9: My Boyfriend!

Speaking of the Devil

 

3rd Person POV

 

Hyukjae isn’t supposed to be busy by the start of his forth year because he isn’t the head hazer anymore—that was what he thought but he is ing wrong.

 

Choi Minho, the new head hazer was running to the whole faculty looking for his sunbae who was about to have lunch with his boyfriend in the music faculty. Good thing, Minho was able to stop him and tell him the most dreadful news about the freshmen.

 

“I am sorry Hyukjae Sunbae, I really did my best and gave them so many punishments already but these years freshmen are evil. They boycotted the hazing for 2 days straight already. They even told other faculty that we are using our power as hazers to make them follow but the hazing isn’t even important.”

 

Hyukjae has faith on Minho but he knows the limitation of his junior. Above all, Hyukjae is furious hearing how the freshmen behave this year. If the seniors who graduated already will hear about this, all of them—fourth year and third year hazers will be dead meat.

 

The former head hazer can only grip on his phone tighter, “Sungmin!” he called the other guy who became more alert especially hearing how furious Hyukjae is right now.

 

“Neh?”

 

“Message Hae—tell him I cannot have lunch with him,” Hyukjae hates cancelling lunch dates with Donghae because that’s the only time where they can mostly talk in university but because of the circumstances—he needs to cancel.

 

Sungmin can only pray for all the freshmen for pissing off Hyukjae.

 

“Noted!” Sungmin said before moving away incase Hyukjae snaps.

 

“Kangin, Shindong, and Kyuhyun!” the other three generals can feel their hair rising when Hyukjae called them.

 

“Neh!” they said in union.

 

Hyukjae form a fist and Minho can’t help but to step back a bit, “Call the boys—we will hunt those baby wolves!” the king commanded—the first command of the year. The three generals have mix feelings about it. Scared, and excited at the same time.

 

Besides, they aren’t called wolves for nothing—they love hunting.

 

Minho thought it was over but Hyukjae suddenly looks at him with piercing eyes, all he can do is gulp loudly, “You and I—will talk after this Minho. We will change the whole hazing strategy if they will not follow you—do you understand?” his voice isn’t raising but the other engineering students that was passing by and heard him all feel scared. The demon is back—how they all wish Donghae will arrive and cool him down.

 


 

The bell rings and the chat box for freshmen students of electrical engineering are buzzing nonstop since lunch break.

 

‘Are you sure about that? That hot previews head hazer?’

 

‘Yes! I’ve heard he has been in a relationship with this Donghae from College of Music!’

 

‘Who even is that Donghae?’

 

‘It’s sunbae guys! If Hyukjae Sunbae heard us talking badly about his boyfriend—he will snap.’

 

‘The problem is—the boyfriend isn’t even showing up in our faculty!’

 

‘Neh! I don’t think he is really in love with Sunbae~’

 

‘Why are you all so affected about someone else love life?’

 

‘Hello! Of course, sunbae is so hot! He deserves someone better!’

 

‘Like me’

 

‘Me?’

 

‘Me is think~’

 

The oblivious freshmen didn’t notice the impending doom that will happen to them in few seconds.

 

‘Aren’t we really going to attend the hazing?’

 

‘What are you guys afraid of?’

 

‘Minho Sunbae?’

 

‘He cannot even do anything!’

 

Sudden, a loud push on the door startled the freshmen who are mostly busy fixing their things and looking at their smartphones.

 

A very familiar guy came in their classroom—only one person but the presence is screaming authority.

 

Yes, only one person—the devil himself.

 

Hyukjae walks in front not minding the freshmen who has terror in their eyes and quickly stuff their things inside their bags to make a quick escape but before they can even zip their bags, his scary voice echoes inside the classroom, “Someone dares to get out of that door and you will not be able to come in again!”

 

The thing is, he isn’t shouting. His voice definitely sound plain but has millions of unsaid threats. The kids know that disobeying is out of the option right now.

 

Hyukjae scan the classroom. The startled freshmen can only look at him, “Who is the leader?” he asked again trying to figure out who commanded this section but no one is daring to raise a hand.

 

“You will raise your hand or I will force you to raise your hand?” his hawk like eyes is making holes at everyone.

 

Slowly, one hand rise, “Ahm—does being the president of the class counted as the leader sunbae?”

 

Hyukjae focuses his attention to the certain guy who raises his hand, “Name?” he asked right away.

 

“Jeno—Lee Jeno, Hyukjae Sunbae,” this clean cut guy that looks like a good kid is seriously telling Hyukjae right now that he is the leader—but if the kid says so then Hyukjae will accept it.

 

“You’ve got balls on raising hands for your classmates. Now Lee Jeno, tell me, why aren’t your class attending the hazing meeting?” Hyukjae has always been straight to the point. That’s makes him intimidating.

 

The kid smiles warmly, of course he is afraid of his sunbae, “We—” his classmates all look on the ground. Hyukjae groans with the action, “Not only my classmates but also the other freshmen think that—the hazing isn’t important sunbae,” now Hyukjae can see why he is the president. He is calm and collected and fearlessly idiot at the same time.

 

“The head hazer, Minho Sunbae and the other hazers are all commanding us this and that. I don’t think it will be helpful for us anymore. Also, instead of attending the meeting—isn’t it important sunbae to just study or use that time for self-study?”

 

Hyukjae is so close—so close to snapping. First of all, he canceled a lunch meeting with Donghae and now he needs to listen to this kid standing in front of him.

 

His expression didn’t change that makes the other kids to feel more afraid of their sunbae. Before applying in Engineering department, they all heard the rumor. The fearless king of engineering, the guy who brought his entire empire just to save the Queen. The freaking crazy head hazer that time—Lee Hyukjae.

 

Slowly, a smirk forms on his lips, “Then—” he slowly said before walking to the side, “I am inviting you all to the meeting hall—”

 

"But Sunbae~"

 

"We don’t want to attend anymore~"

 

"What will happen if we will not come?"

 

"This is madness! You cannot force us~"

 

The whining started but Hyukjae’s smirk is still intact, “I’ll show you—how the devil works.” He said confidently.

 

“Bring everyone within 10 minutes in the auditorium—fail to attend—I can’t promise anything.”

 

“Sunbae, you really cannot force us! Minho Sunbae cannot even force us—so why should we follow you? You aren’t the head hazer anymore!” The Jeno kid said it louder than his classmates. No wonder he is the leader, he really is fearless.

 

“Who told you that Minho will be the head hazer? I WILL HAZE EVERYONE!” the king announced before putting his finger in his mouth and whistling loud.

 

In instant, more than 10 third year students arrive inside the classroom, “The hunting begins. Failed to bring this kids in the auditorium will get punish by me. FINISH THIS QUICKLY!” and he walk out of the classroom. Doesn’t matter how the freshmen whined, in Hyukjae’s mind—he will make those kids suffer and experience the Spartan kind of hazing just because they forced him to cancel his lunch meeting with his beloved Lee Donghae.

 


 

College of Music

 

Donghae sighs again after receiving a message from his boyfriend.

 

“What’s with the long face Donghae?” Ryeowook asked his friend when he noticed that Donghae is pouting again just like yesterday.

 

The period is about to end and Heechul is so hungry already. “Hyukkie~” Donghae said softly.

 

Being in a relationship with Hyukjae for almost a year, Donghae changed a lot. He still likes complaining and stuff but he became—soft. This ticks Hyukjae’s mind all the time. If before, people are only interested with Dongahe because of his talent and looks, now both boys and girls want him.

 

“What? Your boyfriend got bored of you already? I told you that you are being handful sometimes—you are demanding too much time!” Heechul said without pausing. Doesn’t matter if Donghae got hurt. The latter guy can only bang his head on the table. A bit loud actually making both Ryeowook and Heechul to jump a little.

 

“Aish! If he got bruises on his forehead, you are on your own Heechul. There’s no way I’ll help you when Hyukjae got mad!” Ryeowook announced before pulling Donghae’s head up.

 

“Come here~” he said while observing the forehead of his friend.

 

Heechul was just kidding, he didn’t expect that Donghae will really bang is head like that so he pulled out his water tumbler and rub it on Donghae’s forehead, “Are you crazy Lee Donghae? I don’t have my death wish yet!” he said but still nervous that Hyukjae might find out about it.

 

They both know that ing up with Lee Donghae will send them a fuming king and behind him is his entire army.

 

Donghae is still pouting, “I don’t get it!” he said sadly, “Ryeowook~” he looks at one friend to another, “Heechul~”

 

“WHAT?” they both said.

 

“I think—Hyukkie is avoiding me!” that statement makes both of his friends to stop their actions.

 

Heechul even put the tumbler down, “Eyyyy—you are such a drama queen—how can that whipped monkey avoid you?” Heechul asked still can’t believe to what Donghae said.

 

“I don’t know—but he canceled our lunch twice in a row already and last night—when he came back home—he didn’t even hug me—he fell asleep on the spot and—what should I do?” hopeless Donghae is the worst type of Donghae.

 


 

Because Donghae is acting weird, Heechul and Ryeowook decided to pull their friend out of the classroom. Maybe eating outside the campus will help him.

 

The three of them are walking outside near the soccer field, Ryeowook suggested to go to the café near college of theater arts and on their way, there are so many students walking around.

 

Donghae is so quiet while Heechul and Ryeowook aren’t talking too. They don’t know why but they feel like they shouldn’t say something or else they might upset Donghae.

 

In front of them are a group of students from College of Business. Heechul wonder why they are in this area since their college is near to Engineering and Theater Arts is quite far—until they heard them complain.

 

“It’s scary I am telling you—Engineering College are full of barbaric students!”

 

“What do you mean? I don’t think their new head hazer is scarier than the previews head hazer—I mean—Lee Hyukjae is evil!”

 

Ryeowook and Heechul both looks at Donghae after hearing their friend’s boyfriend name, but Donghae is not interested.

 

“Have you heard—yesterday—the new head hazer—what’s his name?”

 

“Minho, Choi Minho~”

 

“How did you know him?”

 

“Who wouldn’t know him? He is hot too—everyone in Engineering are so hot!”

 

“Okay fine fine! But yesterday—Choi Minho asked help from Lee Hyukjae!”

 

This time, Donghae can’t help but to listen a bit. He isn’t raising his head but he is focusing on the conversation.

 

“Help? What kind of help? I don’t think they have the same major too!”

 

“Well—my friend from Engineering told me that the freshmen are so stubborn this year. Minho wasn’t able to control them and boycotted the hazing for 2 days!”

 

The girls in front make some shocking sounds.

 

“Oh no! But seriously—why do they even have hazing in their college?”

 

Donghae almost say something but he stops himself.

 

“I am not sure too—so Minho came straight to Hyukjae and the king himself—went to freshmen classroom—and announced that he will haze the freshmen this week instead of Minho!”

“WHAT?!?”
not only the girls shriek but even Ryeowook and Heechul.

 

The girls in front quickly look back and turn pale when they saw who is walking behind them. One of them, Heechul recognized is Sunny bow down, “Annyeonghaseyo~” they all said in union.

 

They aren’t afraid of Heechul or Ryeowook—rather they all know who is Lee Donghae.

 

Finally, Donghae opens his mouth, “Where are they hazing?” he asked softly. Very different on how Hyukjae speaks.

 

Sunny decided to answer, “Auditorium,” and with only that, Donghae turned around making both Heechul and Ryeowook confused.

 

“Donghae!” they called him but Donghae’s steps are big and quick.

 

“Where are you going?” Ryeowook asked finally running after his friend. Heechul did the same too.

 

“My boyfriend!” he announced loudly.

 


 

The whole Engineering College went crazy the moment Lee Donghae steps his foot on their ground. The queen himself shows up.

 

Third years and second years knows better than to interfere with their sunbae’s boyfriend. Besides, that certain sunbae made incredibly impossible rules for his boyfriend.

 

Heechul and Ryeowook are following behind but not walking beside Donghae. They are also afraid that Hyukjae will say something to them. That guy is so whipped about Donghae anyway.

 

“You!” Donghae points at one third year that he didn’t recognize. The third year can’t help but gulp, “Neh, Sunbae,” he said but didn’t look at Donghae. He keeps his eyes on the ground, “Where’s Hyukjae?” Donghae asked again and instead of answering, the third year points his finger.

 

Donghae didn’t say anything, not even a thank you.

 

His steps are getting bigger and bigger as he will soon reach the auditorium and hearing a loud shout from the inside.

 

“ONE MORE TIME! 20 PUSH UP CHAIN—NOW!”

 

And he recognized that voice.

 

“I CANNOT HEAR YOU! YOU ARE JUST GOOD AT BARKING AT THE WRONG TREE BUT CANNOT KEEP A SET OF PUSH UP CHAIN! ARE YOU ALL KIDDING ME?!?”

 

Donghae knows that Hyukjae is furious. Not just mad, but furious. Donghae rushes in his boyfriend’s college because he knows this will happen. Hyukjae—will give them all hell.

 

“SUNBAE~”

“WE CANNOT ANYMORE~”

 

Donghae is at the door already, he only needs to push it open but he stops. He can hear the conversation near the door.

 

“We should call Donghae,” –Shindong

 

“Are you crazy? Hyukjae will be crazier than this if we do that!” –Kangin

 

“Look at them—those kids will die and it’s only the second day,” –Kyuhyun

 

“Hyukjae gave them the points why they should keep attending the hazing meeting—but now he is venting out his frustration for not seeing Donghae for two days with these kids,” –Sungmin

 

“Then call Donghae Sunbae—you are his childhood friend too Sungmin Sunbae!” –Minho

 

Heechul and Ryeowook also heard the conversation behind the door. They agree on calling Donghae right now. There’s no one that can stop crazy Hyukjae but a calm Donghae.

 

“YOU! 0059! TELL ME THE STUDENT NUMBERS OF THE TWO FRIENDS ON YOUR LEFT AND RIGHT!”

 

Hyukjae commanded again and Donghae can only flinch.

 

Hazing is something that Hyukjae’s proud of about his faculty. When he became the head hazer, Hyukjae was over the moon. He quickly told Donghae about the good news and Donghae celebrated it by cooking japchae for Hyukjae—and now—hearing that the freshmen are making trouble—there’s really no way Hyukjae will just sit there and watch.

 

Finally, after having an internal battle inside his head, Donghae has decided. He first inhales deeply before holding on the steel door handle and pulling it with force.

 

The sudden movement from the door makes Shindong, Kangin, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, and Minho to look but Hyukjae didn’t notice it—even the freshmen.

 

At first, the generals are ready to scold who ever opens the door but seeing the queen, “Donghae!” Sungmin said loudly and that one name makes everyone stops.

 

“Donghae? As in—the Hyukjae sunbae boyfriend?”

 

“Who again? Who?”

 

Donghae smiles apologetically at Hyukjae’s general, “Hi~” he said before walking gracefully to the panting king in front of the freshmen.

 

Hyukjae isn’t sure if he is really seeing his boyfriend walking towards him or is he too tired that he sees things. There’s no way, “Hyukkie~”

 

And before Donghae can even touch Hyukjae, he drops a quick peck on Hyukjae’s lips.

 

No one is moving—no one.

 

“Hae—what are you doing here?” he asked still shocked but his voice is softer.

 

Donghae is smart enough, he knows how to use all his charms—especially to Hyukjae, “Awww—I missed you a lot and then I found you still hazing. Why don’t you be a dear to these kids and let Minho handle them—I haven’t eaten lunch yet—you don’t want me to get hungry—right?” Donghae looks under his lashes and Hyukjae can only gulp—different hunger strikes in.

 

“Of course not!” he said.

 

The boys behind can only grin and the freshmen can only mumble.

 

“! Hyukjae Sunbae is right under his palm!”

 

“No wonder sunbae can’t resist him!”

“That’s engineering Queen you all!”

 

Donghae hooks his hand on Hyukjae’s arm and try to pull him away from the kids.

 

Hyukaje noticed the stares that the freshmen are giving to his boyfriend so he pulled out Donghae’s hand on his arm and interlock it on his own hand.

 

“MY—BOYFRIEND!” he raised their intertwined hands.

 

“NO STANDING NEAR 5 METERS, NO SPEAKING SECRETLY TO HIM, NO TOUCHING, AND NO LOOKING!” and the unbelievable rules came out straight from Hyukjae’s mouth again.

 


 

Long update because I don’t have time recently. As I said, this will end soon—but actually I keep on updating this when I feel like I need to hahahahahaha.