Don't be JELLY JELLY

Baggage

​​​​​​               When Sana woke up Tzuyu was staring at her with adoration… until she noticed that Sana was awake and quickly tried to hide it. Wait… I’m still with Tzuyu. In Tzuyu’s bed. I didn’t sleepwalk!!

 

                “How are you feeling?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                “So much better now, thanks to you!” Sana said with adorably hoarse sleepy voice, “I don’t want to move, I could lay here all day,” she added after checking the time on her phone.

 

                Tzuyu smiled, knowing that Sana wouldn’t see before asking, “Can you text Mina and let her know I’m not going to the library this morning,” passing her phone over Sana and placing it in front of her as she thumbed the fingerprint scanner.

 

                “Too comfy?” Sana asked, craning her neck to smile at Tzuyu hopefully.

 

                “Pssh no—my back is killing me, I don’t know if I can even walk after last night,” Tzuyu lied, and tried to roll away from Sana.

 

                “Yah! Get back here!” Sana exclaimed, turning over and wrapping her arms around an escaping Tzuyu and pulling her back to her chest, “Tonight you can be little spoon, I promise,” Sana murmured into Tzuyu’s neck.

 

                “Mmm I already have one backpack, I don’t need another,” Tzuyu said, still playing hard to get, even though her body was relaxing ever so slowly into Sana.

 

                “Yeah but I’m a y backpack,” Sana pouted.

 

                “Oh really? What use is that to me?” Tzuyu replied, trying her best not to chuckle.

 

                “What if I told you this backpack has a massage function?” Sana said retracting her arms and sliding them up to Tzuyu’s shoulders before squeezing.

 

                Tzuyu instantly melted and let out a deep sigh of comfort, “You’re right, I’ll throw away my old backpack. This one is much better,”

 

                Sana smiled triumphantly, “Ok, let me text Mina for you and then I’ll give you a real massage,” Sana explained, turning back to find Tzuyu’s phone.

 

                Sana was quiet for a while… too quiet that Tzuyu began to worry, “What are you doing? It doesn’t take that long to send a text message,”

 

                “Someone’s impatient,” Sana said simply, without looking up from her intent tapping on Tzuyu’s phone.

 

                “Yah! Give that back, you’re totally not texting her anymore!” Tzuyu said reaching to grab the phone but failing when Sana pulled it out of her way.

 

                “Oh! She responded saying they aren’t going either… they. Oooohhhh,” Sana teased while performing acrobatic feats to continue to avoid Tzuyu’s arms.

 

                “How are—you so—goddamn flexible!” Tzuyu said after she’d reached her limit and Sana still had range of motion to spare.

 

                “Cheerleading,” Sana responded simply, “Ok, I’m done,” then she handed the phone back.

 

                Tzuyu took one look at the screen before recoiling, “Ah —too bright. Just tell me what you did,” she groaned.

 

                “I wanted to see my contact name… M. Sana? Who are you? Mina? So, I changed it, but guess you’ll have to wait until you can use your phone again to see what,”

 

                “How will I know it’s you if I don’t know what you changed your name to?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                “Mmm, I think it’ll be fairly obvious,” Sana mentioned, “Now lay on your stomach so I can give your poor back a massage,”

 

[Changed contact name to “y Backpack”]

 

                ~

 

[10:34] My Knight: I just saw your text messages. I do not deserve you 😞

My Knight: I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY

My Knight: Chaeyoung I’m so sorry please don’t hate me. I don’t know what came over me. I saw red. I can’t explain it.

My Knight: I was so nervous and stressed for the dance competition I became a different person. I’m so sorry.

My Knight: I know that I hurt you and I never want to do that. Please if you’ll still come, it would mean the world to me, but I understand if you don’t want to anymore…

My Knight: I’m sorry

 

                ~

 

[GC: Sana Antis]

[10:41] Nabongs: Why did I have to find out from my dad that Sana and Tzuyu are dating?

[10:42] No Jam: t-star got a Girlfriend, congrats!

[10:43] Nabongs: She’s not in here Jeong. Do you even look at group chats before you respond?

[10:44] No Jam: Nope

[10:45] Rosamaria: I could have told you that, those two have been eye ing since preseason

                Rosamaria: I’m surprised she didn’t get hit sooner

                Rosamaria: I bet that it would happen first week

                Rosamaria: I lost 10,000 won to Jennie over it

[10:46] Nabongs: Well no , I knew that

                Nabongs: But now they’re like official official

[10:47] No Jam: oFF ji

[10:48] Satan: Technically I’ve been her girlfriend since Sunday

                Satan: But we only started telling people Tuesday

[10:49] Owow: Eh? You told me Sunday

[10:50] Nabongs: MY DAD KNEW A WHOLE DAY BEFORE ME

[10:51] No Jam: congrats Sana… sorry about The concussion thing agaiN.

[10:52] Rosamaria: WHERE’S MY APOLOGY JEONG. YOU INJURED MY BEST MIDDIE!

[10:53] Satan: Only because you saw my hickie and I panicked

                Satan: Nayeon, don’t be jealous of your dad, you’ll make the inner circle one day

                Satan: Thanks Jeongie, she’s lucky though. She she’s got a thick skull 😅

[10:54] No Jam: LUCKY FOR US ShE’S HARDHEADED

                No Jam: i’ve been sitting On that one for a While… just needed someone Else to joke about it first

                No Jam: high five Sana

[10:55] Rosamaria: Motion to kill Jeongyeon

[10:56] Nabongs: Seconded

                Nabongs: And let’s kill Sana while we’re at it too

 

                ~

 

                “Wild and edgy? You call yourself wild and edgy? You’ll never be Chaeyoung,” Mina said with a smirk of contempt on her face. She was holding Chaeyoung in a tight embrace, looking over her shoulder at Dahyun who was watching from down the hall.

 

                Then Mina turned away and kissed Chaeyoung.

 

                And Dahyun woke up. She missed her alarm, but honestly, she couldn’t be bothered. After the sight she saw yesterday she didn’t know if she could face Mina.

 

                Mina had texted her and told her she’d be late to Games Club again because they were taking mandatory team ice baths, so Dahyun decided she’d meet her there so they could walk together. When she got to the athletic complex though, she encountered Mina embracing Chaeyoung in the hallway, and immediately panicked and ran away.

 

                She felt like she wasn’t supposed to see that.

 

                She should have known she couldn’t compete with Chaeyoung. She’d never be as cool as her. Chaeyoung would always beat her.

 

[knock knock]

 

                “Hey—uhhh, I think you overslept,” Chaeyoung called sleepily through the door, “And I kinda overheard you crying last night so I wasn’t sure if you were ok in there,”

 

                Dahyun rolled over in her bed. Chaeyoung. Great.

 

                “I think she’s still asleep,” Chaeyoung announced when there was no response.

 

                “That’s so unlike her… she’s been acting kind of strange lately though,”

 

                Mina. What’s she doing here? And she’s with Chaeyoung…

 

                “That could be my fault… I told her I’d try and help her go through her rebellious phase,”

 

                “Chaeng!” Dahyun could hear the familiar sound of someone being smacked, “She doesn’t need to change, I love her just the way she is!”

 

                “For someone so soft you really hit hard,” Chaeyoung whined.

 

                “Dahyun, if you don’t come out, I’m coming in,”

 

                “Go away,” Dahyun called, finally answering. She knew she hadn’t locked her door last night, so she just had to hope they wouldn’t try.

 

                “Fine, I’m coming in,” Mina said, then she paused before adding, “Momo doesn’t need to know I’m skipping class today,”

 

                “Uhh… might be kinda hard considering she’s also skipping classes to come here,”

 

                Mina narrowed her eyes, “Did she apologize, or should I stay out here just in case,”

 

                “Yes, like a thousand times, now go figure out why your own girlfriend is upset,”

 

                ~

 

                As soon as Chaeyoung opened the door Momo burst through and attacked her with an enormous tight hug, causing her to stumble backwards and almost lose her footing.

 

                “Momo—I can’t brea—wait are you crying?” Chaeyoung wheezed.

 

                “I’m a mess—a whole mess Chaeyoung. I’m so nervous and stressed and then I hurt you and I thought you would hate me—which honestly made everything worse because… because you’re you and you don’t deserve to be treated like that,” Momo rambled through her tears.

 

                Chaeyoung rubbed Momo’s back and whispered soothing words into her ears and eventually the older girl relaxed into her arms.

 

                “Has anyone ever told you, you’re really good at calming people down?” Momo sniffled.

 

                Chaeyoung shrugged, “Want to take a nap?”

 

                “Yes please,” Momo said and Chaeyoung lead her into her room for the very first time.

 

                ~

 

                “Dahyun, why are you acting like this?” Mina asked, she closed the door behind her, but she still stood in the doorway with her arms crossed. This was the first time she had seen Dahyun’s room. She felt weird barging in without an invite.

 

                It hadn’t occurred to Dahyun that Mina might not know why she was mad at her. She rolled over in her bed and faced Mina with a pout on her face.

 

                “I had a bad dream. Please tell me you didn’t kiss Chaeyoung?”

 

                “Dahyunnie!” Mina groaned, “You’re mad at me because of a stupid nightmare?”

 

                “Well… no,” Dahyun admitted, suddenly feeling shy, “I kind of walked in on you… um… embracing her yesterday. That’s why I skipped Games Club,”

 

                “That’s why you—Dahyun I did not embrace Chaeyoung. You can literally ask her. There is nothing going on there. I was holding her back from Momo because she was in a really bad mood and said and did some hurtful things to her,”

 

                “You what—and she’s here? Right now?” Dahyun exclaimed, sitting up in bed quickly, “Let me at her, I’ll kick her right now!”

 

                Mina stepped forward and grabbed Dahyun pulling her into a similar embrace as yesterday, preventing her from chasing after Momo. Mina craned her neck down to Dahyun’s ear before whispering, “See? Nothing romantic about it,”

 

                “I—” Dahyun shuddered as Mina nibbled her ear, “Well when you do that it’s a little less reassuring,”

 

                “Let me reassure you baby, ok?” Mina said leading her back to bed.

 

                “C—can I?” Dahyun said, stopping Mina and causing her to raise her eyebrows.

 

                “I want to hear you screaming my name so loud, Chaeyoung has no doubts who you belong to,”

 

                Mina practically purred in response, “Maybe I like you when you’re a little jealous,”

 

                “Don’t get used to it,”

 

                ~

 

                “Ok, is that everyone?” Coach Kang asked, stepping on the bus and sitting down next to Momo.

 

                “Yep, everyone is checked off and accounted for,” Momo answered back confidently, handing her the clipboard with everyone’s names on it.

 

                Coach Kang looked over the list before looking back at Momo and smiling proudly, “You’re in a lot better of a mood now,” she stated.

 

                “I am, I had a little help,” Momo replied, smiling fondly.

 

                “Medicinal?” Coach Kang asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

                “Mmm, not technically, is there such a thing as an emotional support cat?”

 

                Coach Kang studied Momo’s face for a moment trying to figure out if she was being serious before shaking her head and chuckling, “At this point, if it works, I won’t even question it,”

 

                ~

 

                “We’ll rock paper scissors for it,” Chaeyoung suggested.

 

                “Chaeyoungie, you should just drive Tzu’s car, it’s so nice!” Sana whined.

 

                “My car will get us there just as well! Besides, Tzuyu probably doesn’t want a practical stranger driving her car…” Chaeyoung protested.

