KNOCK KNOCK (learn to use a lock)

Baggage

                “Jesus— Sana, you have to teach me how to do that,” Tzuyu panted as she lay on the bed, sweat glistening on her body.

 

                “Trade secret,” Sana said proudly, crawling up and laying down next to her, “I’m taking that one to the grave,”

 

                Tzuyu whined, “But then I’ll never get to return the favour,” Tzuyu whined, doing puppy dog eyes.

 

                “Yeah, but if I teach you, who’s to say you won’t teach any other girlfriend you have, and then everyone will know,” Sana rambled.

 

                Tzuyu sat up, her face suddenly serious, “Any other girlfriend?”

 

                Sana shrugged.

 

                “No,” Tzuyu shook her head indignantly, “No other girlfriends, just you. Remember what I said? It goes both ways,”

 

                “Yeah, but what about when we break up?”

 

                “We’re not going to break up,” Tzuyu said, stiffening.

 

                “How do you know? Sometimes people just break up. Sometimes love isn’t enough,” Sana said, her voice breaking as she recalled the incident. Her love hadn’t been enough.

 

                “So you think because of that we shouldn’t try? Is that what you’re afraid of? Don’t you trust me?”

 

                “No—I…” Sana trailed off. Her voice wouldn’t form anymore words.

 

                “I love you, Sana. And if you’re still afraid to admit it, then I’ll make it be enough. I love you enough for the both of us, ok? We’re not going to break up. It will be enough,”

 

                “Y—you promise?” Sana asked.

 

                “Yes. I cross my heart, and if I could kick Dahyun’s right now for ever making you doubt love, I would,” Tzuyu promised.

 

                “I want to be enough,” Sana whispered.

 

                “You are,” Tzuyu said shifting so she was leaning over Sana and pressed a kiss to her lips.

 

                ~

 

                “SaTzu, we have good news—holy !” Dahyun screamed, covering her eyes. Her face instantly displaying a reddish colour on her pale skin.

 

                Tzuyu quickly grabbed the nearest pillow and chucked it at her, not caring about her decency.

 

                Dahyun let out a squeal of surprise, but Mina quickly caught the pillow.

 

                “I just need to get my things and I’ll be out of your hair,” Dahyun said, refusing to look near the bed.

 

                “Get OUT!” Tzuyu shouted, trying her best to shield Sana’s body.

 

                “I’m hurrying—where is my makeup bag?” Dahyun frantically searched, everywhere the girls weren’t.

 

                “That’s it—” Tzuyu said getting off the bed. Sana was chuckling in amusement as she watched the taller girl near Dahyun, only to back down when Mina shot her a glare.

 

                Mina looked apologetically at Sana, who was now covered by blankets, “We just wanted to say we got our own room and Chaeyoung is staying with Momo… but looks like we weren’t inconveniencing you guys in the first place,”

 

                “I found it! It was in the bathroom,” Dahyun exclaimed holding the bag in triumph.

 

                “If you come back, I will kick your tofu ,” Tzuyu threatened.

 

                “No she won’t,” Sana shook her head, “She’s actually soft,”

 

                “Don’t worry, we don’t plan on finding out,” Mina said.

 

                “Actually, one more thing,” Dahyun said as a lightbulb went off in her head, she eyed Tzuyu as she walked around her and approached Sana. She whispered something in her ear causing Sana to blush and then the two intruders left as fast as they came.

 

                “What’d she say?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                Sana was still staring at the door, but she turned to Tzuyu before answering, “She told me to tell you ‘Wo ai ni,’” Sana said.

 

                Tzuyu froze, “D—do you know what that means? Do you mean it?”

 

                After a moment Sana nodded, “I—I think so,” and Tzuyu jumped on her, planting many more kisses all over her body.

 

                ~

 

                Chaeyoung’s chest and back were also colourfully dotted with tattoos. They were many pieces that didn’t necessarily belong together, in fact they looked like someone had taken the whole sheet of tattoos and rather than cutting them out and placing them individually, had just placed them all like that. There were many, but not nearly as much filled space as Mina’s.

 

                “How many tattoos do you have?” Momo asked, ran her finger over one that looked like a music note on her back.

 

                “I don’t know… I lost count somewhere along the lines. Jay could probably tell you. I think he’s keeping a record… if only he could meet Mina though,”

 

                “Who’s Jay?”

 

                “Jay Park. My tattoo guy, he’s like my older brother. He did most of these along with Hyolyn and G Dragon,” Chaeyoung explained.

 

                “I can sort of see that some of them are different styles. Do they all work together?” Momo said as she traced a snake that coiled down her spine.

 

                “Yeah, at a hole in the wall tattoo shop called Crayon Money,” She said then humming in acknowledgment as she realized which tattoo Momo was tracing, “G Dragon did that one… hurt like a , but still no Tebori,” She hummed.

 

                “What does getting a tattoo feel like?” Momo asked, stopping tracing and laying back next to Chaeyoung with her head facing the girl.

 

                “Hmm,” Chaeyoung pondered it for a second, “Like getting scratched by a cat, I guess. Like repeatedly… only, some areas hurt more than others,” she said before turning over on her back, “This one here hurt the most,” she said taking Momo’s hand and running it over what looked like a spilled watercolour paint set inked into her ribs.

 

                Momo could feel the rising and falling of Chaeyoung’s even breathing as her hand rested on her tattoo.

 

                “Hyolyn does a lot of watercolour, that’s her specialty,” Chaeyoung explained, “Colours are more painful though… and getting a lot of colour on the ribs was probably not the best idea in hindsight, but I love that tattoo, so I don’t regret it,”

 

                “Is it your favourite?” Momo asked.

 

                Chaeyoung thought for a moment, “No, my favourite is the tiger,” she chuckled turning back over to reveal the fierce looking cartoon tiger cub on her shoulder blade, “Though it’s not really his style, G Dragon designed that flash specifically for me… kinda cute, huh?”

 

                “Yeah, you are,” Momo said cheesily before pressing a kiss to her shoulder blade, “I think it’s my favourite too,”

 

                ~

 

                As soon as Mina and Dahyun were out of what was now SaTzu’s room Mina smirked teasingly at Dahyun, “You should have seen your face when you saw Sana ,”

 

                “Oh shut up! I am not attracted to Sana,” Dahyun protested.

 

                “Your blush said otherwise… it’s ok, she’s a pretty girl. I’m not jealous,” Mina said evenly.

 

                “R—really? Why’s that?” Dahyun answered hesitantly.

 

                “Because I’m the only one who gets to see you … and we have our own room tonight that no one knows the location of or can interrupt us,” She answered, flashing their hotel key card at the younger girl.

 

                Dahyun instantly flushed red all over again, and Mina grabbed her hand before running off towards her parents’ abandoned room.

 

                ~

 

                Momo woke up to the feeling of Chaeyoung pressing kisses all over her shoulders. She pouted her lips needily and craned her neck hoping Chaeyoung would notice and take the hint. The Korean quickly stopped what she was doing and leaned up to peck the older girl on the lips, gradually smiling into the kiss as well.

 

                “Sorry, I’d give you a proper kiss, but… morning breath,” Chaeyoung hummed leaning away from Momo and resuming kissing her neck and back.

 

                Chaeyoung sighed contentedly. Last night with Momo felt like everything was finally coming together. She didn’t feel rushed, or pressured, or like she was trying to prove herself. It was just perfect. Just two girls expressing to each other how much they cared for each other.

 

                “Mhm, morning breath, my favourite,” Momo hummed happily, turning on her back and situating herself to where Chaeyoung was hovering over her, “Let me taste,”

 

                “Ew, unnie no!” Chaeyoung squealed, trying to sit up, but she wasn’t fast enough, Momo wound her hand around Chaeyoung’s neck and guided her down for an open-mouthed kiss.

 

                “Don’t act—surprised—if you’re going to—wake me up—like that—expect me to—return the favour,” Momo said in between kisses as she moved from Chaeyoung’s mouth down to her jaw and neck, and even exposed collarbones.

 

                Momo nipped teasingly on one of Chaeyoung’s s and the younger girl let out a moan. Jesus, this girl was insatiable. They just woke up and she was already ready to go again.

 

                ~

 

                There was a knock on the door.

 

                “Ignore it,” Momo immediately breathed into Chaeyoung’s skin, “It’s probably just Sana, don’t worry she can’t get in,”

 

                “I have a key Dahyun, it’s literally my room,” Mina huffed.

 

                “Yeah but what if—” the door clicked open and Mina pushed into the room. Too late.

 

                “ me, not again,” Mina cursed, instantly turning around and facing away from Momo and Chaeyoung. Her face had flushed bright red and Dahyun was looking at her with a curious expression. She hadn’t reacted like that to Sana and Tzuyu.

 

                “Uhh kinda busy ing Chaeyoung right now, but maybe after?” Momo teased.

 

                “Not funny Momo,” Dahyun grumbled, refusing to break eye contact with Mina for fear of what she’d see.

 

                “At least we had the decency to stop,” Chaeyoung retorted, “You guys just kept going at it with me on the phone,”

 

                “You had phone with MiHyun?” Momo asked, quirking an eyebrow.

 

                “What—NO!” Chaeyoung spluttered.

 

                “C—can you please put a shirt on or something,” Mina stuttered.

 

                “You don’t like my tattoos?” Chaeyoung pouted, but Mina couldn’t see because she was still determinedly looking away.

 

                “No, she can’t. We’re not finished here,” Momo said forcefully, “Get what you came for and go,”

 

                “You! I came to get you!” Mina exclaimed in exasperation, “Coach Kang wants to start loading up the busses,”

 

                “Ugh fine—I’ll be quick then,” Momo said before straddling Chaeyoung and resuming where she’d left off.

 

                “Dear Jesus,” Dahyun grumbled, shielding her eyes.

 

                Mina was becoming more and more visibly uncomfortable, and Chaeyoung could tell there was something bothering her.

 

                “Momo—stop!” Chaeyoung panted, pushing the older girl off of her, “Can’t you see it’s bothering Mina?”

 

                “Maybe Mina is bothering me,” Momo muttered under her breath, crossing her arms and pouting like a child.

 

                “Mina what’s wrong?” Chaeyoung asked calmly.

 

                “N—nothing I’m fine, just uhh—just hurry up,”

 

                Chaeyoung grabbed the nearest shirt – which was the oversized one Momo had been wearing to watch movies in last night – and walked over to the other girl. Dahyun opened her eyes and eyed her nervously.

 

                “Is this about my tattoos? I covered most of them up, see?” she said, turning Mina to face her.

 

                Mina looked at Chaeyoung who’s face was dusted red, lips swollen from kissing, and pink hair messy and whimpered, “No—it’s nothing—it’s stupid,”

 

                Momo’s eyes widened suddenly as if a lightbulb was going off in her mind, “Mina used to have a crush on you!” she announced.

 

                Dahyun’s eyes formed crescents and suddenly she was trying to hold back laughter, “Oh yeah, like so obvious, it was kind of tragic,” she supplemented.

 

                “Dahyun!” Mina whined, pushing forward away from Chaeyoung to hide her face in Dahyun’s arms.

 

                “This is revenge for teasing me last night!” Dahyun giggled proudly.

 

                “You did?” Chaeyoung asked obliviously, “How did I not know that?”

 

                Momo facepalmed, “Really, Cub?”

 

                “Yeah, you’re not the most observant,” Dahyun pointed out.

 

                Chaeyoung scratched the back of her neck uneasily, “Anyone else have a crush on me and want to get it off their chest now?”

 

                Momo raised her hand instantly.

 

                Chaeyoung playfully shoved her, “Not you, I know you do,” then she looked at Dahyun nervously.

 

                Dahyun scoffed, “Don’t flatter yourself,”

                                “… it was like ten years ago,” she added quietly, avoiding eye contact from everyone.

 

                Before they could react, the door swung open and Sana was grinning mischievously, “I talked to Coach Kang for you—you’re welcome. You guys are riding home with us—Jeongyeonnie invited us to her parents’ vacation house for barbecue since it’s close by. She said she had something to announce!” she proclaimed excitedly.

 

                “I told you Sana, they won’t—Momo why are you ? And who attacked your neck?” Tzuyu said startled, but not averting her gaze, nonetheless.

 

                “You should see her back,” Chaeyoung smirked proudly, and Sana high fived her.

 

                “Well they don’t have a choice, because the bus already left—what, why are you all staring at me like that?” Sana said to the other girls, suddenly feeling the silence from Mina, Momo, and Dahyun.

 

                “Has anyone else ever had a crush on Chaengie?” Momo asked, finally being the one to speak up.

 

                “Really guys?” Chaeyoung whined, blushing again.

 

                “Yeah, duh… who hasn’t? She fought Dahyun—no offense—for me. Of course, my heart was hers for like a week before I realized I could have anyone I wanted,” Sana admitted quickly.

 

                Tzuyu was also surpsisingly raising her hand. Sana noticed and looked offended at her, "Really?? You just met!!"

 

                Tzuyu just shrugged, "I thought her honesty and will to protect her best friend was kinda hot... I almost considered risking it all for half a second,"

 

                Sana narrowed her eyes at Tzuyu. She could never tell if the girl was being serious or just teasing her since she did that so well with a straight face. She knew Tzuyu really valued honesty - she told her that all the time - but protecting your best friend thing... that was new to Sana. Getting flustered anyway at the possibility of Tzuyu 'risking it all' for someone that wasn't her, she finally huffed, "PUT YOUR HAND DOWN!"

 

                Chaeyoung chuckled nervously at the tension that was somehow indirectly created by her, “Ok, ok, let’s change the subject,”

 

                “Yeah, I want to know who all has had a crush on me?” Sana asked.

 

                No one raised their hands.

 

                “Dahyun-ah! Put your hand up, you can deny it all you want—Tzuyu you too—why didn't you raise your hand!?” Sana exclaimed in exasperation pouting.

 

                "I thought you said to put my hand down..." Tzuyu offered, eyes glinting mischeviously. 

 

                “It’s going to be a looooong ride,” Mina groaned, looking at Momo tiredly.

 

                ~

 

                “Holy Jeong, this house is amazing!” Tzuyu exclaimed as soon as they exited out the back porch of Jeongyeon’s parents summer house.

 

                Jeongyeon was in the process of lighting a charcoal grill situated in the middle of a long table where various side dishes and raw meats were placed around. Behind the table was a huge pool where Jihyo and Daniel were swimming while Nayeon splashed at them with her feet from the side.

 

                Jeongyeon smiled nervously as she struggled to light the grill. Normally she was good at this kind of stuff. Her dad was a world-renowned chef for crying out loud, she knew how to light a damn charcoal grill! So why were her hands shaking so badly she could hardly hold the lighter?

 

                “Need help with that?” Mina asked, noticing Jeongyeon’s struggle as the others ran off towards the pool.

 

                “I uhh—it’s not usually like this,” Jeongyeon chuckled uneasily, then she looked up and met Mina’s eyes, “I don’t think we’ve ever officially met, I’m Jeongyeon, welcome to my house… uhhh you must be…?”

 

                “Myo—Mina. I’m Mina… Im Mina—Dahyun’s girlfriend,” she introduced, taking the lighter away from Jeongyeon and managing to light it after one try.

 

                “Oh, thanks Im Mina—say, that’s a nice surname, mind if I take it?” Jeongyeon joked.

 

                “Huh? It’s my surname. It’s real—no you can’t have it,” Mina said defensively.

 

                “Wha—I just meant—you have the same surname as Nayeon—it was a marriage joke—not to you though—just—never mind,” Jeongyeon spluttered.

 

                Suddenly Nayeon’s arms were around Jeongyeon, and she leaned up to kiss her on the cheek, “Hey,” she said grinning up at her.

 

                “Hey yourself,” Jeongyeon smiled back at her.

 

                “Dinner almost ready? I’m starving,”

 

                “It uhh—” Jeongyeon started, looking hopelessly at the table.

 

                “She just got the grill to light on like her first try. It was pretty cool, so we can probably start cooking meat soon,” Mina saved, and Jeongyeon smiled nervously at Nayeon just in time.

 

                If Nayeon noticed anything was off she didn't show it, “My hero,” she cooed, looking at Jeongyeon with heart eyes before running back over to the pool.

 

                “Why are you so nervous? She’s obviously going to say yes. She’s totally in love with you. Even I can see that and I’ve never met either of you before today,”

 

                “Is it that obvious?” Jeongyeon groaned.

 

                “A little bit,”

 

                “Maybe that’s why she’s been less annoying than usual today,”

 

                “Nayeon said there was food?” Momo said appearing seconds later next to Jeongyeon. Tzuyu was not far behind her with equally pleading eyes.

 

                “Sure, why not?” Jeongyeon said and the two girls eagerly sat down and started trying to cook every piece of meat they could reach.

 

                ~

 

                Chaeyoung stared at Momo in wonder as she saw the girl scarf down countless pieces of grilled meat.

 

                “Chaeyoungie, can we talk for a second?” Sana asked, and Chaeyoung nodded.

 

                Mina raised an eyebrow at the two, and Sana shot her a wink causing Mina to instantly shift and act like she didn’t see.

 

                Sana lead the smaller girl over to the pool and sat down, dipping her toes in the water and gesturing for Chaeyoung to do the same.

 

                Chaeyoung sighed and did the same, “What did you want to talk about Unnie?” Chaeyoung asked innocently.

 

                Sana lazily rested her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder before humming, “If you hurt my baby, I will kill you,”

 

                Chaeyoung was taken off guard by the threat and narrowed her eyes disbelievingly at the seemingly relaxed girl next to her.

 

                “… or I’ll get Mina to,” Sana added as an afterthought.

 

                Chaeyoung snorted after looking back at the adorable Japanese dork who was currently tickling her pouting girlfriend.

 

                “Oh, she’s more than capable… trust me,” Sana warned.

 

                “Yeah sure, but there no chance she listens to you. Mina totally likes me better than you,” Chaeyoung teased, still not taking Sana seriously.

 

                “She may not listen to me, but whether she’ll admit it or not, she has a soft spot for Momo. I don’t doubt that she’d kill—or worse, for her,” Sana said darkly, causing Chaeyoung to shudder.

 

                “Aish, ok!” Chaeyoung answered feeling suddenly scared, “I was only teasing you, I don’t have any bad intentions. I never could! I really, really like her!” she yelped defensively.

 

                “Good, then no problems!” Sana answered, patting Chaeyoung on the back and returning to her usual cheery self, “But if you ever break up don't be surprised if you wake up in another country with no passport,”

 

                “I—” Chaeyoung closed , unsure of what to say because Sana was smiling so unassumingly at her as she left Chaeyoung speechless by the pool.

 

                ~

 

                After Chaeyoung lost a bet and had to eat an extremely spicy piece of chicken and nearly drained the last of the beer in tears Jeongyeon decided it was finally time. She looked across the table at Jihyo who shot her a wink, before excusing herself.

 

                She ran all the way upstairs to her bag and retrieved the small box she’d been thinking about ever since she got it. It was now or never. Nayeon had always liked grand gestures, right? Jeongyeon was hoping this would be grand enough.

 

                Jihyo had several bottles of chilled champagne waiting in the fridge and a couple small sets of fireworks to light off. All of their friends were around. Everything seemed perfect… except Jeongyeon’s hands couldn’t stop from trembling. She nearly dropped the ring box and cursed herself. If she dropped it in front of their friends she’d look like a total idiot, and Nayeon would never let her live it down. She only had one shot, and it had to go just right. She took a deep breath and was about to head out of the room… but her feet wouldn’t move.

 

                “It’s just Nayeon, the girl you love—the girl you’ve loved since you were ten years old,” She exhaled deeply, trying to rid herself of the nervous pressure in her chest, “Whatever you do will be fine, even if you say something stupid like ‘I like your last name, can I have it?’” Jeongyeon scoffed at what she’s stupidly said earlier.

 

                “I was thinking we could hyphenate,” Nayeon joked from behind her, coming up and attempting to peek over her shoulder, “What ya got there?”

 

                “Yah! You’re going to ruin everything! Go back outside!” Jeongyeon cried out.

 

                “Tch, you already ruined it with that horrible pickup line. I don’t think I could take the secondhand embarrassment if I had to go through that again in front of our friends,” Nayeon said rolling her eyes.

 

                “Oh really? Did you have any better ideas?” Jeongyeon retorted, crossing her arms defensively.

 

                Nayeon hummed as if in though before responding smartly, “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put Yoo and Im together,”

 

                “Ok that’s—that’s actually kind of good, you win,” Jeongyeon pouted.

 

                “I know, I always win,” Nayeon said before pulling Jeongyeon towards her for a kiss, “Now will you marry me?”

 

                “I was—” Jeongyeon opened and closed in exasperation, “Im Nayeon you always ruin everything!”

 

                “Don’t worry, I’ll still wear the ring,” Nayeon said rolling her eyes and sticking her hand out for the box Jeongyeon was still holding on tight to.

 

                “Y—you mean it?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

                “Yeah, if you’ll wear the one I got you,”

 

                “Of course, I’ll—got, wait GOT?”

 

                “Well, you did tell me you wanted to get married before we have kids, and I didn’t exactly plan on waiting forever for that,” Nayeon shrugged.

 

                ~

 

                When Jeongyeon finally walked back down the others were already enjoying her chilled champagne and she looked at them with a frown, “You didn’t even wait for me?”

 

                “You didn’t want to wait for us?” Jihyo retorted, reaching up to grab Nayeon’s hand that was now sporting a sparkly diamond ring.

 

                Momo - pouting - chugged the rest of her champagne, much to Chaeyoung and Sana’s amusement. She had bet that Jeongyeon would be able to fight Nayeon off and return before she proposed, “Romance is dead,” she grumbled.

 

                Chaeyoung squeezed her thigh under the table, “I’ll show you romance later,” she hissed into her ear, causing the tipsy Japanese girl to blush bright red.

 

                “All this skinship is making me nauseous,” Dahyun joked, fake vomiting.

 

                Mina pouted, “Aww I don’t even get a kiss on the cheek? Come on, love is in the air,” she pleaded.

 

                “Fine, but only since you’re really cute,” Dahyun said leaning to kiss Mina on the cheek, only to have the older girl turn her head at the last minute and cause the younger to kiss her lips instead.

 

                “Ow ow!” Sana exclaimed in triumph, and Mina flashed a proud gummy smile at her embarrassed girlfriend.

 

                Jihyo looked at Daniel with heart eyes and was about to lean in for a kiss as well when her phone rang, “, guys I totally forgot we have a game in two hours. We gotta go!” she said standing up quickly.

 

                Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Momo, Mina, and Jihyo all started hastily trying to clean up and get everything packed up so they could rush back to school. Daniel, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung didn’t exactly have anywhere to be, but they helped their frantic girlfriends nonetheless.

 

                Sana and Tzuyu were the only two left at the table, remarkably calm. Sana looked at Tzuyu curiously.

 

                “What? I can’t play anyway,” Tzuyu shrugged noncommittally.

 

                “It’s not that…” Sana trailed off.

 

                “Oh yeah? What’s on your mind then?”

 

                “Sometimes I just—you’re just so beautiful, is it so wrong for me to stare at my girlfriend?” Sana answered, trying to brush it off with a joke.

 

                Tzuyu furrowed her brows. While the compliment was nice, there was still something Sana wasn’t telling her, “Is that all?”

 

                “Someone’s getting big headed now are you?” Sana teased.

 

                “You know what I mean,” Tzuyu said unyielding.

 

                Sana sighed, “Sometimes I just think that I like you so so so much, and then I remember that you’re mine and it feels surreal,” she finished, shaking her head in disbelief.

 

                “I think that many so’s adds up to a ‘really’,” Tzuyu teased.

 

                “Shut up,” Sana said shoving Tzuyu playfully, “You know I love you,”

 

                Tzuyu took a sharp intake of breath, and nearly choked in surprise.

 

                “Y—you—” Tzuyu didn’t want to ask, for fear that she wouldn’t hear it again, “I love you too,” she answered before pulling Sana in for a deep kiss. The older instantly melting against Tzuyu’s lips and smiling before responding to the kiss.

 


a/n: This is the end of the story folks!! I do have an epilogue planned as kind of a bonus chapter to sum everything up, so stay tuned for the next/final update!! As you're all probably painfully aware of by now this fic kind of got away from me and pretty much turned into a MoChaeng fic. oops. I intended for it to be SaTzu centric... but sometimes these fics just write themselves differently then how you planned.

anyway thanks so much for reading! I've appreciated every comment and upvote!!!