Tzuyu gets a CHEER UP

Baggage

​​​​​                “Good morning Sleepy Cub,” Momo greeted Chaeyoung as she blinked her bleary eyes awake.

 

                Chaeyoung instantly smiled once her eyes focused and she realized it was Momo that was cuddled next to her speaking. Last night had been unreal—something out of a fairy tale… well aside from getting arrested. She got her knight in shining armour (Momo), the promise of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (the scholarship), and… well—she got to hook up with Hirai Momo (an actual goddess). She caught Momo’s eyes flickering to her lips quickly before snapping back up to her eyes.

 

                Same, Chaeyoung thought. Momo actually stayed this time, it seemed like things were beginning to look up for them. Chaeyoung stretched and let out a yawn, and her eyes widened in surprise when she noticed Momo was now shirtless. When did that happen? Look away, look away! She quickly reminded herself, not wanting Momo to feel uncomfortable. Aside from the initial shock, her body felt fully regenerated, last night was probably one of the best nights of sleep she’d ever had. No waking up in a panic, worrying about a minor detail she needed to fix at the subway station. No late night painting.

 

                Momo cupped her cheek and turned her face back to look at her with a playful smirk on her lips, “Did you sleep well?” she asked, practically reading her mind.

 

                “I—” Chaeyoung started.

 

                “Well my back is—Oh hey Chaeyoung, glad Momo finally took my advice,” Sana said, sitting up from her position on the floor next to Momo’s bed and noticing the younger girl.

 

                Chaeyoung let out a startled cry and hid under the covers. Momo shot Sana an angry glare, “Sana what the hell!”

 

                “You said you’d fix the locks, it’s not my fault!!” Sana whined, “And besides I had a rough night last night… I needed some extra cuddles,”

 

                “Doesn’t look like you got any if where you woke up is any indication,” Momo chuckled.

 

                Chaeyoung hesitantly peeked her head out from under the covers, her face was red with embarrassment, “Sorry… sometimes I kick in my sleep,”

 

                Momo swatted her teasingly, “Don’t apologize Chaeyoung, she literally tried to join us in bed last night,”

 

                “It wasn’t until after we were already fell asleep though… and she did say she just needed extra cuddles after a rough night,” Chaeyoung reasoned quietly.

 

                Momo groaned, flopping onto her back in defeat, as Chaeyoung comfortingly traced patterns on her exposed stomach.

 

                Sana squealed with delight taking that as an invitation back into the bed. She practically jumped on to the cub and wrapped her arms tightly around her from the back, “I approve, Momo, I approve! Please date her!” Normal people valued personal space… but normal people weren’t Sana.

 

                “We should still probably fix that lock though… just in case,” Chaeyoung added, blushing once again.

 

                ~

 

                “Chaeng, do you want coffee?” Sana offered her fresh pot to her.

 

                “Ooh, don’t mind if I do!” Chaeyoung said excitedly, pouring herself a glass.

 

                “Is Rosé driving you to school this morning?” Chaeyoung asked conversationally after her first sip. There wasn’t a hint of bitterness in her voice… unlike the coffee. It wasn’t as good as she was getting used to, and she must have made a face because Momo chuckled at her. The older pulled her into her lap and rested her head on her shoulder. Chaeyoung offered her a sip, but she quickly refused.

 

                “Well yesterday we rode with Tzuyu, but Momo never rides with Rosé so I would venture to say whether or not Tzuyu offers again you’re probably safe from Rosé in that respect,”

 

                “How are you guys? You said last night was rough?” Momo asked, as she snuggled tighter into Chaeyoung’s neck.

 

                “I think we’re fine… or we should be today,” Sana said, she had a far away look in her eyes, “She kept refusing to kiss and cuddle me last night, claiming that it was our first date and that wasn’t proper first date etiquette, but I’m hoping now that we’re past that I will be able to live on unhindered,”

 

                “Uh oh,” Momo groaned knowingly.

 

                “You know how I get when people refuse my kisses and cuddles,” Sana whined.

 

                “Awww Sana, I’ll kiss and cuddle you,” Chaeyoung answered, puckering her lips and leaning towards her dramatically.

 

                “Hey, no!” Momo protested, pulling Chaeyoung back tight against her chest, “I want you to kiss and cuddle me,” she said as she pressed a kiss to her cheek and then shoulder.

 

                Did Momo just say she wants to be exclusive? Did I hear that right? Almost? Maybe? Maybe I should pretend flirt with Sana more oft—“oof” Chaeyoung grunted as she was pulled out of her thoughts by Sana throwing herself into her lap and totally squishing Momo underneath her.

 

                She began pressing tiny kisses all over Chaeyoung’s struggling face and hugging her tightly.

 

                “Too late Motang, she’s mine now!” Sana laughed maniacally.

 

                There was a knock on the door and suddenly Tzuyu walked in, “Hey did you guys need—oh hey Chaeyoung,”

 

                Sana quickly pulled away and ran to Tzuyu, throwing her arms around the taller girl instead, “See what you made me do? I’m so deprived I had to kiss Momo’s girlfriend instead,” she whined.

 

                Tzuyu just rolled her eyes, “Do you guys need a ride?” she directed the question at Chaeyoung and Momo since Sana had clearly already made up her mind.

 

                “Yes!” Momo said instantly, “Chaeng, just wait till you see her car, you’re gonna die,”

 

                It didn’t go unnoticed in Chaeyoung’s mind that Momo didn’t deny when Sana called her Momo’s girlfriend… maybe she didn’t hear? But then again, Chaeyoung heard and she didn’t exactly deny it either.

 

                ~

 

[12:57] My Cub 💘: hey totally random question, but how do you change someone’s contact name?

[12:58] Sugar Mommy 💲💲: I don’t know on iPhone… I have the superior Android

                Sugar Mommy 💲💲: Why? Is someone getting an upgrade? 😍

[12:59] My Cub 💘: crap

                My Cub 💘: uhhh no reason

                My Cub 💘: i’m going to downgrade Somi once i figure out though 😡

[13:00] Sugar Mommy 💲💲: 😂

 

                ~

 

                Somi showed up to her first practice since her injury in a polycarbonate face mask and everyone began teasing her about it.

 

                She growled in response, ripping off the mask and tossing it by the bench, “Shut up, Chaeyoung told me I have to wear it… but like, could it be any more ing embarrassing?”

 

                Ryujin grabbed her face to get a closer look, “Look at that tooth! It’s back like magic,”

 

                “Aish, Ryujin!” Somi recoiled in pain, “And it’s called going to the dentist, which you should probably do,” she said waving her hand in front of her nose and chuckling.

 

                “Yah come and say that to my face!” Ryujin threatened.

 

                “I think she just did…” Hyunjin teased, shoving Ryujin playfully.

 

                “Yeah Ryujin, how much closer to your face could she get?” Yuna snorted, doubling over in laughter.

 

                Ryujin surged forward and pushed Yuna over while she was already unbalanced, and she fell on her bottom, pouting up at Ryujin with her arms crossed over her chest.

 

                “Ryujin, Hyunjin, quit messing around and start passing!” Jihyo called, appearing out of the locker room. This time it was Somi’s turn to laugh.

 

                “I literally breathed!” Hyunjin groaned.

 

                ~

 

                “Somi put that mask back on right this instant!” Chaeyoung shouted from her perch in the bleachers.

 

                Somi grumbled curses as she muttered under her breath, “How can she even see that far to tell I’m not wearing it?”

 

                “Probably because she’s looking through the zoomed lens of the camera,” Yeri pointed at her friend in the stands who was in fact looking through her camera.

 

                Somi put on a dramatic grimace and rolled her eyes for the camera. Chaeyoung put it down and shot Somi a pout.

 

                “Come on, you want to make yearbook or not,” Yeri said pinching Somi’s cheek and pulling upwards to try and force a smile.

 

                “Yah! Let go! That hurts!” Somi cried out, swatting away at Yeri’s hands.

 

                “You wouldn’t be having this problem if you were wearing your mask,” Yeri teased, as she raised her shoulder to shield herself from Somi’s barrage of beatings.

 

                ~

 

                Jeongyeon had been working at the hospital after classes. She was a scribe part time for one of the physicians here – Nayeon’s dad to be specific, she had set her up with the job. Only, she didn’t find out that Nayeon’s dad was out today until she was already there, so they had assigned Jeongyeon to help one of the pediatrics doctors instead. They walked into their last patient for the day’s room and it was a child with a large laceration on his knee, screaming as his mother tried to calm him down.

 

                Here we go again, she thought. Did she mention she didn’t really like kids? “Hello, my name is Jeongyeon, what’s your name,” she said crouching down to talk to the kid.

 

                “D—Dohyon,” He whimpered.

 

                Jeongyeon looked up to his mother for confirmation and she nodded.

 

                “What did you do to yourself kiddo?” She asked.

 

                “I—I was running at the playground and I tripped on some rocks,” He sniffled.

 

                Again, the mother nodded along, “And where did you fall?” Jeongyeon asked patiently.

 

                “On the c—concrete!” He bawled.

 

                “He fell on his left knee, they tried to stop the bleeding the best they could, but the school nurse advised us that he would need stitches,”

 

                “I see, thank you ma’am,” Jeongyeon said to the mother before turning back to the kid. She knew this was going to be difficult. Kids hate needles, that’s just a fact of life.

 

                The doctor began readying his materials behind them and sure enough Dohyon’s eyes widened in terror before he turned and hid in his mother’s chest, death grip on her arm. She wished Nayeon were here. She loved kids and always had such a calming effect on them, and for that Jeongyeon was jealous. She would know what to do right now to ease the kid’s fears.

 

                That’s it. Nayeon!

 

                “Do you like Miniforce?” Jeongyeon asked, an idea suddenly forming in her head. She had always teased Nayeon for resembling the character Anna from Miniforce.

 

                He slowly turned his head back to Jeongyeon before nodding shyly.

 

                “What if we watched an episode on your mom’s phone right now? Do you think that you would like that?”

 

                He nodded again as the mother took out her phone and allowed Jeongyeon to look up an episode on YouTube. The kid turned and leaned into Jeongyeon instead as he became entranced by the show. Jeongyeon stiffened initially, but quickly relaxed as she realized it wasn’t so bad. After that, the doctor was able to numb and suture the wound with little problem. Since the kid had decided to latch onto her, Jeongyeon had a good view and was able to watch in fascination as the doctor diligently sewed up the wound. After he finished and left, the mother thanked her profusely, apologizing for the kid which Jeongyeon instantly told her she didn’t mind at all.

 

                When it was time for Jeongyeon to say goodbye to the kid he didn’t want to let go of her. She smiled fondly at the kid as his mother pried his hands off. He really was a sweet kid. Maybe Nayeon had a few points about wanting to have kids after all.

 

                Though it may have taken her a little longer than usual to get out of that appointment she was proud of what she’d been able to accomplish, and the doctor was impressed as well. He thanked her for the great idea and a job well done and said she could head home for the day.

 

                She looked down at her watch and had to choke back an expletive because she was still in front of the doctor. She thanked him and said goodbye as she ran to the changing rooms to change from her scrubs. She was going to be late for practice again!!

 

                ~

 

                Jeongyeon jogged into practice ten minutes late. Jihyo shot her a look of concern but didn’t make her run a lap. Well, that’s a good sign at least.

 

                “You ok?” Jihyo asked, as they started drills.

 

                “Yeah, I’m sorry I’m late again, I was dealing with a kid getting sutures at the hospital,”

 

                “Yikes… that’s rough,” Jihyo winced.

 

                “It actually wasn’t so bad,” Jeongyeon said as she looked up at Nayeon addressing the cheerleaders in the bleachers, “I’m starting to think that maybe I could see myself having a little booger one day,”

 

                “Gross, whipped,” Jihyo teased, “I’m so not ready to have kids,”

 

                “Well duh, you’ve still got a year left of college… Nayeon practically begs me to put a baby in her everyday. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve had to remind her that we’re gay and I can’t just easily do that,”

 

                Jihyo snorted, “No way… are you serious?”

 

                “On God, Jihyo, I’m telling you she’s obsessed with kids,”

 

                “Why don’t you find a donor? If you do in vitro, then you could literally physically put a baby inside her,” Jihyo suggested.

 

                “Well, I kind wanted to propose before we got that far…” Jeongyeon said, looking nervously at her feet as she jogged.

 

                “Jeong! What are you waiting for then!?” Jihyo exclaimed, “If you’re both ready, why wait?”

 

                “Well to be honest I’ve had the ring for a couple months now because I wanted to be sure I could do it before med school, but I wanted to make sure I had your approval first. I needed us to be back on good terms again. If Nayeon can make me wait to start dating her for you, I can make her wait to be my wife for you,” Jeongyeon joked, but Jihyo could tell that she was actually nervous.

 

                “Jeongyeon…” Jihyo said, slowing down to a full stop so she could look her friend in the eyes, “I approve, of course! Marry her!”

 

                ~

 

                “Alright ladies, let’s work on our player-specific cheers today,” Nayeon announced, “Anyone have any ideas?”

 

                “Sowonce, Sotwice, our goalie isn’t nice! If you try to get past, she’ll make you eat grass, and laugh about it like it’s funny. Go Sowonnie!” Eunha suggested.

 

                “Nice one!” Nayeon said, typing it down on her phone.

 

                “2Jin’s mean! They’ll give you hell! Double team with a shared brain cell!” Lia suggested.

 

                “Savage,” Jinsoul said leaning down and fist bumping the usually quiet freshman.

 

                “T-Star, T-Star, give em heat! With her eyes on the ball she can’t be beat!” Jiwoo said before giggling loudly.

 

                “That’s hilarious,” Nayeon said before clearing and shooting Sana a look, but the blonde remained quiet, “But maybe not the best in game cheer for her,” she finished, not bothering to type that one in.

 

                “Jennie, Jennie, knock ‘em dead, after the game I’ll give you head!” Rosé shouted.

 

                “Ok, we’re definitely not using that one,” Coach Bae deadpanned, and Rosé pouted.

 

                “What about, Jennie’s got skill she doesn’t need luck, after the game—”

 

                “—STOP—no. No more from you Rosé,” Coach Bae interjected.

 

                “Hustle, Hustle, again, again, again! Haseul, Haseul, win, win, win!” Choerry shouted excitedly.

 

                “That’s so cute,” Eunha replied, patting the youngest’s head proudly.

 

                “Soyeon’s tiny, but she can fight. Mess with our team and a just might!” Yuqi suggested.

 

                “Not bad, needs censoring if we’re actually going to use it,” Nayeon hummed as she typed it down, nonetheless.

 

                “Yo Hyo, Hyo, and a bottle of rum, Captain Park won’t stop till the job is done!” Jinsoul practically rapped.

 

                “Ooohh clever, I like that,” Nayeon smirked.

 

                “Doyeon’s got visuals, yeah we’ve noticed you staring…” Elly started.

 

                “And Yeri’s ball handling has got you swearing…” Sooyoung added.

 

                “Our right wings are like chimaek, the ultimate pairing!” They finished together.

 

                “Oooh I love chimaek, can we go out for it after?” Rosé asked, her stomach rumbling.

 

                “We’re not done yet! Nayeon you haven’t said one, what you got?” Coach Bae asked.

 

                ~

 

                “Jeong!” Tzuyu shouted, sprinting forward after Jeongyeon dropped back for a pass, “I’ve got this!” she said before cutting across to open herself up for a pass.

 

                ~

 

                “Jeong’s got brains, and she’s hot too, if you come for her, I’ll kill you,” Nayeon said, and everyone froze looking at her with concern, “I’m kidding, ‘Jeong’s a genius on and off the pitches, but if you get in her way you’ll end up with stitches,’”

 

                “And Sana?” Coach Bae prompted.

 

                “Tzuyu, Tzuyu, our Taiwanese goddess, pass her the ball because we know that she’s got this,” Sana shouted, and for a second Tzuyu forgot where she was as she stopped running and looked up at Sana cheering her name.

 

[CRACK!]

 

                The last thing she remembered was how Sana looked like an angel as she crumpled to the ground and everything went black.

 

                ~

 

                Sana jumped to action as soon as Tzuyu went down, practically vaulting over the fence that surrounded the stands where the cheerleaders stood. She knew she’d ed up, she should have known from Jiwoo’s cheer earlier and Nayeon’s cheer just before that Tzuyu getting distracted was not only likely, but could have serious consequences. The Athletic Trainer ran to the field, putting on gloves as he ran. He beat her to Tzuyu and was by her side along with Jihyo. The Athletic Trainer shouted something that didn’t make any sense to Sana, and Coach Moon was running towards the locker rooms.

 

                He immediately checked her vitals, and she was still breathing, but she had a gnarly laceration on her forehead. Jeongyeon had seen enough injuries working at the ER to know how this would go. It was definitely going to need stitches, and they would have to screen her for a concussion if--no--when she regained consciousness.

 

                There was blood, so much blood. Someone was screaming… if Tzuyu was screaming that’s a good sign that her airways, breathing, and circulation are working right? Sana thought.

 

                “Sana, stop screaming!” Jeongyeon commanded, grabbing her around her middle and dragging her away, “They need space,” Sana refused to look away though.

 

                Sana threw her hands over to try and stop the noise that was escaping it and she realized, Tzuyu wasn’t screaming. Tzuyu wasn’t moving or responding. It had been her that was screaming.

 

                When Coach Moon returned, she had the Spine Board and Cervical Collar. Jihyo had activated EMS under the instruction of the Athletic Trainer and now they were having to attempt to log roll Tzuyu onto the spine board.

 

                 “Tzuyu!” Sana couldn’t help but scream again.

 

                “Sana, stop!” Jeongyeon said grabbing Sana’s face and forcing her to look away, at her face instead, “Breathe,”

 

                Sana was sobbing, she was scared. She didn’t know what was going to happen to Tzuyu. All of these things she was seeing were very scary. She finally found the strength to grip into Jeongyeon’s practice jersey and bury her head in her shoulder as the tears flowed uncontrollably. It’s all my fault, Sana thought.

 

                “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Jeongyeon kept mumbling over and over as she was Sana’s back soothingly. She had to admit, she was scared too, Tzuyu was seriously injured and it was all her fault. Head injuries were pretty common in field hockey, this was the second one they’ve had this season and its barely the second week of school. Chaeyoung was smart to tell Somi to wear a face mask. Concussions are dangerous and debilitating. She had half a mind to get herself a facemask. She didn’t want anything to get in the way of her chances of passing the MCAT.

 

                ~

 

[19:40] My Knight: What’s your favorite food? 🍓🍑🍖🍗🍜🍱🍣🍥🍕🍚🍙🍢

[19:41] My Cub 💘: i’m not picky

[19:42] My Knight: And I love that about you, but I need you to pick because I’m coming over and bringing you food right now

[19:43] My Cub 💘: uhhh right now?

[19:44] My Knight: Yeah, is that alright?

My Knight: I hope you’re hungry

[19:45] My Cub 💘: yeah, that sounds amazing

My Cub 💘: but uh my roommate is home and she’s kinda weird about certain stuff so we just have to be quiet

[19:46] My Knight: Oh I forgot you have a roommate now

[19:47] My Cub 💘: yeah she just moved in 😐

[19:48] My Knight: Well I can’t wait to meet her. I’ll be on my best behavior I promise

My Knight: Now what food do you want?

[19:49] My Cub 💘: ok…

My Cub 💘: can you bring pizza?

[19:50] My Knight: 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

               

                ~

 

                “Hey, heads up Dub, I’m—holy crap you dyed your hair blue!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, instantly losing her train of thought.

 

                Dahyun chuckled, admiring her new dark blue locks, “Yeah, I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone, what do you think?”

 

                “I love it! It looks so bad !” Chaeyoung said in awe.

 

                “Thanks, that’s what I was hoping for,”

 

                Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, “Why the sudden change, Dub?”

 

                “I’ve been thinking about starting my rebellious phase now since I never had one in high school,” She answered blushing a little bit.

 

                “Now? Are you sure?”

 

                “Yeah, I’m sure… will you help me?”

 

                “I thought you’d never ask!” and when Chaeyoung said that, she really meant it. Never in her life did she think Kim Dahyun would be asking her to help her go through a rebellious phase. She was ecstatic to say the least.

 

                ~

 

                Tzuyu woke up to an enormous headache and an annoying steady beeping noise. She tried to move her right hand, but found her arm practically chained in place by wires and an IV. She finally took her left hand and brought it to the throbbing in her head, “Ah, ,” she winced as her hand met bandages.

 

                “Oh my God, you’re awake,” Sana exclaimed, jumping to her feet instantly. Her voice sounded adorably hoarse and Tzuyu wondered if maybe she was getting sick.

 

                “Wha—what happened? Are you an angel?” Tzuyu said looking around in confusion, her brow furrowing when she discovered the source of that repetitive beeping that was the machine monitoring her heart rate and the gorgeous girl looking worriedly at her.

 

                “Oh, thank God your teeth are intact,” Sana breathed so quietly that Tzuyu couldn’t hear.

 

                “Yah! What did you say? What’s going on?” Tzuyu asked indignantly, before wincing and adding pitifully, “Why does everything hurt?”

 

                “Hey, shh, you took a field hockey ball to the head and lost consciousness from a pretty nasty concussion. Oh, and apparently you’ve got some gnarly stitches too,” Sana soothed, gently guiding Tzuyu to lie back down.

 

                “Are you being serious? You wouldn’t lie to me?” She asked innocently, looking at Sana with large puppy dog eyes.

 

                “N—no, of course not. It’s gonna be ok, Tzuyu. You’re gonna be ok,” Sana soothed, reaching out to smooth Tzuyu’s mild bedhead.

 

                “Y—you’re so pretty, angel,” Tzuyu said looking up at her with wonder.

 

                “Aaaand you’re also on some pretty strong pain medication,” Sana added.

 

                “I feel—I feel…” Tzuyu started to say.

 

                “Yes? Tzu? Should I get the doctor?” Sana asked worriedly.

 

                “Like I want you to hold my hand?”

 

                “Wha—hold your hand? Why?” Sana asked.

 

                “I don’t know, I kinda feel like it would help?” She said looking balefully at all the wires and tubes sticking out of her arm.

 

                Sana hesitated, “Are you feeling ok?” she reached up to feel Tzuyu’s forehead, but Tzuyu’s free hand intercepted her and lead her hand down to hold her own inhibited hand.

 

                “Much better now,” Tzuyu beamed innocently at Sana.

 

                “Oh—ok this is fine I guess,” Sana said turning to hide her blush.

 

                “Sana?” Tzuyu asked again.

 

                “Yes?” Sana answered, surprised that Tzuyu was using her name instead of calling her angel.

 

                “Do you remember what comes after holding hands? I know my head is ed and all, but I’m pretty sure it’s been 2-3 business days,”

 

                Of course, Sana remembered, it had stung at first that Tzuyu had assumed she’d try to kiss her right away back then… but she wasn’t exactly wrong, “Yeah you said I’d try and kiss you, but are you sure? It’s not the pain medication talking?”

 

                Tzuyu shook her head, wincing slightly “I’m sure. It was because of me, I meant that I’d want to kiss you… and I did—do. So just be careful because half of my head is bruised and hurts like a mother—”

 

                Sana cut her off placing the gentlest kiss to her lips.

 

                Tzuyu smiled, “Thank you… girlfriend,”

 

                ~

 

                “I’ll get it,” Dahyun announced, in the wake of the knock on the door.

 

                “Wait, I’m almost—” Chaeyoung called, running out of her bathroom, wrapping a towel around her hair.

 

                Too late.

 

                “Oh, it’s you,” Dahyun said, as she opened the door to reveal Momo standing there with a box of pizza in her hands.

 

                “Dahyun? You’re Chaeng’s roommate?”

 

                “And you’re…” Dahyun sized her up, taking in her appearance, “A pizza girl? I thought you were like rich?”

 

                Momo furrowed her brow, attempting to look past Dahyun into the apartment.

 

                Chaeyoung coughed and mouthed best behavior at the oldest girl and Momo sighed in acceptance, “I was bringing this for Chaeyoung, but if you’ll let me in I might even share,”

 

                “What kind of pizza is it?” Dahyun asked, crossing her arms.

 

                Momo opened the box for Dahyun to see herself, and her eyes immediately lit up, but she played it off nonchalantly, “Ok, fine I guess you can come in,”

 

                As soon as Chaeyoung saw Momo through the door she ran back into her room to finish drying her hair, claiming she’d only be a couple minutes.

 

                A couple awkward minutes too long.

 

                “So… what are your intentions with Chaeyoung?” Dahyun asked, eyeing the closed pizza box on the table in front of them.

 

                Momo looked back to the closed door that Chaeyoung had disappeared behind before narrowing her eyes at Dahyun, “I could ask you the same thing,”

 

                “I don’t have any intentions with Chaeyoung,” Dahyun answered snarkily, “She’s my best friend and she had an extra room, so she—”

 

                “No! With Mina!” Momo hissed, “If you hurt her like you hurt Sana I swear to God—”

 

                “SHH!” Dahyun said, reaching forward and covering Momo’s mouth, “Please, it’s a sore subject. I’m so sorry about everything, I wish I could take it back, believe me I lost everything. Some days I can still see Sana’s hurt eyes and I hate myself, I just want to move on, but I know she hasn’t forgiven me. I know what I did was wrong… but this time I know I’m going to do better. I love her… and she knows. I told her. We’re really going to try and make this work… not forgetting our pasts but working through them. Together,”

 

                “You said ‘our’…” Momo trailed off, searching Dahyun’s eyes for any hint that she knew what Momo knew.

 

                “Yeah, our,” Dahyun said letting out a deep exhale.

 

                Momo realized she was telling the truth whether she knew Mina’s whole history or not. She loved Mina and had no intention of hurting her. Momo let out a heavy sigh, “I guess it’s my turn to apologize then. I’m really sorry for being so harsh to you during tryouts, you were actually quite entertaining to watch,”

 

                Dahyun’s lips quirked up in the faintest smile, “No, it’s fine, you actually saved me. I only tried out because Mina said she only would if I did… I knew she deserved to be on the team. As for me, I never intended to join… but it still kinda hurts to actually hear the rejection,”

 

                Before Momo could respond, Chaeyoung walked back in the room and sat down in Momo’s lap, cuddling into the older girl who just stared at her in awe, like she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

 

                “Your hair is pink,” Momo said, “What made you dye it so suddenly?” she asked in awe.

 

                “Just felt like it,” Chaeyoung shrugged nonchalantly, “What you think?”

 

                “Pink is my favourite colour,” Momo said grinning happily up at Chaeyoung.

 

                “Yeah, I know,” Chaeyoung answered coolly.

 

                In that moment, with Momo looking up at Chaeyoung so lovingly, and Chaeyoung cuddling into Momo Dahyun knew that Momo didn’t like Mina. She never did. She’d always had eyes for Chaeyoung. How had she been so blind. She really had no reason not to like the oldest girl anymore.

 

                “Let’s get this bread,” Chaeyoung said, reaching forward to open the pizza box, and squealing in delight when she realized what flavour Momo had brought them.

 

                Chaeyoung’s favourite pizza, Dahyun thought. Had it been anything else, she might not have let her through the door, but now she’s glad she did.

 

                Dahyun looked up to see Momo mouth the question, truce?  She nodded in response before mouthing back truce.

 

                ~

 

                They were all eating Chaeyoung’s favourite pizza and sharing embarrassing stories and memories about Chaeyoung.

 

                “Yah! Why don’t you guys pick on Mina! She isn’t here to defend herself!” Chaeyoung whined.

 

                Dahyun and Momo shared an uneasy glance across the table, “I wish I had embarrassing stories about Mina, but I’d be too scared to share them anyway,” Momo said hesitantly before looking back at Chaeyoung apologetically.

 

                “Why? Mina isn’t scary, she’s such a softy,” Chaeyoung snorted in response.

 

                Dahyun shook her head dismissively, “No, but she’s everywhere! You never know when she’s going to sneak up on you, so you’re better to just say nice things,”

 

                “YEAH, LIKE HOW THE HELL IS SHE SO QUIET!” Momo exclaimed, loudly as if she was trying to prove just how quiet Mina was by comparison.

 

                “You guys are just paranoid. I’ll go first, one time in architecture Mina—”

 

[ding]

 

                All three girls instantly jumped to their feet in fear, checking their phones to see if Mina had in fact overheard them and was texting them to shut up.

 

                Momo sighed in relief when she realized it was her phone.

 

                “Oh, Sana is leaving the hospital now, they’re keeping Tzuyu over night. She said she needs company, so I’m going to head home,”

 

                “Don’t,” Chaeyoung and Dahyun both said, but for two different reasons.

 

                Chaeyoung latched her arms tighter around Momo, not wanting to let go in fear of losing her comfortable position. Momo turned and looked at Dahyun quizzically.

 

                “I mean… you can invite her here… if you want,” Dahyun mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

 

                Momo looked at Chaeyoung and the younger nodded in confirmation.

 

                “I think you’re right, I’ll ask her, but I think it’s time you two left that incident in the past so you can both finally move on,”

 

                “I’d really like that,” Dahyun said.

 

                And surprisingly Sana agreed as well.