Text me you idiot (~ THREE TIMES A DAY)

Baggage

[12:45] Baby Bong: Can I C U again soon?

Baby Bong: I miss U

[12:51] Mami: Nayeon

Mami: I can’t even look you or Jeong in the eye anymore

[Unsent] Baby Bong: please don’t take it out on Jeongyeon. She’s really trying her best

[12:52] Baby Bong: I’m sorry

Baby Bong: I know U hate hearing this but I love U… and I’ll wait 4 U

[Unsent] Mami: I’m sorry too

[Read by Mami at 12:52]

 

                Nayeon sniffled and clicked her phone shut causing Jeongyeon to look up from her textbooks for the first time since she'd arrived. Her face instantly softened from her hardened studious look.

 

                "Nay, what's wrong?" Jeongyeon asked getting up and scooting around the table to more easily comfort her.

 

                "I--I just miss her Jeong," Nayeon whined trying her best to regain her composure.

 

                Jeongyeon sighed in defeat, "I do too," something had to be done. This had gone on too long.

 

                ~

 

                “Mina—Mina wake up,” Dahyun said shaking Mina awake, “C—could you drive me to campus? I’m going to be late for my class,”

 

                “Whaaa—you don’t have any morning classes. The library can wait… just a few more minutes,” Mina said rolling away from Dahyun.

 

                “Mina, uhm, it’s almost 1pm…” Dahyun pointed out.

 

                Mina bolted up in her bed, “Holy , we’re actually going to be late for class,” she threw on an oversized hoodie and dragged Dahyun out the door with her to the garages.

 

                Dahyun kept looking at Mina and smiling, “What?” Mina finally asked.

 

                “Nothing—you just look kinda… cute when you’ve just woken up,” Dahyun mumbled.

 

                Mina looked into her phone camera and groaned, “I guess it’s a hood up kind of day,”

 

                When they got to the garage they nearly got hit by an oncoming car speeding recklessly around the corner, “G’day dags,” Rosé called out the roof of her topless jeep.

 

                “She’s been calling Kkura and I that since we moved in and I still have no idea what it means… but at this point I feel like its too late to ask,” Mina whispered to Dahyun.

 

                “I’m half convinced she thinks Sakura and I are the same person,” Dahyun giggled in response.

 

                ~

 

                “Check it out,” Chaeyoung said as soon as she was through Rosé’s door. She stuck out her wrist for Rosé to see.

 

                “Oh my God, Chaeng—is that?” She asked.

 

                Chaeyoung nodded excitedly, “Your lips,”

 

                “That’s—wow. I can’t believe you’ve done that… that’s like the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. I—I—maybe if things were different…” Rosé didn’t finish that thought. And Chaeyoung didn’t have time to question it before Rosé was rewarding her by kissing down her stomach and ing her pants, causing her voice to be stolen by moans.

 

                Chaeyoung and Rosé had started seeing each other casually for the better part of the spring semester, and Rosé was always careful never to put a label on things. They always met inside the confines of Rosé or Chaeyoung’s apartment though, that was one of Rosé’s rules, Chaeyoung wasn’t allowed to take her out… it should have been a red flag, but Chaeyoung was starting to fall head over heels for Rosé so she ignored the signs. The way her laugh sounded like music and her eyes twinkled like the stars, the way her smile could light up a room, the way she would kiss Chaeyoung’s paint stained hands even though she assured Rosé they were probably so gross. Rosé was even teaching her little English phrases here and there because Chaeyoung told her she wanted to go to Australia with her one day. For the first time Chaeyoung felt like she could do anything… anything except kiss Rosé in public that is.

 

                Chaeyoung and Rosé had 'had a root' the next morning before Rosé sent Chaeyoung on her way to class. She was biting her lip as she watched Chaeyoung leave when Mina and Sakura exited their apartment across the hall.

 

                “Good morning Rosé!” Sakura said brightly.

 

                “Morning dags,” Rosé nodded quickly in acknowledgment before disappearing into her apartment.

 

                Sakura giggled, but stopped when she noticed Mina zoning out, “What are you staring at, Minari?” Sakura asked.

 

                “Nothing—nothing, just can we go a different way today?” Mina shook her head clear of Chaeyoung and started walking in the opposite direction.

 

                ~

 

[Instagram Post] chou.tzuyu: Waking up with you is a feeling I could never get used to 😍

 

                Sana read Tzuyu’s caption again for the hundredth time, “What do you think she meant by that?”

 

                “Sana, it’s Instagram… its not that deep,” Momo said as she snapped a picture of her bento box and proceeded to post it to Instagram.

 

                “Yeah, but like obviously she’s trying to tell me something by posting this selfie of us in bed together. What do you think she wants?” Sana questioned, refreshing the picture to see if anyone new had commented.

 

                “Didn’t you share it on Snapchat first?” Momo added, not looking up from her phone, now with a mouthful of food.

 

                “Yeah, but that’s different because it disappears! And it was only to Nayeon!” Sana exclaimed.

 

                “Ah yes, Nayeon your closest confident. Keeper of all things secret,” Momo exaggerated, looking up from her phone just long enough to roll her eyes, “Why don’t you just ask her what she meant by it?”

 

                “I don’t have her phone number,” Sana grumbled quietly.

 

                “Oh look, she just liked my Instagram post!” Momo exclaimed showing Sana the notification.

 

                “That’s it, I’m DMing her,” Sana decided.

 

                ~

 

                “I’m not being unreasonable right? If you showed up to every single preseason practice late, you’d expect to be benched the first game back, right?” Jihyo asked putting her phone down on the table on Do Not Disturb mode.

 

                “Uhh well I know – and have a key to – where the captain sleeps so I don’t see a scenario where that ends well on her part,” Jennie joked.

 

                “And I know and have a key to where you sleep so you bet your would have no excuse to be in her position… I’m serious Jen, I have to make these tough decisions and stand by them now… even if Jeongyeon is our star starting forward,”

 

                Jennie spit out her drink, “You benched Jeong!? Jihyo, what the hell!?” she exclaimed.

 

                “It had to be done Jennie! She hasn’t been prioritizing the team, there has to be consequences for that!” Jihyo defended.

 

                “Yeah but for the opener? The game where the whole school decides if we’re worth buying season tickets for or not?” Jennie countered.

 

                “Tzuyu is really good Jennie, she’s been putting in a lot of good work at practice these past few weeks. I’ll just move her up, I’m sure she can handle it,” Jihyo explained.

 

                “Yeah until Sana shakes her , and she takes a ball to the stomach again… or worse, the head,” Jennie snorted in contempt.

 

                “I’ll admit, she lacks a little focus… but that’s something we can fix. I warned her to stay away from Sana, so that should hold her off for a bit. Jeongyeon on the other hand is dating the captain, she’s far past help,” Jihyo replied.

 

                “You know I’m literally dating a cheerleader, right?” Jennie deadpanned, rolling her eyes, “What you said about Sana though… I’m not so sure about that Hyo, check this out,” Jennie said, showing Jihyo the picture that Tzuyu had posted on Instagram.

 

                “REALLY?? After I specifically asked her not to?? Am I going to have to bench two of my star attackers?” Jihyo seethed, getting up from her table and storming off.

 

                “Jihyo… wait—you can’t be serious. Wait Jihyo—it’s the opener—you can’t seriously bench someone for having !” Jennie shouted, chasing after Jihyo.

 

                ~

 

[ding]

[pop]

[pop]

[woosh]

[ding]

[ding]

 

                Tzuyu smirked to herself as she opened her phone to check the influx of messages she was receiving after her controversial Instagram post.

 

6 unread notifications:

[Text message] Mina: please take that down Tzuyu

[Instagram DM] shibasana96: what are you doing

[Instagram DM] shibasana96: you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into

[Email] Park Jihyo: [IMPORTANT] Saturday’s Opener vs. State, Starting Roster

Forwards

Left Wing – Jeon Somi*

Centre Forward – Shin Yuna

Right Wing – Kim Yerim

Sub – Yoo Jeongyeon*

Midfielders

Left Inside – Jo Haseul*

Centre Half – Kim Jennie

Right Inside – Kim Doyeon

Sub – Chou Tzuyu*

Backs

Left Half – Shin Ryujin

Fullback – Park Jihyo

Fullback – Ji Suyeon

Right Half – Kim Hyunjin

Sub – Jeon Soyeon

Sub – Choi Yuju

Goalkeeper

Start – Kim Sowon

Sub – Kang Rina

If you have a star by your name, pay careful attention to your new position, as you have recently been switched. See you guys this afternoon for practice. No, I do not take criticism.

Thank you,

Cap

[Text message] E>: She’s really pretty

[Text message] E>: But if you’re trying to make me jealous, you’ll have to try harder than that 😉

 

                “,” Tzuyu cursed, smile immediately faltering. Looks like her intended plan didn’t work after all…

 

                ~

 

[Read by C. Tzuyu at 13:59]

 

                Mina sighed and put down her phone, “You don’t follow Tzuyu on Instagram, do you?” Mina asked Dahyun casually.

 

                “I don’t think so… should I? What’s her @?” Dahyun asked taking out her own phone and pulling up Instagram. She practically had to wipe the dust off the app because she hadn’t used it in so long.

 

                “Oh… I don’t know. I don’t follow her either,” Mina lied.

 

                “Okaaay,” Dahyun said slowly, “What’s with you today Minari? First you offer to buy me ice cream, then you let me rant about Game of Thrones for an hour even though I know you’re not caught up, and now you’re being weird about… something—I just can’t tell what,”

 

[ding]

 

                Mina quickly clicked off the screen, now wasn’t a good time for texting… especially if it was Tzuyu finally responding to her.

 

                Dahyun furrowed her brow at Mina.

 

                “What was that?” Dahyun asked.

 

                “N—nothing,” Mina stuttered.

 

                “How do you know? You closed it before you even had a chance to see it,” Dahyun countered narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

 

                “It’s not important. I’m with you right now, I just didn’t want to be distracted,” Mina answered.

 

                “You’re hiding something,” Dahyun said, and before Mina could react Dahyun was reaching across the table and snatching away Mina’s phone.

 

[14:10] H. Momo: don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes today Mitang!

 

                “I hate her,” Dahyun grumbled.

 

                “L—look, she and Sana—I’m sure it was a misunderstanding,” Mina started stuttering.

 

                “Sana? Momo talked to you about Sana? When?” Dahyun asked, tone suddenly changing.

 

                “Momo?” Mina asked, taken aback. She had thought Dahyun was referring to Tzuyu.

 

                “Yeah, what did Momo say about Sana…?” Dahyun asked warily.

 

                “Nothing—we didn’t talk about Sana. I thought you meant Tzuyu,” Mina said quickly trying to change the subject.

 

                “Well what did Tzuyu say about Sana then?” Dahyun questioned. She was starting to get frustrated, Mina could tell. Why did she have to bring up this touchy subject? .

 

                “Tzuyu didn’t say anything about Sana, you’re right. It was Momo. I must have been really drunk last night to get those two mixed up hehe,” Mina back tracked nervously.

 

                “Mina you’re acting really weird and its kind of making me nervous,” Dahyun said, “Why would you bring up Sana like that if you’re just going to talk in circles and make stupid excuses?”

 

                Yeah, ok this was backfiring.

 

                Mina let out a deep exhale before starting, “Dahyun, first of all you have to know Momo had the best of intentions and she wouldn’t even tell me the whole story because she thought it shouldn’t come from her,” Mina finally said. She hadn’t intended to broach this topic today, but Dahyun could see through her lies and this was probably the lesser of two evils. Maybe if she figured this out, heard it from Dahyun herself, then she could fix the Tzuyu thing later.

 

                “Oh… you were talking about me,” Dahyun said with a small voice.

 

                “She wanted to know what we are Dahyun,” Mina said bravely.

 

                “Of course she wanted to know what we are Mina! She likes you!” Dahyun exclaimed suddenly.

 

                That was not the reaction Mina had been expecting. She snorted in laughter, “No, Dahyun, she doesn’t,”

 

                “Yes, she does!” Dahyun said impatiently, “You don’t see the way she looks at you like she’s just… looking. And she’s always like… talking to you,”

 

                Mina rolled her eyes, “Dahyun she’s just looking out for me… like an older sister. An older sister who talks to me occasionally, ok?”

 

                “Then why do I… then why does she… I just don’t like the feeling I get around her,” Dahyun grumbled, “Wait, so if she’s not interested in you then why was she asking what we were?”

 

                “Um… well… she said—she just said for me to be careful around you is all,” Mina said careful to leave out a few important details.

 

                “Because I hurt Sana…” Dahyun slowly filled in the blanks. Maybe Momo was just looking out for Mina after all.

 

                “Well… yeah,” Mina admitted.

 

                “So, you… uhm… never mind. I kind of need to think about some things for a little while. Can we maybe talk about this later?” Dahyun said anxiously, standing up from the table suddenly.

 

                Mina smiled softly at her best friend, she could tell this was a tough subject for her to talk about, but there was a promise to talk about it later. Dahyun wasn’t going to hide from her anymore, “Yeah absolutely, see you at Games Club?”

 

                “I’ll think about it,” She was going to be doing a lot of thinking.

 

                ~

 

                “Hey, psst. Kat. Is Momo around?” Heejin called, pulling her bucket hat low as she emerged from around the corner.

 

                “Uhh no, she’s gone,” Chaeyoung replied, “Why are you dressed like that? Don’t you have dance later today?” She asked eyeing her interesting choice of baggy cargo pants, large pink t-shirt, and bucket hat, with a face mask hanging under her chin at the ready.

 

                “Can I get the purple? I wanna go try it now,” Heejin said.

 

                “In the middle of the day? Are you insane? If you get arrested and miss dance practice Momo is going to kill me!” Chaeyoung exclaimed.

 

                “Nah, I’ll just blast my anime music really loudly and no one will come near me,” Heejin joked.

 

                “I’m serious Heekie,” Chaeyoung said crossing her arms, “This is really important to me… I’m so close. I can’t have anyone messing this up for me,”

 

                “But Piccolo—” Heejin started to say.

 

                “What if someone genuinely walks in on you? Where would you even be able to go? To hide?”

 

                “I’ll run for it. I’ve been practicing—”

 

                “Naruto running doesn’t count,”

 

                “No, I’m telling the truth! I’ve been practicing with Hyunjin. She’s on the field hockey team, so sometimes she invites me to run with her. To be honest, I think she thinks it counts as a date… and who am I to disagree?”

 

                “Momo really doesn’t want me giving it to you…” Chaeyoung said after a moment of thought.

 

                “Yeah, but Momo isn’t here…” Heejin persisted.

 

                “Alright, but I’m coming with you… someone’s gotta babysit you so you don’t go Super Saiyan and evolve into an anime character or something,”

 

                “… if I turn into Gon?”

 

                “Is that a Pokémon?”

 

                “No… like if I get arrested or disappear… I’d be Gon… as in not here or the guy from Hunterxhunter—you know nevermind,”

 

                “Why am I doing this again? Oh right, its for the greater good. I’m feeding the children, yeah that’s what I’m doing,” Chaeyoung reasoned before grabbing Heejin’s hand and dragging her out to the parking lot.

 

                ~

 

[14:21] Kim Dahyun: Mina knows

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: I don’t want to live like this anymore

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: I want to make things right

[14:22] Kim Dahyun: Chaeyoung. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Kim Dahyun: I think I’m ready

[14:23] Chaeng 👽:

Chaeng 👽: prove it

Chaeng 👽: i don’t trust you

[14:24] Kim Dahyun: I know

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: I’m sorry

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: I don’t blame you

[14:24] Kim Dahyun: Anything

[14:25] Chaeng 👽: meet me at the subway

Chaeng 👽: at the entrance to the construction site

Chaeng 👽: or don’t at all

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: I don’t know

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: Isn’t that kinda dangerous? I thought that area was all closed off to the public…

[Unsent] Kim Dahyun: Oh, you’re trying to test me, aren’t you?

[14:30] Kim Dahyun: On my way. Be there in 5

 

                ~

 

                “Hey Chewy, come sit with us!” the loud cheerleader that had claimed to have class with her called.

 

                Tzuyu ignored it and sat on her own instead, but moments later two backpacks were dropped on either side of her and two girls were climbing over the seats to join her.

 

                “I’m Jiwoo, but everyone calls me Chuu!” the loud one said.

 

                Tzuyu turned to the other girl, a small girl with big cheeks and curly red hair, “I’m Yuqi… Nǐ hǎo,” she added with a smile.

 

                Tzuyu instantly smiled at the familiar greeting before remembering these girls were cheerleaders and she wasn’t sure what they wanted from her yet.

 

                “So, you and Sana…” Jiwoo started.

 

                “She’s really pretty so we totally understand why you fell for her,” Yuqi piped up.

 

                “But like… I guess my real question is… why you?” Jiwoo finished.

 

                “What—that’s none of your business,” Tzuyu dismissed annoyedly.

 

                “Um, yeah… it kinda is,” Jiwoo persisted.

 

                “You did put it on Instagram… and that’s like the whole world’s business,” Yuqi supplemented.

 

                “You guys don’t even follow me, why do you care?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                “Don’t need to… your account is public,” Jiwoo replied simply.

 

                “Wait what?? Nononono, I swear to God if my mom sees that,” Tzuyu said taking out her phone and tapping frantically.

 

                Jiwoo and Yuqi snickered at Tzuyu’s panic.

 

                Suddenly a figure was looming over Yuqi’s desk. The girl cleared causing all three girls to stop and look up.

 

                “These cheerleaders bothering you T-Star?” Soyeon asked shooting the girls an intimidating glare.

 

                “I—uhh,” Jiwoo started to say.

 

                “We were just—” Yuqi said.

 

                “Leaving?” Soyeon finished.

 

                “Y—yeah leaving,” Jiwoo said reaching across Tzuyu to grab Yuqi – who was transfixed in terror by Soyeon and seemingly unable to move – and relocate to different seats… across the classroom.

 

                “She’s like so scary—” Tzuyu heard Jiwoo hiss as they were fleeing.

 

                “Scary hot,” Yuqi repeated dazedly.

 

                Soyeon put her books down a seat away from Tzuyu and didn’t say another word, just smiled smugly to herself.

 

                “Thanks,” Tzuyu muttered, dipping her head appreciatively.

 

                “Don’t mention it,” Soyeon drawled as she kicked her feet up on the chair in front of her, shooting another cutting glare at anyone who dared to turn around and challenge her.

 

[pop]

[pop]

[ding]

[ding]

 

[Instagram DM] shibasana96: why’d you delete the picture?

[Instagram DM] shibasana96: did somebody say something?

[Text Message] E>: I knew it 😉

[Text Message] Mina: Thank you

 

                I didn’t realize so many people had my Instagram notifications until today, Tzuyu thought.

 

                ~

 

                “Oh,” Sana said with a hint of disappointment in her voice, “She deleted it,”

 

                “Thank God,” Rosé drawled, “No one was ever going to believe you didn’t two didn't have a root while that was still up,”

 

                “Yeah… right,” Sana said distractedly.

 

                “What’s wrong? Aren’t you stoked?” Rosé asked, sitting up quickly and attending to Sana.

 

                “I just—I didn’t think she’d give in so soon… someone must have said something to her. That worries me. Maybe I should message her again just to be sure,”

 

                “Just leave it Sana. You should just be grateful she took it down and continue on your day. She’s just some field hockey Sheila… there’s like 14 others – well minus one because Jennie is off limits – for you to move on with who probably won’t go boonta and post a picture in bed with you,”

 

                “And Jeongyeon,” Sana mumbled. She’s not just some field hockey player… she’s different, Sana wanted to say, but she knew Rosé wouldn’t take that so lightly. She’d ask Sana what she meant, and if Sana was being honest… she didn’t know. Tzuyu just was.

 

                “Oh yeah… guess I forgot her because Jennie told me Jihyo’s so close to booting her off the team,” Rosé admitted, “But you didn’t hear that from me,”

 

                “Wait—Why is she doing this? Does Nayeon know?” Sana asked.

 

                “Oh my God no she doesn’t know! I don’t want to be the one to tell the cheer captain that the field hockey captain is benching players for rooting around with cheerleaders—I mean—ugh me dead,” Rosé said throwing a hand over .

 

                “Rosie!!! You can’t just say that!” Sana jumped out of her seat, “Did she bench Tzuyu?”

 

                Rosé nodded her head without uncovering .

 

                “Oh ,” Sana said putting the heels of her palms against her temples in shock, “Hold on… why didn’t she bench Jennie? You literally sleep with her one room over… it’s not like she doesn’t know about it,”

 

                Rosé looked pleadingly at Sana, but Sana wasn’t having it, “What do you know?” Sana interrogated, attempting to pry Rosé’s hand from .

 

                “I can’t say, Jihyo made us promise,” Rosé whimpered when Sana finally succeeded.

 

                “Someone has dirt on Miss Perfect… I never thought I’d see the day,” Sana scoffed, “Fine. If you won’t tell me, I’ll just have to find out some other way,"