Don't trust a HO!

Baggage

                Sana gave in a let go. She lost track of how many beautiful and definitely very gay girls she met that night. She ended up kissing most of them. They didn’t need to know she was only a senior in high school. She met Hyuna, and Hyelim, and Sohee… and they were all wonderful girls… if only Sana could remember them. She met Suzy and Luna and Amber and Eunji and Bomi and Naeun and her head was spinning just to keep all the names in track.

 

                All she could remember was passing out… in what she’d assumed was Jeongyeon’s bedroom upstairs. But where she woke up told a different story.

 

                “Sana! What the ?” Nayeon shouted, causing Sana to jolt up in bed, her head pounding from last night.

 

                “What, what?” She said, massaging her temples and hoping—praying that all of yesterday was just a bad dream.

 

                “Who are they?” She asked, pointing to something behind Sana. She turned around and sure enough, she’d been sandwiched by two completely girls.

 

                “Uhh… I have no idea,” Sana said, wracking her brain for any memory of who these two girls could possibly be.

 

                Just then the bathroom door opened and another girl, clad only in underwear walked out smiling, “Oh, Sana, you’re awake,” she said as she crawled back in bed to kiss her on the cheek.

 

                “Jeongyeon!” Nayeon called worriedly.

 

                Moments later Jeongyeon, dressed in a t-shirt and boxers walked sleepily through the door, “Nayeon what are you doing in my sister’s ro—oh my god!” She said covering her eyes as soon as she noticed what Nayeon was staring at.

 

                “Sana, I think it’s time to go home,” Jeongyeon said without uncovering her eyes.

 

                Sana got up and followed her friends out of the room.

 

                “See you round?” the girl called to Sana, who blushed in response.

 

                “Doubt it,” Nayeon grumbled.

 

                ~

 

                When they got to the bar Chungha and her buddy – who had seemingly adopted one of the freshmen – instantly began taking shots. Tzuyu grabbed a bucket of beers before dragging Mina over to play pool with her. Eunbi and Yerin immediately gravitated to the raised stage and started – completely sober – dancing on each other. Lisa had convinced two tall- freshmen to twerk for her snapchat story. Everyone else was sitting at the bar casually sipping drinks.

 

                “Ok which of your members is most likely to buy me a drink?” Sana asked Momo with a playful smirk.

 

                Momo snorted, “Well, Sooyoungie does have a thing for Cheerleaders I think,” she pointed at the girl with the long brown hair sitting at the bar next to a blonde that looked like she was about to fall asleep, and a girl wearing a bucket hat.

 

                “Gross, perfect,” Sana said before skipping her way over to them.

 

                “Ugh, today has just been… the worst,” Sana groaned as she leaned against the bar, next to Sooyoung.

 

                “Tell me about it, tryouts are always nerve-wracking,” Sooyoung agreed, raising her drink to that, “Sooyoung, Ha Sooyoung,” she introduced herself.

 

                “Sana, just Sana. I can’t even imagine. I mean I was just at cheer practice, stretching and practicing my splits against Jinsoul, I think I may have pulled something,” Sana said rubbing a spot on her inner thigh, “I mean I’m like really flexible, don’t get me wrong… but I swear she’s got no bones,”

 

                Sooyoung’ jaw dropped as she looked unabashedly at where Sana’s hands were still massaging, “Th—that sounds—Can I get you a drink? T—to ease your pain of course,” Sooyoung asked, clearing .

 

                “That would be amazing… vodka soda?” Sana grinned.

 

                “Yeah, of course,” Sooyoung said flagging down the bartender and putting in her order.

 

                “So, you’re a cheerleader?” Sooyoung asked as Sana sipped happily on her cocktail.

 

                “Uh-huh,” she answered politely, even though she didn’t actually care to be talking to her.

 

                “So, you—Oh my God, Jungeunnie, look who just walked in,” Sooyoung said, looking over Sana’s shoulder at the door and smacking her friend on the arm.

 

                The blonde jolted awake suddenly and looked in the direction Sooyoung had indicated, “Holy , is that…” Jungeun trailed off.

 

                “The Lee Sunmi!” Sooyoung exclaimed quietly.

 

                Sana looked over her shoulder at the door before turning back to the girls in front of her and smirking, “Well it was nice knowing you, but I have… other business to attend to at the moment. Thanks for the drink,” She said caressing Sooyoung’s cheek lightly before skipping off.

 

                ~

 

                By the time Sana had made it to Momo who’d crashed on the couch she was smiling triumphantly, like she was a new person. She did it, she hooked up with a girl. Hell, she hooked up with several girls. And she didn’t need Dahyun telling her it was wrong… not when it felt this right.

 

                “What’s up with you?” Momo asked, noticing Sana’s sudden change in demeanor.

 

                “I—” Sana started to say.

 

                “Sana slept with half the field hockey team last night,” Nayeon announced with an air of pride. It might not have been the expected outcome… but their plan worked nonetheless.

 

                “She what?” Jihyo asked, head shooting up from the pile of pillows she was buried under on the opposite couch.

 

                “Yeah you heard it, Sana kissed more than you did last night, Rosamaria,” Nayeon teased.

 

                Jihyo lobbed a pillow at Nayeon who easily ducked out of the way, “I have to get in good with the team if I expect to be on—much more, lead it one day, Bongs. You wouldn’t understand,”

 

                “Captain Jihyo Rosamaria Rodriguez de la Cruz does a nice ring to it,” Jeongyeon teased.

 

                Jihyo sent her a playful glare and Jeongyeon’s finally caved.

 

                “On the real though, you’re still in high school,” Jeongyeon answered seriously, “You don’t have to think about that right now. Most of these girls will be gone by the time you join anyway,”

 

                The front door of the house opened and Moonbyul walked in carrying orange juice in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other, “WHO’S READY TO—oh hey kids, what are you doing here?”

 

                Jihyo groaned and flopped back under the pillows.

 

                “This is my house,” Jeongyeon deadpanned, “Where have you been? You missed the entire party,”

 

                “What? Seungyeon told me the party was this morning?” She said checking her watch, before smirking and reaching to ruffle Jeongyeon’s hair teasingly, “Had an important recital last night… but I’m here now, and ready to rage!”

 

                “Good luck,” Jeongyeon snorted.

 

                “Where is everyone anyway?” She asked.

 

                “I think you’ll find most of them in Seungyeon-Unnie’s room,” Nayeon answered, trying to hold back her laughter.

 

                “Do I want to know?” Moonbyul asked.

 

                “Probably not… let’s just say there was an incident involving half the team last night,” Nayeon grinned mischievously.

 

                “Typical… but I guess that’s what happens when literally the entire team is gay,” Moonbyul sighed.

 

                “Told you,” Jeongyeon hissed at Sana.

 

                Just then the girl from the bedroom earlier started descending the stairs, dressed semi-decently now in a baggy t-shirt. The girl yawned loudly, causing Moonbyul to turn around and notice her.

 

                “Sunmi, what happened last night? Seung’s baby sister and her friends said you guys had an incident or some ?” Moonbyul asked teasingly.

 

                Sunmi scanned the group of teenagers until her eyes landed on Sana, and confusion turning to realization on her face.

 

                “Momo, we gotta go—now,” Sana said grabbing her best friend’s arm and dragging her to the door.

 

                “Wait, I just—” Sunmi called, but the door slammed shut behind them.

 

                ~

 

                “Hey Mina!” a familiar voice called, distracting the girl from the game and causing her to miss an easy shot.

 

                Mina huffed in frustration as Tzuyu smiled triumphantly. She didn’t need the help, she was already totally blowing Mina out of the water. Mina turned around and instantly her frown turned into a smile. Finally, a familiar face!

 

                “Jisoo, what are you doing here?” Mina asked.

 

                “Lisa invited me, just wanted to come say hey to my favorite president,” she said giving Mina a shy side hug.

 

                “Oh, Games Club… right,” Mina said slowly.

 

                “I didn’t know you were on the dance team. Aren’t club meetings going to be a conflict with practice?” Jisoo asked.

 

                “I can’t believe I forgot about that!” Mina exclaimed.

 

                “Forgot about what?” Tzuyu asked, coming around the table to join them.

 

                “Dance practice is going to conflict with Games Club now. I’m the President of Games Club, I can’t miss the meetings! But Chungha would kill me if I don’t go to practice,” Mina cried.

 

                “Just talk to Moderator Son, she’s really relaxed, she’ll probably allow you to change meeting times,” Jisoo suggested.

 

                “Yeah, and then people on the field hockey team would be able to go too,” Tzuyu replied encouragingly.

 

                Mina looked up to Tzuyu excitedly, “You’ll join?”

 

                “If you’re able to switch the meeting times, yeah sure,” She answered, “I mean… I am pretty good at this game. It’d be a shame to waste this talent,”

 

                “I’ll talk to Moderator Son tomorrow!” Mina said excitedly.

 

                ~

 

                “Coach Kang, does Coach Bae know you’re out with the Lee Sunmi tonight?” Sana asked.

 

                “Yes, as a matter of fact—wait, that’s none of your business,” Coach Kang snapped at the meddlesome cheerleader.

 

                Sunmi laughed melodically, “Minatozaki Sana, it’s been too long,” she said, giving the girl a side hug.

 

                “I didn’t know you had a thing for women your age?” Sana teased.

 

                Coach Kang’s jaw dropped, “I’m not—we’re not—” she spluttered.

 

                “We’re not together,” Sunmi stated casually, “And she’s not my age. I’m still your unnie, right Seul?” she added with a smirk. Coach Kang just blushed but wasn’t able to say a word.

 

                “Oh my God, I’m so sorry Coach Kang, Sunmi-ssi, I’ll take her from you,” Momo apologized, mortified, dragging Sana away from the older women.

 

                “What the hell is wrong with you?” Momo exclaimed.

 

                “Sunmi is still kinda hot, isn’t she?” Sana asked, not taking her eyes off the woman.

 

                “Yeah, and like the dance team’s biggest sponsor. Please don’t this up for us,” Momo pleaded.

 

                “Ugh, fine… I wasn’t going to do anything anyway. I’ve got my eye on someone else tonight anyway,” Sana sighed wistfully.

 

                ~

 

                “You slept with Sunmi? Like the Lee Sunmi? The captain of the uni dance team Lee Sunmi?” Momo asked incredulously.

 

                “I guess so,” Sana threw up her hands in exasperation.

 

                “God, she’s like my idol. Is she as talented in bed as she is in the studio and on the field?” Momo asked.

 

                “I don’t know,” Sana answered.

 

                “You don’t know?” Momo questioned.

 

                “I don’t remember,” Sana admitted.

 

                “So… not that good?” Momo pressed.

 

                “No—I don’t know!” Sana said in frustration, “I don’t remember because I out last night Momo, but she was kissing me this morning, so I guess it went well?”

 

                “Damn… I wish I could have been there,” Momo said slowly, “Wait—I mean not with you… like instead of you… actually never mind, no I don’t. Field hockey players aren’t my type,”

 

                “Except Lee Sunmi,” Sana pointed out.

 

                “Except Lee Sunmi,” Momo agreed, sighing, “But she’s everyone’s type,”

 

                ~

 

                Tzuyu tipped the last beer into as she leaned in to the pool table, “Corner pocket,” She said, putting down her beer so she could aim better and shoot the eight ball… successfully into the corner pocket, “That’s three games to zero Myoui,”

 

                “I never claimed to be good at pool, Tzuyu. You dragged me over here,” Mina grumbled, “Give me a Mortal Kombat or Mario Kart video game and I’d kick your in a heartbeat though,”

 

                “I’m just saying… good thing we weren’t betting anything, or you’d owe me,” Tzuyu chuckled, crossing her arms behind her head lazily.

 

                “This round on me then?” Mina asked, eyeing Tzuyu’s empty beer bucket.

 

                “I thought you’d never ask,” Tzuyu said, her face lighting up at the promise of free drinks.

 

                “I know how to take a hint,” Mina grumbled before grabbing her purse and sliding next to Momo by the bar.

 

                ~

  

                “Momo let me buy you a drink,” Mina said as Momo coincidentally drained her cocktail.

 

                Momo eyed her empty drink guiltily before responding, “You don’t have to do that,” Momo answered.

 

                “I want to. Thank you so much for giving me a chance… but I just want to know, was Dahyun really that bad?”

 

                “Yeah… maybe, I—I don’t know,” Momo answered, “She was… entertaining,” Momo chuckled bitterly.

 

                “Why did you let Chungha say those nasty things to her?” Mina questioned innocently.

 

                Momo sighed deeply before asking the question that had been on her mind for some time now, “Mina what are you and Dahyun?”

 

                “We’re friends,” Mina deadpanned. Why was everyone so concerned about her and Dahyun’s relationship. Dahyun was her best friend!

 

                “That’s it?” Momo pressed.

 

                “Best friends?” Mina asked, confused at what Momo was trying to get at.

 

                “Are you sure?” Momo asked narrowing her eyes.

 

                “Ok I kind of really like her and I don’t know what to do,” Mina blurted out before covering with her hand. Where did that come from? She’d never admitted that to anyone before. Not even herself.

 

                “My advice? Do nothing. Leave her alone.” Momo answered pessimistically, taking Mina by surprise.

 

                “Wait why?” Mina questioned. First Chaeyoung and now Momo? Mina had never heard anything bad about Dahyun until now and suddenly everyone had something to say about it.

 

                Momo sighed deeply again, “I really don’t know if I should be the one to tell you this, but she and Sana have history. Not good history. So just like… don’t invest your heart too much. She kind of… really hurt Sana and I would hate for her to do the same thing to you,”

 

                “How?” That would explain why Dahyun acted so weird when they ran into Sana that morning. But that didn’t explain her history with Chaeyoung. Were they somehow connected? She needed more information.

 

                “I—you’ll have to ask her that. It’s really not my place,” Momo answered uncomfortably.

 

                “Ok,” Mina answered quietly, the same answer Chaeyoung gave her. Maybe she should take their advice… but maybe after some more alcohol, “Uhh should we take shots then?”

 

                “After that… Definitely,”

 

                Mina waved Tzuyu over and the three of them began pounding back shot after shot of soju together.

 

                ~

 

                “Why are you following me? I’m going home. I don’t need a buddy anymore,” Tzuyu asked, every time she turned a corner Sana was there. Still behind her. She had to be following her, at this point it could no longer be considered a coincidence.

 

                “I’m not following you,” She answered simply, “Can’t we both just be headed in the direction that you’re headed?”

 

                “Ok, that didn’t make any sense,” Tzuyu huffed, “Stop following me,”

 

                “I’m not following you,” Sana persisted.

 

                “I’ll ask you one more time before I try a different approach,” Tzuyu said, stopping on a dime and leaning over Sana threateningly, “Why are you following me? You don’t look like the mugging type,”

 

                “Gimme all your money, pew, pew,” Sana joked, doing finger guns.

 

                Tzuyu didn’t laugh.

 

                “Fine, what if I said it was because you’re cute,” Sana said standing up on her tippy toes so her face was mere centimeters from Tzuyu’s. Tzuyu instantly leaned back away from Sana.

 

                “No, uh-uh, not working,” she said turning around and continuing to walk determinedly away from Sana. Sana was bad news, she had to remind herself. Even if she did look so damn cute tonight.

 

                “Hmm… then I guess I’ll just stick to my original story: I’m not following you,” she replied, giggling.

 

                … and so damn annoying.

 

                Tzuyu stopped walking in front of her apartment complex and the girl did the same, eyeing her intently.

 

                “Don’t look,” Tzuyu said as she punched in her code, trying her best to block Sana’s view with her other hand.

 

                “I’m not looking,” Sana giggled once more.

 

                The door beeped and Tzuyu walked in. Sana caught the door and followed after her, “Rude of you not to hold the door for me,”

 

                “I thought you weren’t following me,” Tzuyu countered.

 

                “I’m not… but it’s still rude,” Sana persisted.

 

                Tzuyu stopped once more and turned around to face Sana, “Ok look, I’m about to get in this elevator and go all the way up to the top floor and if I don’t see you press another button, I’ll know your stalking me,”

 

                “Ooohh, the top floor,” Sana’s eyes sparkled with intrigue, “I’ve always wanted to see the top floor. Do you live alone?”

 

                “Not happening,” Tzuyu said as the elevator dinged, and she got aboard.

 

                Sana followed her.

 

                “What floor?” Tzuyu asked, finger hovering over the buttons.

 

                “Top floor,” Sana answered.

 

                “No, seriously. I know you don’t live there. I only have one neighbor and she’s got pink hair… so either admit you're following me or tell me your real floor,”

 

                “Ok, now I’m following you. So will you show me the top floor?” Sana said leaning forward and pressing the button instead.

 

                Tzuyu sighed in annoyance, massaging her temples, “Fine, but then you’re going back to… wherever it is that you came from,”

 

                Sana smiled excitedly at Tzuyu, having finally gotten her desired answer.

 

                ~

 

                Momo was leaving the bar, after an unsuccessful night of trying to celebrate the new team… she couldn’t get Son Chaeyoung off her mind. So that’s probably why Momo thought she saw her exiting the subway tunnel at two in the morning. Her face was mostly covered by a cap pulled low and a face mask, but her signature leather jacket was unmistakable.

 

                Momo shook her head, thinking that maybe she was just hallucinating and when she righted, she’d be gone… but she wasn’t. She was still very much there, walking in the opposite direction down the street.

 

                “YAH!” Momo howled into the night, “Son Chaeyoung, I got something to say to you!” she slurred.

 

                The girl in the leather jacket didn’t stop… in fact she did the opposite, she started running.

 

                Bad idea. Momo loved to run. Drunk Momo loved to chase.

 

                She quickly caught up to Chaeyoung and tackled her to the ground. The girl struggled and kicked blindly at Momo.

 

                “Stop it, stop it! Jesus, relax Chaeng,” Momo shouted, and Chaeyoung finally relaxed and looked up at Momo.

 

                “I don’t have your drugs, Momo,” Chaeyoung growled, eyeing Momo suspiciously.

 

                “Oh yeah? What’d you do with them?” Momo asked cocking her head in curiosity.

 

                “Nothing, it’s at my apartment,” She answered slowly, narrowing her eyes, “I don’t just carry drugs on me all the time Momo,”

 

                “Oh, good,” Momo answered looking away.

 

                “Why are you out this late?” Chaeyoung asked, taking the face mask and cap off so Momo could fully see her face, and shifting to sit more relaxed position.

 

                “I’m drunk,” Momo answered, punctuating the sentence with a hiccup.

 

                “I can see that,” Chaeyoung deadpanned.

 

                “Had a rough day,” Momo continued.

 

                “Tell me about it,” Chaeyoung grumbled in solidarity.

 

                “Well, first of all someone left my texts hanging this morning which made me feel sad, and then my friends tell me they found that same someone’s adorably doodled-up notebook in the makeout bathroom… so I guess I know why Chaeyoung blew me off. It still felt kinda ty,” Momo rambled, her eyes were closed, and she was leaning her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder comfortably.

 

                Chaeyoung blinked in surprise at how open Momo was being with her right now. It had to be the alcohol talking.

 

                “Uhh… Momo, I didn’t make out with anyone in the bathroom, I was meeting up with… an old friend,” she explained, looking down at her paint-stained fingers that she had been fidgeting with nervously.

 

                “You didn’t?” Momo said, following Chaeyoung’s eyes and noticing her painted and bruised knuckles. She wondered what could have caused them.

 

                “Yeah, and I was going to ditch to meet up with you, but we got into this altercation and I—” Chaeyoung couldn’t finish her thought because Momo had gently pressed her lips onto hers.

 

                Momo broke away almost as soon as she’d kissed her, smiling shyly, “I’m sorry if I—”

 

                “D—do you want to go back to my apartment, a—and I can give you your weed?” Chaeyoung stuttered.

 

                ~

 

[01:11] Mina 🐧: Dahyunnnnnie aru awak

                Mina 🐧: Cab youpick me up?

[Read at 01:14 by K. Dahyun]

[01:16] Mina 🐧: Dahyunnnie

                Mina 🐧: I’m

                Mina 🐧: drubk

[01:17] K. Dahyun: Why don’t you have Momo take you home?

                K. Dahyun: Since you like her so much.

                K. Dahyun: Or call your cat café bff Chaeyoung. I’m sure she’s awake right now.

[01:18] Mina 🐧: Can I ca u?

[Missed call from Mina 🐧]

[01:19] K. Dahyun: No Mina, I’m trying to sleep

[01:19] Mina 🐧: Momo wenr hone with Chaeyuong

[01:23] K. Dahyun: Where’s Tzuyu?

[01:24] Mina 🐧: Sge went home woth Saomeone too

                Mina 🐧: I’m alllaone

[01:30] K. Dahyun: Fine

                K. Dahyun: I’m on my way

                K. Dahyun: Wait outside for me

[01:32] Mina 🐧: I love you

[Read by K. Dahyun 01:32]

 

                ~

 

                “We’re here,” Tzuyu said when they stepped out of the elevator into the hallway, “Top floor, happy now?”

 

                “Wow the view of the hallway is gorgeous from here,” Sana marveled in mock impression.

 

                Tzuyu scoffed, shifting her weight, but not making any moves to indicate which of the two doors on this floor was hers.

 

                “Oh come on 25, you brought me all the way up here with the promise of a top floor view and you’re just going to leave me here to probably stumble down the stairs to my death,” Sana said dramatically, tripping over her feet as if on cue.

 

                Tzuyu caught her before she could hit the ground and met her eyes, was Sana really drunk enough that she couldn’t get home? She doubted it. Sana was dangerous, she had to be careful… but the alcohol was making her brain fuzzy.

 

                Tzuyu shrugged, “You’re the one who wanted to see it… I didn’t promise anything,” she said with what she hoped was enough resolve to do the trick, “I—I’m not supposed to get involved with you,”

 

                “Fine, if you’re really that scared of a rumour, that you won’t even let me into your apartment I’ll just go,” Sana said sadly as she turned to call the elevator.

 

                “Wait,” Tzuyu called, “Wh—what rumour?”

 

                Sana laughed bitterly, “They didn’t even tell you and you’re already this scared of me? I had to have done something wrong then?”

 

                “I—no, I’m not scared of you, I just—that’s different,” Tzuyu said, “Why does everyone think I should be afraid of you though?”

 

                “Tell you what, you invite me in—to see the view—we can go straight to the balcony, I promise I won’t like lock myself in your room or whatever you’re expecting—and I’ll tell you the truth. The whole, real truth, that no one, not even Momo fully knows,” Sana sighed tiredly.

 

                The elevator dinged behind her signaling its arrival. Tzuyu searched her eyes for any ill intention or lies but could fine none.

 

                “Come on, I’m 2902,” She said taking Sana’s hand and leading the way.

 

                ~

 

                When they got to Chaeyoung’s apartment Momo was taken aback. She hadn’t expected a drug dealer’s apartment to be so… nice? There wasn’t a single space on the walls that wasn’t covered in some expensive or abstract looking art. To call Chaeyoung a bit of an art hoe would have been an understatement. Momo wondered how she could afford all of this… Business must be good.

 

                Chaeyoung walked through and gestured at the kitchen table for Momo to sit, “You can just like wait here if you want… help yourself to anything in the fridge. I’ve got like waters and stuff in there if you’re thirsty,” Chaeyoung said before disappearing into her room.

 

                Momo debated following after her, but Chaeyoung had just offered her the fridge… bad idea. Chaeyoung didn’t know that drunk Momo could and would eat literally anything in sight. And there was a plate of delicious looking brownies in Chaeyoung’s fridge that were calling out to her name.

 

                When Chaeyoung returned she dropped the bag and her eyes widened in surprise, “Jesus, Momo how many brownies did you eat?”

 

                “Uhh… all of them?” Momo replied guiltily.

 

                “Ohhh boy,” Chaeyoung exhaled deeply.

 

                “I don’t feel so good,” Momo groaned suddenly.

 

                ~

 

[04:20] E>: I miss you baby

                E>: When are you coming back to me?

                [Image Attached]

                E>: Do you miss this?