Chapter 10

Sparks Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun held Momo’s cheek and smiled.

 

“I’ll be going now,” said Dahyun.

“Where are you going?” Momo asked.

 

In a snap, Dahyun disappeared in thin air.

 

“Dahyun, where are you?” Momo looked around. There was nothing and no one, except for herself.

 

“Dahyun…” Momo’s tears started falling.

“Dahyun! Dahyun!” Momo cries.

 

Momo woke up with tears falling from her eyes.

 

“Dahyun… Dahyun!” Momo stood up and rushed to Dahyun’s place. She knocked like crazy, feeling really scared that her dream might be true.

 

Dahyun opened her door with an annoyed face.

 

“Wh—“

 

She was about to scold Momo, but Momo’s crying face stopped her from talking.

 

“You’re here!” Momo hugs her tight.

“You’re here. You’re really here. I thought you already left me.” Momo’s tears fall even harder.

“Where would I even go?” Dahyun hugs Momo back with a confused face.

“Don’t leave me, okay?”

“What’s with you, so early in the morning?” Dahyun asked.

 

She looked at Momo’s face.

 

“Look at yourself in the mirror. You look like a big mess. Stop crying now, okay? I won’t be going anywhere.” Dahyun wipes her tears away for her.

 

Momo nods.

 

“Always be with me so I won’t look like this again,” said Momo.

 

Dahyun chuckled and said, “You don’t need to tell me. I’ll always be here for you.”

 

“That was the worst nightmare of all,” said Momo.

“Shh~ Don’t think about it anymore. Just go back to sleep.”

 

Momo looks at her with sad eyes like a puppy asking her owner to feed her.

 

“Want to sleep beside me?” Dahyun asked.

 

Momo nods.

 

“Okay, come in.”

 

Momo lies on her arm and hugs her.

 

“Can I sleep here this way?” Momo asked.

“Why not?” Dahyun kisses her forehead.

“Good night,” said Dahyun.

“Dahyun—“ Momo looks up at her.

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

 

One sentence with three words but loads of emotions, that became Dahyun’s reason to smile like a fool late at night.

 

“I just realized we haven’t said that even once even before we started dating. I don’t want to regret one day because I was never able to tell you that I love you,” said Momo.

“You’re right. Well—“ Dahyun looks at her with a sweet smile.

“I love you more,” said Dahyun.

 

Momo smiled back at her and said, “Now I think I’ll no longer have a nightmare.”

 

She closed her eyes and slept on Dahyun’s arm after.

 

 

“I’ll be leaving earlier from work today,” said Momo.

“Why?” Dahyun asked.

“I need to take the results in the hospital regarding my health.”

“Should I accompany you?”

“No need. We’ll be too obvious too if you will.”

“Are you that ashamed about having someone like me?” Dahyun pouts.

“That’s not it. I just want to keep it lowkey, just like how you do at the orphanage,” Momo answered.

“Yeah, I understand. I was just kidding,” said Dahyun.

 

Feeling a bit nervous, Momo took the results from the hospital. Surprisingly, nothing is wrong with her. According to the doctor, it must be caused by overworking and lack of sleep. She told Dahyun about it and because of that, Dahyun told her to stop coming with her at the orphanage every weekend.

 

“I want to see the kids and Sister Jihye. I’m missing them as much as you do, you know?”

“Okay, I’ll let you come with me but you won’t be doing any household chore. You need to rest. Okay?”

“Between us two, it’s you who gets more tired. You should be the one resting, not me.”

“At least I’m stronger and healthier than you, still,” Dahyun flicks her forehead.

“Stop reasoning out and just listen to me, will you?” Dahyun asked.

“Okay…” Momo caresses her forehead.

 

Because of what the doctor said, Dahyun took care of Momo more than ever. She started waking up earlier to prepare breakfast for them both. She also cleans Momo’s place for her before they leave in the weekend. Doing things for two people is sure very tiring but the fact that she does it for the one she loves to feel better takes away the fatigue.

 

 

Momo was about to play with the kids, but Dahyun suddenly pulled her.

 

“What did I tell you about this?” Dahyun raises her eyebrow.

“It’s been two weeks. I already had enough rest and sleep,” said Momo.

 

Dahyun thinks of it.

 

“I already miss them so much…”

 

Dahyun sighs and says, “Alright, play with them. But just for a while, okay? Don’t be stubborn.”

 

Momo runs happily towards the kids.

 

“Can Momo-unnie play with us now?” Nayeon asked.

“Yes!” Momo happily answered.

“Yaaay!”

 

Dahyun grinned, seeing how happy everyone has gotten.

She went to the kitchen to prepare dinner with Sister Jihye.

 

“Where’s Momo?” Sister Jihye asked.

“I let her play with the kids for a while. They’re already missing each other so much and it’s sad to see them longing for one another. She’s already looking better than before anyway.”

“I see. How about you? You need to rest too. Don’t forget that.”

“I’m okay, sister. Don’t worry about me,” Dahyun smiles.

“How are the kids?” Dahyun asked.

“Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Good thing you asked. Jihyo, Mina and Tzuyu are going to receive an award for being outstanding students. Nayeon and Jeongyeon would also get awards for being good at sports while Chaeyoung would get one for being good at art. Sana on the other hand is getting another award as a model student this school year.”

“Wow, I need to be at the awardin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter