8: Eat First!

Speaking of the Devil

 

Donghae’s POV

 

For the past 4 days—I’ve been waking up early just to prepare breakfast for Hyukkie. A simple break toast and a cup of coffee up to some extravagant fried rice with sunny side up and bulgogi still with a cup of coffee.

 

Not only I’ve made breakfast for my boyfriend but I also dropped by for four days every lunch time to give him the packed lunch I’ve made in my dorm. All of these just to make sure that Hyukkie is eating properly. So no one can blame me if today—during College of Engineering sports festival—I am super grumpy. I’ve been tired and sleepy anyway.

 

I’ve arrived 10 minutes ago with Heechul and Ryeowook and welcomed by the entire college and gave the best sitting spot by the leader of the second year students Choi Minho.

 

I’ve watched as my boyfriend run on the open field field—dripping with sweat while playing some barbaric games with his barbaric faculty.

 

“If looks can kill~” –Heechul


“That certain king of Engineering is drop dead already~” –Ryeowook

 

I ignored them and continue glaring at my boyfriend.

 

The students beside me—are whispering way too loud too.

 

“Do you think Hyukjae Hyung will come out of the stadium alive later?”

 

“I’m not sure about that—look at that death glare!”

 

“I thought Hyukjae hyung is already scary—but Donghae hyung looks scarier right now~”

 

Why am I glaring and being grumpy? 1st, Hyukkie told me to go here in the stadium on freaking 12 in the afternoon with the sun blazing hot. 2nd, Sungmin messaged me before I arrived that none of them have eaten yet because of the ongoing games. 3rd, I tried calling Hyukkie to let him know that we will eat dinner later because he might be hungry by now but the er declined my calls—three freaking times. Lastly, who in the right state of mind will run freely on the field with tons of girls on the grandstand watching—and also boys with your upper body exposed to everyone.

 

Yes! My boyfriend! Lee Hyukjae is topless showing to everyone his define body that no one should see aside from me but now—he freaking showed it to everyone.

 

I continue following him with my burning eyes on his upper body. Damn it! “Cover up moron!” I can’t help but say it out making the people around me to look at me which I don’t care.

 

“So—you are mad Dongahe because your boyfriend’s isn’t wearing any shirt?” Heechul asked me but I didn’t reply, “I thought he was angry because Hyukjae didn’t answer his call!” that was Ryeowook but I keep on burning hole on Hyukkie and not looking at anyone.

 

“Really Hyungs? We thought Dongahe hyung was mad because Hyukjae hyung hasn’t eaten lunch yet~”

 

I exhale loudly, “Don’t—say all the reasons why I am pissed off right now! That moron!” I pointed my accusing finger to the running monkey boy with bright smile on his lips, “Is making half of the grandstand fall for him!” I said with hint of bitterness on my voice.

 

I am not possessive—I thought I wasn’t but having a Lee Hyukjae as my boyfriend—I think I am becoming one.

 


 

The next game is tug of war and before it even started, Kyuhyun went to my seat with sweat dripping all over his body but he is still wearing his black engineering t-shirt.

 

I’ve heard from Sungmin the reason why Kyuhyun isn’t a big fan of taking off his shirts—it’s because of an accident that happened to him before but still I feel worried that he might collapse with the blazing hot sun and the too much cover up on his body isn’t helping at all.

 

“Dong—hae—Hyuk—jae is looking—for you~” he is panting hard while informing me the reason why he is here in front of me. But I can’t help but shake my head and grab the bottle of water that I only drink half of it, “Aren’t you feel hot Kyu? You cannot even speak well.” I said and immediately handed him the bottled water.

 

I thought he will say thank you for be looks terrified—why is he even terrified?

 

“No—” “Drink it Kyu—I don’t want to see a dead body in front of me,” I said nicely though my words aren’t so nice at all. Kyu is Sungmin and Hyukkie’s closest friend so I also care for him.

 

I just don’t understand why Kyuhyun looks so scared rather than be thankful. With shaky hands, Kyu grabs the water, “Thanks~” he said slowly too. I just nod my head and look behind him. The whole stadium becomes quiet which I am not sure why.

 

“Heechul ah~” I called my friend without looking at him, “Why are they silent?” I asked him. I scan the whole place—then below I saw my boyfriend looking at my direction. I didn’t smile at him—I just stared blankly, “Can you—go down with me Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked. He hasn’t left yet.

 

I look back at him, “I don’t want. Tell Hyukkie that I’ll stay here!” I said with conviction in my voice but Kyu’s eyes are getting shaky, “Please Donghae—just do it for me. I’ll be dead once I step in that field,” he pleads and Kyu never plead.

 

I look at him trying to test if he is serious or not and Kyuhyun looks at me too and his eyes are begging me—and I know I won’t win so with heavy heart—“Fine!” I said and just grab my bag before standing up and letting Kyu lead the way.

 

Going down from the grandstand, people—especially from college of engineering are making a path for Kyuhyun and I but what’s funny are the constant remarks they are saying to Kyu and the pat on the back.

 

“We will pray for you Kyuhyun hyung!”

 

“Let’s hope we will not see any dead body today hyung~”

 

“You’re the man Kyu! I salute your stupidity sometimes~!”

 

“We will pay respect on your funeral Kyu~”

 

And so much more but I ignore it. Even Kyuhyun is ignoring it.

 

When we stepped on the field, the cold breeze of air finally welcomes me. I’ve been dying to feel the cold air since I stepped in the stadium.

 

I smile anyway at the familiar faces like Sungmin, Kangin, and Shindong but drop the smile when I stopped in front of Hyukkie who still doesn’t have his shirt on.

 

“What was that up there?” Hyukjae

 

“What was what?” I asked without any emotion.

 

He glares at me and he doesn’t normally get mad at me, “You—” then point his finger behind me, “And Kyuhyun—” then he looks back at me again, “What was that?” his voice isn’t raising but he is trying to intimidate me. As if he can.

 

I sigh deeply, “I gave water to Kyu? Big deal? Not right? He went all the way up there just to fetch me because my boyfriend wants the attention he is gaining right now. What’s wrong about giving him a bottle of water when he looks like he will die soon?” I asked him with the same intimidating tone that he is using to me.

 

I am not afraid of Hyukjae—not even when he is punching people already because I know him well.

 

“Kyuhyun went up there on his own—” “Stop with all the bulls Lee Hyukjae. First, I am not in the mood to argue with you because I am already pissed off even before you got pissed off at me. Second, the next time you cut off my call to you—then I will cut ties with you too! Third, I don’t care how hot it is or how sweaty you are but—” I walk closer to him and I don’t care about the attention we are gaining, “Put—your—goddamn—shirt—on!”

 


 

At the end, Heechul and Ryeowook also went down the field bench with me because I was so pissed off and Hyukjae knows better that I will be wilder if I am alone.

 

The sports festival ended around 5 in the afternoon and the entire game, Hyukjae is wearing his black engineering t-shirt alongside with Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Shindong, and Kangin. Also, at some point of the dodge ball game, Kyuhyun got hit at least 10 times but no one was calling it out.

 

I almost fall asleep around 3pm and when Hyukjae saw me nearly dozing off, he forced me out of the field and put me in the locker room and let me sleep their peacefully on the couch without someone interrupting my sleep.

 

Around 4:30pm, Ryeowook woke me up and told me that it was awarding time and Hyukjae’s team won the overall competition so I’ve watched the entire awarding ceremony with my mind half asleep.

 

Now, its 5:30 in the afternoon and everyone are freshly dressed up already. Hyukjae has his hand on my waist and my head is on his shoulder while we are both walking side by side towards his car, “Let’s go home?” he asked me softly but I whimper and shook my head.

 

“Eat first!” I said firmly though I am sleepy already.

 

“But—you are sleepy already Hae~” he said softly again but I can’t let him go back to the dorm with empty stomach. Besides, I don’t think I can cook for him with my state of drowsiness right now.

 

Again, I shook my head, “I’ve told—Heechul already to go to the restaurant Hyukkie. The boys are also coming~” I said in between my yawning.

 

Hyukjae should know that I will insist more so instead of having another argument with me, he just sigh and open the front seat door. “Take a rest while I am driving—arraso?” he asked me and I reply with a soft nod before closing my eyes again when I feel the soft seat of his car.

 


 

I got sick and got busy so please understand my situation. I have at least 15 classes and students every day and works for 12 hours every day Monday to Friday. My only free days are Saturday and Sunday so as much as possible I am trying not to write on those days.