2: Fine Then!

Speaking of the Devil

 

Donghae’s POV

 

“How long have you known each other?” Heechul asked me eagerly while I am driving. We three are eating at Engineering today because Hyukkie told me to eat with them.

 

I sigh, “All my life—hello—Kim Heechul—his family and my family are friends,” I am getting irritated with all of their nonsense these days. I don’t even get it when Heechul accused us of playing husband and wife yesterday.

 

“See—you’ve known him long enough!” Ryewook at the back seat in.

 

I frown and made a sharp turn making both of them among lose balance, “WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” Heechul yelled at me but yeah who am I getting scared off? I saw Hyukkie’s hazing team before and oh boy Hyukkie alone is scarier than Kim Heechul. “To make you shut up!” I snapped at him.

 

I know both of them will not give up with the once more interrogation. They are crazy, “You are just running away from the question Donghae. What’s hard of admitting that you and your Hyukkie—” “WHO TOLD YOU CAN CALL HIM HYUKKIE?!?” I yelled this time getting irritated.

 

That’s my pet name for him, “See—see that I am trying to prove Heechul? Donghae is as whipped as that barbaric engineering boy!” Ryeowook protested and I already pull over in front of the Engineering building.

 

I breathe deeply before turning to my friends, “Listen—I don’t want to hear about this nonsense ideas you both have because I am too tired hearing both of you. If you don’t want Hyukkie to get mad—then shut your mouth!” I threated them before going out of the car.

 

I don’t need to remind my friends to follow me because I don’t care if they will follow or not. All I know is I want to see Hyukkie already, probably have a chat, eat lunch, then go back to my faculty.

 

Entering the cafeteria and finding Hyukkie’s group of friends isn’t hard especially if they sit in the middle. They are loud and they throw foods to each other. But I frown, “Where’s Hyukkie?” I mumbled marching towards the group and totally ignoring the engineering students around me. Why? They all know me already.

 

“Sungminnie!” I called my other childhood friend and it may look weird but the engineering boys suddenly look alert. Sungmin who is sitting beside Kyuhyun again turn around just to see me, “Donghae—” then he looks behind me, “Heechul, Ryeowook,” and he only gesture his hand but I know Sungmin, he is friendlier than Hyukkie.

 

I sit down where I normally seat and I feel weird seeing the empty space beside me where Hyukkie normally sit, “Where’s your boss?” Heechul asked right away and made himself comfortable beside Sungmin. The boys chuckled, “Maybe looking for lunch,” I frown, this is lunch break already.

 

“And what kind of lunch is he looking for? Tell him that his wife is here!” Ryeowook high five with Kyuhyun but I don’t care about them. I pulled out my phone and look for Hyukkie’s number. We were just talking like 10 minutes ago before I drive here in his faculty.

 

“You two should be in Engineering—you are crazy!” –Kangin

 

“Why choose music if you can have this~” –Shindong

 

“Donghae is a ! He needs us!” –Ryeowook

 

“You abandoned him—remember?” –Kyuhyun

 

“Oh! The also told you that? No wonder Hyukjae was announcing that we abandoned him in our cafeteria!” – Heechul

 

“Well—who even want to mess up with the husband?” –Sungmin

 

I rolled my eyes and pressed the phone on my ears. Hyukkie answered right away before the third ring, “Hel—” “WHAT THE LEE HYUKJAE—WHERE ARE YOU?!?” then the whole cafeteria become silent. Even Hyukkie’s boys here are also petrified. Well the hell I care.

 

I heard a loud chuckled on the other line, “Don’t miss me too much Hae~” he sounds like a puppy but I don’t care. “MISS YOUR FACE! IF YOU WILL NOT SHOW UP WITHIN A MINUTE I WILL GO BACK TO MY FACULTY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ME FOREVER! I DROVE JUST TO EAT LUNCH AND NOW I AM STARVING! YOUR BOYS HERE AREN’T HELPING TOO!!” I heard a loud hissing sound but I am not sure where it comes from.

 

“Tell the boys that they are dead. Be right there within a minute. I bought cheesecake for you,” he said suddenly making me smile widely for sure, “Chinja? Okay I’ll wait for you Hyukkie~ I’ll also tell the boys your message. Go here quickly~” I dropped the call after that then look at the engineering boys that looks like statues now. They aren’t moving at all. For some reason, Ryeowook and Heechul aren’t moving too.

 

I smile, “Hyukkie said you boys are dead.” I don’t know why they are scared but soon all I can hear is the loud gulping of the fearsome group here in engineering, “And he will be here in a minute, he bought cheesecake,” I announced before standing up and probably ordering some food.

 

“That’s the reason why engineering isn’t for me!” –Heechul

 

“Is it too late to change major?” –Sungmin

 

“! We are dead!” –Kyuhyun

 

“We have Lee Donghae. No need to worry~” – Ryeowook

 

Before I can even take a step forward, there are at least 10 engineering students in front of me. I don’t know them all—in fact, I only know Hyukkie and his friends. “Sunbae—please don’t~” they begged me, but why?

 

I raised my eyebrow, “We will buy Sunbae’s lunch—what do you want?” one of them offered but what do they think of me? “Excuse me!” I said loudly to make them move but I guess they are all hard headed. No one moves a muscle.

 

I tap my foot on the ground getting irritated when suddenly I feel a pair of arm is on my shoulder. I look a bit and smile brightly, “Hyukkie~” I called his name happily and he smiles back at me before we both look at the students, “Dismiss!” he said loudly and to my surprise they all go back to their tables.

 

I pout, “This is so unfair, I told them to move but no one does but you told them to move and they all disappear!” I complained. I always complained and that’s the thing about me—I complain as much as I can because I know that Hyukkie won’t get tired listening to my endless complaints.

 

He chuckled loudly and pulls me back to our seat without removing his arm on my shoulder. I don’t mind though, “Here’s your cheesecake Hae,” he put down a paper bag in front of me with the logo of my favorite café. I cannot hide my happiness anymore, “You are the best!” then I round my arm on his waist and lean my body on his chest.

 

 “Whipped” –Kyuhyun

 

“Amen to that!” –Ryeowook

 


 

3rd Person POV

 

Either Donghae or Hyukjae was able to eat lunch together today because 1, Hyukjae is busy with the hazing team and 2 because Donghae needs to meet his deadline.

 

It’s only 2pm and Donghae knows that hazing isn’t done yet. He also knows that he needs to finish his composition because the submission is tomorrow but he cannot think of anything. He pulled his hair, “Why now?? WHY WHY WHY!!!” he yelled loudly inside the classroom. His classmates learned not to bother Donghae when he is frustrated. He is crazy, no need to make him crazier.

 

Heechul and Ryeowook abandoned him again because 1 Hangeng has dance practice and Heechul is acting like a good boyfriend and 2 Ryeowook got a VIP pass and backstage pass for Super Junior’s concert today because of his boyfriend.

 

Donghae is having his writer’s block which means bad news, “I CANNOT THINK!” he yelled again and this time banging his head on the table making a loud sound and it hurts a lot but he wants to knock his head—literally.

 

He peaks in his phone again and click the home button. His background is his and Hyukjae’s selca while Hyukjae was hugging his from behind and he is holding a cake with ‘Happy Birthday Hae!’ on it. It was taken during his last year birthday.

 

“Only 2:02pm—” he mumbled before sitting up straight again and looking at the blank paper in front of him. The theme this time is about family.

 

Donghae sighs deeply again before grabbing his phone and opening his kakao application. First on the list is Hyukjae, second is his friend’s group chat and a bit on the 5th spot is Sungmin.

 

Lee Donghae: Where are you?

 

Lee Sungmin: Are you looking for Hyukjae? We are in the gym.

 

Lee Donghae: Ok!

 

He grabs all his belongings but carries on his hand his blank music notebook and his mechanical pencil.

 


 

Donghae jolts when he opens the gym’s door slowly, “50 PUSH UP DRILL!! NOW!!” that’s his childhood friend’s voice. He doesn’t want to bother the hazing.

 

“LOUDER!” – Kyuhyun

 

“1—2—3—4—5…”

 

Donghae blinks many times seeing around thousands of freshmen doing push up. It doesn’t matter if you are a girl or a boy, in engineering, gender doesn’t matter.

 

“YOU ALL HAVE THE NERVES TO POST ON FACEBOOK ABOUT YOUR DEMON HEAD HAZER!!” Hyukjae yelled again while some of the girls are crying already while doing push up. But did Hyukjae say about writing something about him?

 

Donghae frowns, “NEH NEH!! I AM EVIL BUT THIS HAZING ISN’T FOR ME! I DON’T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT ALL OF YOUR FREAKING ISSUES! NOW YOU NEED TO FACE MY WARTH!!” Hyukjae is so mad right now and Donghae feels like he shouldn’t be here but at the same time there are so many words running on his mind.

 

He walks slowly and he knows the freshmen already saw him because they are all facing the door where Donghae got in while the hazers are all back facing the door. Donghae can see the freshmen eyes begging him to stop their crazy head hazer. He is not even part of this faculty but why do he need to help them?

 

“WHERE ARE YOU ALL LOOKING? FACE ON THE GROUND!” Kangin yelled this time. He is short tempered—he suits well to be one of the hazer.

 

“15—16—17—18…”

 

Donghae cough a bit to let them know that he is in the gym. Kyuhyun turns around and open his mouth, “THE FUC—DONGHAE!” he got shocked seeing Donghae. He waves his hand and then Hyukkie looks at his side too.

 

The once fierce looking eyes and stone cold face of the Engineering’s head hazer suddenly shows his gummy smile, “Hae—what are you doing here?” Hyukjae even leave his post just to caress Donghae’s face, “Writer’s block Hyukkie. Maybe looking at different environment will help me~” he sighs deeply, “Tomorrow is the deadline, I am so frustrated. Is it okay of I stay here for a while?” he peaks under his lashes hoping that the scary head hazer would let him.

 

Because of the sudden request, Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun’s ribs, “The wrath ended just like that,” Sungmin mumbled and the other guy can’t help but chuckled, “whipped!”

 

Now, both hands on Donghae’s cheeks, the freshmen also stopped the push up drill, Hyukjae smiles bigger, “You can stay there at the back Hae. I will go there as soon as we finish, okay? Let’s eat some Italian food for dinner,” and Donghae can’t help but nod his head with satisfied smile on his lips.

 

He already walks away from the hazers but Donghae remembers the look on the freshmen’s face a moment ago so he turns around meeting Hyukjae’s eyes, “Don’t give them a hard time Hyukkie,” and he walks away again.

 

Whistling sounds can be heard coming from the other hazers.

 

“YOU GO DONGHAE!” – Shindong

 

“PLEASE BE HYUKJAE’S HEAD HAZER!” –Sungmin

 

“SHUT UP!” – Hyukjae

 


 

Surprisingly, Donghae was able to finish his composition, 10 minutes after he sat down at the back side of the gym and hearing loud noises coming from Hyukjae’s yells and freshmen’s beg.

 

The song is called ‘Mother’ and it’s dedicated not only to Donghae’s mother but also to Hyukjae’s mother.

 

When the hazing ended, Hyukjae the man of his word gave Sungmin his car’s key and they used Donghae’s car going to Donghae’s favorite Italian restaurant. It serves freshly stone bake pizza.

 

Having dinner together is normal for the two of them especially since they moved in Seoul to study. Both of their families are in Mokpo. “Hawaiian pizza, please remove the green pepper and add extra mozzarella cheese,” Hyukjae ordered—the way Donghae likes his pizza.

 

After the server is gone, Donghae can’t help but stared at Hyukjae. When was the last time he stared at his friend? “Your hair color is fading already Hyukkie,” he pointed out and Hyukjae once again chuckled, “Your fringes are also getting longer. Do you want to go to the barber shop with me this weekend?” Hyukaje offered but instead of Donghae saying his usual okay, he shook his head.

 

“I have a date this weekend,” Donghae announced and Hyukjae suddenly feels a loud tud on his chest. He can’t help but massage it a bit, “Date?” he asked and Donghae nods, “Yup—do you remember Kim Kibum?”

 

Kim Kibum, high school classmate, acting genius, rich as , smart like hell, has angelic smile, and Hyukjae punched him in the face during 2nd year. “The guy who tried to kiss you?” Hyukjae asked with shaky hand grabbing the glass of water in front of him.

 

Donghae nods and look so chill, “He will be in Seoul for a week, and he messaged me last night asking if we can see each other this Saturday.” All the information is too much for Hyukjae to handle, “And—you said yes?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Why Hae, you don’t like relationship!” Now Hyukjae is demanding for answer.

 

Donghae still looks as compose as ever, “because I don’t hate him—Hyukkie what he did was long time ago. We are adults now, we moved on. Besides—Heechul and Ryeowook have been pestering me a lot about always hanging with you—I think I am the reason why you aren’t dating anyone,” and the reason wasn’t valid enough for Hyukjae.

 

He clenches his jaw and put down the empty glass of water on the table, “Really? Then—” but Hyukjae and Donghae are both idiots. Instead of confronting each other, they like to test each other’s patients. “I should agree with my Sora Noona’s blind date for me,” and this time Donghae feel a loud uncomfortable tud on his chest.

 

He gulps loudly and smiles.

 

“Fine!” – Donghae said.

 

“Fine then!” –Hyukjae said.

 


 

There are these crazy two people trying to test each other when in reality they can ing ask each other. MY GOODNESS!!!

 

Comment?