Breathe In. Breathe Out.

I Know There's Nothing Left To Cling To (But I'm still calling out your name)

Chaeyoung was having breakfast at their dorm, as per usual she woke up earlier than the rest of the members, she has happily enjoying her toast, taking her time and enjoying the quiet of the morning, when she felt a tickle on the back of . 

The last few days had shown the first hints of winter with the temperature going down and leaving a cold mist throughout the day, the young girl thinks maybe going out without a jacket had not been a good idea, maybe that’s where the itch is coming from, yet she thought nothing of it and simply cleared and made herself some lemon tea with honey.

Later the girls where coming back from practice, what with a future comeback around the block they needed all the practice they could get.

“I really can’t wait for the comeback, the new choreo is fire.” Lisa exclaimed as they all sat down on the dance studios floor, tired. 

Jisoo smirks. “You are only saying that ‘cause this one has a dance solo for you.” She says jokingly shoving her.  

“You all did great out there.” The choreographer says as he picks up his things.  “I know that was rough today, but you’re still training tomorrow. You all need more practice before the comeback.”

Jennie sighs at his orders, “Can’t we take a break for one day?” 

Chaeyoung smiles as Jennie leans heavily against her side. She can smell the lingering notes of vanilla on the brunette’s skin and it causes her heart to flutter in an all familiar way when she starts filling the same tickle on .

“No breaks.” The choreographer replies with a stern glance. “Gather your things and let’s call it a day.”

“Buzzkill.” Jennie whispers on her ear and Chaeyoungs heart once again beats a mile per minute and the blonde can feel her breath catching when the older girls lips brush softly over her ear.

You see everything was going great well as great as it could go when one is in love with their best friend. Which is not as bad as it seems, Chaeyoung knows she is in love with Jennie and she also knows that she doesn’t stand a chance, because well… one why would someone like Jennie want to be with someone like her, a church girl with no experience at all and number two how can she hold a candle to someone like Kai? 

But here’s the thing though, although it hurts she had come to terms with it, with her feelings, knowing Jennie is her best friend and only her best friend, with the fact that she could only hold her briefly before letting her to another.

But is fine, she could make due with what she got and that was the best friend the universe could have ever produced, the human being she was able to call a best friend, because she was still able to tell Jennie she loved her, she still got to comfort her when she was sad, she still got to wrap her arms around her.

Which is why it was terribly unfortunate that all that acceptance had to be ruined by an itch against the back of ...

As the girls pick up their things and walk outside the studio, she sees Kai waiting for her best friend, who in turn hugs him and kisses him back which only causes the itch to come back with enough force to make it uncomfortable. 

Jennie flashes a smiles and turns to them “Wanna come to dinner with us?”

Lisa and Jisoo accept the invitation, while Chaeyoung was busy trying to clear .

“Chaeyoungie?”

She turns to look at the expectant faces of her friends when she sees the intertwine hands of Kai and Jennie and this time she actually feels something stuck on and a short stutter of her heart makes it harder to breathe as she panics a little.

“Chae are you okay?” Jennie asks worridley.

“I’m fine.” She manages to say. “I can’t go...I have plans… Um have fun!” Is the last thing she says as she runs towards the bathroom locking the door behind her and leans forward on the sink coughing until the mystery object flutters past her lips landing on the ceramic below her.

Her eyes stared almost unseeingly at the flower petal for a few seconds, her fingers shook as she reached to pick it up and rest it in her left palm. Her jaw tightened and then trembled. A flower petal.

A tear leaked on to her cheekbone. How can something so small bring her so much anguish and sadness. 

“Oh my God...”

A ing flower petal… Well so much for things beings fine.