We were YOUNG & WILD

Baggage

​​​​​                “I don’t like Momo,” was the first thing Dahyun said when she saw Mina standing alone, outside of the bar.

 

                Mina thought back to the warning about Dahyun Momo had given to her. Apparently, Momo doesn’t really like you either, Mina thought.

 

                “I know. I’m sorry,” Mina said, reaching around Dahyun to give her a hug. Then she pulled back, eyeing Dahyun’s bike, “How’re we getting home on that?”

 

                “Oh, I’m sorry is my bike not good enough for Miss-Mysteriously-Got-A-BMW-From-Her-Parents-For-Getting-A-B-In-Korean,” Dahyun scoffed, crossing her arms defensively.

 

                “It wasn’t mysterious. I told you if I’d gotten an A it would have been an Audi, so I purposefully scrapped my final to get a BMW,” She shrugged nonchalantly.

 

                “I’m driving away now,” Dahyun said as she kicked off her bike.

 

                “Pedaling, but go off I guess,” Mina sighed, before realizing Dahyun was serious and chasing after her, “Wait, wait, Dahyunnie, wait!”

 

                She caught up to the girl, who was pedaling just slow enough that she could keep up now.

 

                “Stand on that back bar, and put your arms around my waist,” Dahyun instructed.

 

                “Is that safe?” Mina asked hesitantly.

 

                “We used to do this all the time in high school, of course it is,” Dahyun snorted, but now that she was thinking of it, it was always her biking and Chaeyoung chasing and jumping on her bike. Who knows what kinds of unsafe activities Chaeyoung would subject herself to. Just because she never fell doesn’t mean it was safe. But as soon as Mina wrapped her arms around Dahyun, she forgot all about her internal battle.

 

                “To Okaeri!” Mina shouted into the night, jabbing her finger triumphantly in the direction of the apartment.

 

                In the back of her mind she knew she was supposed to ask Dahyun something… but with the wind blowing in her face and her arms now wrapped securely around Dahyun, she didn’t really feel like ruining the moment trying to remember what.

 

                ~

 

                “Chaeyoung, what are we doing?” Dahyun whispered as she impatiently watched the other girl work. It was the middle of the night and Chaeyoung had dragged her out to an abandoned alleyway.

 

                “Just one more—” Chaeyoung whispered as the paint can hissed across the brick wall, “There, done,”

 

                “That says Kat. Why does it say Kat?” Dahyun grumbled.

 

                “It’s my tag. I’ve been trying to perfect it. Isn’t the little cat cute?” She asked.

 

                “No, it isn’t cute, its vandali—” Dahyun started.

 

                “Hey! You two!” Someone called.

 

                “, we gotta go. Hood up, Dub!” Chaeyoung said pushing Dahyun who had frozen in fear into motion, “I told you to be on the look out,”

 

                “I—I’m sorry,” Dahyun whimpered as they scurried down the alley to grab her bike.

 

                “Go—I’ll catch up,” Chaeyoung commanded before turning around and arming herself with stones off the ground.

 

                “Argh—what the—you good for nothing hoodrats!” The man shouted as he momentarily stopped running to dodge her projectiles.

 

                Then Chaeyoung took off running after Dahyun, “Don’t slow down,” she said when Dahyun turned around to check if she was following.

 

                Suddenly Dahyun felt a weight on the back of her bike, Chaeyoung had jumped on and was clinging onto her waist.

 

                “Are you ok?” Dahyun asked nervously as she pedaled away as fast as she could.

 

                “Ok? I’m fantastic! WAAAAHOOOOO!” Chaeyoung shouted, fist pumping into the night. She loved the thrill, the rush, the danger of spray painting. It was addictive. But most importantly, her first love had always been for art.

 

                ~

 

                After the initial shock of seeing Tzuyu’s huge lavishly decorated one-bedroom apartment, true to her word Sana walked straight through to the balcony.

 

                Tzuyu followed a moment later with two glasses of water for them. Sana gratefully accepted the drink. The faint thumping bass of Tzuyu’s neighbor’s late-night techno music could be heard slightly clearer from the balcony, but she tried not to focus on that.

 

                “There was an uh… Incident, and everyone thinks I slept with half the field hockey team when I was still in high school,” Sana explained, “I earned the reputation of going through the team, so to say,”

 

                “Did you?” Tzuyu asked.

 

                “No, but I—” Sana answered assuredly after a minute. I don’t exactly deny it when people ask either.

 

                “Then what everyone else thinks, doesn’t matter. You said you didn’t do it, that’s that,” Tzuyu answered.

 

                "Why can't more people be so trusting like you?" Sana asked wistfully.

 

                "Why can't more people be honest like you?" Tzuyu responded evenly. 

 

                “Please don’t tell anyone,” Sana whispered.

 

                Tzuyu looked at her as if she was trying to read what complex emotions must have been running through her at this moment before nodding, “I won’t,”

 

                Sana smiled weakly before turning back to the view of the city. It was just after 3am now and the very beginnings of sunlight were just starting to make their way beneath the horizon. They made comfortable small talk for a little while longer, but Sana’s eyes were drooping and Tzuyu could tell she was exhausted.

 

                “If you want you can sleep here… so you don’t have to go all the way home at this hour,” Tzuyu said.

 

                “Are you sure? You might regret it in the morning…” Sana answered.

 

                “I’m sure… but I’m not a cuddler, so you’re sleeping on the couch,” Tzuyu said pointing to the large luxurious looking couch in the den.

 

                Sana smirked knowingly in response, “We’ll see about that,” then she skipped over to the couch to settle in for the night.

 

                Tzuyu furrowed her brow in response, well that was cryptic, she thought before shaking her head and disappearing into her bedroom to go to sleep.

 

                ~

 

                Sana woke up still a little drunk about an hour later unsurprisingly in Tzuyu’s bed – to the sound of several text messages. She leaned over to silence the source of the noise when she accidentally saw several texts from “E>” on Tzuyu’s phone. Her heart plummeted, what the am I doing, she thought.

 

                Sana grabbed her own phone – which she’d thankfully fallen asleep with in her pocket – and saw she had an unopened snapchat from Nayeon asking her where she ended her wild night out. Sana knew she didn’t have any right to, but she couldn’t help but feeling a bit like she’d been played so with her remaining battery life she replied a selfie including Tzuyu sleeping next to her with the caption “Just my type, right?”

 

                Sana had a thing for heartbreakers.

 

                She put her dead phone back down and sighed, let me just enjoy this for a couple more hours, she thought. Nayeon was the best at starting rumours and Sana had always been a bit of a masochist when it came to beautiful women.

 

                ~

 

                Sana started the night on the couch… but when Tzuyu woke up there were arms around her… Sana had decided to join her in bed.

 

                That wouldn’t have been weird if Tzuyu had known Sana better. Known that she tended to sleepwalk. Known that Sana slept better cuddled next to someone. Even known that Sana knew she kinda sorta might have a small crush on her… and maybe possibly had that same feeling back. Tzuyu didn’t know any of that. In fact, they had only officially met yesterday, and Sana somehow had followed her home and into her bed.

 

                “Um g—good morning, what the ?” Tzuyu answered as calmly as she could muster with Sana this close to her.

 

                Sana opened her eyes and smiled, blinking up at Tzuyu innocently, “Oh, hey,”

 

                “How did you—why did you—where did you—” She wasn’t able to form a complete question.

 

                Sana kissed her on the cheek and giggled “Thanks for letting me crash last night,” Then she grabbed her things and skipped to the door of the apartment.

 

                “Wait, how are you getting home?” Tzuyu asked concernedly.

 

                “Uhhh elevator? I live downstairs silly,” Sana giggled once again.

 

                “You what?” Tzuyu asked, eyes widening in surprise.

 

                “Yeah, I told you I wasn’t following you,” Sana answered, rolling her eyes playfully before letting the door swing shut behind her.

 

                ~

 

                When Nayeon woke up Jeongyeon was already up at her desk studying her MCAT materials, “Did you sleep Jeongie?”

 

                “Uhh… yeah a little,” Jeongyeon answered, “You got a snapchat from Sana a couple hours ago… that can’t be good,”

 

                “What time is it?” Nayeon asked.

 

                “Six,” Jeongyeon answered.

 

                “How long have you been up?” Nayeon questioned, crawling out of bed and winding her arms around Jeongyeon as she began to kiss her neck and shoulders.

 

                Jeongyeon leaned away from her lips as she tried her best to continue studying, “Just—ah—just a little while,” she answered.

 

                Without distracting herself from her pursuit, Nayeon multitasked, opening the unread message from Sana. She instantly dropped her phone on Jeongyeon’s desk with a clatter, “What the ?” she gasped.

 

                Ok, Jeongyeon was distracted now. She picked up Nayeon’s phone to see the message that had shocked her for herself, “What the ?” she echoed.

 

                Nayeon quickly took the phone from Jeongyeon and took a screenshot. She was still dreaming right? Sana was sleeping with the new field hockey girl? Already? Nayeon had to admit, even for Sana this was ballsy.

 

[06:06] Cap’n Munch: Sana

                Cap’n Munch: Who was that in UR snapchat

                Cap’n Munch: Tell me that’s not who I think it was

                Cap’n Munch: UR getting bolder

                Cap’n Munch: I’m impressed, but still

[06:08] Cap’n Munch: Sana text me back

                Cap’n Munch: Sana I’m serious

[3 Missed calls from Cap’n Munch]

                Cap’n Munch: Where R U?

                Cap’n Munch: R U still with her?

                Cap’n Munch: Pls respond

[06:11] Cap’n Munch: R U dead?

                Cap’n Munch: Did she kidnap and murder U?

                Cap’n Munch: I knew this was 2 soon

                Cap’n Munch: We’re only two (2) days into school!!!

   Cap’n Munch: U didn’t give me enough time 2 do a background check and make sure she wasn’t some crazy Taiwanese murderer and now she’s killed you. Great.

                Cap’n Munch: Sana

[06:14] Cap’n Munch: If UR dead I’m literally going 2 kill U

[Missed call from Cap’n Munch]

[06:15] Cap’n Munch: pls call me

[06:41] Satan 😈: babe chill

[Incoming call from Satan 😈]

 

                ~

 

                Jihyo, Nayeon, and Jeongyeon along with Seungyeon and a couple of her most loyal friends stayed to clean up their house after everyone else left.

 

                “Why did she even sleep in my room? I told my friends not to sleep in your room,” Seungyeon grumbled as she dragged her sheets by two fingers to the laundry room.

 

                Jeongyeon – doing the same – sighed, “I don’t know—she was really upset—and really gay and I guess things just… happened,”

 

                Seungyeon eyed Jeongyeon’s sheets and smirked up at her younger sister, “What’d you get up to last night? Or should I say who?”

 

                “I didn’t—this is purely a precaution, Seung!” Jeongyeon spluttered.

 

                “Yeah right… you and Nayeon? I know you’ve been crushing hard for years now. When did it finally happen?” Seungyeon shot her a knowing glance.

 

                “I—It’s—it’s very new, but we haven’t told Jihyo yet. So just… don’t say anything,” Jeongyeon whispered, “She’d kill us,”

 

                “You have to tell her Jeong… she’s your best friend. The longer you wait, the worse it will be,” Seungyeon warned leaning on the washer as she loaded it.

 

                “I know, I just… I just don’t want her to feel like a third wheel you know? She’s always been the younger friend, the little sister, the baby of the friend group, and now we’re all about to leave her for college in a few months… I just don’t want her to feel left out,” Jeongyeon explained.

 

                ~

 

[06:29] Jeongyeon #0: Tzuyu what the

                Jeongyeon #0: tell me you Did not sleep with Sana

[07:30] T*: No

[07:32] T*: Sorry wrong person

                T*: But still no

                T*: Wait, how did you even know that?

[07:37] Jeongyeon #0: not Very reassuring Chou

                [Image Attached]

[07:38] T*: Ok it looks bad

                T*: I just woke up and she was there I swear

[07:40] Jeongyeon #0: first you “fell” over her In the locker room and Now you’re “falling” into her bed

                Jeongyeon #0: I smell a “falling” in Love next 😏

[07:41] T*: First of all, it was my bed that she fell into

                T*: Second of all it’s not like that

[07:42] Jeongyeon #0: ok t-Star whatever you say

                Jeongyeon #0: Just

                Jeongyeon #0: be carEful

[07:44] T*: I will. Just let me handle this

                T*: My way

 

[07:31] T<: No

                T<: Stop texting me

 

                ~

 

                “I’m sorry I’m such a terrible baker, I should have warned you,” Chaeyoung apologized when Momo walked into the kitchen.

 

                “No, no, it’s not your fault. I’ll eat literally anything when I’m drunk… I really need to practice self control,” Momo replied, “They were delicious I swear… I just may have eaten too many at once,”

 

                Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief. That’s the first time anyone had ever complimented her baking. Yeri usually wouldn’t even go near anything if Chaeyoung had cooked it. “I—well I just followed the recipe on the box,” Chaeyoung said, humbly.

 

                “Thank you for taking care of my tummy,” Momo said handing Chaeyoung back the empty mug of tea she had made her last night.

 

                “Uhh, yeah of course,” Chaeyoung said rubbing the back of her neck nervously, “Anytime,”

 

                Momo picked up her bag of weed and put it in her pocket before leaning down to give Chaeyoung a kiss on the cheek, “See you later?”

 

                “Y—yes definitely,” Chaeyoung said assuredly.

 

                Then Momo left to head back to Okaeri before class.

 

                ~

 

                “Gotta go Nayeon, Momo’s back—Motang why do you smell like… that?” Sana hung up the phone and asked suspiciously when Momo walked through their apartment door.

 

                “Sana what are you still doing here? Don’t you and Rosé usually leave by now?” Momo asked nervously.

 

                “I was waiting for you silly. You weren’t here so I worried,” Sana pouted into her coffee mug.

 

                “Oh, so you slept here last night? I thought I saw you walking home with Mina’s foreign model friend?” Momo asked knowingly as she walked into her room to start getting ready for the day.

 

                “That’s the least shocking thing that happened last night Momo and you know it, now explain yourself,” Sana said standing in Momo’s doorway with her hands on her hips, “God you smell like… like a trap house,” she fake vomited.

 

                “It’s nothing Sana…” Momo then chuckled as she remembered why she’d stayed over in the first place, “I just ate too much chocolate and got sick and had to stay over at Chaeng’s. Classic Momo, nothing more,”

 

                “You and Chaeyoungie, eh?” Sana questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

                Momo grunted as she kicked off her pants and tossed them into the hamper. As they flew by Sana she caught another whiff of the strong stench, “Oh my God! It’s your pants, what the ?” Sana said fishing them out of the hamper and feeling the pockets.

 

                “Momo I swear to God,” she said slowly as she studied the bag she found.

 

                “Relax… the fact that it’s still there should relieve you. I didn’t use it,” Momo soothed.

 

                “You promise you didn’t do drugs without me?” Sana asked pitifully.

 

                “What—that’s what you’re worried about?” Momo asked incredulously, snatching the bag away from Sana and stashing it in her sock drawer.

 

                “Um yeah, if you like drugs then so do I, hello. I’m not going to allow myself to be late to this trend like every other thing in life,” Sana explained rolling her eyes.

 

                “I don’t like drugs… just maybe the person that I got them from,” Momo mumbled.

 

                ~

 

[08:21] Jihyo Rosamaria Rodriguez de la Cruz: I’m starting Tzuyu instead of you this weekend

Jihyo Rosamaria Rodriguez de la Cruz: Maybe if you put as much effort into the team instead of making out with the cheer captain…

 

                The irony hurt. If only Jihyo knew… but Jeongyeon’s beef wasn’t with Tzuyu, what and who she did wasn’t Jeongyeon’s business and definitely not Jihyo’s. Besides, Jihyo would probably find out either way when Tzuyu inevitably ended up getting distracted by Sana again and taking a ball to the head.

 

                “What are you scowling at?” Nayeon asked, leaning over Jeongyeon’s shoulder as they walked hand in hand to the library.

 

                “Nothing… just emails from my professor,” Jeongyeon lied before clicking her phone closed and pocketing it. But not before typing a response to Jihyo.

 

[08:23] Jeongyeon: you. Nayeon was your friend too

 

                ~

 

                “Wait—you and Nayeon are dating? Since when?” Jihyo asked, hurt evident in her eyes.

 

                “I don’t know… a while I guess,” Jeongyeon muttered guiltily.

 

                “Why didn’t you tell me?” Jihyo asked, voice dripping with disappointment.

 

                “I just… I just didn’t want you to feel like second place, Ji,” Jeongyeon explained.

 

                “Well Jeongyeon, you’ve been showing up late to practices lately, and turning down every opportunity to hang out… its kind of hard not to feel like second place to whatever you’d replaced me with. At least now I know why you’ve been distant,” Jihyo ranted.

 

                “But Nayeon isn’t—” Jeongyeon started. They’d been dating for years now and Jeongyeon only just started missing practices and hangouts. Couldn’t she see?

 

                “Nayeon’s always been a bit egocentric, Jeong,” Jihyo steamed, “I expected this from her… but not you,”

 

                “Jihyo I’m sorry—I know it seems like I did this out of selfishness, but at the time I thought it was the right thing,”

 

                “The right thing to do would have been to respect me as a friend and tell me when important things like this happen so I can choose whether I want to feel bad or not instead of sneaking around and lying to me and forcing me to feel bad. But no, since you couldn’t seem to respect me as a friend, then you’ll just have to respect me as your captain,”

 

                “C—captain?” Jeongyeon answered, “You made captain?” Coach Moon had recommended Jeongyeon be the captain for her senior year, but Jeongyeon didn’t want it because she knew she wouldn’t be able to dedicate enough of her time to it with all the studying for the MCAT she’d be doing. She nominated Jihyo instead, forcing the team to have to come to a vote. She – and the whole rest of the team – knew that being captain had always been Jihyo’s dream and that she’d be a great leader, so she hadn’t bothered to check her email for the results of the poll since she knew Jihyo was a shoe in.

 

                “I would have told you, but I didn’t want you to feel like second place,” Jihyo spat as she stormed out, “See you at preseasons… you better make every single one or you’re off the team. Star player or not,”

 

                ~

 

                “Hey!” Momo said to Chaeyoung, stopping her on her way out of class, “I got you this coffee… but I ended up being late to class and having to sit near the door so that’s why I couldn’t give it to you before. Sorry if its kind of cold now…”

 

                “You got me a coffee? Wow, that’s really thoughtful! Thank you!” Chaeyoung said accepting the drink gratefully.

 

                “No, uhh thank you for last night, I know I can be a bit of a mess when I’m drunk so like thanks for putting up with me,”

 

                “It wasn’t a problem at all, you were a perfect… hungry little angel,” Chaeyoung teased, patting Momo on the head playfully.

 

                Momo blushed at the memory, “I also know how tired you get in this class… and I may have kept you up later than usual, so I felt like I owed you one,”

 

                “Oh, I wasn’t—” Chaeyoung started.

 

                “Hey Momo,” Rosé called to her, causing her to hang back after class. Chaeyoung nodded to Momo and went ahead without her.

 

                “Hey Rosé… what’s up?” Momo asked, “I’m fine by the way… Sana was overreacting this morning. I was not missing, or whatever she probably told you,”

 

                “No, I know… I just—” She said, her eyes flickered briefly towards the door before back to Momo, “Are you and Chaeyoung like… a thing?”

 

                Momo nearly choked at Rosé’s words, “How do you—whaa—why do you ask?”

 

                “We used to—we were close last year,” Rosé explained, “I worry about her sometimes… do you know if she’s sleeping well?”

 

                “I—I don’t—” Momo started.

 

                “Oh… so you two haven’t…”

 

                “No, I just went to her apartment for—to get something, and ended up passing out in her guest bedroom,”

 

                Rosé smiled warmly as if she was remembering something, “You know all the art on her walls? She painted it all, God she’s so talented. You should ask her to paint you sometime,” Rosé said.

 

                “To paint me? She paints people?” Momo asked. Among the pictures that lined the walls of Chaeyoung’s apartment she’d never seen any of people.

 

                “Rosie come on, Nayeon is going to kill us!” Sana called impatiently.

 

                “She’ll paint anything… people, buildings, cars, trees, you name it. Just ask!” Rosé answered over her shoulder before hurrying after Sana.

 

                Momo had intended to ask Chaeyoung about this, but when she walked out of class she saw Chaeyoung talking with Heejin in hushed voices. She cursed Rosé for holding her up, if she hadn’t maybe Heejin would have never approached her. She had to do something; her dancers shouldn’t be getting into drugs.

 

                ~

 

[GC: Cheer HBICs]

[09:01] Captain't: SOS emergency meeting in 5

                Captain't: ... who changed my name 2 Captain't?

[Joy is typing]

[09:02] Captain't: I S2G I'm kicking U

[Joy stopped typing]

[09:03] Goldfish: LMAO idk but that's hilarus!!

                Goldfish: ... wait a secind, why am I Goldfish?

[09:04] Eunha: OMW!

[09:05] Joy: because goldfish are dumb duh

[09:06] Satan: Is this really necessary Nayeon?

                Satan: Thank God I'm still Satan

[09:06] Captain't: U kno that's not a good thing right? 

                Captain't: Yes, very necessary. Class is the only valid escuse

[09:07] Eunha: How come I didn't get a fun nickname Sooyoung?

[09:08] Satan: wym Nay?

                Satan: Rosie and I are otw btw

[09:09] Joy: shhhh

[09:10] Drongo: piss off Sooyoung

                Drongo: who even taught you what drongo meant in the first place?

[09:11] Joy: I'm innocent!

 

                ~

 

                Chaeyoung was straddling Rosé who was laying on her stomach, propped up on her elbows. She had her paints out and was painting a beautiful sunset over the Melbourne skyline on her, and Rosé kept giggling underneath her at the feeling of the cold paint on her .

 

                “Hold on, stop moving, I’m almost finished,” Chaeyoung said as she carefully swiped the mousepad of her computer with the heel of her hand, waking the screen so she could check her reference image again. She’d never been to Australia before, but she hoped Rosé would take her one day.

 

                She finished the sky with a final of red paint and then captured the image on her phone to show Rosé. Rosé took the phone and marveled at the image in wonder before taking Chaeyoung’s hands in her own and pulling them to her lips to kiss them like she always did.

 

                “Rosé—babe—wait stop you’ll—” Chaeyoung couldn’t pull her messy hands away in time and before she knew it she had little red kiss marks all over her hands and arms, “—get paint on your lips,” she finished, but it was too late.

 

                “Oops,” Rosé said, with a smirk of her red paint stained lips.

 

                She sighed at the cute mess Rosé had made and the perfect red lip imprint on her wrist… yeah, she was whipped.

 

                ~

 

                “Hey Kat, I heard you restocked purp?” Heejin quietly asked Chaeyoung.

 

                “You’re not going to use it for your anime thing again…” Chaeyoung asked suspiciously.

 

                “But I find it so… inspiring!” Heejin exclaimed.

 

                “There are so many better things you could be doing… no, you’re literally tripping—” Chaeyoung started.

 

                “Hey Heejin!” Momo said walking up suddenly, throwing an arm around Chaeyoung casually.

 

                “OH! Momo-ssi I didn’t see you there!” Heejin said nervously looking from side to side, “I was just…”

 

                Momo shot Chaeyoung a knowing look, “Bad time?”

 

                Chaeyoung shrugged guiltily at Momo before looking questioningly at Heejin.

 

                “You know what… I’ll just come back later,” Heejin said shooting her dance captain an over-large smile before bowing before walking away.

 

                “What the Chaeyoung? She’s on the team! You have to tell me about these things!” Momo exclaimed once Heejin was out of earshot.

 

                “We were just talking…” Chaeyoung grumbled.

 

                “Just talking my , but if you don’t want to tell me that’s fine,” Momo said crossing her arms and looking away.

 

                “No—wait! It’s just… who I have business with… I can’t tell you about that just yet,” She pleaded, pulling on Momo’s arm and trying to get her to look at her.

 

                Momo looked at Chaeyoung’s desperate eyes and sighed, “How much weed do you have? I’ll buy it all,”

 

                “Wh—what?” Chaeyoung asked, jaw dropping in surprise, “I—I don’t—why?”

 

                “Would you believe that I just want another excuse to hang out with you?” Momo answered. “And maybe also because I don’t want you hanging out with my dancers,”

 

                “O—Ok… I’ll see what I can do,” Chaeyoung answered unsteadily.

 

                ~

 

                “I ed up,” Momo said, out of breath as she ran to catch up with Sana.

 

                “What did you do this time?” The girl asked impatiently as she allowed Momo to lead her out of hearing distance from Rosé.

 

                “I may have asked my drug dealer for all of her weed… I panicked, she was going to give it to one of my dancers instead!” Momo said.

 

                “Calm down, we’ll figure this out. Uhhh how much weed are we talking? Your sock drawer isn’t that big,”

 

                “I didn’t ask…”

 

[10:47] Momo: How much weed do you have?

[10:48] Sleepy Cub 🐅: bro wtf you can’t just ask someone how much w**d they have!

[10:49] Momo: Wood?

                Momo: It’s ok, no one else besides me and Sana are reading these texts

[10:50] Sleepy Cub 🐅:

                Sleepy Cub 🐅: are you sure?

[10:51] Momo: Uhh no?

[10:52] Sleepy Cub 🐅: it’s ok, the fbi man in our phones can’t read asterisks

[10:53] Momo: Oh that’s smart, me either

                Momo: S* h*w *u*h *e*d *o *o* h*v*?

[10:54] Sleepy Cub 🐅: ?

[10:55] Momo: Wow you’re right, it works

[10:56] Sleepy Cub 🐅: no

                Sleepy Cub 🐅: Momo

                Sleepy Cub 🐅: you only need an asterisk in the one word

[10:57] Momo: OOH that makes sense

[10:58] Sleepy Cub 🐅: so what was your question?

[10:59] Momo: I don’t remember, I can’t read the asterisks…

[11:00] Sleepy Cub 🐅: 🤦🏻‍♀️

 

                “Sana what was I supposed—” Momo started to ask, but she noticed Sana was no longer standing next to her. She had had to excuse herself to run off with Rosé to Nayeon’s upperclassmen emergency meeting.

 

                ~

 

                “Why did you call an emergency meeting Nayeon?” Park Sooyoung asked, checking her watch impatiently.

 

                “Got somewhere else to be? I told you, class was the only exception,” Nayeon snapped.

 

                “Nayeon, we’re cheerleaders… we have lives you know?” Sana teased.

 

                “Yeah, and yours is why we’re in this mess in the first place,” Nayeon growled.

 

                “Woah, hey now, I told you I didn’t sleep with her,” Sana said nonchalantly.

 

                “Didn’t sleep with who?” Jinsoul asked, always last to arrive, tossing her backpack down by the lockers.

 

                “T-Star—or T-something, idk that’s what Jeongyeon called her,” Nayeon answered annoyedly.

 

                “Tzuyu,” Sana answered patiently, “And I didn’t have with her, I just… its hard to explain if you don’t already know,” she sighed.

 

                “There’s something about Sana’s life that we don’t already know?” Rosé giggled.

 

                “Let me guess, you finally bagged Jihyo and now you’ve got crabs?” Sooyoung snorted.

 

                Nayeon smacked Sooyoung on the back of the head, “Don’t be disgusting,”

 

                “I was joking!” Sooyoung groaned rolling her eyes, “Because she’s crabby,”

 

                “I’m not interested in Jihyo… that way,” Sana answered carefully, she didn’t want Nayeon to smack her too.

 

                “Well that makes two of you, because Jihyo is defo not interested in you either,” Rosé cackled.

 

                “How do you know?” Sana asked quickly, hurt evident in her voice, “Did Jennie say something?”

 

                Instantly Rosé stopped laughing, “No—no, never mind, babe relax, she didn’t say anything… Eunha?”

 

                “What? Rosé!” Eunha said, taken off guard and smacking Rosé unappreciatively for dragging her into this, “Don’t look at me! Sowon doesn’t talk to me about Tzuyu… or Jihyo!”

 

                “Stop making this about Jihyo!” Nayeon cried out in frustration, “Not everything is always about Jihyo!”

 

                “Yeah, wait I kinda want to hear about how Sana had with the new girl,” Jinsoul added.

 

                “She didn’t have with her!” Nayeon, Rosé, and Sooyoung shouted in unison.

 

                “Then why’s she telling everyone she did?” Jinsoul asked.

 

                “I’m not!” Sana exclaimed in desperation.

 

                “Not you—Tzuyu is,” Jinsoul replied.

 

                “SHE WHAT?” Sana asked, eyes widening in surprise