 

                “It’s really not a big deal… I’ll be in the back seat,” Tzuyu mumbled.

 

                “I have seat warmers!” Chaeyoung said raising her eyebrows suggestively.

 

                “Bro, no one cares. It’s literally still summer,” Dahyun countered.

 

                “I would just like to go on record saying that I too have seat warmers,” Tzuyu added.

 

                “We get it, your car costs more than my parents’ house,” Chaeyoung retorted.

 

                “I didn’t mean—I just—” Tzuyu spluttered.

 

                “I’m sorry, , I didn’t mean it like that,” Chaeyoung back tracked, “You’re right, we should just take your car,”

 

                “No, it’s fine, your car is roomier,” Tzuyu said.

 

                “Yeah, but your car has a working speaker system,” Chaeyoung replied.

 

                “Guys! Decide or I’m picking and driving!” Sana shouted impatiently.

 

                “My car, your aux?” Tzuyu answered quickly.

 

                “Sounds fair,” Chaeyoung nodded enthusiastically.

 

                “Finally! Let’s go!” Sana exclaimed, picking up her overnight bag and corralling them to the door.

 

                Little did they know that they’d soon come to regret promising Chaeyoung access to the aux cord when the first song she played was “ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT” by Lil Cherry.

 

                ~

 

                Momo arrived at her hotel room and dropped her bag instantly before flopping on the bed.

 

                “Oh… one bed,” Mina observed as she walked in behind her, “That’s… fine,” she began tapping on her phone distractedly.

 

                “I’ve been told I’m an excellent cuddler,” Momo said, her voice muffled by the pillow she was laying face down in.

 

                “So is my girlfriend,” Mina deadpanned.

 

                “Not like that. Like platonically. Sana and I used to cuddle every single night. I have lots of practice,” Momo pouted.

 

                “Yeah, what is Sana’s deal anyway?” Mina asked.

 

                “Chronic Somnambulism, but don’t worry… she’s been better lately with Tzuyu. Now, are you going to cuddle me or not?”

 

                “Well I can’t exactly sleep on the couch,” Mina said eyeing the tiny loveseat in the corner of the room. In all honestly, she had considered it, but it would have been way too small, and she didn’t want her back to kill tomorrow.

 

               ~

 

[22:31] Mina 🐧: Momo keeps trying to cuddle me

                Mina 🐧: Maybe you were right after all

[22:32] Baby 😘: Are you seriously trying to make me jealous again?

                Baby 😘: Because it’s working

[22:33] Mina 🐧: I’ll think of you the whole time

[22:34] Baby 😘: You better

[22:35] Mina 🐧: I’m teasing about Momo btw don’t tell Chaeyoung

[22:36] Baby 😘: … And again, still jealous

[22:37] Mina 🐧: Then come here and make yourself un-jealous 😏

[22:38] Baby 😘: Yes ma’am 😳

 

                ~

 

                When Dahyun woke up, her back was killing her. Momo and Mina’s bed was surprisingly small and she didn’t have the heart to try and move an already sleeping Momo onto the couch when she had an important performance tomorrow.

 

                So Mina and Dahyun talked… and maybe even made out a little bit on the couch before Dahyun told her to get sleep on a real bed because she needed it.

 

                Both dancers were already gone. They had to check in for the competition early even though they weren’t performing until noon. But she didn’t wake up to them moving around, nor did she wake up to her alarm that was still scheduled to go off in 20 minutes, what she woke up to was an incessant pounding on the door.

 

                “Dahyun-ah! Wakey wakey!” Sana called.

 

                “Nothing refuels you after a night of sinning like brunch, come on!” Chaeyoung teased.

 

                “Pssh, Dahyun-ah doesn’t sin, she’s a proper church girl,” Sana retorted.

 

                “That’s not what I heard when I accidentally called them when they were—”

 

                “Yah, Chaeng, shut up! I’m coming!” Dahyun groaned, rubbing her back as she rolled off the couch.

 

                “It’s 2019 Sana,” Tzuyu reminded, “You can’t assume anything anymore,”

 

                When Dahyun opened the door, she was red in the face, but was met with an equally red Sana. Dahyun smirked at the older girl’s chagrin, “So brunch?”

 

                “Yeah—brunch,” Sana quickly agreed.

 

                ~

 

                “Mina I’m starving,” Momo whined, hanging on the younger girl’s shoulder annoyingly.

 

                “I told you to eat before we left, now all that’s left is the crappy café downstairs and that place barely got 2 stars on Yelp,” Mina answered evenly.

 

                They had already checked in and were now waiting for the rest of the teams to check in as well. They didn’t have anywhere to be until noon, so of course all Momo could think about was food.

 

                “Yeah, but I figured you’d get mad at me if I tried to make popcorn and woke up Dahyun,” Momo answered, pouting.

 

                “Popcorn? Why did you—never mind, fine. Let’s just go to the café,” Mina relented, “Hopefully you don’t get the s from whatever thing they try to serve us,”

 

                “Mina, have you even met me? s? I don’t know her. I can eat anything…” Momo said confidently.

.

.

.

                “… but that,” Momo sneered, staring at the disgusting pile of food that could hardly be called meat on her place, “Are you sure this is even edible?” asked as she poked the gelatinous mass.

 

                “That’s it I’m ordering—”

 

                “Momo!” a guy’s voice called from behind them, “Please don’t tell me you’re eating that. One of our members did and had to go back to the hotel because of… geri,” he finished quietly in Japanese, looking both ways suspiciously.

 

                “Yuta!” Momo exclaimed, jumping up from her seat and abandoning her plate, “It’s been too long!”

 

                Mina stood up, following idly behind Momo, tapping away on her phone again.

 

                “You look so good, holy crap! And you finally took my advice to stop killing your scalp with bleach, I see. Here I was expecting to see you bald, baka, I almost didn’t recognize you,” He said playfully, running his fingers through her hair in awe, “It looks so healthy!”

 

                Momo blushed, “Thank you, I grew it myself,”

 

                “Baka, is right,” Mina snorted, only half paying attention.

 

                “Nakamoto Yuta,” He introduced himself, finally noticing the girl behind her and sending her a charming smile.

 

                “Myoui Mina,” She replied, smirking slightly as she made eye contact. His smile wavered.

 

                “MIIIIIINAAAAA,” Dahyun called, clumsily running towards her girlfriend as their group neared the café.

 

                “I—I uhhh—I’ve suddenly got a thing,” He stammered awkwardly before practically running out of the café.

 

                Who was that boy that just had his hands in Momo’s hair? Do I need to be worried? Chaeyoung thought.

 

                “Who’s the dude?” Tzuyu asked, practically reading Chaeyoung’s mind.

 

                “Was that who I think it was, Motang?” Sana asked raising an eyebrow.

 

                “Oh… yeah he was just saying hello,” Momo answered.

 

                “He looks so good, I wonder what he’s up to these days,”

 

                “I never got that far, I’ll have to ask him later,” Momo said.

 

                “Should I be jealous?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                “Nah, he’s Momo’s friend. We both had a crush on him way back when, but he liked her better for whatever reason,”

 

                “Yamete! I’m likable!”

 

                “Yeah dummy, you’re very likable… maybe even too likable,” Chaeyoung said, wrapping her arms protectively around Momo.

 

                “Why is everyone attacking me?” Momo whined, “First the café and now you guys?”

 

                “I ordered delivery,” Mina announced to Momo, sliding her phone back into her pocket.

 

                “Mina is my only friend. She knows my three favourite words!” Momo exclaimed, her expression quickly perking up.

 

                Hmm… are you sure? I can think of three other words that might make you rethink that