Chapter 5: Seeing Double

Double Trouble

A/N: Hello, Chapter Five, I'm glad you're able to join us for another chapter! If you're new here then welcome, and if you're not welcome back! We're as always thankful for your support and comments!

Also, this chapter, finally progress. Get this train moving!

This has been a PSA, enjoy the chapter and we will see you next time!

-Arya and Hannah.

***

Kyungsoo passed his days after the little outing with usual normalcy, work though had slowed back down to a normal pace now that all of their assessments and recitals were pretty much over. He was back to being less tired than the past week had left him, so he was grateful for that. 

It left him time to be able to think about what had happened during the dinner, and he attributes the feelings to him just being in the moment and not being used to that type of attention from anyone. Thinking back through the night, he didn’t feel any closer to figuring out the mystery that was his classmate. He hadn’t yet contacted the other about meeting up for the week, even though he had plenty of chances to do so during the morning before their class began. 

And that’s how he found himself doing the same thing this morning, headphones stuffed into his ears and trusty cup of coffee at his fingertips. For some reason, he couldn’t bring himself to face Jongin, even though he was certain at this point his classmate was not the same as Jongin1.5, something at the back of his mind was stopping him from doing so. 

So when he feels a tap on his shoulder and finds it attached to Jongin, dressed up in a pair of black jeans, white sneakers and once again a comfortable looking sweater this time a shade of wine red. He hopes he doesn’t jump when he registers who’s standing there, but there is some part of him that’s sure he probably did. 

He removes his headphones. “Hey, Jongin. What’s up?” He clears his throat, trying to keep some of the tension out of his voice. 

“I was wondering if you had time to meet this evening to work on our project?” Jongin slightly fidgets with the end of his sweater. 

Why did Kyungsoo have to have such piercing eyes? 

He could never seem to look into Kyungsoo’s eyes for long, even though others didn’t bother him that much. 

“Yeah, yeah of course. That’s perfect actually, I was going to ask you if you were free.” He takes a sip of his coffee. “I’ll see you, then?” 

Jongin nods, his eyes once again darting back to his face. “I’ll see you then…” He confirms, in a softer voice before returning to his seat. 

Kyungsoo exhales, he was surprised he wasn’t showing visible signs of whiplash, from the jumps that extremes of this personalities seemed to emit. 

“Thinking about your boo?” Jongdae’s voice whispered into his ear, an amused tone lacing his voice. 

Kyungsoo immediately turns to glare at his friend, it was far too early in the morning for this, even with his coffee on hand. “You’re not funny.” 

“Please,” Jongdae takes his seat. “I’m hilarious.” 

Kyungsoo only shakes his head at the other, he was lucky he loved him. 

“But seriously, have you heard anything else from mystery man?” Jongdae peers over at him curiously. 

Kyungsoo shakes his head, and he hadn’t made any other attempt to make contact with Jongin 1.5, for his own sanity. 

“No, and maybe it’s for the best like I said it was fun and all, but…” He shrugs. “I doubt anything would come out of it.” He takes another swig of his coffee. “And I personally don’t have time for that, it wouldn’t be fair to the other person.” 

Jongdae rolls his eyes. “I think it would be exactly what you need,” He pulls out his notebook. “Maybe it would cause you to actually pay attention for once .” 

Before Kyungsoo can argue in his defence their professor starts the class and he knows his chance to retort is all but lost as he wouldn’t see his friend again until they both were back at the dorm. 

The rest of the day goes by quickly, and soon he’s in the familiar setting of the library, working silence filling his ears. But perhaps, unlike the few previous times he can feel a stare on him, it’s not intense as Jongin 1.5’s but it was noticeable. Kyungsoo looks up from what he’s doing to find Jongin almost blatantly staring though he’s quick to return to his own computer screen. 

“Everything okay, Jongin?” Kyungsoo wonders if he had something on his face from cooking, it was certainly something that wasn’t uncommon for him. 

“Yeah, sorry, sometimes I zone out…” He answers, although his gaze is still on his computer screen. 

“I see,” Kyungsoo returns to his own work, space soon filled with keyboard clacks once again. 

Later on, during their session Kyungsoo checks his phone and realizes he has to go, there was an essay he needed to do for another class and it wasn’t going to start itself if he waited any longer he would be off schedule. 

“I’ve got to head out, Jongin. But I’ll see you around, yeah?” He didn’t wait for an answer as he started packing his things. 

Jongin observed him as he did, looking hesitant, it was like he wanted to say something but was debating if he should say it or not. He decided against it at the end and just kept typing. Kyungsoo noticed there was something up with him. 

“You sure everything is ok?”

“Yeah,” The other said, his fingers stopped just hovering over the keyboard, his lower lip just sticking out slightly. “I’ll work on something else before I leave.”

“Ok.” Kyungsoo still feels kind of odd but doesn’t say anything else as he grabs his bag and leaves the library. He rushes to his dorm, getting a quick snack before he sits down to work on that essay. His brain sinking in instantly on his work as soon as he starts, maybe he could reward himself with some sugar after he was done. Kyungsoo had been working really hard so he thought he deserved a chill night with movies and ice cream, maybe even go to sleep early.

He was about ninety percent done when the night started to fall. He stretched, putting his computer on the bed when he heard a beeping sound coming from his phone. He looked at it to see a text from Jongdae asking him to call. He picked it up and dialed the number, hoping for the best. The phone rang at least three times before Jongdae answered.

“ Hello? ” Jongdae’s voice sounded louder than he needed to be, although Kyungsoo could hear a lot of background noise.

“Why did it take you so long to answer? Where are you and why would you text me to call you instead of calling me yourself?” Kyungsoo sighed, his friends were weird.

“ Those are a lot of questions and I don’t have the time to answer, listen to me carefully! ” Jongdae was yelling, maybe thinking Kyungsoo couldn’t hear him. “ Do you remember that Baekhyun told us once he used to be in a band in high school? 

“Yes I remember,” Kyungsoo was wondering where would this lead to.

“ Ok turns out they are going to play some songs at this local bar tomorrow, Baekhyun will step in and sing as well ” His friend explained. “ We’re going to attend tomorrow night.” 

“You couldn’t have waited to tell me this when you got home?” Kyungsoo questioned although he knew it wouldn’t do much.

“ No, because I need to tell you before you make other plans. Clear your Saturday. ” There was a very loud screeching sound and Kyungsoo had to separate the phone from his ear.

“Fine, but you owe me Starbucks, I’m going to need coffee to deal with this.” He groaned.

 Jongdae agreed and he finally hung up the phone, Kyungsoo sighed looking at his computer and letting go of his quiet Saturday dreams. He sighs, now losing the momentum to finish the paper, as far as he was, he could knock the rest of it out Sunday. 

For now, he intended to make the best of his quiet night, with ice cream and catching up on all of the shows he missed.

***

True to his word, Saturday morning Kyungsoo and Jongdae head to Starbucks for the usual morning fuel, he had agreed to go with Jongdae on a shopping expedition for some materials he needed for class, before they headed out for the event that Baekhyun was supposed to be singing at, of course, he couldn’t get anything done without coffee and maybe a nice donut. 

“They start around nine so we have some time to shop.” He looked excited to say the least and Kyungsoo could partially understand it, however, it was hard to believe he was only excited about seeing Baekhyun sing with his old band. “The place is kind of far away so Yixing will pick us up.”

Oh, now that made more sense.

“I get it now,” Kyungsoo said, shaking his head as the line advanced one spot.

“You get what?” Jongdae could fool a lot of people, and maybe Kyungsoo was oblivious most of the time, but he couldn’t be fooled. 

Especially not when it was about his best friend.

“You being so excited about this, I should’ve known it had something to do with him.” He crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the front of the line as a guy finally paid and got his order.

“This is only about Baekhyun.” There was no conviction in his voice.

“ Sure , and your ex-boyfriend picking us up has nothing to do with it” Kyungsoo gave his friend a meaningful look “Is he staying to enjoy the concert or is he just dropping us off?”

Silence was the only answer. 

“That’s what I thought.” He could almost laugh at how obvious his friend was. It had been a whole year and he still was thinking about Yixing, despite the countless times he denied it. They moved ahead and it was finally Kyungsoo’s turn to order. He turns to Jongdae and asks if he wants anything to which Jongdae agrees, so he turns back to the cashier to order.

Being a Saturday morning there weren’t as many people like during weekdays. He gets his order and Jongdae also gets some coffee. They decide to have it there so they wouldn’t be walking around with the cups in their hands, so they look around for a table to sit in. As he scans the place Kyungsoo notices a familiar face, Jongin is there talking to this other guy who he had seen him with before. He is debating if he should say hi or not when Jongdae interrupts his thoughts.

“Isn’t that your project partner?” Jongdae asks. Kyungsoo nods, he’s already regretting this.

“Let’s go say hi.” Jongdae elbows him and he soon finds himself walking to their table. Once again, he greets them awkwardly and Jongin smiles at him, contrary to most time when they meet at Starbucks, he is now wearing glasses and the usual clothes he sees him with during class.

“Hey,”

“Hi Kyungsoo, I didn’t think I would meet you here?” Jongin greets him back. Kyungsoo frowns but then he remembers that Jongin probably doesn’t know what Jongin 1.5 does, so he just nods.

“I usually get coffee here.” He looks at the other dude sitting across from Jongin and he immediately introduces him.

“This is Sehun, he’s also majoring in business.” The guy in question waves with a smile and Kyungsoo does the same.

“This is Jongdae.” He says and the latter steps in from behind him with a cheerful smile.

“Jongin they only have iced tea, so your is going to have to put up with it.” They are interrupted by a voice that also sounds extremely familiar. 

Kyungsoo turns to see another Jongin putting three cups on the table before he notices they are standing there.

Two Jongins. 

What?

“Jongin?” He’s afraid to even call him. His mind has to be playing tricks on him, he has to be insane because how is it that he’s seeing double? Original Jongin looks at him.

“Oh, and this is my brother,” He says, “I don’t think you’ve met.” 

Is he joking?

 “Your… brother ?” He asks. 

Jongin’s brother speaks up. “Twin brothers.” He points at their faces, saying it like it was obvious. “And we’ve seen each other here before” Original Jongin looked at them with curiosity.

Kyungsoo looks at both of them, everything falling finally into place. The different outfits, different numbers, the different personalities. His brain was now at max capacity. He wouldn’t be surprised if there was smoke coming out of his ears. 

“It all makes sense now.” He whispers.

He now felt kind of dumb, his whole theory falling apart as he watched the two guys together. He sees Jongin, wearing sweatpants and a light blue sweater and then he looks at the other one wearing black leather pants and a white t-shirt. “So, you must be Jongin 1.5.” He points at him. 

The guy named Sehun almost choked on his coffee, the original Jongin was trying to hold back a smile and Jongdae behind him just openly laughed about it.

“I’m going to call you that from now on,” Sehun says, obviously amused.

“Do it and you’re dead.” Jongin 1.5 threatened as he glared at his friend for a second.

“Is that what you’ve been calling my brother?” Original Jongin’s voice is soft but he also looks entertained. He has a hand covering his mouth, trying so desperately to hide the smile that is threatening to break out.

“In my defense, I thought you were just one person,” Kyungsoo says. He has no idea how to handle this. 

No identity disorder?

Sehun butts in, raising his hand like he’s asking for a chance to speak. “So, you didn’t know who either of them are?” 

Kyungsoo shakes his head.

“I didn’t know Jongin until we were partnered up, and no offense but… should I have? Known who they are, I mean?” Sehun steps back again, openly laughing as he leaned against Jongin 1.5’s shoulder who looked rather pissed.

“This is great .” Sehun laughs, patting on 1.5’s shoulder. 

Suddenly Kyungsoo feels bad for him.

“Sorry for mixing you up with your brother,” He tells original Jongin and then turns to the other twin. “Sorry, I shouldn’t call you Jongin 1.5 anymore. What’s your name?”

“It’s Kai.” He answers, eyebrow raised and a frown breaking the mostly straight expression he had. 

 “ Kai … cool! It won’t happen again.” 

Jongdae is next to him shaking his head. 

“Shut up.” He whispers.

Jongdae just lets out a chuckle.

“I honestly can’t believe this...” Kyungsoo is sure Jongdae will bring this up later, so he and Baekhyun can laugh at him. 

Suddenly Jongdae’s eyes glint mischievously, something that usually signaled things weren’t going in his favor. 

“Dae…” He starts, but before he can say anything Jongdae is already speaking. 

“Hey guys, one of our friends is having a small concert at this bar downtown and we were wondering if you guys would like to come?” Kyungsoo is mentally kicking Jongdae all the way from that Starbucks to the moon.

 The twins look at each other.

“I don’t see why not,” Kai says, his eyes traveling to Kyungsoo. His face is completely serious and Kyungsoo can’t help but feel uncomfortable.

“It would be fun.” Jongin agrees and he looks genuinely excited about it.

“Great, I’ll have Kyungsoo send you the location and the time.” Jongdae waves and then he pulls Kyungsoo towards the exit. He wants to kill his friend but refrains from it due to them being in a public space.

A few hours later they were shopping for Jongdae’s things, Kyungsoo’s head was still going around what had happened, he couldn’t believe they were twins. On the way to the mall, he had explained Jongdae his theory and as expected his friends broke into laughter like it was the funniest thing he had heard in his entire life. Kyungsoo couldn’t believe he really missed something like that.

“I feel like an idiot.” Kyungsoo groans, he is watching Jongdae look around for materials. After their shopping expedition, they would get some lunch and then go back to the dorm to get ready for that night.

“I don’t want to say you kind of are but…” Jongdae shrugs, he tries to keep a straight face since he had made fun of Kyungsoo enough and didn’t want to upset him further. “Even their hair is different.”

“I noticed,” Kyungsoo felt the embarrassment creeping into his system as he thought about it. He wanted the earth to swallow him and just throw him up somewhere far away.

“It’s ok, they were laughing about it too.”

“Jongin’s brother wasn’t so happy about it.” Kyungsoo covered his face with his hands. He even went out with him thinking he was Jongin, this was only getting worse as he thought about it. “You knew they were twins?” 

“Of course I knew! Everybody knows” Jongdae rolled his eyes, stopping for a moment to look at his friend. “Only you would manage to miss rich twins on campus that are insanely popular, especially when one of them is in our class.”

“You know me Dae. How was I supposed to know? You never said anything!” He thought he would remember Jongdae mentioning it at least once.

“You never asked.” He shrugs again and continues looking for what he needed. 

Kyungsoo lets a desperate groan out, he doesn’t even know how he’s supposed to face them later, especially Kai. They finish getting what they needed and head to the food court to have lunch. Jongdae puts his sandwich to the side, a new thing in mind now.

“Give me your phone,” He says, his arm extended across the table. Kyungsoo looks at him like he had just lost his mind.

“Why do you want my cell phone?” He reaches for it into his pocket, scared of what Jongdae may be planning. He loved his friend, but he always had a bad feeling when he was secretive.

“Just give it to me, it’s nothing bad.” Jongdae chuckled at his friend’s insecurity. Kyungsoo finally gives him the device, his eyes never leaving him, he trusted Jongdae but after what he pulled that day, he had to be careful. Jongdae scrolls down looking for something, then he sees him writing something and once he is satisfied, he returns it to Kyungsoo.

“What did you do?” Kyungsoo looks through his apps, trying to see what just happened.

“I sent a text to your project partner” He went back to his sandwich, looking proud of himself. “I figured it would be hard to get you to send the text, so I did it for you” Jongdae smiled. Kyungsoo was afraid to open the text and see what it said. He scrolled for the messaging app and opened it, going into the last message sent.

As promised here is the location of the bar we’re going tonight, the thing begins at 9.

Location.

I hope to see you both there, ;).

Kyungsoo had to remind himself he was in a public space yet again.

***

“Yixing will be here in five minutes.” Jongdae announces as he looks down at his phone. He wants to make it seem like he is cool with meeting with his ex, however, he keeps tapping the floor repeatedly and if the soft blush covering his cheeks were any indicator then Kyungsoo would say he was nervous. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, scoffing at the statement.

Ever since Jongdae had mentioned Yixing was in town, Baekhyun could not hide his irritation. It wasn’t a secret that ever since Yixing broke up with Jongdae, Baekhyun was Yixing’s number one hater. Kyungsoo could understand it, Jongdae was completely heartbroken at the time, they had never seen him like that before and as friends they tried to protect him from getting hurt again. Yixing wasn’t Kyungsoo’s favorite either but he respected Jongdae’s decisions and learned how to be polite.

“Would you please be nice?” Jongdae turned to Baekhyun. “It’s not like we’re getting back together, he told me he was in town and wanted to see me at least once”

“You’re hoping for it, I can see it in your eyes.” Baekhyun crossed his arms, glaring at his friend. One had to be blind to not be able to tell that Jongdae was still head over heels.

“Nothing will happen.” Jongdae assures. 

Kyungsoo wanted to believe him, but given the circumstances, he was a little bit more on Baekhyun’s side. 

“I’m not stupid ok, this is just as friends so, just be nice… for me?”

 Baekhyun groaned and nodded and Jongdae wrapped an arm around him excitedly.

Soon a black car pulled up in the parking lot, the driver’s door opened and Yixing got out of the car, a smile on his face, showing a dimple on his cheek as he walked towards them. He looked almost the same, his hair was still black, he hadn’t gained or lost any weight and his face was pretty much the same. 

The only difference was the undercut he had done to his hair, instead of the fluffy curls he had in the past. Yixing greeted them before turning to Jongdae and going in for a hug. Jongdae was somewhat surprised at first, but then easily wrapped his arms around him as well, patting his back.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other awkwardly.

“Are you guys ready?” Yixing asked, playing with his car keys. 

They nodded and got in the car, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were sitting in the back, being completely silent while Jongdae and Yixing were catching up. As soon as they arrived Baekhyun disappeared backstage to get ready, leaving Kyungsoo with the other two. He was already regretting this. They sat at a large table near the stage, being early had its perks.

They ordered some drinks while they waited. Kyungsoo’s eyes kept traveling towards the main entrance, his hands fidgeting with the glass. He can hear the other two still talking above the rest of the people inside the bar, there was rock music blasting through the speakers, it was loud but not loud enough to make them yell. He wasn’t paying attention to anything specifically, wanting the night to be over already.

On the corner of his eye, he saw the chair next to him being pulled out, his head shot up instantly to find… Jongin? Kai? The hair was shorter, so it had to be Jongin, sitting down next to him. Sehun sat next to Jongin while Kai sat right across from Kyungsoo. They greeted them as they sat down.

Jongin looked around, he looked just as uncomfortable as Kyungsoo felt. Kai called a waiter, flashing a smile as he ordered for them. His eyes immediately went back to Kyungsoo, one side of his lips curling up. The band members start going out, getting in place, giving Kyungsoo a ton of relief since the awkward silence would soon be filled with interest for the band.

“Which one is your friend?” Jongin leaned in a little to talk to him, his eyes were on the stage as he made the question.

Kyungsoo unconsciously leaned in as well to respond. “He’s the one wearing a white t-shirt.” 

Jongin nodded, focusing on the stage as they set up their instruments. Kyungsoo took a sip of his drink, the ice was melting so he had to drink it fast before it got ruined. He drank the rest of it, pushing the glass away. The waiter then walked in, putting the drinks Kai had ordered.

“I will need another one of those for my friend.” He pointed at Kyungsoo’s empty glass, the guy nodded and walked away once again. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“I don’t need more drinks thanks,” He said. Kai shrugged.

“It’s already ordered,” Was his reply. 

Somehow Kyungsoo’s brain was not functioning well enough to say something about it, instead he just sat there, trying to avoid Kai’s intense stare on him. The band greets the audience and soon start playing their first song, Kyungsoo can’t avoid the smile that comes to his face when he hears Baekhyun singing. He looks like he belongs in that stage and Kyungsoo wonders when will he realize it, Baekhyun’s voice is deep and unusual, sweet at the same time.

The night goes by and the band starts to wrap up their performance. Kyungsoo is on his third drink when Kai orders one more round for the table. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at him, suspecting his intentions are not good. Jongdae says something funny and they all laugh, Kyungsoo feels a little lightheaded, but still fine, he watches the new glass sliding in front of him and he takes a deep breath. The group is having fun so he might as well follow their lead. Kyungsoo looks up and finds Kai staring at him still, chin resting on his hand and smirk in place.

“Go on, don’t stop because of me.” He says. 

Kyungsoo is confused until he realizes he stopped with the glass halfway towards his lips. He puts the glass down. 

“Are you trying to get me drunk?” The words go out faster than they usually would.

Kai shakes his head as he gulps down his own glass and turns to Sehun. 

Kyungsoo’s about to say something when Baekhyun sits down with the group, his loud voice echoing around the bar, the band had just finished, and the DJ hadn’t started playing anything yet.

“How was it?” His eyes shining as he looked around the table for answers.

“You were so good Baek,” Jongdae gives him a double thumbs up. “You should do this more often”

“It was amazing!” Kyungsoo confirms and Baekhyun claps, looking relieved that at least his friends enjoyed it. 

The rest also gave positive feedback and Baekhyun shouted at the waiter to send him something strong. Kyungsoo excuses himself to go to the bathroom, his legs feel so light as he walks, he is not dizzy yet but there is such a short distance for him to be. He splashed his face with some water and washes his hands, feeling a little better. He looks at his reflection in the mirror, his hair is in place, his face looks a little flushed but nothing too worrisome. He decides he looks fine and walks out of the bathroom.

He finds Jongin waiting for him.

Is it Jongin? Yes, the hair is slightly shorter, so it is Jongin.

“Hey” Kyungsoo greets, Jongin just smiles. “The bathroom is free.”

“I actually was waiting for you.” Jongin’s face covers in soft pink, but it could be due to the alcohol.

“Why?”

“Isn’t there an unspoken rule about not going to the bathroom alone?” 

Kyungsoo thinks about it but it doesn’t matter how he says it, it just sounds ridiculous.

“Isn’t that usually for girls?” Kyungsoo laughs and walks next to Jongin back to their table.

“Well it should be for guys too.” Jongin’s lower lip is sticking out and it makes him look a lot younger. 

Kyungsoo chuckles. Adorable.  

“I am scared to go to public bathrooms alone sometimes.”

“Well let me know if you need to go and I’ll go with you.” They are walking close to each other yet not really touching, Kyungsoo gets a hint of Jongin’s scent, it’s like… clouds, clean with a soft touch of vanilla. 

It smells good.

They get back to the table, Jongdae and Baekhyun are narrating a story and Kyungsoo is sure he participated in it but he doesn’t even want to know. Jongdae is holding on to his beer as if was the most precious thing ever. He suddenly stands up.

“Soo, let’s dance.” He offers his hand which Kyungsoo takes automatically. There are a few other people dancing around when they reach the dancefloor. Jongdae looks over his shoulder, making sure the others can’t hear them. Not that they really would over the music. 

“Why hasn’t he taken his eyes off of you?” 

Kyungsoo doesn’t have an answer. “Who?” He tries to play dumb, but he knows exactly who Jongdae is talking about.

“What do you mean who? Jongin 1.5 of course.” He elbows Kyungsoo as they dance, lifting his eyebrows suggestively. Kyungsoo sighs.

“I wish I knew.” He had been ignoring him because he doesn’t know how to handle it. Jongin was easier to deal with, calm and didn’t make Kyungsoo feel uncomfortable at all, it was the complete opposite. However, Kai just… he made him feel funny and he didn’t like it. They didn’t say anything else, dancing to a couple of songs before heading back to the table.

As soon as their butts hit the chair, the waiter comes back with a drink for Baekhyun and he also deposits a glass of something extravagant in front of Kyungsoo. It has at least three different colors and Kyungsoo is sure he did not request it. His first reflex is to ask Kai about it but he just turns to the waiter.

“I didn’t order this.” He tries to give the glass back.

“Oh no, this was sent by a gentleman over there.” The server points behind him and Kyungsoo turns around to see a guy sitting with two other people looking back at him. The guy waves and Kyungsoo waves back awkwardly.

“Soo is so popular.” Jongdae exclaims. Baekhyun joins Jongdae’s cheer and punches Kyungsoo playfully.

“Kyungsoo’s got game.” Baekhyun winks.  

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo is confused, he remembers his mother advising him not to drink anything that came from strangers, but his best friends were with him, so he took a sip of the thing. It was so sweet that before he knew it half of the drink was gone. He took another small sip.

“What should I do? Should I just leave it as it is? Should I go over to say thank you?” He had never been in a situation like this before, so he didn’t know the proper etiquette for accepting drinks.

“Go say thank you,” Baekhyun cheered. “I can go with you if you want.” Kyungsoo finds himself nodding and being dragged out of the table by Baekhyun. He doesn’t know what he’s going to tell this guy, he still has the drink in his hand and a blank brain. 

Should he just say thank you? Should he say anything else?

Baekhyun pushes him towards the table and goes to stand near the bar. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath, counting the steps left until he reaches the table.

…four, five, six.

“Hi,” He greets, he looks around at the unfamiliar faces, they all smile so they look friendly, or so Kyungsoo thinks. “I just wanted to say thanks” He lifts his almost empty glass; he’s also surprised that he finished it so quickly.

“It was no problem,” The guy in question says, he pulls out an empty chair for him. “Sit down with us.” 

Kyungsoo thinks about it, he remembers Baekhyun is near and his friends are a few tables away, so he sits down. He looks like a small confused bunny, holding on to an empty glass. 

“Do you want another one?” The guy asks Kyungsoo knows he shouldn’t drink anymore, his brain functions properly enough to give the guy a negative response. 

He hangs with them for a while, the guy keeps asking him questions, and he ends up ordering another glass for him anyways, Kyungsoo takes a sip just to not be rude but he quickly puts the glass on the table with no intentions of touching it again. He’s starting to feel bored and uncomfortable, looking for the correct moment to end the conversation and leave. Suddenly he feels a hand wrapping around his arm and pulling him up to his feet.

“Thanks for the drink, but we are leaving now.” Kai’s smile is forced as he says this, pushing Kyungsoo behind him.

“He can stay if he wants, we’ll drop him off.” The guy leaned back in his chair. 

“We appreciate it,” His face is now completely serious “But he’s coming with us.” He doesn’t wait for an answer before he turns to leave and pulls Kyungsoo with him. 

Baekhyun who had just seen the whole thing runs after them towards the exit. The rest are already waiting near the cars and it is only when they reach the group that Kai lets him go.

“I’ll drop them off at the dorm.” Yixing unlocks his car. “Are you good to drive?”

“I’m fine,” Kai replies, his eyes land on Kyungsoo once more before he enters his car. 

Jongin waves at him with a soft smile and Kyungsoo returns the gesture. He gets into Yixing’s car, sliding on the back seat next to Baekhyun, a relieved sigh escaping when he gets to rest his head.

Once they're pulling away from the club, Baekhyun turns to Kyungsoo.“Can you explain what the is up with y twin?” 

Kyungsoo shakes his head, he just noticed that he is still holding on to that stupid glass and he is starting to feel sleepy.

“I don’t know, and I don’t want to know to be honest.” He says.

“He spent the entire night piercing a hole into Kyungsoo’s soul.” Jongdae turned in his seat. “Something is definitely up with him.”

“I will do some research.” Baekhyun pulls up his phone and starts typing instantly. Kyungsoo groans but doesn’t say anything, he closes his eyes just wanting to rest at least a little bit before reaching the dorm. His head is filled with images of glasses, loud music, and twins that are warm and frustrating.