Chapter 2: Snow White and the 7 kids

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You—can see through me.” Slowly, Dahyun put her hand on Momo’s cheek.
“Can you not flirt here?! You’re blocking the way!” One woman pushes Dahyun, making her fall towards Momo.

Not wanting Dahyun to get hurt, Momo catches Dahyun quickly.

“You’re kind of heavy,” said Momo.

Dahyun kind of blushed and stood straight.

“Thank you for catching me. Let’s go.” Dahyun walks out of the station.

After walking for half an hour going to the orphanage, Momo stopped and pulled Dahyun’s shirt.

“Won’t we take the taxi? You told me earlier that it’s near the station, but we’ve been walking for half an hour, and we haven’t reached the orphanage yet.” Momo pants.
“Taxi is too expensive! And I don’t remember saying it’s near. I said it’s KIND OF near. Continue walking. We’ll be there soon.” Dahyun taps Momo’s back.
“How ‘soon’?”
“After around 15 minutes,” Dahyun answered.
“Ugh! This girl is really stingy!” Momo told herself.

Like what Dahyun said, they reached the orphanage after 16 minutes more of walking.

“It looks old. Is anyone still living here?” Momo asked.
“Of course!” Dahyun opens the gate and calls sister Jihye, the nun taking care of all the kids. “Sister~”

Sister Jihye comes out after hearing someone calling her.

“Dahyun, it’s you!”

Dahyun runs to her for a hug.

“Kids, Dahyun-unnie is here!”

The kids came out, running out of excitement.

“Dahyun-unnie!” They excitedly hugged her.

Everyone was able to hug her, except for Chaeyoung, the shortest and youngest one because the other kids were pushing her away.

“So unfair! I want to hug Dahyun-unnie too!” Chaeyoung complains.

Dahyun chuckled and carried Chaeyoung.

“Yay!” Chaeyoung hugs Dahyun.
“Carry me too, unnie!” The other kids jumped.
“Dahyun-unnie’s already tired. I’ll carry you all and play with you later, okay?” Dahyun puts Chaeyoung down.

Chaeyoung ran away, suddenly. She went behind the door and asked, “Why are you hiding? Come here.” She pulled a new kid towards Dahyun.
“Unnie, this is Mina. She’s new here!” Chaeyoung introduced her.
“She just arrived a few days ago, that’s why she’s still uncomfortable and shy,” said Sister Jihye.

Dahyun crouches in front of Mina.

“Hello, Mina. You’re such a beautiful kid. I’m Dahyun-unnie.” Dahyun caresses her head.

Mina looks down and bites her lip, feeling too shy to talk.

“Are you scared of me?”

Mina shakes her head.

“Are you shy?”

Mina nods.

“I see. Let’s play later with the others for you to feel more comfortable here, okay? It will be fun.”

Dahyun takes an orange from her bag. “Do you like oranges?”

Mina nods.

“Here, take it. It’s yours.” Dahyun hands it to her.

She took it and bowed before running towards Chaeyoung to share the orange with her.

“Is she mute?” Dahyun asked.
“No, she’s just that shy.” Sister Jihye answered.

Seeing how the kids get excited just by knowing Dahyun came, Momo wasn’t able to help herself from smiling.

“She has that strong personality but she’s actually this soft. Even the new kid seems to like her already. I wish every person in this world is like her, so that everyone would feel special.” Momo told herself.

“I almost forgot about you.” Dahyun laughs.
“I’m sorry. Come with me. I’ll introduce you to everyone.” Dahyun holds Momo’s arm and walks with her towards the others.

“Sister, this is Momo, my friend. She came here today to help with the cleaning and to play with the kids,” said Dahyun.
“I will?” Momo asked.
“Won’t you?” Dahyun flashes a sarcastic smile on her.
“Uh, yes, I will.” Momo smiles awkwardly.
“That’s so nice of you. Thank you so much, Momo. Anyway, I’m sister Jihye. I’m the one who takes care of the kids here and also the orphanage.” She introduced herself.

“Kids, line up so I could easily introduce you to Momo-unnie,” said Dahyun.
“Let’s start from the left. The first kid is Nayeon. She’s the oldest one.”
“But I look like the youngest, right?” Nayeon blinks her eyes.
“She’s kind of a narcissist,” Dahyun chuckles.
“The second one is Jeongyeon. She’s a girl. Don’t be fooled by her handsome looks.”
“Stay away from me. You’re being disgusting again!” Jeongyeon scolds Sana for clinging on her.
“Shh! No fighting!” Sister Jihye scolded them.
“Sana is being flirty again!” Jeongyeon complained.

Momo laughed, seeing a kid being flirty at this age.

“That’s cute,” said Momo.
“Did unnie just call me cute?” Sana puffs her cheek.
“I guess.”

Sana hugs Momo.

“I like you already,” said Sana.
“That kid is Sana. She’s kind of clingy and—flirty.” Dahyun whispered.
Momo nods while giggling, agreeing with Dahyun.

“The next kid is Jihyo. She changed her name because she wants to be like sister Jihye. She’s the most matured one, I’d say.”
“The next one is Chaeyoung, while the one hiding behind her is Mina.”
“Chaeyoung’s so small. She’s so cute,” said Momo.
“Is unnie betraying me?” Sana frowns and puts her hands on her hips.
“Sana—“ Dahyun shakes her head as a sign she should stop.
“Alright—“ Sana stands properly while pouting.

“The last kid is Tzuyu. She’s the tallest but she’s actually the same age as Chaeyoung, meaning she’s also the youngest.”
“She’s a savage talker. Take that as a warning.” Dahyun whispered.

“Kids, this is Momo-unnie, my friend. We’ll play later with her,” said Dahyun.

Momo smiles at them.

“Another playmate! Yay!” They clapped and jumped at the same time.

Dahyun gives them orange one by one.

“I’ll share this with you too because you shared your orange with me,” said Chaeyoung.
“Thank you,” said Mina.

“Oh, she really talks,” said Dahyun.

“Go inside for now and rest. You must be really tired. I’ll go to cook our lunch first,” said Sister Jihye.

They came in together.

“Sister~” Jihyo runs to her.
“Let me help you with the cooking today too,” said Jihyo.

She smiled and patted her head.

“Alright, let’s do it together.”

Dahyun smiled, seeing how cute Jihyo is for looking up at Sister Jihye a lot.

“Is she aware that nuns can’t be married?” Momo asked.
“She’s just a kid. Let her dream,” said Dahyun.

They went to Dahyun’s room.

“I forgot to tell you that I’ll be spending the night here. You can go home later if you want to, but if you’ll be spending the night here too, you’ll need to sleep on the floor because I only have one bed. I’ll provide you a mat, so don’t worry.”
“I don’t really know how the transportation back to my place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter