Chapter 1: The girl in my dreams

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*alarm beeps*

 

“Ugh~!”

 

Momo turns it off and closes her eyes.

 

“5 more minutes.”

 

“Don’t you think you should get up now?” A girl’s face suddenly popped out in her dreams.

“Ahh!” Momo got so shocked, she moved away, causing her to fall off her bed. She held her back, feeling so much pain from the fall.

 

“It’s the girl again. This is seriously getting creepier every day. I don’t even know her.”

 

She stood up and stretched her body.

 

 

Dahyun’s boss called her to curse and shout at her for being late again.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. I’m on my way now.”

“You better be! Be thankful I owe your parents a lot. If not, you would die from starvation for being unemployed!” He hangs up.

 

“Okay, Dahyun. Ignore that and start your day with a—“ She opened her bathroom’s door and found a water leakage from her faucet.

 

“—Seriously?! How could I even— Ugh! That’s okay, calm down. You can fix that. Start your day with a smile, still.”

 

Dahyun takes tapes and cloths.

 

“That would do for now.” She wrapped the hole with tapes and cloths.

 

Before leaving her place, she looked at her sad face in the mirror and smiled.

 

“I’ll go now~” She looked around the house and found no one to tell that thing to, as always. It made her sad, but still, she kept smiling.

 

She walked going to her work while smiling brightly.

 

“Good morning!” The fruit vendor greeted her.

“Good morning, halmeoni!” Dahyun greets her back.

“Here, take this. I’m sure you’re not eating yet.” The vendor hands her some bread.

“Are you sure? How about you? Have you eaten?”

“Yes, I’m done. My son brought so much bread for me and I can’t possibly finish it all, so I thought I could give you some.”

“Thank you so much, halmeoni. I’m going to help you sell fruits again this coming weekend so you’ll be able to rest.” Dahyun smiles at her.

“I’ll be going now, halmeoni. “

“Take care! Eat a lot! You’re losing so much weight!”

“I will!” Dahyun waves her goodbye.

 

Dahyun checks the bread while walking.

 

“This is a lot! I could have some now, some for lunch and some for dinner. I could even keep some for tomorrow too. I’m really blessed!” Dahyun takes one and eats it on her way to work.

 

 

“Momo, edit and print all the documents at the folder I saved in this drive. After that, make a copy of all the documents right there.” He points at the table with a pile of documents.

“Okay, sir.” Momo nods.

 

He leaves with another co-worker.

While inside the elevator, the two of them talked.

 

“She’s total a simpleton. I just told her to do my job, and she agreed to. She even still calls me ‘sir’ until now after I told her to, before, even though we have the same position.” He laughs.

“I told you, she likes you. Why don’t you date her?”

“No way! She’s so much of a weirdo!”

 

Hearing his words made Dahyun really mad. She doesn’t know who that girl is, but she hates the fact that he uses her and talks bad behind her.

 

She stretches her neck, left and right.

The elevator opens and right before taking another step, he tripped over Dahyun’s foot and fell in front of all the people waiting for the elevator.

 

Dahyun acted like nothing happened and walked out of the building.

 

“!” Dahyun rolls her eyes out of annoyance.

 

 

Everyone at the office already left, but Momo’s still there, finishing someone else’s work.

 

It was already around midnight when she finished doing everything.

 

“Another tiring day…” She yawns.

 

She went home and fell asleep instantly. She wasn’t even able to change her clothes.

The next day, she got awake without dreaming of anyone and anything.

 

“I didn’t dream of her last night—that’s good,” Momo told herself.

 

While eating her breakfast, she suddenly wondered, “Why didn’t I dream of her?”

 

“Why am I even wondering why? I should be happy I just stopped dreaming of her.”

“But—“ Momo tilts her head.

“—I think I’ve gotten used to it that I’m now longing to see her.” Momo sighs and puts her chopsticks down.

 

“After all, she’s the only one I talk to every day.”

 

While walking going to her work, she realized something.

 

“I’ve been working for a long time, but I haven’t made any friends yet. Maybe I should try talking with my officemates now.”

 

“Good morning, everyone.” Momo smiled at everyone after greeting them, but none of them greeted her back.

 

Feeling embarrassed, she just sat down.

 

“This is why I never tried talking with them. I knew this would happen.” Momo gets teary, feeling like everyone dislikes her, even though she does everything they ask her to do.

 

After a couple of hours, Ms. Lee, an officemate of hers, ran to her.

 

“Can you deliver these documents personally in my place? My feet hurt today from falling last night for being really tired.”

“Can’t you just ask a postman to deliver it for you? I’ve got lots to do today too.”

“It needs to be delivered today, so a postman is no longer recommended. Please do it. I’ll treat you to dinner some time.”

 

Momo looked at her feet, thinking, “How could she stand properly if her feet hurt?”

 

“Ouch!” Ms. Lee acted like she was in pain after noticing Momo’s eyes.

 

She puts the documents on Momo’s desk and says, “Send me an e-mail after delivering it” before leaving.

 

“I haven’t even said ‘Yes’ and she already—“ Momo sighs.

“She didn’t even thank me.” Momo takes the documents and leaves to deliver it.

 

“I thought that won’t do it.” Ms. Lee chuckled.

“You’re so bad. Your feet won’t hurt if you didn’t get so drunk last night and fell,” says Ms. Jung, another officemate of them who’s close with Ms. Lee.

“You should also have asked a postman to deliver those documents two weeks ago. Why do your job the last minute?” Another officemate of them asked.

“Aish~ It’s’s totally fine and normal! She’s used to it! Don’t you all ask her to do your jobs too?!” Ms. Lee annoyingly asked.

 

Feeling guilty, they all suddenly changed their minds and sided with Ms. Lee.

 

 

While walking going to the place where she needs to deliver the documents, she saw someone who looks very familiar.

 

“Isn’t she—“ Her world suddenly slowed down. Everyone and everything around her suddenly turned blurry, except for the familiar-looking girl.  Her heartbeat also went crazy suddenly. The feeling was so unexplainable, but she didn’t waste any time, thinking what’s going on.

 

“I can’t be wrong. That’s her. She’s the girl I see in my dreams.” Momo ran after her.


"Excuse me," Momo pulls her arm.
She turned around and asked, "Yes?"
"Do you know me?" Momo asked.

The girl chuckled and said, "I've heard that before. You can't fool me anymore. Let me guess-- Later you're going to tell me 'I've met you in my dreams' and say that I'm your 'dreamgirl'. Dreamgirl my ."

"You're-- somehow correct but--" Momo doesn't know what to say anymore.
"I'll go now. You're just wasting my time." She leaves.
"Wait! What's--"
"I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter