Chapter 6: Kiss

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Dahyun woke up without Momo by her side.

 

“She left without even telling me.” Dahyun sighs.

“But knowing her—maybe she just didn’t want to disturb me, that’s why she didn’t try waking me up just to say goodbye.”

 

“Unnie, are you up?” Jihyo knocked at the door.

“I am. You can come in,” said Dahyun.

 

Jihyo comes in with Momo.

 

“Good morning~”

“Good morning Dahyun-unnie!”

 

They greeted Dahyun before handing her the bowl of breakfast they prepared for her.

 

“I thought you already left.”

“Why would I even leave without telling you? I just woke up early so I could go to the market with Sister Jihye and prepare you something to eat.”

 

Dahyun smiles, thinking, that was so sweet of Momo.

 

“Unnie, I cooked that with Momo-unnie. I hope you will like it.” Jihyo smiles.

“I’m sure I will because my little Jihyo cooks so well.” Dahyun caresses her cheek.

 

Jihyo grins cutely and says, “I’ll have my breakfast now with the others downstairs. Bye, Dahyun-unnie.”

 

She leaves.

 

“The kids here are nothing like you.” Momo sits down beside Dahyun.

“Why? Aren’t they cute?” Dahyun blinks her eyes.

“They’re very cute, but they are sweet, unlike you.” Momo teases Dahyun again.

 

Dahyun hits Momo.

 

“Why are you such a bully to me? When I first met you, you were nice and innocent but now…” Dahyun rolls her eyes.

“I learned this from you. Can’t you remember how much of a tease you were when you met me?”

“I don’t remember bullying you.”

“Should I remind you?” Momo asked.

“Yes, better enlighten me.”

 

“You called me a stalker and a weirdo out loud in public. Because of that, people kept looking at me like I’m a creep. Also, last week, when I asked you for your number, you told me you don’t want to give it to me because I look like someone who would give it to anyone I know just for fun. Do I look that crazy to you?”

“Are those bullying?”

“Also, when I asked you where you live, you told me you don't want to let me know because I might feel bad about my place for looking that messy and ugly. My place is kind of good too, okay?”

 

Dahyun laughs.

 

“That was a joke. It was the opposite. My place is really messy and small.”

 

“Another reason why I always tease you—“ Momo looks at her with a smile.

“—didn’t you tell me before that people tease each other more when they are closer. I think we’ve gone closer, that’s why.” Momo explained.

“In this short period of time, you already think we’re close?” Dahyun asked.

 

Momo nods.

 

“Don’t you think so?” Momo asked.

“Well—“ Dahyun thinks of it.

“I’m feeling more comfortable with you now. It’s also fine with me to sleep beside you, so I guess we are,” said Dahyun.

“Hope we could be closer than this. It makes me really happy.”

 

Suddenly, Dahyun remembered the moment when they almost kissed. The memory made her push Momo off her bed.

 

“Ahh!” Momo falls on the floor.

“What did I even say for you to push me suddenly?” Momo stands up, holding her painful for falling.

 

Dahyun went speechless, not knowing what alibi to say.

 

“Good thing the floor didn’t get broken. If not, I would have been injured badly.”

 

Momo waited for Dahyun to apologize and explain her sudden action, but she didn’t say a word.

 

“I guess you don’t want me here by your side. I’m going to leave, then.” Feeling annoyed, Momo took her hanging clothes and put it in her bag.

 

“Momo—“ Dahyun calls her shyly.

“What?” Momo coldly asked.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why did you even push me?”

“I just—“ Dahyun bites her lip, feeling embarrassed about the reason.

 

“Just what?”

“I remembered what you did yesterday, and it made me shy that’s why I—“

“What did I do yesterday?”

“The—“ Dahyun pouts slightly.

 

Momo tilts her head and asks, “What are you doing?”

 

“—k-kiss…” Dahyun looks down, blushing.

 

Momo walks towards her to lift her chin up. She leaned closer, making their faces only a few inches away from each other.

 

“You should have told me you want a kiss instead of pushing me. You didn’t need to hurt me for that. I’m not a masochist.” Momo half-whispered.

“That’s not really what I mean—“ Dahyun gulped and looked at Momo’s lips.

 

Hearing her words, Momo stood up properly.

 

“I thought you want it. Sorry about that.” Momo apologized.

“I think I like it though…” Dahyun whispered.

“Hmm?” Momo didn’t hear it.

“Uh, nothing. I think my foot is feeling better. Maybe I can already go back tomorrow with you,” said Dahyun.

“So you really want me to stay until you get well?” Momo asked.

 

Dahyun scratches her head and shyly answers, “I guess…“

 

“I’m a simpleton. Tell me something and I’ll do it.” Momo puts her hanging clothes back.

 

“Simpleton…” Dahyun chuckles.

“I remember something from that word,” said Dahyun.

“What is it?” Momo asked.

“Do you know what my work is?” Dahyun asked.

“Now thinking of it, you never really told me about that.”

“I’m a mail carrier.”

“I thought mail carriers are all men.”

“I’m unique.” Dahyun joked.

 

“There was a time when I needed to deliver a mail to JYPE.”

“I work there. Maybe I saw you that time, that’s why I dream of you,” said Momo.

“That didn’t happen a long time ago though. You said you’ve been dreaming of me for a while now.”

“I guess that wasn’t the time I saw you then.”

 

“Back to the story—I saw a middle-aged man laughing at his co-worker for being a simpleton and easily following his commands. That jerk’s words and laughter pissed me off in an instant that’s why I tripped him with my foot for him to fall in front of many people.” Dahyun shakes her head.

 

Momo takes her phone and looks for something.

 

“Hey, are you listening?” Dahyun asked.

 

Momo nodded but still kept on using her phone.

 

“Is the man you saw—” Momo shows her a photo.

“—him?”

“Yes! I can clearly remember that jerk’s face clearly! That’s him!” Dahyun gets annoyed instantly after seeing his face again.

“Wait, how did you know?” Dahyun gets puzzled.

“Don’t tell me—“

“Yeah, I must be the simpleton he was talking about.” Momo chuckles.

“How could you still laugh after knowing he laughs at you for following his commands?”

“I don’t know. I guess I’m used to being treated that way, that’s why. But thank you. Because of you, I’ve decided to never follow anyone’s command at the office again. I don’t get any payment or incentive for it so why would I do it, right?”

“Exactly! Keep on thinking that way. Never let anyone make a fool out of you or use you.”

“Sir, yes, sir!” Momo salutes.

 

Dahyun salutes back as she laughs with Momo.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the afternoon, Momo went to the room to rest.

 

“I though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter