She’s gonna get SHOT… THRU THE HEART

Baggage

​​​​​​                Nayeon woke up Thursday morning, her entire body sore, “Oh my god did I black out and actually wrestle that Daniel kid yesterday? Why do I feel like this?” Nayeon joked.

 

                “I told you I’d make it worth your while,” Jeongyeon called teasingly from her desk where she was meticulously studying as usual.

 

                Nayeon chuckled, “Oh my God babe you really didn’t joke around,” she said standing up to stretch her aching limbs in the mirror and noticing all the marks Jeongyeon had left on her, “I love it when you make me yours,” she said turning to peck Jeongyeon on the cheek.

 

                “On the rare occasions that you actually let me top I have to make it memorable,” Jeongyeon shrugged as she arched into Nayeon’s touch this time.

 

                Nayeon chuckled into Jeongyeon’s neck, “You hungry?”

 

                “Always,” Jeongyeon grinned up at her, “I’m thinking the café on campus today?”

 

                “I’ll text Ji and see if they want to come?” Nayeon asked as she pulled out her phone.

 

                “Already did, they’re gonna meet us there at nine,” Jeongyeon replied.

 

                Nayeon stared at her girlfriend in wonder at how she could be so perfect, “I love you,”

 

                “I know,” Jeongyeon smiled warmly at her, “Now hurry up and get dressed, you overslept and now we’re going to be late,”

 

                Nayeon looked at the clock 8:51 yeah, they would probably be a little late.

 

                ~

 

                “So, the cat’s finally out of the bag?” Jennie asked over her bowl of cereal.

 

                Jihyo smiled, “Yeah… yeah it is, thanks for your advice,”

 

                Rosé looked at Jennie in confusion, and Jennie mouthed ‘I’ll tell you later.’

 

                “Dan, you want anything before we leave?” Jihyo called.

 

                He walked out of her room in just a towel, hair still wet and abs glistening, “What are you offering?” he asked excitedly.

 

                “Ew, nothing, go back inside!” Jennie groaned, tossing her empty cereal box at him.

 

                Rosé squealed at the sight and clamped her eyes shut.

 

                He caught it easily, “Hey, I thought you were bi?” He asked, mock offended.

 

                “Yeah, bi as in bye, see ya later!” she exclaimed.

 

                “Oh my God go put some clothes on Daniel! We have to leave in like five minutes,” Jihyo exclaimed attempting to push him back in.

 

                “But that’s five more minutes I could be spending with your adorable loving roommate,” he teased, making grabby hands at Jennie.

 

                “Don’t you dare touch me Daniel I swear to God,” She jumped up, grabbing her bowl and relocating to Rosé’s other side.

 

                He rolled his eyes playfully, “Fine I’ll go put on clothes now,”

 

                “Thank you!”

 

                “Oh, one quick question,” He asked turning around abruptly and Jihyo bounced into him, “Should I wear my singlet? You think Nayeon will try to wrestle me again today?”

 

                Jihyo groaned, “Just go!”

 

                ~

 

                “Sana what the hell!” Momo shouted scraping Sana’s arms off of her as she jolted out of the bed, “You didn’t tell me you texted Chaeyoung!”

 

                Sana yawned and lazily stretched her arms as she blinked her eyes open and looked at a fuming Momo pacing back and forth around her bed, “What? You like her don’t you?”

 

                “No—I don’t know, it’s complicated Sana. I told you not to meddle!” she said throwing her phone on the bed in frustration.

 

                “It’s not that hard Momo, either you like her and want to kiss her face, or you don’t, and you should have already told her to off, so you don’t lead the poor girl on,”

 

                “I—ugh—I do, but I shouldn’t… I really shouldn’t,” Her eyes went out of focus and Sana raised an eyebrow at her, “So that’s why I’m trying to distance myself! I just can’t control myself when I’m around her… it’s like I don’t own my tongue!”

 

                Sana sat quietly for a moment before her eyes widened in realization, “Is Chaeyoung your plug?”

 

                “My what?” Momo asked incredulously, “Don’t be disgusting Sana I don’t—”

 

                “Yesterday she said she would get you ‘your stuff’, and the other day you told me you had a crush on your drug dealer… so is she the drug dealer?” She trailed off.

 

                Momo opened and closed , how did Sana figure that out so quickly.

 

                “What? Is it so weird that I pay attention to my best friend occasionally?” Sana asked defensively.

 

                “N—no I’m just impressed you put it together so easily like that,” Momo mumbled.

 

                “I think I’ve been around the block enough times to know how to put two and two together. So how long have you been sleeping with her? I knew something was fishy when you came back from her place smelling like ,” Sana asked evenly as she picked up Momo’s phone and opened her texts back up to appraise the damage she’d apparently caused.

 

                “Oh my God please don’t use fishy and in the same sentence… especially when you’re talking about my life—which is non-existent mind you!” Momo exclaimed.

 

                “Well it wouldn’t be if you replied to Chaeyoung last night. She was about to come over that easily,” Sana shrugged tossing the phone back down.

 

                “I didn’t even see it until just now. And it’s not like that Sana… she probably just wanted to come and get her money or whatever,” Momo muttered.

 

                “Motang I love you, but you are so dumb sometimes,” Sana groaned as she got out of bed and skipped to the kitchen to make her coffee.

 

                “Yah! I’m not—what’s that even supposed to mean?” Momo cried, storming out after her.

 

                ~

 

                “Chaeng why did you text me saying you have vegetables on your arm? Don’t tell me you’re going vegan on me?” Dahyun cried out, clutching her heart.

 

                Chaeyoung chuckled and patted the seat next to her in the library for Dahyun to join her. The two best friends had reunited instantly as if no time had passed at all and their lives seamlessly blended back together, “How ok are you with tattoos?” she asked.

 

                “Hot,” Mina quipped as she slid in next to Dahyun who shot her a concerned look.

 

                Chaeyoung looked up excitedly at the new addition, “Meow-y Mina!”

 

                “Cat Café Chaeyoung,” Mina replied evenly, returning Chaeyoung’s cheeky smile.

 

                “Hey shh don’t say my street name too loud,” Chaeyoung joked before turning her attention back to Dahyun.

 

                “Uhh, well I know you have one on your wrist,” She shrugged, “I don’t think I could ever get one myself, but I’m working on not judging those who do,”

 

                “Ugh you totally hate them. Fine I’ll just show Mina then. This is actually kinda hilarious,” Chaeyoung said as she leaned forward and laid her hand across the table to roll up her sleeve, “So this one Hyolyn did and it’s a line of carrots because she was eating some nasty rotten carrots and she said I was rotten so I get what I am… anyway,” she retracted her arm and pulled down the collar of her shirt to reveal two tomatoes close to her armpit on her shoulder, “G Dragon did these and I said ‘bro why they all gotta be vegetables’ and he replied, ‘technically a tomato is a fruit’ so he got me there…”

 

                Mina was politely observing with wide eyes until Dahyun’s curiosity got the better of her, “Ok fine I kinda want to see,” she said standing from her seat and leaning closer to get a better view, “Oh… that’s actually kind of cute,”

 

                Chaeyoung let go of her collar was about to respond that ‘cute’ usually wasn’t G Dragon’s style, but she noticed Dahyun hadn’t been looking at her arm, she was looking at her neck, “What’s that?” she asked reaching up to press a stray corner of cling film back behind her ear.

 

                “Well, that’s a different story… I asked Jay to do a heart with an arrow through it because I—”

 

                “Mita—” Momo didn’t even finish her sentence. It was like the world was moving in slow motion as Chaeyoung tucked a lock of hair behind her ear to fully reveal the tattoo and simultaneously turned in Momo’s direction causing her to panic.

 

                “Oh, hey Momo, what are you…” Chaeyoung started to say, but she trailed off as Momo instantly ran in the opposite direction.

 

                “No running in the library!” they heard someone shout seconds later.

 

                ~

 

                “Mimosas? Anyone?” Nayeon suggested eagerly.

 

                “Nayeon, it’s literally a school day,” Jeongyeon answered, rolling her eyes.

 

                “So? You’ve never gone to class buzzed before?” Nayeon snorted.

 

                “Don’t lie to us Yoo Jeongyeon, I know you had a wild streak Sophomore year. I remember you showing up to practice on several occasions, hungover and reeking of beer,” Jihyo pointed out.

 

                “Yah! That was sophomore year!” Jeongyeon complained, questioning why she wanted Nayeon and Jihyo to make up if they were just going to double team her.

 

                “Excuse me, garçon, we’ll have four mimosas to start,” Daniel ordered while the girls were busy bickering.

 

                “Uhh this is a school café, we’re not allowed to serve alcohol,” the busboy answered, voice cracking awkwardly, “And I can’t take orders… you have to go to the counter for that,”

 

                He turned around in his seat back to the others at the table, “Ladies, I hate to burst your bubble, but if you want a mimosa you’ll have to order it from the counter… apparently this waiter is not interested in waiting us,”

 

                Nayeon snorted, “His loss, I’m an excellent tipper,”

 

                “A coupon for two for one lipsticks at Sephora and a stick of gum is not an excellent tip,” Jeongyeon said rolling her eyes.

 

                “She didn’t…” Jihyo groaned in second-hand embarrassment.

 

                “She did,” Jeongyeon nodded in annoyance.

 

                “Are you kidding? That’s a great tip! Do you know how expensive good lipstick is these days? I’m actually still kind of mad that that waiter asked me if I was serious when I handed it to him… how dare he question me,”

 

                “A waiter, oh no!” Daniel exclaimed in disbelief, “Nayeon!”

 

                “Fine, whatever, maybe the nice lady at the counter will appreciate…” Nayeon fished around in her purse for a moment, “A scratch off ticket redeemable for 2,000 won and a bottle of lotion from that nice- hotel Jeong and I stayed at when we went to that music festival in Jeju this summer,”

 

                “Aw you guys went to Island Fest Bomb?” Daniel asked, “I’m so jealous!”

 

                “Daniel, don’t encourage her, she can’t give that as a tip!” Jihyo scolded, but it was too late, Nayeon had already skipped away from the table and was leaning flirtatiously over the counter in a way that she knew always irked Jeongyeon.

 

                “Oh… uh we can’t actually order alcohol here. Just thought you should know that. I wanted to see if she’d actually try,” Daniel said to Jeongyeon.

 

                “I know we can’t order alcohol here… but she never listens,” Jeongyeon sighed and pushed her chair away from the table to go stop her girlfriend from embarrassing herself even more,”

 

                Daniel snickered at the other couple’s behavior. They were always pressing each other’s buttons and trying to get under their skin, but even he could tell they really loved each other. Jihyo put her head on his shoulder and he squeezed her hand under the table reassuringly.

 

                “What are you thinking?” He asked.

 

                She turned to smile at him, “Just that we’re going to have to wait another twenty minutes before we can even order because the girl at the counter is going to associate us with those idiots,” she teased gesturing at the scene Nayeon was causing.

 

                The girl at the counter was looking at Nayeon with a hint of annoyance, and Jeongyeon just took out her wallet and handed her a couple of bills before taking Nayeon by the shoulders and guiding her back to the table with orange juices in either hand.

 

                “I swear there’s no alcohol in this Jeong,” Nayeon said taking a hesitant sip from both cups as she sat down.

 

                “Keep trying Bongs, it’s probably just not mixed well,” Jeongyeon shot Jihyo a look behind Nayeon’s back.

 

                “You got your mimosa?” Daniel asked, barely able to conceal the surprise in his voice.

 

                “Yeah, only after she made fun of me for being a first,” Nayeon grumbled, “I said, my girlfriend is literally standing right here. And then Jeongyeon proceeded to laugh at me and take the girl at the counter’s side. So, tell them Jeong, what is it that we are drinking?”

 

                “ mimosas,” Jeongyeon said biting her lip to try to hold back her laughter.

 

                Daniel and Jihyo burst out in laughter as well.

 

                “Are you guys going to go order now?” Nayeon asked huffing impatiently.

 

                “Noooo, not directly after you guys. Can’t have them thinking we’re s too!” Daniel exclaimed.

 

                Jeongyeon nearly spit her mouthful of orange juice. She was starting to like him more and more the longer they hung out.

 

                ~

 

                “, Chaeyoung’s with the Yakuza. I saw her showing Mina her new tattoo. Do you think she like joined them or something?” Momo panicked to Sana.

 

                “What? No! Chaeyoung, isn’t Japanese… and I’m like 99% sure we’re the only ones who know Mina’s Yakuza so keep your mouth shut and you won’t have to worry about that,”

 

                “I don’t want to be encased in a concrete drum, I’m too young to die!” Momo exclaimed.

 

                “Shut up, Mina loves you, she wouldn’t let them do that to you,” Sana rolled her eyes, “I’m the one we should really be worried about here… I’m not trying to get shot,”

 

                “Honestly if anyone should be worried it should be my girlfriend… but I don’t expect her to find out anytime soon,” Mina added.

 

                “Good point Mina,” Momo replied.

 

                “Mina!?” Sana exclaimed, whipping around to see the younger Japanese girl staring at them cautiously, “Uhhh so how much of that conversation did you hear?”

 

                “Enough. How long have you known?”

 

                “Wh—where did you—how did you sneak up on us?” Momo asked incredulously.

 

                “I have my ways,” she said crossing her arms, “Now, tell me, how long have you known?”

 

                “Basically, since we first met you… your family has a very big reputation back home,” Sana answered looking at Mina nervously.

 

                “Are you mad? Please don’t send your parents after us… we were only trying to look out for you!” Momo exclaimed.

 

                “My parents? Why are you worried about my parents when I’m right here?” Mina asked, reaching a hand up to pull back her collar and reveal the beginning of her Yakuza body tattoo.

 

                “Holy Sana, she’s one of them!” Momo hissed as she jumped behind Sana in terror.

 

                Mina started laughing, “You know, now all the special treatment is starting to make sense… Dahyun just thought you liked me… but really you’re terrified of me,” she said stepping closer to the two older girls who stepped backwards in response.

 

                “N—no!” Momo exclaimed, “Mina you’re so talented, that had nothing to do with it. You would have made the dance team Yakuza or not,”

 

                “Yeah… about the dance team,” Mina answered slowly, “I quit,”

 

                She her heel to leave, but stopped and thought of something else, “Oh… and Chaeyoung is the least of your worries,” then she left for real.

 

                “Kuso!” Sana hissed, “Now we don’t just have to be worried about Mina’s parents killing us, but Mina too!”

 

                “We’re so screwed!” Momo groaned.

 

                “Let’s not dig our graves just yet… maybe we can fix this. Do you know how to hypnotize someone?” Sana asked seriously.

 

                “No, I mean we as in the dance team! Mina was like our secret weapon, and now all we have is a fashion disaster drug addict and two Glamazon freshmen with largely untapped potential to try to train to her level. No one has her discipline though… she’s literally one in a million,”

 

                “Do you think they teach that in Yakuza basic training?” Sana asked.

 

                “Sana what—she’s literally a ballet dancer. For like her entire life. That requires strict discipline. She didn’t—well maybe she did—but that’s not the whole reason,” Momo answered with a sigh.

 

                ~

 

                “Where’d you go?” Dahyun asked, when Mina returned to their table.

 

                “Oh, um bathroom,” Mina answered, “Where’d Chaeng go? I wanted to show her my ink next,” Mina asked.

 

                “Your what!?” Dahyun asked incredulously.

 

                “Kidding—I’m kidding, I don’t know anything about that,” Mina laughed nervously.

 

                “Oh, duh of course,” Dahyun replied echoing Mina’s nervous laughter, “She um—she said she had to go somewhere suddenly. I’m really not sure,”

 

[ding]

[ding]

[ding]

 

[12:01] Haha: Our sources tell us that you’ve joined the dance team at your university.

Haha: Your father and I are pleased. We will come watch you dance soon.

Haha: We hope you have found some suitable Japanese friends while you are away. Your father has started preparing the company for your eventual return to take over. I hope your expensive international business degree is teaching you well.

 

                “Mina are you ok? Why do you suddenly look like you’re going to throw up?” Dahyun asked.

 

                “I—I have to go to the bathroom,” Mina excused herself quickly from the table.

 

                “But you just…” Dahyun trailed off because Mina was already gone.

 

                Mina’s breathing had started to become erratic and she could hardly control herself. She practiced her breathing exercises she learned from her training, and she slowly began to calm down. My parents are coming to watch me dance. Here. On the dance team I just quit. To visit my suitable Japanese friends that I just threatened… and Sakura – if they even count the daughter of my father’s best friend. And what am I even going to tell Dahyun? Sorry, I didn’t actually leave my parents I just convinced them that I needed an international business degree from this university so I could get away from them without actually having to tell them I didn’t want to be a part of their company anymore. Oh and if they find out I’m dating a girl… much less a Korean girl, they’re probably going to kill her. They’re Yakuza. I’m Yakuza. . Well on the bright side maybe Dahyun will find my enormous traditional Japanese tattoo that spans my shoulders and back before my parents get here and we won’t have to worry about any of this because oh yeah… I kind of found out today that she hates tattoos and she’ll probably want nothing to do with me after that.

 

                Just then a vaguely familiar brunette with beautiful cat eyes exited the bathroom stall wiping unceremoniously, “Anxiety?” she asked, eyeing Mina through the mirror as she washed her hands.

 

                “I’m working on it,” Mina said as she exhaled deeply.

 

                “I feel that, I have it pretty bad myself. Don’t be too hard on yourself about it. Self-love is so important because if you can’t love yourself how can anyone else? You are loved, you deserve love, and you will never ever ever be alone. Everything is going to be ok, just try not to think about what could happen and focus on loving—I mean living now,” She recited almost like she’d been practicing it.

 

                “T—thank you?” Mina said as she girl finished washing her hands and exited the bathroom. Sure enough, her breathing had evened out and her mind was not clouded by fear anymore. She hadn’t forgotten about her problems, they were still ever-present looming on the horizon, but she was ok right now, and that’s all that mattered.

 

                ~

 

                “That didn’t actually happen, right? Mina doesn’t totally hate us, right?” Momo whined.

 

                “I can’t believe you’re still on that. Yes, it actually happened. Yes, she totally hates us,” Sana answered simply before putting down her phone.

 

                “I can’t believe you already texted your mom that you love her in case you die. And you’re calling me dramatic. I wouldn’t text my parents that I was about to die unless I was actually already dead. I only tell my parents about things if they’ve gotten serious,” Momo snorted, “I do a lot of stupid Sana, but if I texted them every single time, they’d surely institutionalize me,”

 

                “Someone needs to,” Sana scoffed.

 

                “Hey Momo, I uhh just wanted to know when our first competition is?” Mina asked tapping the older girl lightly on the shoulder to get her attention.

 

                “EH?” Momo exclaimed in confusion, doing a double take. Sure enough, Mina had snuck up on them again, “Didn’t you—”

 

                “Didn’t I what, silly?” Mina asked, playfully punching Momo on the arm, to which the older girl winced.

 

                “It’s uhh—it’s next week,” She answered unevenly, “You’ll be joining us for it?”

 

                “Yeah of course… and so will my parents,” Mina replied, shooting Momo an angelic gummy smile before typing quickly on her phone and leaving.

 

                “Ok, she’s being weird,” Sana said once Mina was out of earshot.

 

                “Are we sure that was Mina? First, she threatens us and now she’s acting like our best friend… I may be hallucinating. Can you absorb weed through your feet if you keep it in your sock drawer long enough? Serious answers only,” Momo asked quickly.

 

                ~

 

[GC: Chaeyoung’s Children]

[11:25] Heekie: CODE RED!!!

[11:26] Yang Yang: What’s code red? I thought all the codes were numbers.

[11:27] Heekie: …oops. Disregard that

[11:27] Nik: 🤦🏻‍

 

[GC: Art Hoez & Yeri]

[11:28] Heekie: code red

[11:28] Nik: a little less dramatic without all the caps and exclamation points now… are you sure you really need us?

[11:29] Yerm: should I know what code red means? Are you out of red? That’s not my department…

[11:30] Heekie: CAN EVERYONE STOP CLOWNING ME

Heekie: RED IS BLOOD

Heekie: OH GOD THERE’S SO MUCH BLOOD

[11:31] Kat: where are you

[11:32] Heekie: Art building bathroom 2nd floor.

Heekie: Hurry!!

Heekie: I can’t believe I wore white today 😭

[11:33] Yerm: why is that your chief concern right now? How long have you been bleeding?

[11:34] Nik: … 😳

Nik: Heekie you didn’t…

[11:35] Heekie: Oh good dad is here, I’ll live

[11:36] Yerm: Can someone tell me what the h*ck is going on?

[11:38] Heekie: Mom tell dad to stop hitting me!!

Heekie: Child abusssdd’;s

[11:45] Yerm: So… is she dead?

[11:46] Kat: no shes just an idiot

Kat: period blood does not count!!

Kat: i’m not a tampon courier

[11:47] Nik: 🤭 🤭

 

                ~

 

                Momo was practicing her solo dance in the dance studio. She was breaking into a mild sweat because she was really giving it her all, like she always did.

 

                “Momo, relax, it’s just practice,” Coach Kang said, uncrossing her arms and moving to the center of the room to lift up a panting Momo’s chin.

 

                “It’s not quite perfect yet,”

 

                “But you’ll hurt yourself if you keep firing at 100%. No one else on the team goes this hard,”

 

                “Maybe they should?” she mumbled.

 

                “What was that?”

 

                “I just meant… Sunmi-Ssi will be at this competition, right? We need to be at our best to ensure we impress our best donor,”

 

                “Actually, I’m not supposed to announce this yet, but just today we had an anonymous donor from Japan drop a large sum of money into the dance team’s budget. Sunmi is no longer our biggest fan anymore,”

 

                “Aish, good grief,” Momo muttered too quietly for Seulgi to hear.

 

                “Mo, seriously, what’s going on? You’re really dancing like your life depends on it today… and it doesn’t. Forget me being coach for a second. Right now, as your friend, I’m telling you it’s just uni dance team,”

 

                It just might, she thought. “I just really want everything to go perfectly at our first dance competition,” Momo couldn’t think of anything else but Mina’s thinly veiled threat that her parents would be at their dance competition. As far as she knew, they’d never come to any of Mina’s events before now. So why were they suddenly interested?

 

                “It will go perfectly, calm down. You’re leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in your category… the only one who even comes close is Mina, and you’re on the same team!” Seulgi exclaimed.

 

                “Wait, Mina’s soloing too?” Momo asked.

 

                “Yeah, she just came and asked me if she could about an hour ago. So please relax Momo, we’ve got this competition in the books,”

 

                “Yeah… thanks Seul. I should probably stop practicing now, don’t want to overdo it,” Momo laughed nervously. Why did Mina have to be competing against her at their first competition… when her parents would be there.

 

                “Of course. Now go take an ice bath or something, I don’t want you too sore from overuse. That’s an order from your coach,”

 

                ~

 

                Tzuyu decided to skip her morning classes today, so she was getting a late start to her day. She felt kinda sick… homesick. She couldn’t stop thinking of that girl, Yuqi. She might have been a cheerleader and probably someone she should avoid, but she was the only person Tzuyu had met (beside Dahyun’s strange introduction) that had greeted her in Mandarin. She didn’t understand all this drama that came with moving to Korea, and she didn’t really want to think about any of it – or anything –today. She just wanted someone, anyone, to speak to her in a language she didn’t have to think so hard about.

 

                She was scrolling through pictures of her dog back home, Gucci, as she walked out of her apartment and not looking where she was doing when she accidentally collided into someone. She wasn’t used to seeing people on her floor, this was unusual.

 

                The pink-haired girl let out a startled curse in Mandarin before covering and apologizing again in Korean. Tzuyu instantly stopped the tring of Korean apologies she’d prepared as well and traded them for a more natural Mandarin instead.

 

                The girl cocked her head in confusion at Tzuyu, “You speak Mandarin?”

 

                “Yes, don’t you?” Tzuyu replied hopefully.

 

                “I—well yes, I’m from Hong Kong,” She answered shyly, “Was my Korean really that bad?”

 

                “No, no! I’m from Taiwan! I heard you accidentally curse and that’s how I knew,” Tzuyu answered quickly, “Actually… thank you. I’ve been feeling really homesick lately and just hearing that made me feel a lot better,”

 

                “Oh, I’m sorry that that’s what you had to hear… my name is Vivi by the way,” She said sticking her hand out to shake, “I’m a senior so you’d think I’d have perfected all this by now,” she joked.

 

                Tzuyu shook her hand with a smile, “I’m Tzuyu, and I’m a sophomore transfer student. I’m new to everything, so definitely don’t blame you,” she laughed.

 

                “So, you’re my neighbor?” Vivi asked, “I feel like I see you in passing all the time, but how is it only just now that we’re finally meeting?”

 

                “Ah, so you’re the one that plays crappy techno music and causes power surges till 2am,” Tzuyu joked comfortably.

 

                “And you’re the one who likes to have loud phone at 6am,” Vivi teased back.

 

                “I don’t—I what? I’m not having phone !” Tzuyu denied adamantly, face turning bright red.

 

                “Accidentally hook your up to the Bluetooth speakers, then? Why is there always panting and groaning so early in the morning?” Vivi questioned, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

 

                Suddenly Tzuyu realized what she meant, “Oh my God, I sometimes do Pilates! Shut the up about watching !”

 

                “Chill, no one else lives on this floor. Your secret is safe with me,” Vivi teased, rolling her eyes.

 

                Tzuyu scoffed, “Ok Miss House Party, what’s you’re excuse then? Wannabe Hardstyle DJ?”

 

                Vivi shrugged, “I’m into robotics. I’m majoring in electrical engineering so I’m always up studying or working on a project. It helps me focus,”

 

                ~

 

                Sana was whining to Rosé about how she didn’t tell her about Jihyo’s boyfriend, but as soon as they reached the landing, she heard Tzuyu’s voice, shouting from just past the door. Sana tightened her grip on Rosé’s arm and pulled her to a halt before they reached it.

 

                “Sana, what’s—” Rosé hissed in surprise, but Sana threw her hand over , as she peered stealthily through small stairwell window.

 

                Why’s she here? She shouldn’t be here. She should be on campus, right? Sana thought. The only reason Sana and Rosé were here was because she didn’t believe that Tzuyu actually lived on the top floor and when Sana told her about it, she begged her to take her up to see the view. Remembering Sana’s battle with Tzuyu the other night Sana rolled her eyes and relented, not promising anything spectacular.

 

                Her ears were right, it was Tzuyu, speaking to a small pink haired girl in a language Sana didn’t understand. Tzuyu was beaming excitedly down at her. Was she… flirting? No way. Tzuyu didn’t flirt. If she did, Sana would know about it. Suddenly Tzuyu took out her phone and showed the girl a picture of a really fluffy dog. . She pulled out the big guns… she’s definitely flirting.

 

                Sana whipped back out of sight, dragging Rosé back down the hall with her, "Abort! Abort!" she hissed as she ran.

 

                “Hey! Are you mad?! I wanted to see the top floor!” Rosé protested.

 

                “Well… you’ll have to find another way then,” Sana huffed.

 

                “What did you see?” Rosé gasped, “OMG did you see her?”

 

                “Shh!” Sana hissed.

 

                “I thought you wanted to talk to her,” Rosé whined in confusion.

 

                “I uhh—not like that,” Sana explained, pushing open the door to her floor and fleeing down the hallway.