Chapter 11: THE END

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo opens her eyes, feeling really weak and dizzy.

 

“Where am I?” She tried to move, but she couldn’t. Only her eyes could move at the moment and base on what she could see, she’s in the hospital.

 

“Where’s…” Momo pauses. She knows that there is someone special to her that she wants to see, but she can’t remember her name or her face.

 

“Why can’t I move? What’s going on? I’m also feeling too weak to say a single word.”

 

A nurse comes in and looks at her.

 

“Oh, you’re up. Please wait for a while. I’m going to call a doctor for you.” He goes out.

 

He came back with a doctor like what he said earlier.

 

“This is unexpected. After all those seizures and heart-stopping in three months, we thought you would no longer wake up,” said the doctor.

“It looks like she can’t talk, still, doctor,” said the nurse.

“That’s normal. Let’s observe her for a week more.”

 

“What’s going on here? Did he just say I slept for three months?” Momo gets confused.

 

She closed her eyes and suddenly, everything that happened to her three months ago played in her head like a videotape.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

Momo was walking going to her work when she saw a woman who looks really confused. It was Dahyun. She was looking around with her phone on her hand.

 

“It must be her first time here in the city,” Momo told herself.

 

Momo stopped walking to continue watching her.

With the light still red and Dahyun looking at her phone, she walked backward.

Momo saw a car coming Dahyun’s direction. Without looking around, Momo ran to save her. But her sudden action caused another car to hit her. They’ve been hit by two different cars at the same time.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

Momo opened her eyes and felt her tears dropping. She doesn’t know why but she felt a massive heartache after remembering what happened.

 

After 6 months…

 

While preparing her dinner, Momo left the TV on for her to hear the news, at least.

 

“I’m with Sister Jihye right now and she would like to say something,” said the reporter.

 

“Sister Jihye?” Momo goes to watch the television after hearing a familiar name.

 

“We still have seven kids here. Please don’t demolish the orphanage. Someone is working to keep us alive and pay all the bills. She just got hospitalized for a few months, that’s why we had no fund for quite some time. But she’s alright now and she’s doing her best. Please have mercy on the kids, at least.”

 

Momo doesn’t know why but memories about her playing with seven kids at the same orphanage seen at the television came into her head. She also felt some heartache, thinking an orphanage with kids on it would be demolished.

After that, she quickly called everyone she knows who could help in keeping the orphanage.

 

“You have to buy it. That’s the only way for it not to be demolished.”

“Then—how much do I need to pay for that?”

 

Momo doesn’t know why, but she was more than willing to spend all the money she saved for years just to keep an orphanage with people she doesn’t even know.

 

She fixed all the needed documents and bought the orphanage as soon as possible.

 

“I don’t know why but—“ Momo holds her chest with a smile.

“—my heart is happy abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter