Sana’s BREAKTHROUGH

Baggage

a/n: this chapter has my absolute favourite scene in it, look forward to it and tell me if you agree in the comments!!


​​​​

                When Chaeyoung woke up Momo was gone. Of course, I should have known. They always leave. Especially after everything she found out last night. That’s why its best to give them an out. So, you never have to expect anything. She wondered if she should even bother texting Momo about their date, Momo probably wouldn’t care either way. She grabbed what little belongings she had and attempted to sneak out of the apartment before Sana or Momo could wake up and remember she was there.

 

                “Momo, you idiot!” Chaeyoung heard Sana shout.

 

                Crap. I need to move faster… , where are my pants???

 

                ~

 

                “What? What’d I do this time?” Momo responded groggily, waking up second.

 

                “Why are you in bed with me and not Chaeyoung?” Sana hissed incredulously. The bags under her eyes made her look even more done with Momo.

 

                Momo let out a yawn before answering, “I was worried about you, so when she asked me to stay until she fell asleep, I thought I would just do that and then check on you, but then I just couldn’t move. She was so cute when she was sleeping. I wanted to stay and cuddle her all night, and press imaginary kisses on all of her tattoos, those I can see and those I can’t… until you came stumbling out of your bed and tried to join us. So, I had to drag your away to save her waking up to me and you on the couch and freaking out. And that’s how we ended up in my bed… wait , she’s probably still on the couch. You think it’s too late to go back and join her?”

 

                “Be my guest, but I’m going to make coffee,” Sana shrugged as they walked out of the room together.

 

                The first thing they saw was Chaeyoung – pants in hand – trying to sneak out of the apartment.

 

                “Good morning,” Momo said in confusion as to why she was trying to leave so early.

 

                “Uh hey,” Chaeyoung laughed nervously at being caught. Did those two seriously just walk out of Momo’s room together? What’s going on here? Wait Nayeon mentioned this… something called somnambulism? Whatever the hell that means.

 

                “Hi Chaeyoungie,” Sana beamed over her shoulder from her chore, “Momo, my neck kinda hurts,” She added turning to her roommate as she rubbed the area between her neck and shoulder that had been aggravated when she turned her head, “I think its from when you violently dragged me to bed,”

 

                “It wasn’t violent Sana, it was necessary force,” Momo shot Chaeyoung a look, “She can be pretty hard to stop once she’s set on a target,”

 

                Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, “I—I should—”

 

                “Yeah Chaeyoungie, you should go. Rosie will probably be here soon to pick me up and—well that would be awkward, wouldn’t it?” Sana said.

 

                Momo shot Sana a glare, “You don’t have to leave, you can stay in my room if you don’t want to see her,”

 

                “Uhm Sana’s right actually—I need to go,” Chaeyoung left without another word.

 

                Momo groaned, “Couldn’t you and Rosé have rescheduled your trip to the mall or something?” she cried out in frustration.

 

                “Oh my God, no! We need this now more than anything. We have a lot to discuss after last night. And I just think it would be easier on everyone if Chaeyoung wasn’t here when that happened,”

 

                “Yeah but you didn’t have to ask her to leave! That made it sound like we don’t want her here!” Momo exclaimed.

 

                “Oh, I’m sorry, did you want her here? You made it pretty clear when you chose me over her last night that you didn’t really care whether she was here or not,” Sana replied.

 

                “That’s not fair,”

 

                “I told you if you ever got a girlfriend that she would need to enjoy extra cuddles,”

 

                “And I told you I’d fix my lock,”

 

                “If only you had a lock on the living room couch… or better yet, if only you’d thought to offer Chaeyoung your room before this morning as she’s walking out the door,”

 

                “God, you’re insufferable sometimes!” Momo cried out.

 

                “At least when I like someone, I sleep with them!”

 

                “Yeah, but only after they’re already asleep, because otherwise you’re too scared of rejection to make a move!” Maybe I’ve gone too far, but she promised she wouldn’t bring that up either, Momo thought. The way Sana was looking at her confirmed it. She knew Sana’s biggest fear was trusting someone enough to share her true feelings and being rejected again.

 

                Rosé entered the apartment without knocking and saw the two roommates glaring at each other in a standoff. She hadn’t seen Sana this mad probably ever, “Bad time? Should I come back?”

 

                “ you,” Sana spat before turning to take Rosé’s arm and pull her out the door.

 

                ~

 

                “Chaeng, you can come out… I know you’re there,”

 

                “Just pretend you don’t, then we won’t have to have this conversation,”

 

                “After last night… I think we need to have this conversation,”

 

                Chaeyoung groaned and came out from behind the dip in the wall she’d been hiding in when she heard Rosé come out of her room. She hadn’t been quick enough.

 

                “So, I think I should apologize,” Rosé started.

 

                “No, I’m sorry, I was a complete in front of your girlfriend last night. She didn’t deserve that… I just wish I had known,”

 

                “You weren’t an . You didn’t say anything I didn’t deserve to hear,” Rosé sighed. “I should have made it clear where we stood. I was so upset at Jennie for wanting to see other people while she was gone… I swore I wouldn’t—couldn’t… and then you showed up and I couldn’t help myself… you’re just so… you,”

 

                “You hurt—no—you broke me,” Chaeyoung said, her voice cracking, “After you I didn’t think I would be able to trust anyone else. You were so… nice, and I didn’t think you could hurt me like that. I was just a weird little art club kid and you made me feel special… loved. Even though it was just pretend. You saved my life that night, and I guess I thought I owed you something, and maybe I still sort of do,”

 

                “You don’t owe me anything, but I owe you an apology. And I’m so ing sorry for everything I’ve done to you Son Chaeyoung. You’ll never know how truly sorry I am. I don’t think I could ever convey it. I really did—enjoy the time we had together, I just wish it didn’t have to end the way it did,”

 

                “Yeah… well it did,” Chaeyoung said, scratching unconsciously at her wrist.

 

                Rosé’s eyes flickered down to the lip tattoo, “I’m so sorry,” she pleaded. Chaeyoung wouldn’t meet her eyes as she blinked back tears of frustration, she wasn’t sad, but she was upset. She really regretted that ing tattoo, she scratched harder.

 

                “Please,” Rosé said, getting Chaeyoung’s attention by grabbing her hands by the wrists and stopping her fidgeting.

 

                “Just tell me it didn’t mean nothing,” Chaeyoung mumbled.

 

                “It didn’t, I swear to you Chaeyoung it didn’t… and if things were different—”

 

                “I know, I know, if things were different, maybe you’d actually love me or whatever. You always said that,” She grumbled, trying to take her hands back, unsatisfied.

 

                Rosé didn’t let go, “No, things being how they were didn’t prevent me from loving you… I had always loved you,” She pressed a tentative kiss against the tattoo before finally letting go of her hands, “I was a coward. I was afraid to make that leap. Jennie is all I’ve ever known. We may fight a lot, but I love her too… and I need us to work. If things were different maybe I could have allowed myself to be happy with you instead, but you deserve so much more than me Chaeyoung. Momo is lucky, she better not let go of you…”

 

                “We’re not—she doesn’t—”

 

                “Yes, she does,”

 

                Chaeyoung looked at Rosé like a deer in headlights. Unsure how to react, respond, or proceed… just frozen. Rosé smiled weakly, but she couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing Chaeyoung so raw like this was making her emotional and she knew Sana would have thousands of questions if she saw her like that. So, she left before she could cry, she left her there in the hallway and escaped to Sana and Momo’s apartment, not even bothering to knock.

 

                ~

 

                It was late. Way too late for Rosé to be out walking the streets. And it was cold too… much too cold for March. So why was she holding this huge jacket, rather than wearing it on top of her others? Love. That’s why.

 

                Chaeyoung hadn’t come home to her that night and wasn’t returning any of her texts either, she was beginning to get worried.

 

                She knew the girl tended to stay out late working on her secret art project, but ever since she started sleeping over at Rosé’s she said she wasn’t doing it as much, and she seemed to be sleeping better. When Rosé woke up in the middle of the night cold and alone… she knew this wasn’t true.

 

                She retraced her steps to the place she’d found Chaeyoung shivering and nearly hypothermic on the day they’d met – fearing the worst.

 

                Chaeyoung wasn’t anywhere in sight. Just the entrance to the abandoned subway station this late at night. Of course. This is stupid. She’s probably just at home, warm in her own bed. But she wanted to try one last time. She called Chaeyoung’s phone

.

.

.

                And could hear it ringing down the stairs to the subway.

 

                [Now I won’t describe the details to you of how Rosé fell in love with Chaeyoung all over again once she discovered the secret art project she’d been working on… because this story isn’t about that, just know… it was hard for her to contain her awe for the cub… until she actually laid eyes her and all that went out the window.]

 

                “Stop, stop, stop—ah —where did I put that damn thing,” Chaeyoung cursed, sprinting down the abandoned subway station in search of her incessantly ringing phone.

 

                “Ch—Chaeyoung-ah,” Rosé called upon spotting the paint stained munchkin blur past her vision. She was hardly wearing any clothes. She had to be freezing! What was she thinking??

 

                Chaeyoung instantly stopped in place and looked guiltily at the girl she loved. She didn’t say anything, but she didn’t have to. Instead she hiccupped, and that was all Rosé needed to know to connect the dots.

 

                She dropped the jacket to the ground, “Y—you’re drunk,” was all she said.

 

                Chaeyoung wasn’t just drunk… she was way past drunk. She was three sheets to the wind and there was no chance she would remember this night… even though Rosé would as long as she lived.

 

                “No iamnot,” Chaeyoung slurred, “If I was drunk could I do this?” she asked before spraying a poor attempt at a straight line on the ground and attempting to walk along it.

 

                Rosé remained unconvinced, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

 

                “Ok, maybe I’m a little pissed,” Chaeyoung said. Rosé wasn’t sure if that was an Aussie dig or if she was actually mad.

 

                “Why’s that?” Rosé settled for a safe answer.

 

                “It’s a secret,” Chaeyoung answered, looking down at her feet.

 

                “I promise I won’t tell,” Rosé pleaded. She needed to get to the bottom of this.

 

                “Pinky promise?” Chaeyoung said after a moment, extending her pinky to the older girl.

 

                “Pinky promise,” Rosé confirmed, linking their pinkies together.

 

                “I think I’m in love with someone… and I’m scared,” she said running her free hand through her hair, “I’m just—I didn’t mean to be—but I think she just wants to be buddies… I don’t know if I can keep doing this. It yanno?”

 

                Rosé stepped back, but their still linked pinkies prevented her from getting far without accidentally tugging Chaeyoung forward. The already off-balance girl stumbled forward – knocking over some empty soju bottles that Rosé hadn’t noticed littering the ground until now – before righting herself. She counted the bottles one, two, three…

 

                “Maybe you should just stop then, it would probably hurt less in the long run,” Rosé suggested quietly.

 

                “I know I should, but I just can’t. So that’s why—” Chaeyoung said bending over to pick one of the bottles up and examine it.

 

                “I feel the same way, but—I love someone I’m not supposed to love too, and it really scares me… especially on nights like this,” Rosé blurted out.

 

                Chaeyoung chuckled bitterly, “Welcome to the club. I’d offer you some soju, but it seems I’ve run out,” she slurred before exaggeratingly turning the bottle upside down to demonstrate.

 

                “Stop it, please,” Rosé pleaded.

 

                “Why? What do you care? What does anyone care?” Chaeyoung retorted.

 

                “I—I— it—I love you Chaeng. Can’t you see? I’m in love you and I’m not supposed to be—I was never supposed to be. I’m just going to hurt you—we can’t ever be together,” She shouted.

 

                “M—me?” Chaeyoung asked quietly, pointing at herself stupidly, “You were talking about me?” Chaeyoung shivered slightly as if she was only now noticing the cold.

 

                Rosé bent down and retrieved the jacket so she could wrap it around the half-clothed girl. All the while Chaeyoung couldn’t take her big innocent eyes off of her. Staring at her as if she was trying to piece some complicated math problem together.

 

                “Please, Chaeng, let’s just go home and get you in a warm bed,” Rosé begged tiredly. She just wanted this night to be over. She wanted the feelings to stop. She wanted it to stop hurting. She didn’t want to be selfish and continue hurting Chaeyoung… and herself… and Jennie, what would Jennie say? I definitely don’t think this is what she had in mind when she suggested that dumb break. , I’m in too deep.

 

                ~

 

[13 Missed Calls from Mina 🐧]

[09:19] Mina 🐧: please answer Dahyun

                Mina 🐧: I keep replaying it over and over in my mind

                Mina 🐧: I’m so sorry please let me explain

[09:21] Baby 😘: Please stop texting me I’m in church 😡

                Baby 😘: Praying for you

                Baby 😘: One of our souls has to be intact if you ever hope to get to heaven one day

 

                “Wh—what?” Mina said to herself. She threw her head back on her bed and groaned. That was the most she’d heard from her since everything happened. Dahyun had left the game before it was over and wouldn’t answer any of Mina’s calls or texts the rest of the night.

 

                Now that she was responding, Mina could see why she’d been avoiding her earlier. Dahyun was pissed. And what was she talking about her soul not being intact? Did she think Mina was a demon or something? Certainly, she’s been reading too many fictions… maybe the bible included. But that just made it all the more imperative that Dahyun answer her!!

 

[09:23] Mitang: Momo I don’t know what to do, I’m pretty sure Dahyun thinks I’m the devil

                Mitang: she won’t answer my texts and her excuse is that she’s busy praying for me

[09:24] H. Momo: I wish I could say I’m surprised… but it is Dahyun

[09:25] Mitang: Seriously Momo!!

[09:26] H. Momo: idk what to tell you. Google it?

                H. Momo: that’s what I always do

                [Image Attached]

 

                Mina opened the picture, it was of Momo’s google search, “how to convince your church-going girlfriend you’re not the devil?” She groaned again. Momo was being surprisingly unhelpful today.

 

[09:27] Mitang: The first link said I have to drink holy water in front of her

                Mitang: I’m literally not going to do that

[09:28] H. Momo: Why not? Worried you can’t? 😝

[09:30] Mitang: I’m pretty sure that’s disrespectful

[09:31] H. Momo: I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me

[09:32] Mitang: I meant to the church 😈

                Mitang: I’m not going to hurt you 😒

[09:33] H. Momo: Oh yeah… I knew that

[09:34] Mitang: Why does everyone suddenly think I’m evil!?

[09:35] H. Momo: 👉👈 maybe because you’re a Y-word

[09:36] Mitang: A what? Yandere?

                Mitang: I’m not crazy

                Mitang: Wait, am I?

[09:37] H. Momo: Y*kuza

[09:38] Mitang: I feel like at that point you could just spell it out… 😒😒

[09:39] H. Momo: Nuh uh, Chaeyoung told me the FBI man in my phone can’t read asterisks!

 

                Mina clicked her phone closed again, yeah Momo was being really unhelpful today… but at this point she shouldn’t even be surprised anymore.

 

                ~

 

                Momo couldn’t think of anything else. She just wanted Sana to come back so she could apologize. They always had small fights, but she had never seen Sana so filled with anger before. It was probably the sleep deprivation… but Momo had been kind of a to her when she was already down.

 

[09:05] Motang: Sana I’m sorry

                Motang: You know I didn’t mean it

                Motang: I get defensive when people call me a v-word

                Motang: Please let’s not fight

[Read by Satang at 9:05]

 

                Sana clicked her phone closed and sighed for what must have been the fifteenth time since Rosé had been driving to the mall… and it wasn’t that long of a drive. The drive had also been uncharacteristically quiet, as Rosé wasn’t in the mood to blast “Barbie Girl” and Sana wasn’t in the mood to grill Rosé about her relationship. She leaned her head the heel of her palm as her elbow rested on the car door. The top was – as usual – missing, so Sana’s hair whipped annoyingly in the wind. Normally she didn’t mind. Normally she didn’t care about small things like that, but today everything seemed to be getting to her.

 

                “You know what I hate?” Sana said suddenly.

 

                “Tell me what you hate,” Rosé answered enthusiastically, trying to give Sana the courage to continue.

 

                “Stubborn people,” Sana scoffed.

 

                “Hmm… tell me more,” Rosé pressed, not looking away from the road. She had taken her medicine this morning and was having a good focus day.

 

                “Like when you try to get someone to see something one way, but they can’t see past their own ideals,”

 

                “That’s basically the definition of stubborn, but yeah I see what you mean,” Rosé hummed in acknowledgment.

 

                “Like can’t they understand that not everyone is on the same page as them!?”

 

                “Well in all healthy relationships its best to handle it like adults and talk it out,”

 

                “I just feel like she’s been moving so fast lately, and I just can’t seem to catch up!”

 

                “Hey, you shouldn’t do anything you aren’t comfortable doing. If you think she’s moving too fast, tell her so she won’t feel hurt later on when you’re outright rejecting her and she doesn’t get why,”

 

                “We always used to do everything together and now I feel like I hardly know her!”

 

                “I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, you met her like a week ago? I’d hardly call stalking her, ‘doing everything together’,” Rosé scoffed.

 

                “What? I’m clearly talking about Momo, Rosie…”

 

                “Oh…”

 

                “But speaking of handling things like adults… have you and Jennie ‘talked it out’ yet?” Sana asked.

 

                “Sanaaaaa,” Rosé whined, “Don’t change the subject, we were talking about Momo,”

 

                “No, one of us was talking about Momo, you were talking about something completely different!”

 

                “She—ugh—I have no right to be mad and yet I feel like I’m at this crossroads,” Rosé sighed, giving in.

 

                “Explain,”

 

                “I’m in love with her Sana, don’t get me wrong, but I was also in love with Chaeyoung,”

 

                “Was?”

 

                “Yeah, was… I let her go earlier today,” Rosé explained.

 

                “You know how Jennie and I took a break when she went abroad?”

 

                “Yes, and I told you either break up completely or stay together, a break like that will only mess with your head,”

 

                “Yes, you were right, I know, as usual… but it got me wondering, do you think she loves me? Like I know she tells me that all the time, but would someone who really loved me suggest we take a break to see other people? At the time I felt like she was just putting me on a shelf… but when she returned it was like no time had passed at all,”

 

                “You saw someone else during the time that you were apart, but do you love her any less?”

 

                “No, but I—”

 

                “Did Jennie love Elkie?” Sana shuddered at the mention of the other girl.

 

                “I don’t think—”

 

                “Listen babe, I know I’m supposed to be on your team, but I can’t help but see this from both sides. Jennie is at a crossroads too here. How many times since you’ve been together did you think Jennie didn’t love you? She’s tearing herself apart about suggesting this break in the first place because she came back to you from New Zealand and you stayed exactly where you were but had all but replaced her. You fell in love with someone else! I’m not saying there’s anything wrong about loving two people but think of it from her perspective. You two have been each other’s constants for how many years? And in that time how many other people have you been whole- in love with?”

 

                “She—she didn’t tell me any of that,” Rosé whimpered.

 

                “Because she’s scared to lose you… trust me,”

 

                Rosé was silent, her jaw was clenched, and she was laser focused on the path ahead of her.

 

                “At least you know she’ll never suggest a break again,” Sana joked, trying to lighten the mood.

 

                “So, you think I’m in the wrong here?” Rosé groaned.

 

                “I don’t think either of you are in the wrong here!” Sana said throwing her hands up, “Just be grown ing adults and talk about your feelings!”

 

                “Speaking of talking about feelings… Sana we still haven’t talked about yours for you-know-who,” Rosé tried to change the subject, tired of getting dragged by Sana.

 

                “Oh my God!” Sana squealed suddenly, “I have to buy this handbag!”

 

                “You totally do, it’s so—wait why are you grabbing five of them! Sana, wait!” Rosé said chasing the girl to the checkout line.

 

                ~

 

                Rosé had Sana pinned to the floor in the middle of a Gucci store, and the clerk couldn’t do a damn thing to separate them because they seemed to be fighting over one of the bags.

 

                “I need it!”

 

                “You don’t need five Gucci handbags!”

 

                “Yes, I do! I need them all,”

 

                “You need something, alright,”

 

                “Rosie let me throw away my own money like the dumb trust fund kid I am!”

 

                “You’re in denial Sana! That is a psychological defense mechanism!”

 

                “You psych major , quit analyzing me!”

 

                “This is anger,”

 

                “Please, what if I give one of them to you?”

 

                “Bargaining now, are we? I’m not buying it!”

 

                “Yeah because it’s a gift… ok fine! Everything hurts, Rosie… I don’t want to talk about it because it hurts. She…” Sana took a deep exhale, “I give up,”

 

                Rosé was finally able to yank the handbag out of Sana’s hand, and scoop up the other four and hand them back to the frantic saleswoman before turning back to Sana, “And this must be depression,”

 

                “So what if I’m depressed, it’s not like I don’t deserve it. I was dumb and I allowed my heart to open just for it to get broken again,”

 

                “You’re not dumb, and you don’t deserve this,”

 

                Sana sniffled, “She texted me and I told her I needed space,”

 

                “That’s ok, maybe you do need space,”

 

                “I don’t want space!” Sana wailed, “I like her and I feel stupid—everything hurts!”

 

                “TELL HER, MY GOD JUST TELL HER!” Rosé exclaimed, “Isn’t that what you told me?”

 

                “This is different—”

 

                “You’re right… but not in the way you think. Sana, I know what its like to have to hide my feelings from someone… it always , but the difference between you and me is you can still do something about it. You can still salvage this love. Please tell her before it’s too late, before you break yourself,”

 

                “Ok,” Sana sniffled.

 

                “Ok? You’re accepting?”

 

                “Yeah, I’m accepting,”

 

                Rosé clapped her hands together in triumph, “Congratulations you just completed all the stages of grief, now let’s get you that handbag,”

 

                “Just one?”

 

                “Just one,”

               

[16:39] Rosie: We talked, we cried, we had a root, we’re better than ever

                Rosie: No more breaks, no more secret girlfriends, just us in love

                Rosie: Thank you 😍

[16:44] Sana: Now it’s my turn

                Sana: I need a little liquid courage first 🍶

                [Image Attached]

[16:45] Rosie: Sake bombs?? At 4 in the afternoon?

                Rosie: Without me?

                Rosie: Glad it looks like you’ve forgiven Momo though

[16:46] Sana: Hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere

                Sana: And you were busy “having a root” didn’t want to interrupt

                Sana: Of course, I could never stay mad at that idiot

[16:47] Rosie: True, true, and true

 

                “And you’re sure this will help?” Momo asked again, “You won’t black out on your way and pass out in the stairs or something?”

 

                “Momo, I think you and I both know my tolerance has grown since high school, now hit me,”

 

                Momo poured two more shots of sake and balanced them on chopsticks on top of the beers Sana had poured them. How Sana had managed to drag her into this she wasn’t sure, but after this morning she probably would have said yes to anything Sana had suggested if it meant they weren’t fighting anymore.

 

                “Ichi ni san?” Momo asked.

 

                Sana nodded her head in confirmation and both girls began to pound their fists on the table and chant, “Ichi…ni…san…sake bomb!” as the chopsticks clattered to the table and the shots fell, they raised the glasses to their lips and drained their drinks.

 

                “Ahh, much better,” Sana sighed.

 

                “Ready to confess?” Momo asked expectantly.

 

                “One more round, bartender!” Sana said slamming her palm down on the table.

 

                Momo rolled her eyes, “Fine, but I’m not going to make it out tonight at this rate,”

 

                “Don’t go out, just stay in… with Chaeyoungie,” Sana said winking suggestively.

 

                “Can’t, she already said she couldn’t hang out tonight because she’s helping her roommate move in,”

 

                “Shame you didn’t get in there before she gained a roommate… now you’ll have to be quiet when you’re doing it,”

 

                “SANA!” Momo exclaimed, face pinking in embarrassment, “It’s not like that!”

 

                “But it will be! And who knows, you could be a screamer! You should be prepared for anything… Rosie told me Chaeyoungie was a tiger in bed,”

 

                “Stop it, Sana!” Momo whined, “Just take your damn shot and go confess! I can’t handle you anymore,” she said shoving the shot in her direction.

 

                ~

 

                “Jesus Dub, how much do you—Hiiiiii Mr. and Mrs. Kim, so nice to see you again!” Chaeyoung greeted awkwardly.

 

                “Chaeyoung, it’s been too long! I was just telling Dahyun I love what you’ve done with the place design-wise. Your aesthetic is so charming!” Dahyun’s mom said.

 

                “Look at her, she’s gotten so tall since the last time I’ve seen her! Is she taller than you now Dahyun?” Dahyun’s dad asked.

 

                Dahyun snorted in response to that. Leave it to her parents to be the first people to ever call Chaeyoung tall.

 

                “And handsome, Dahyun does Chaeyoung like girls too?” Dahyun’s mom added.

 

                This time both Dahyun and Chaeyoung flushed deep red.

 

                “Mom, stop!” Dahyun whined, throwing up her hands in a ‘no’ motion, “She’s my best friend… my girlfriend is… busy today,”

 

                Chaeyoung raised a questioning eyebrow at Dahyun, but Dahyun looked away, not wanting to meet her eyes.

 

                “As long as we get to meet her soon… You’re not hiding her from us, are you?” Dahyun’s dad asked teasingly.

 

                Dahyun began to laugh anxiously, and Chaeyoung took that as a sign to change the subject.

 

                “Is this a new Keurig?” She questioned enthusiastically.

 

                “Yes, it is! We know you college kids hate waking up in the morning so we thought you might enjoy having one of these! As a move-in gift!”

 

                “I don’t even drink coffee,” Dahyun mumbled.

 

                “You will, every college kid drinks coffee. My parenting book said It’s what keeps you guys running from early morning classes to late night study sessions… or maybe your girlfriend likes—” Dahyun’s mom answered knowingly.

 

                “I love coffee!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, surging forward to hug Dahyun’s parents in thanks.

 

                 “Chaeyoung, what’s that on your arm?” Dahyun’s dad said reaching out to examine Chaeyoung’s wrist.

 

                Dahyun put her head in her hands… uh oh.

 

                Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun to gauge her reaction before responding, “It’s nothing, just a doodle,” she lied as she retracted her hand and pulled her sleeve down.

 

                “Honey I think it’s a tattoo, I saw she’s got one on her neck too. That’s what the cool kids are doing these days,” Dahyun’s mom replied calmly.

 

                “Oh, is it? That’s very cool Chaeyoung!” Dahyun’s dad said smiling almost proudly, “Dahyun do you have any tattoos?”

 

                “No!” Dahyun shouted, face pinking, “Don’t you guys have dinner or something to get to?”

 

                “Yeah, sure, sure, we’ll leave you kids to it,” Dahyun’s dad said.

 

                “Tell your girlfriend we said hi,” Dahyun’s mom said as they walked to the door.

 

                “Bye!” Dahyun groaned.

 

                “Bye Mr. and Mrs. Kim!” Chaeyoung chimed in.

 

                As soon as she shut the door behind them, they both let out sighs of relief.

 

                “Dude! You didn’t tell me your parents would be here, I totally would have showered or not looked like a total hoodrat!”

 

                “Oh, be quiet, my parents think you’re cool… I can’t believe I spent so much time worried about them not approving when you’re practically their favourite daughter,” Dahyun grumbled.

 

                Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “I think I make them uncomfortable, your mom looked practically ecstatic when you said we weren’t dating,”

 

                “Probably because she thinks you’re straight,” Dahyun suggested.

 

                Chaeyoung ran a hand through her dirty blonde hair and shot Dahyun a glare, “At this point, I don’t think anyone thinks I’m straight… have you seen me?”

 

                “My parents think your aesthetic is charming, don’t underestimate their obliviousness,” Dahyun deadpanned.

 

[ding]

 

Unknown: the proofs for your pictures are ready, follow this link to access them: [link]

 

                “So, you all good unpacking wise?” Chaeyoung asked, looking up from her phone and changing the subject.

 

                “Yeah I’ve got it. What’s up?”

 

                “I’m going back out, I just came to get my bag, don’t wait up,” Chaeyoung said.

 

                “Do I even want to know?” Dahyun asked.

 

                “Probably not,” Chaeyoung answered honestly as she slung her large duffle bag over her shoulder, and Dahyun could hear the unmistakable metallic sound of cans clinking together inside.

 

                ~

 

                Sana rung Tzuyu’s doorbell maybe thirteen times, but the girl was either taking her sweet time, or had no intention of answering so she kept up her desperate rhythm of knocking and ringing until the door finally flung open and she was greeted with a very annoyed looking Tzuyu.

 

                “Hi,” Sana greeted sheepishly.

 

                “Go ahead, spit it out, say what you came all the way here to say. Tell me why you’re here, at my apartment in the middle of the night,” Tzuyu snapped impatiently.

 

                “Aish, how many bees are in your butthole?” Sana took a deep breath, “I just really need to get this off my chest. The last time I confessed to someone it didn’t end well so let me be nervous about this, ok?” she steepled her hands in concentration.

 

                “You—what?” Tzuyu said, stepping back and coincidentally allowing enough space for Sana to push past her, inviting herself into her apartment.

 

                “You heard what I said Chou Tzuyu! You asked me to say it, so I said it, happy?” Sana huffed, spinning around on her heel, face instantly pinking in consternation.

 

                Suddenly Tzuyu grabbed Sana and pinned her against the wall. One hand gripping her hands tightly above her head, and the other clenched by her side.

 

                “Tz—Tzuyu-yah,” Sana whimpered breathlessly.

 

                “You’re so ing frustrating, you know that?” Tzuyu growled into her ear.

 

                “I—” she started nervously before looking deep into Tzuyu’s eyes and realizing she wasn’t irreparably angry. She smirked, “You love this kind of frustration though,”

 

                “No,” Tzuyu spat, pounding her fist against the wall, “I love it when people are honest with me,”

 

                “That road goes both ways Tzuyu-yah, when were you going to tell me you have a whole girlfriend? Did you really have to wait until I’d already fallen for you to step on my heart like that? Why can’t people just be up front when they don’t like me? I must just have one of those faces…”

 

                “I don’t have a girlfriend. Elkie is just a psycho ex… I always seem to attract the crazies. And you—"

 

                “—When have I not been honest with you Tzuyu? Tell me when?”

 

                “That’s the issue! You’re so open and out there… you make it impossible for me not to fall for you. But when I try to get close to you, you run away! It hurts me when you’re so hot and cold! I can’t be mad because you haven’t done anything wrong and yet I find myself so… frustrated! Frustrated because what I need is something you can’t seem to give me. Why can’t you just be a snake like everyone thinks you are? Why can’t I just hate you?”

 

                Sana let out a small gasp, but it was instantly swallowed by Tzuyu who crashed her lips against Sana’s. She didn’t even wait for Sana to catch up, she took advantage of her surprised state and instantly deepened the kiss, hungrily Sana’s mouth and nibbling her lips.

 

                It was overwhelming to say the least, and Sana let out a needy moan.

 

                Tzuyu groaned and broke away, “I need to know, if you’re just going to keep playing your game or not. I need to know now before I end up getting hurt,” her eyes were still closed, but her brow was furrowed as if the thought pained her.

 

                Sana wanted to answer, but she wasn’t sure if Tzuyu would let her, “Can I actually answer that or are you going to try and shut me up again?”

 

                “No, because you’ll probably tell me the truth and I don’t think I can handle anymore of that from you right now,” Tzuyu let go of Sana’s hands and wrapped her arms around her neck to pull the older in to another deep kiss, but this time quickly trailing down and biting Sana’s neck.

 

                “I am—oh my,” Sana groaned.

 

                “Stop ing talking,” Tzuyu growled before biting and harder.

 

                Sana whimpered at the pain as well as the pleasure as her hands s into Tzuyu’s hair allowing her to pull the Taiwanese girl closer.

 

                As soon as Tzuyu was pleased with the mark she’d made, she made sure to run over it with her tongue before pulling away from Sana.

 

                Sana ran a hand through her own hair and tried to steady herself, her eyes hazy from lust, but with the way Tzuyu was looking at her she didn’t plan on continuing any further.

 

                “One hickie, one girlfriend. Not the whole ing field hockey team, one field hockey player. Mine, no one else’s. Think you can handle that?”

 

                “Y—you want to be my girlfriend? Rumours and all? What if this all turns out to be just another one of my games that everyone thinks I play?”

 

                Tzuyu scoffed in annoyance, but her eyes betrayed her, softening ever so slightly, “Sana we’ve been over this. No rumours, no secrets. Just the truth. Just you, and what everyone else thinks. If you say you’re not playing a game, then you’re not playing a game,”

 

                “I thought you didn’t want me to answer that,”

 

                “Yeah because I’m mad at you and you’ll tell me you really like me and I can’t hear that right now or I might just say it back and I really can’t do that and be mad at you at the same time!” Tzuyu whined, “So I’m not asking you to be my girlfriend, I’m saying you are my girlfriend. Maybe in 2-3 business days when I’m no longer mad at you, you can tell me what you think about my proposition,”

 

                As soon as Tzuyu stopped talking, Sana leaned in to try and kiss Tzuyu again, but Tzuyu stepped out of the way.

 

                “Oh my God… are you UPS or something? Do I really have to wait that long to be able to kiss you again?” Sana pouted.

 

                “Yes,” Tzuyu sneered, “Your delivery will arrive Monday by 8PM. If you’re not home to sign for it I’m going to take it hostage and make you drive all the ing way out to the nearest UPS store to get it,”

 

                “… Ok someone got a little too carried away with the metaphor,” Sana laughed uneasily.

 

                “Sorry… I’m mad at UPS right now because I wasn’t here Friday when they tried to deliver my package originally and now, I have to wait till ing Monday for them to bring it to a store for me to pick up,”

 

                Sana took the opportunity while Tzuyu was ranting to snake her arms around her waist and pull her into a tight hug, “Want me to fight UPS for you?”

 

                “Will you? If so, we ride at dawn,” Tzuyu leaned away to look seriously at Sana.

 

                ~

 

                Chaeyoung had the proofs ready from the game, and she was worried how they came out. She left shortly after halftime so she knew she wouldn’t have as many and needed the ones she had to turn out well.

 

                There was a picture of Yeri’s goal, a picture of Sowon making a great save, a picture of Momo dancing, some really intense action photos of the team passing, another picture of Momo dancing, a picture of Jennie’s goal, a picture of Suyeon fiercely battling an opponent for possession, a closeup of Momo, another picture of Momo, a picture of Momo where Chaeyoung swore she was looking directly at her. How can someone be so goddamn photogenic?

 

                Chaeyoung took another swig of her soju and winced. How could someone be so perfect? She zoomed in on the photo and stared longingly at Momo’s flawless skin and bright white smile. How could someone like her like someone like… me?

 

                She took another quick swig of her soju before sitting up and grabbing the spray paint can… she had an idea.