to leaving the center of the village in confusion and fear, the people of the island seemed to be feeling quite excited about the whole ordeal. Something in the way the four group members on the platform handled this whole scene went very right.

The islanders began scattering back to their activities, which mostly included heading towards the dining room in order to help speed up the cooking process that couldn't have taken place during the announcement since the kitchen workers were present at that as well.

Kyungsoo could hear bits of conversations they were having when passing near his spot beside the sandstone platform.

Some of them talked about being upset at the council elders for hiding the truth, some were saying how scared they are. Others spoke about wanting to become a part of the operation because it could help them improve the village.

Overall, the reactions were within the group's expectations.

When Jongdae got off the platform, a bunch of children rushed towards him with excitement, and began begging him to show them his sketches and maps, talking about how they want to build cool flying objects themselves when they grow up.

And Kyungsoo felt his heart swell at the sight. He might be a little repetetive with this, but every time he saw Jongdae opening himself up towards the island and its people, he felt such a strong sense of pride build in him. He knew Jongdae was feeling the same way, too.

If to judge by the way he smiled and in a very mature and friendly tone explained even more details about his plans to the clueless children that kept shouting in excitement with each new mention of an unknown material or tool.

 

 

He spotted Chanyeol then, standing and chatting with the two hunters Kyungsoo has had the pleasure meeting, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. The shorter of the two looked excited, while Sooyoung seemed to be pouting while talking for some reason.

Carefully, he decided to approach the trio.

"...mean you cannot join us for a hunting trip? Shouldn't it be even more of a priority now that we don't know how many more times we'll be able to eat any meat?"

He heard Sooyoung complaining as she raised and crossed her arms. Hyoyeon beside her was laughing in amusement before noticing Kyungsoo and winking at him.

"I--- I don't know if I'll be able to. There is a lot to do... And besides, you two are good enough on your own. Should I remind you of the many times I made the Cackletooths run away...?" Chanyeol responded with an apologetic smile that turned into a tease.

"Yeah! He's right! The two of us are good enough. What's stopping us for going to hunt on our own? We could get meat for everyone ourselves, easy!"

Hyoyeon chimed in with a confident grin beside Sooyoung, and now that the power balance turned against her, Sooyoung sighed in defeat and loosened her crossed arms from her chest. She turned towards Kyungsoo and quickly yanked him beside her by the arm.

"Tell them!" She whined.

But Kyungsoo saw the cheerful smiles on the faces of the pair, and turned to look at Sooyoung instead.

"I think Hyoyeon and you are amazing at what you do. Chanyeol and I didn't do anything during the hunt. If anything, I was afraid he would make too much noise and scare the prey away."

He said as if it was the most natural response, and immediately felt her arm shake off from his when she pouted displeased with the answer. Hyoyeon burst into laughter, and Chanyeol's tired eyes glistened happily when Kyungsoo made eye contact with him.

"No offense taken." Chanyeol teased Kyungsoo's diss at him, then stepped in to stand beside Kyungsoo while raising his hand and the back of Kyungsoo's head.

"Fine, alright, okay, you win."

Sooyoung admitted defeat, then turned her frown into a small confident smile.

"You guys better save me a cool job to do when work begins." She said, then started to turn to head back, but flipped two fingers in their direction, as if to signal for them that she will be watching them. "I see everything, you gross loving flower boys."

Kyungsoo wasn't quite sure what she meant with that statement, but Chanyeol didn't wait to stick his tongue out in her direction, before leaning down and pecking Kyungsoo's top of the head.

Sooyoung glanced back and pretended to be angry again, but her pout turned into a smile when Chanyeol grinned with pride.

"Flower boys...?"

Kyungsoo questioningly turned to look up at his beloved big eared Wonder Soul, whose smile turned gentle and warm. Maybe even a little shy.

"Yes... Uh. Remember the flower crown I made for you when we went hunting?" His eyes kept averting away from Kyungsoo's initiated eye contact.

He just nodded in return.

"W-...When you give someone a flower crown you've made uh... That means basically that... You know, that you have certain feelings for them and--- You want them to know..."

Slowly Chanyeol's speech was turned into a mumbly shy disaster. Even with the sky already dark and the only light source being the little flames that spawned at the upper corners of the village's structures, Kyungsoo could see the pink hue on Chanyeol's cheeks.

So... Chanyeol giving him the flower crown was in fact a confession of his feelings towards him? And Kyungsoo didn't even know that at all?

Thinking back on that day, it kind of makes sense why everyone were complimenting him so much on that crown. Wearing a flower crown means he is loved.

"I wore it the entire day... What did it mean?" He asked Chanyeol carefully, feeling his own stomach fill with some fiery butterflies. Kyungsoo didn't even know why he's starting to feel shy about it as well.

Wearing a flower crown is nothing compared to the things the two of them have already done together.

"It meant that you... Accepted those feelings, and felt the same way..."

Chanyeol mumbled, now rubbing the back of his head and looking down at his own feet.

Honestly, Kyungsoo felt a little cheated, since he had no idea accepting and wearing the crown would have such a massive significance. He didn't know that by keeping it on his head the entire day, everyone else could see that he was... Supposedly, taken.

But at this point, he wasn't upset at all. Not even a little bit. Because he knows damn well that by the time Chanyeol had given him the flower crown, he was already fantasizing about Chanyeol. Already deep in the mud of love that filled his entire mind and heart with emotions towards that man.

If anything, he started feeling a little bad for taking off the crown that night and never putting it on again. By now it had already wilted and had to be thrown away, but if he knew just how important it is before, he wouldn't have discarded of it this easily.

Maybe he shouldn't tell all this to Chanyeol. It'd make Chanyeol feel upset at himself if he knew that he unintentionally tricked Kyungsoo into accepting his feelings. Even if Kyungsoo would have still reciprocated those same feelings anyway.

Kyungsoo will simply have to find a way to express those feelings clearly enough in return.

But for now, all he could do was grab a hold of Chanyeol's hand and gently kiss the back of it before pulling him towards the rest of the group who were already standing together to discuss the next stage of their operation.

 

 

This announcement to the people was declared as nothing less than a success. The reactions were mixed, but all of them seemed to have understood the situation they are at. The circumstance that has fallen upon them, and that by cooperating with the plan, they could change their fate for the better.

While the island's people will be heading to bed tonight, the group will have to continue working hard on the small intricate details of the plan. And most of that work will be falling on top of Jondae's shoulders. 

No matter what tasks each of them receives to take care of later, when the plan is in tact, Jongdae would still be the one held responsibile for the creation, supervision, and function of whatever blueprints he will be able to bring into existence.

That very same night once the communal dinner was done, Yixing, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Sehun have gathered a meeting with a few of the island's top knowledgable people who excell in geography, aerodynamics, and genetal technology and functionality of various tools, items and structures on the island.

While the techno minds were at work, thinking and planning, discussing and debating different uses for different materials, Yixing provided nothing more than a quick and skillful writing hand to put everything planned onto the paper in an orderly manner that could be used as the final draft for the crazy invention.

The very first to ever exist Flying Island. A mobile aircraft built out of the surface of the island itself, was to be created.

And they will have ten days to complete the renovasion and take flight before it'll be too late to execute.