Drawings

120 Sunrise Dates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All throughout the week, Haru kept asking Donghae or her mother or her Imo Hyun-joo or even with her father's secretary Yesung, to bring her to the ice cream parlor after her preschool schedule.

"Princess, you might get sick if you eat too much sweets." Donghae hugs his daughter on a Saturday morning as they discussed what to with their free time. As usual, his mother asked Mina to accompany her to some event with her friends to which Mina enthusiastically agreed. So, here they are, discussing their plan for the rest of the day.

"Bwot-daddy-I-want-to-see-uncle-hyukee" Haru continuously whined while hugging her Daddy's chest. 

"What is it, princess?"

"I wanna see Uncle Hyukee, I wanna, I wanna" Haru pouts.

Haru has been visiting the ice cream shop everyday since the first time they went there. And no, Donghae didn't managed to accompany her since he needs to close a deal with a new client that took most of his week. 

"Didn't you just saw him yesterday with Uncle Yesung?"

"Yes, but I didn't see him today. He'll miss me. What if he cried? I told him I'll visit him everyday. He even gave me this"

Haru suddenly ran to her room to retrieve the gift, Hyukjae gave her. Curious, Donghae went to Haru's room to see it himself.

"Here Daddy. Uncle Hyukee drew me. Do I look pwetty?"

"Pretty. And yes, you look pretty, baby" As Donghae looked into the drawing, he was reminded of the past when he was the center of Hyukjae's drawings. 

12 years ago

"Can you stop moving, Hae? How will I finish this if you kept on moving? You're distorting my drawing" Hyukjae has been drawing Donghae for 30 minutes now and the latter has been bored and tired and stiff and he just wants to cry now. 

"Can you please hurry up? Why can't we just take a photo and get over it? Why do you need to draw me?!" Donghae whined. All he wanted to do was spend time with his Hyukee and not be as stiff as a statue for close to an hour now.

"Hae, you know what my goal in life is?"

"To draw" Donghae knows how talented Hyukjae is. He really loves his drawings but Hyukjae is the kind of artist that doesn't just draw anything he sees. He is kind of particular on what he'll draw.

"Specifically, to ONLY draw those things, sceneries, and people that is very important to me. I don't want meaningless art. If I draw, I want to share the world what is beautiful in my eyes... now I am done!"

Donghae had his eyes wide when he saw himself in Hyukjae's drawing. Is this how Hyukee sees me? Donghae wondered as he kept looking at the drawing. It was just a portrait of him on the sofa with the window behind him. But it was just alive and bright. He never saw himself as this. He never even thought that a drawing can even depict him as such. He looked at Hyukjae teary eyed conveying his happiness at Hyukjae's words and drawings.

"It's very beautiful, Hyukee, thank you and I love you" The younger can't help it, so he moved closer to the elder to give him a loving kiss. 

"Well I always try.." Hyukjae shyly kissed him by the forehead. And those were the times

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter