Chapter 5: Feel Special

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll stay here with you until you recover.” Momo winks.

 

Seeing how near Momo’s face is, Dahyun’s heart started racing. She looked at Momo’s smirking lips and gulped.

 

“Did you—learn this from watching tv again?” Dahyun asked.

“I told you, I don’t watch tv. I just—“ She looks at Dahyun’s lips as she leans in closer.

 

She was already about to kiss Dahyun, when someone suddenly knocked on the door. Hearing the knocks, Dahyun pushed Momo away.

 

“Momo-unnie, Dahyun-unnie, can I come in?” Jihyo asked.

“Yes, sure, come in,” said Dahyun.

 

Jihyo comes in.

 

“Sister Jihye asked me to bring you this medicine. She said it would ease the pain.” Jihyo hands it to Dahyun.

“Okay, thank you.” Dahyun takes it with a smile.

 

Jihyo was about to leave when Dahyun called her.

 

“You’ve been a good girl for—bringing the medicine and—“ She looks at Momo.

“—knocking.” She continued.

“I’ll always be a good girl for everyone.” Jihyo grins before going out.

“Phew!” Both of them were able to breathe after what happened.

 

Momo rubbed her nape as she walks towards Dahyun.

 

“Uhm—I’m sorry. I guess I—watched too much drama when I was young that I—I don’t know. Maybe adolescent is hitting me late or something.” Momo apologized while looking down, feeling really shy about her sudden actions.

“I-It’s okay. Maybe—hehe—I’ll sleep for now.” Dahyun covers her whole body with a blanket.

 

In a while, she heard the door open. She checked it and saw Momo going out.

 

“What was that, Kim Dahyun?!” She holds her chest where she felt the heart racing earlier after looking at Momo’s lips.

“Maybe—Just maybe—adolescent is also hitting me late.”

“What am I saying?!” Dahyun covers her blushing face.

 

After a few hours, Momo came back with some food for lunch.

 

“I’ve decided to eat with you, so you won’t be alone.” Momo puts the food down.

“Food gets tastier with someone to eat it with.” Momo smiles.

 

Dahyun doesn’t know why but seeing Momo’s making her heart race like crazy. Suddenly, she felt like she had gone deaf that she couldn’t hear anything well. Momo’s movement seemed like it was also in slow motion.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Momo waves right in front of her face.

“Huh?” Dahyun snapped out of it finally.

“I was asking you if—“

“Y-Yes—“ Dahyun answered without hearing Momo’s question yet.

 

Momo got stunned for a few seconds after hearing her answer.

 

“If that’s what you want then—“ Momo tries to feed her.

“Wha-What are you doing?” Dahyun awkwardly asked.

“I asked you if I should feed you and you said yes so—“

“When did I?”

“Just now?”

“I did?”

“Yes?”

“Why did I?”

“Because you like it?”

 

Dahyun gets quiet for three seconds.

 

“I can eat by myself. Just take a sit now so we could both start eating.” Dahyun takes her chopsticks and plate.

 

Momo sits on the floor.

 

“What are you doing there?” Dahyun asked.

“This is my space, so I’ll eat here.” Momo answered.

“Silly—“ Dahyun taps the space in front of her.

“You can sit here. I don’t like seeing anyone sitting below me while eating. It makes me feel bad,” said Dahyun.

“Okay—“ Momo sits on Dahyun’s bed.

 

While eating, Dahyun looked at Momo and caught her looking at her while smiling and chewing her food.

 

“W-Why are you looking?” Dahyun looks at her plate again.

“I just love the fats below your chin. Seeing it move as you chew makes it cuter,” Momo answered.

 

Dahyun kept quiet, not knowing what to say.

 

After eating, Momo took their plates down.

Dahyun took her phone to use it as a mirror to check the part below her chin.

 

“Is it really fat in a cute way?” She touches it.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“How are you feeling?” Sister Jihye asked.

“It’s now less painful. Thank you for the medicine, Sister.” Dahyun smiles.

 

“Where are the kids?” Dahyun asked.

“They’re outside, playing with Momo.”

“How are the kids these days?”

“You won’t believe it, but Sana and Tzuyu fought a few days ago. On the other hand, Mina is starting to get more playful and talkative. I guess she’s adjusting well.” Sister Jihye answered.

“I’m glad to know Mina’s feeling more comfortable around everyone now. But why did Tzuyu and Sana fight? They’re the only ones who have never been on a fight before, am I right?”

“Yes, you’re right. I was also shocked when Jihyo came to me, running, to say that those two are fighting.”

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

“Stop clinging on meeee!” Jeongyeon tries her best to take Sana’s hands off her.

“Don’t want~! Don’t want~!” Sana laughs.

“Why are you so childish and always so annoying?!” Tzuyu rolls her eyes.

“Because we’re children?” Sana laughs, still.

“You’re now going to school as an elementary, but you still behave like a pre-schooler. Disgusting.” Tzuyu leaves.

 

Sana lets go of Jeongyeon and shouts, “Ya! Why do you always have to be so mean to me?!” Her tears started falling. Tzuyu stopped from walking after hearing her words, but didn’t say anything. All the kids got quiet and stopped playing suddenly after hearing Sana shout.

 

“What did I even do to you?! It’s Jeongyeon I often try to annoy and cling onto, but you’re the one who gets mad. What’s wrong with you?!” Sana sobs.

 

“Sana, that’s enough. You know Tzuyu—“ They tried to stop her.

“Call Sister. They might end up pulling each other’s hair.” Nayeon told Jihyo.

“You always tell me hurtful words, but I try my best to understand, and still, you don’t stop talking rudely to me!” Sana exclaimed.

 

Tzuyu faced her, with tears also rolling down her eyes and exclaimed, “Because I’m so jealous of you! I’m so jealous that everyone likes you. I’m so jealous that they all enjoy spending ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter