Chapter 9: Your girl

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun woke up with her head aching like hell.

 

“Ugh~”

“How did I get here?” She thinks of it.

 

Suddenly, she felt like watching a movie. She saw everything that happened last night in her head.

 

“How could I vomit like that on public?!” Dahyun felt really embarrassed about it.

 

The memory continued to ‘play’ in her head until….

 

“Holy cow… Did Momo and I really—“ She checks her body under her blanket.

“Oh, I have my clothes on. Based on movies, if you did that, you would be the next day. That part must be a dream.” Dahyun felt relieved about it.

 

She went to her bathroom and found the leakage from her faucet going on.

 

“Feels like déjà vu.” Dahyun takes tapes and cloths.

 

“Doing this, again and again, would cause me more. With the water leaking and me, running out of tape, I’ll need to pay more.” She went out to buy a new faucet instead.

 

“Problem is— Stupid me.”

 

She knocks on Momo’s door.

 

“Momo, are you up?” She asked.

 

Momo opens the door and says, “I’m not done cutting my nails yet.”

 

“I didn’t even ask but okay?” Dahyun was completely clueless why she mentioned that.

“Do you know how to replace a faucet?” Dahyun asked.

 

Momo nods.

 

“Good. Come with me.” Dahyun pulls her to her place.

“I already told her I’m not done cutting my nails yet. Is she that excited about it?“ Momo gulps.

 

“Please replace my faucet.” Dahyun gives her the newly bought one.

“I don’t know how to do it so—hehe…” Dahyun rubs her nape shyly.

“I thought—“

“You thought what?”

 

Momo shakes her head.

 

“Nothing. Okay, give that to me.”

 

Momo replaces Dahyun’s faucet for her. After doing so, she went out of the bathroom, looking really sweaty.

 

“Sorry for giving you a hard time so early in the morning.” Dahyun wipes her sweat for her.

“Let’s have breakfast together. I cooked instant noodles for two.” Dahyun smiles at her sweetly.

“Instant noodles again. Someone here’s going to die early.” Momo joked.

“Hey, don’t say that. The kids are still too young for me to die.”

“Normal people would say ‘I’m still too young to die’ but you say that. Care about yourself too, will you?”

“Yes, ma’am. Enough with the talks and eat before it gets cold.” Dahyun feeds Momo.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Before leaving her place, she looked in the mirror and found herself smiling. Seeing herself looking happy for the first time before leaving for work made her smile even more.

 

“I’ll go now~” She looked around the house and found no one to tell that thing to, still. But her smile didn’t disappear because she knows that once she opens the door, she’ll see one person who’ll always be there for her.

 

“Let’s go. The rain might pour any moment from now,” said Momo.

“Yes, let’s go.” Dahyun holds Momo’s hand.

 

And for her, that one person is more than enough to make her everyday life happy.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Momo and Dahyun had lunch with their co-workers they hanged-out with last night, including their boss.

 

“This tastes good. You should try it.” Their boss puts some of it on Dahyun’s plate.

“Uh, thank you, sir.” Dahyun smiles awkwardly.

“Are you feeling better now?” He asked.

“Yes, sir. Sorry for last night.” Dahyun apologized shyly.

“That’s okay. That’s normal for first-timers. You’ll get used to it.” He smiles at her.

 

While eating, their boss suddenly tried to wipe the sauce on Dahyun’s cheek.

His sudden action made all of them quiet. They all felt awkward about his action towards Dahyun except for Momo who was feeling jealous.

 

“I can do it, sir. Thank you.” Dahyun takes the tissue from him. While wiping her cheek, she looked at Momo. Momo wasn’t saying or doing anything, but her eyes look so mad. To calm her down, Dahyun held her hand below the table and caressed it.

 

Surprised about it, Momo looked at her. Dahyun smiled, thinking, “Don’t be jealous.”

With the special connection between them, her message was able to reach Momo.

Momo smiled back at her and nodded.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

While working, they kept on looking at each other and smiling.

 

“I miss you.” Momo texted Dahyun.

 

Dahyun chuckled after reading it.

 

“Did your boyfriend send you a message?” A co-worker of them asked.

“Huh? No, I just saw a funny post.” Dahyun lied.

 

“Boyfriend… Thinking of it, what is our relationship status? I don’t think we’re dating. We haven’t even told each other ‘I love you’ yet. Wait—Do I already love her?” Dahyun asked herself and looked at Momo.

 

As she watched her work, Dahyun smiled again and told herself, “Yes, Dahyun, you already do.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

One night, while having dinner together, Momo suddenly felt massive pain on her chest.

 

“Are you okay?” Dahyun worriedly asked.

 

Momo wasn’t able to say anything out of pain.

 

“Hey, should I call an ambulance?” Dahyun starts panicking.

 

Momo shook her head and held Dahyun’s hand.

 

“Don’t worry.” Momo smiles slightly.

“It’s getting better,” said Momo.

 

“What’s wrong? Why did it ache suddenly? Do you have a heart problem?” Dahyun gets really worried for her.

“I also don’t know. It aches a lot these days. There was even a time when I woke up in the middle of the night with a very fast heartbeat. And it was so weird because it felt like I stopped breathing for a while before that. “

“You must go for a check-up. Skip work for a day for that,” said Dahyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter