Can we talk?

120 Sunrise Dates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae didn't expect to see Hyukjae at this diner out of all the places in Seoul. It was a surprise since he thought the man would never go to their secret diner again after breaking up with him 7 years ago.

"Omo, it's the two of you. It's nice seeing you both at the same time again. Aigoo, both of you are more handsome now that before." Mrs. Chang was too glad, she used to watch those two boys spend their hours in her diner talking and having fun. He liked looking at them spend time as if they have all the time in their world. Looking like they found everything they need with each other.

"Thank you, Eommonie. I'm surprised you're here Hyukjae. Let's not waste this moment. Can we talk?"

"Eommonie, can we order the tteokppokki and blood sausages" Donghae ordered as he sat down on their usual spot and motioned for Hyukjae to sit down as well.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Hyukjae asked cautiously. Trying to thread lightly on this conversation. He knew this day would definitely come. He just wished that he knows what to answer to Donghae's questions.

Donghae contemplates on what to ask Hyukjae first. When he was alone with his thoughts, Donghae thought he had a lot to ask Hyuk. But now that they are face to face, he seemed to be at a loss on how he will talk with Hyukjae.

The moment stretched with them just staring at each other. Now this is new. Donghae thought as he recalled how they could spend the whole day just talking about everything with no awkward silence in between. How things have changed, and I think I don't like this change. Donghae decided as their food came, he decided to dig in first before they have to face their new reality.

"Why are you not eating?" Hyukjae can answer that honestly like Recently, I have been losing appetite, Dr. Jung said that it's one of the side effects of the cancer drugs I've been taking. Hyukjae thought. However telling him the truth about his appetite will open a lot of questions that he's sure he's not yet ready to deal with as of now.

"I was waiting for you to talk. Well, I guess we eat first then." Hyukjae lied. Looking at Donghae cautiously trying not to get caught. "Whatever you say." Apparently, Donghae can still read him as he knows the younger knows he's lying.

They ate in silence, both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter