Snuggle Buddy

The Amazeballs Adventures of Chipmunk & Mandu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

TL;DR (Too Limerick; Didn’t Read) - Yes, my limerick summaries are back, you can’t stop me!

 

Jennie can’t sleep from anxiety

She gets roommates: first Lisoo, then Rosie

Of course, Chu gets suspicious

Jen denies then gets vicious 

Cat steamed buns; endgame always is Chaennie

 


Jennie had always been an anxious person. She was a classic overthinker, a perfectionist worrying about everything, reading too much into things to the point of paranoia. Because of this, she always had trouble falling asleep. It was bad enough in her own bed where she was in her comfort zone, but when she had to be on the road, on tour, in unfamiliar cities and hotel rooms, forget about it. She would be up all night worrying about hypothetical disasters. This was why she started knocking on the other Blackpink members’ doors and bunking in with them. 

 

Jisoo had always been first choice, much to the oldest member’s chagrin. Jisoo was Jennie’s best friend so naturally Jennie would bug her all the time. Jisoo loved Jennie, but Jisoo also loved her alone time to play video games and bum around. Jennie, of course, was as clingy as a koala drenched in super glue. Jisoo tried to be supportive, but would occasionally reach her limit, and then she would pretend to be asleep when Jennie came knocking. 

 

Whenever that happened, Jennie would bother Lisa. Or rather, be bothered by Lisa. The endlessly energetic maknae was only too happy to share her space with her y but savage unnie. But Jennie already had low energy to begin with, and even less patience, and the youngest member always seemed overly caffeinated. So like Goldilocks - if Goldilocks had dark hair and a soul swiped from Hades to match - who tried too hot and too cold porridge, Jennie reluctantly made her way to the third bear’s room. 

 

Now, Jennie was reluctant to bother Rosé for a number of reasons. She and Rosé were good friends and were very close, but there always seemed to be a wall between them. Rosé, while possibly being the sweetest member of Blackpink, could also be painfully proper and polite. This made it awkward for the savage brunette. Jennie was secretly very kind but could sometimes have a brash and abrasive streak in her personality. Of course, she never wanted to hurt the soft Aussie, so the rapper never felt particularly comfortable around Rosé. Jennie was also mildly attracted to the blonde. Not enough that she was aware of it but just enough that the brunette could sometimes be inexplicably skittish around Blackpink’s amiable and congenial cutiepie. 

 

But on that particular night, Jennie was desperate, so she made her way slowly to Rosé’s room and knocked softly on the door. The exhausted brunette heard soft, padded footsteps, and there was a slight pause before Rosé opened the door with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Hi, unnie, what’s up? Come in,” the Aussie said, ushering in the brunette, who was clad in a fluffy blue robe decorated with even fluffier sheep. “You look super cute and ready for bed. What can I help you with?”

 

Jennie looked around Rosé’s room. The younger girl had ordered room service and had quite an assortment of food laid out. She had chill ambient music playing on her speakers. The temperature was comfortably toasty. The lighting was low, and the room and its occupant smelled like roses. It was such a stark contrast to what Jennie had to deal with when she was with Lisoo who were basically little boys flinging boogers and frogs. 

 

Yeah, this’ll totally do, the brunette thought. “So... I don’t want to be a bother...” Jennie started.

 

“Please, your cute face could never be a bother,” Rosé answered brightly.

 

“See, I’ve got really bad insomnia... and it’s because staying in hotel rooms make me super anxious...”

 

Rosé’s face scrunched up in concern. “Oh, unnie, how can I help? You wanna sleep here tonight?”

 

“Yeah... I was gonna ask if I could, but it looks like you have a bit of a romantic evening planned with that burger...”

 

Rosé blushed. “Oh, yeah, sorry. I get hungry when I’m anxious,” she explained.

 

“You’re always hungry,” Jennie couldn’t resist teasing her adorable squishy-cheeked friend.

 

“I’m always anxious!” Rosé squeaked defensively, just as her stomach made a low rumbling noise.

 

“I don’t think you should skip that snack,” Jennie commented.

 

“I’m so sorry you had to hear that. But anyway you’re welcome to stay here, I’m just gonna quickly eat if you don’t mind.”

 

“No, I don’t mind at all,” Jennie answered, climbing into bed, engulfing herself in the blonde’s intoxicatingly sweet scent.

 

“Mmm, oh you have to have a bite of this, unnie, it’s so good,” Rosé said, making Jennie scooch to sit on the edge of the bed, allowing the younger girl to hold the burger to her face. Jennie took a small, tentative bite.

 

“Mmm, that is good,” she nodded, making her stomach rumble in agreement. 

 

Before Jennie knew it, Rosé had split the burger in two and insisted she eat half. “I know you skipped dinner. Please eat something,” the blonde said, piling some fries on a plate for Jennie. 

 

They talked and laughed and snacked til it was time for bed. Rosé even had a spare toothbrush for the dark-haired insomniac to use. The toothbrush was a rainbow unicorn one and Jennie looked skeptically at Rosé. 

 

“Shut your face, it was a gift from a fan,” the blonde said, laughing.

 

“I’m not even judging! It’s very you.” It wasn’t a secret to the Blackpink members that Rosé was gay. 

 

Rosé shrugged. “It’s not glittery enough to be me.”

 

Jennie nodded while brushing her teeth, full of toothpaste foam. “Are you sure you haven’t used this toothbrush?” she joked, earning herself a pillow to the face courtesy of her blonde host. 

 

Rosé was already in bed when Jennie climbed in next to her. There were two sizeable beds in the room, but it was not at all strange that it seemed to not have occurred to either of the two to utilize both beds (Where would the ghosts sleep if that happened? What would they do with too much space? Who would ever choose to sleep on a bed alone when you could sleep next to Jennie Kim/ Roseanne Park?). 

 

Jennie was a little worried because Rosé had once expressed that she thrashed about in her sleep, but it seemed that with a companion, the thrashing translated into warm, gentle snuggles, and Jennie woke up in Rosé’s arms feeling rested and invigorated.  

 

“That was the best sleep of my life,” Jennie told the Aussie, who beamed proudly. 

 

“We’re snuggle buddies then,” Rosé declared shyly. “Mi casa es su casa, Shakira, Shakira,” she sang, making Jennie do a saucy little body roll. Rosé’s breath hitched as she watched the brunette.

 

The success of the Chaennie sleepover led to Jennie bunking with the blonde the rest of the tour. Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter