6: No Problem!

Speaking of the Devil

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

Hyukjae and Donghae are both sitting on the bed—both facing each other—both of them are just staring at each other. Both aren’t making noises at the same time—not until both of them sigh at the same time.

 

“This is weird,” Donghae mumbled softly.

 

Donghae never questioned his relationship with Hyukjae. While growing up they were always together anyway and same with Hyukjae. He felt like no one will take Donghae away from him so what’s the point of knowing their relationship status.

 

The engineering boy can’t help but nod, “Why did hyung ask us that question?” Hyukjae asked the latter both who can only shrug his shoulder. “Maybe—Hyung is just curious? I don’t know—I don’t think this is even necessary,” Donghae is complaining again—like usual.

 

Hyukjae who used to the complaining chuckled softly while still looking at the boy in front of him, “We both know—right?” but somehow he isn’t sure too now. It’s true that Donghae and Hyukjae are like a set of meal. You cannot only order rice without the dish—right? But just like someone who will order the meal, they are undecided what to buy.

 

Donghae slowly nods but his sweaty hands are tightly gripping into one another, “Neh—right Hyukkie?” that came out awkwardly.

 

Now both of them aren’t sure about the relationship status they have.

 

Maybe they’ve been so protective to each other that they grew on like that.

 

Donghae finally sigh before gathering his strength, “Hyukkie—what am I to you?” he asked without turning back. Donghae knows that if the answer isn’t what he expects, it might be the end of his lifetime relationship with Hyukjae.

 

The other boy looks shocked because he was hoping to ask Donghae the same question, now he needs to face it—he is very afraid that he will ruin everything that they have if he will say something.

 

“You are—” Hyukjae isn’t sure. What does he need to say? “My—childhood friend?” he asked hoping that he got it right but the sudden disappointment on Donghae’s face makes Hyukjae defend his answer, “I mean—we grew up together—right? And you know that—ahmm—you are special—to me—right? Ahhmmm I mean—look Hae—I don’t know if you notice it—but ahm—I treated you differently from Sungmin—right? And ahmm Sungmin is also—our you know—childhood friend too since elementary school—right? So—I was really hoping all these years that—ahm at least you were aware of my—you know feelings—and that more than my childhood friend—you are like—more than best friend too—ahm—so I assumed that I don’t need to—you know tell you about it—and ahm I thought we were on the same page—so I settled like that,” with all of the tongue tied and awkward explanations that Hyukjae did, Donghae only understand one thing.

 

The engineering boy is cursing silently because of what he just said when Donghae decided to grab both of his hands, “So—maybe Hyukkie we both assumed—the same thing,” which makes Hyukjae to look at Donghae’s eyes. Those expressive eyes that has been looking at him all these time.

 

“Do we?” Hyukjae asked.

 

“Don’t we?” Donghae asked back making Hyukjae to smile so big reviling his gummy smile.

 

“So, what are we?” Hyukjae can’t hide the playful tone anymore while Donghae is smiling like a little kid—pure bliss, “Well—let’s start with—the important part—” “yeah?” “Yeah Hyukkie!”

 

There’s a brief silence inside the room with both of them smiling so big while holding each other’s hands and looking at each other’s eyes.

 

When finally, “I love you Lee Donghae,” Hyukjae said tenderly.

 

Soon enough the pink tint spread on Donghae’s cheeks, “I love you too, Lee Hyukjae,” he said.

 

Then again, another wave of silence with only smiles on their faces.

 

It’s enough for them—just the two of them.

 


 

Donghae’s POV

 

I arrived at the engineering cafeteria with Heechul and Ryeowook behind me. I can already see Hyukkie’s back while his friends are all laughing and talking loudly, “Booo!!! Who needs a lover!!” Kangin said loudly while throwing peanuts on Sungmin and I can’t help but smile bigger.

 

“Aish! You er! Stop throwing foods!” – Kyuhyun

 

“Yeah yeah! Siding Sungmin again! One of these days you will start eating each other’s face!” – Shindong

 

“YAH! WATCH YOUR MOUTH!” – Sungmin shouted

 

But what’s so lovely about the sight? Hyukkie isn’t stopping his friends. He has this bright aura today.

 

I skip towards him and I know that Sungmin saw me—he always notices me first.

 

I tap Hyukkie’s left shoulder and when he turns around I quickly give him a quick peck on the lips earning a loud gasp on people around. I am ready to pull out my lips because it was intended to be quick but Hyukkie is quick enough to put his hand on my nape and press our connected lips more.

 

I feel how Hyukkie smile between our kiss and with one last quick peck, Hyukkie let go of me, “Lunch?” he asked right away and I know I am blushing hard because I did initiate the kiss but he still won in the end—just like last night.

 

What happened last night?

 

We practice kissing—is that practice? I don’t know but we kissed a lot last night and then I woke up on his embrace. That must be one of the best nights of my life.

 

I sit on my usual spot, beside him and Heechul and Ryeowook are in front of us with the entire cafeteria gasping their mouths open. “You choose what to buy Hyukkie,” I said when I trust my voice enough. He chuckled loudly before pinching my cheeks, “Of course. Wait for me here,” he said before planting another kiss on my cheeks.

 

Normally, Hyukkie has people who buy meal for us so when he stand up, there are at least 5 students blocking him too, “Ah—Hyung—should we buy the meal?” one of them asked which I recognized already. The leader of 2nd year students, Choi Minho. Hyukkie bragged about this kid and he said he will definitely pass down the head hazer position to Minho.

 

I look at my standing Hyukkie, “Nope—I promised Hae last night that—” he looks at me before winking and looking back at his juniors, “I will pamper him,” and that’s it. Hyukkie walks pass the 2nd years and I can’t help but cover my burning cheeks using both of my hands.

 

I know that he is cool and all but I never really pay much attention to his actions here in his faculty—now I understand why people are calling him the King of 3rd year engineering.

 

Then I look up a bit, I saw everyone looking at me with curiosity written all over their faces.

 

“Hi guys~” I greeted them shyly while waving my one hand a bit before putting it again on my burning cheeks.

 

“Donghae—what was that?” – Heechul

 

“So—I didn’t imagine it? They kissed?” – Shindong

 

“Yes! In the middle of the ing cafeteria!” – Kyuhyun

 

“! What was that Donghae?” – Ryeowook

 

“Calm down, Hyukjae will not like this interrogation.” – Sungmin

 

I didn’t answer anyone’s question. I don’t think I need to—not until Hyukkie’s back. I cannot answer all of their questions by myself.

 

Good thing, Hyukkie was back after 5 minutes. No one fall in line and the serves are quick enough to give his orders. He sits beside me after putting down our lunch and then like before, he placed his hand on my shoulder.

 

I can feel the tension in the air, “Hyukkie~” I called him and he hummed in response, “They are asking,” I move my pointing finger from Heechul up until Shindong and they all look anywhere than us—weird.

 

Hyukkie sighs near my ear before standing up and scanning the whole cafeteria. I watch his movements, “Listen,” he isn’t shouting but since the engineering cafeteria turns into library, everyone can hear his voice.

 

“Lee Donghae—is mine. Any problem with that will face my fist. Are we clear about that?!?” the authority in his voice is making him so cool right now.

 

I didn’t expect them to response but got shocked by the loud, “NO PROBLEM!” by everyone inside the cafeteria—even those 6 grinning boys in front of me.

 

Then Hyukkie sit down again and everyone is back to normally. Chatting happily and throwing foods at one another. “Hum—so Mr. Head Hazer’s boyfriend—shall we eat our lunch now?” Hyukkie asked me playfully and I love the new status.

 

I nod, “Neh my head hazer boyfriend~”

 


 

Oh look at that new status hahahaha