1: Try Me!

Speaking of the Devil

 

3rd Person POV

 

If there is a group of people that you don’t want to mess up in SM University, it’s probably be the Engineering students. They are loud, full of cursing, have tattoos on their bodies, body piercing too—and oh they have the craziest head hazer this year—Lee Hyukjae.

 

So how come a crazy music student is sitting on the famous table of the craziest hazer this year?

 

“So—they abandoned you?” Kyuhyun leader of the mechanical engineer and part of the hazing team asked the pissed off boy in front of him. It didn’t help at all that the boy looks like he is ready to murder someone, “They did! Can you believe it Kyu? Me! Lee Donghae—they chose to abandon me!” he is beyond pissed off.

 

Lee Donghae is a very gifted composer and singer. He wrote music sheets in between his free time and was able to finish it within 10 to 15 minutes if he’s in the mood—but he when he has writer blocks. Many entertainments are already scouting him though he is still on his third year. Let’s just say that Lee Donghae isn’t interested right now—besides his doe clear eyes, milky white skin, thin lips, clean cut hair, and angelic aura—he can pass as the idol rather than the composer. His look isn’t something that you should hide behind the scene—he should be exposed to everyone.

 

Donghae has two closes friends, they’ve meet during one camping trip in high school. Kim Heechul who is a diva and actually just followed Donghae’s choice of major because he is too bored and too tired to think and Kim Ryeowook who is a gifted singer—can hit multi octaves with his voice. Both of them are crazy—nope—beyond crazy so people are actually amazed how the pure Chinese, gentleman, a mannered person like Hangeng became Kim Heechul’s boyfriend—not to mention Kim Ryeowook’s high profile boyfriend who is the main vocalist of the famous boy group called Super Junior.

 

Why did Donghae hang out with them? Simple, because they are great at protecting Donghae with multiple people who wanted to either scout him to become an idol—or scout him to become their boyfriend—though people know that Donghae isn’t even interested in relationship.

 

The problem now is, Lee Donghae’s friends are too busy with their boyfriends that they sort of forgot about Donghae’s existence—making it easy for people to harass Donghae easily these days. So—what’s better choice than hanging out with crazy Engineering students—right? Besides, their leader Lee Hyukjae is Donghae’s childhood friend.

 

Still Donghae glaring at Kyuhyun when Hyukjae pushed some strands of Doghae’s loosen hair at the back of his ears, “Then hang out with us Hae—these stupid people just look like that but they are loyal,” everyone in the Engineering cafeteria hitch their breathing hearing their leader’s voice—so soft and delicate.

 

Even his friends weren’t able to say something because they know Hyukjae will throw rampage the moment Donghae walks out of their territory just because they said something stupid. Donghae grabs Hyukjae’s hand on his ear, “I know—I’m sorry too for not eating lunch with you lately—you know that I’ve been so busy with those deadlines and stuff,” and they really cannot believe how Lee Donghae—who was angry a while ago was able to turn sweet while talking to Hyukjae.

 

They aren’t even dating and yet they look like one. “Look—Shindong and Kangin will get us lunch already—right?” and when Hyukjae turns toward his friends, he gave them a death glare which makes them both to stand up, “Of course hahahaha,” Shindong laughs nervously, he is the leader of Computer Science Engineer, “What do you want to eat, Donghae?” and Kangin looks awkward, he is the leader of Chemical Engineer.

 

Hyukjae looks at his childhood friend again and wait for his reply, “Hummm—I want—do you have cakes here? I suddenly crave for chocolate cake—but if you don’t have—” “WE HAVE!” both Kangin and Shindong said in union. Even if they don’t have it—they will do whatever it takes to have it because they know that both of them will kiss Hyukjae’s punches later if they will not get what Donghae wants.

 

Engineering students are barbaric—but in the middle of it they have their King—Lee Hyukjae. Even fourth year students heard about the crazy things Hyukjae have done lately—and they know that the whole third year students are under his control.

 

Many people have heard about Lee Donghae even though he isn’t from Engineering College, and they all know that Donghae gets what he wants because his back up is the entire third year students together with the king.

 

“Wow—I mean—I didn’t know that cafeteria in Engineering has cakes—I should keep on eating here instead of waiting for those ers who abandoned me already!” it’s also funny watching Donghae’s mood changed from happy to angry.

 

Hyukjae waves at his friends and they both run quickly to freaking find the nearest store that sells freaking chocolate cake.

 

The tension is still high—especially to the students around them. “Ohh—Sungminnie~” another childhood friend and part of Hyukjae’s group. He chose to stay with Hyukjae because he loves Biochemical and engineering has the best of it—he also knows how crazy Hyukaje can be so being with Donghae will be a death wish for him. “Hum?” he looks at his friend. Sungmin is sitting opposite to Donghae and Hyukjae. It has been like that since forever. Hyukjae and Donghae sit beside each other while he sits opposite to them, “I have new movie that you like—do you want to watch it? I have free time later—owww you can even sleepover if you want,” and that makes people gulp loudly.

 

Kyuhyun glared at Sungmin and Hyukjae looks tense, “That’s—” and Sungmin knows his position in their friendship, “sweet of you Donghae but—” he looks at Kyuhyun, “Kyu and I need to finish our project first,” he reasoned out making Kyuhyun smirks.

 

“Do we?”

 

“Neh!”

“But both of you don’t have the same major,” Donghae said suddenly while moving closer to Hyukjae. It has been like this since he can remember. Donghae likes to cling around Hyukjae and he doesn’t care if people think that Hyukjae is scary—for him—Hyukjae is Hyukjae. “Hahahaha—neh—but—he’s good at this subject Donghae and I really need his help—right Kyu?” Sungmin kicks his leg while looking at him intensely, Kyuhyun smiles, “Neh Donghae—sorry—I will kidnap your friend,” and Kyuhyun knows he cannot keep on playing with fire with Hyukjae around.

 


 

Donghae keeps on complaining even though his cake arrives already.

 

He keeps on complaining until he finished his dessert.

 

Actually he keeps on complaining when Hyukjae pulled out in front of his college and he also complained when Hyukjae said goodbye to him, “Arghh—why didn’t you even study music Hyukkie? You are good at it too just like me but you chose your crazy life now! I am lonely you know!” Donghae complains a lot that people are so tense because they all heard the rumor.

 

They know the crazy third year head hazer—but they weren’t aware that Lee Donghae is super close with him because it’s always Donghae going to Engineering and not Hyukjae.

 

The car door is already open and Hyukjae is just standing there waiting for Donghae to finish his ranting, “I’m better at Electrical Hae—you know that—right? You told me you will support me with my major choice—remember?” and because Hyukjae knows that Donghae and him are different with each other. Donghae stomps his feet on the ground, “Arghhh that reason again! And next time—drop by my cafeteria! Why am I always the one going to your cafeteria? Don’t you want to eat here? Bibimbap, tteokboki, and kimbap are all good here!” and Hyukjae chuckled looking at Donghae’s retreating figure. He is used to it—ranting before leaving.

 

“Study hard, Hae!” he said before going in his car and driving back to his college.

 


 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

I look at the freshmen lining up on the field. I am so pissed off today, “WHERE ARE YOUR OTHER CLASMATES?!?” I yelled at them because we have thousands of new Engineering students but right now we only have half of it. The hazing hasn’t ended yet because we still have 2 weeks before the closing ceremony but these kids are causing trouble to me.

 

They are all bowing their heads not talking, “I SEE! HAZING IS THIS GREAT THAT YOU ALL LEARN HOW TO LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER!! FINE!! I WILL GIVE YOU AN HOUR FOR LUNCH!!” I yelled again and this nice side of me isn’t really nice. Kyuhyun whispered to me, “No Hyuk,” he warns me but I smirk, “try me!” I said before yelling loudly, “FAILED TO BRING EVERYONE BACK HERE IN THE FIELD AFTER LUNCH WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR RECOMMENDATION!! MEANING—YOU ARE ALL GOING TO REPEAT THE HAZING NEXT YEAR!”

 

That makes them all to raise their head and complain.

 

“But sunbae~”

 

“This is so unfair!”

 

“It isn’t our fault!”

“Hyuk Sunbae!”

 

“He is evil!”

 

“And that’s the reason why no one should mess up with pissed off Hyukjae,” I heard Kangin said but I ignored him. I already walk out of the field because I promised Dongahe that I will eat lunch with him today.

 

I did eat lunch with him before when we were freshmen but music students are afraid of me just because I am from engineering college so I stopped and then Donghae dropped by almost 2 times a week to eat or rant to me in my college.

 

Their faculty isn’t that far actually, just 10 minutes’ drive from the soccer field that Engineering students are using for hazing.

 

I walk in their cafeteria with people looking at me just because I am wearing different uniform from them and just because of those crazy rumors about me.

 

Finding Donghae in their busy cafeteria isn’t hard since he is the only one sitting alone with his two friends sitting opposite to him—also I know Donghae for so long that I even memorized even his back.

 

I stride faster towards him and sit casually beside him, “Oh—your boyfriend is here!” Ryeowook said smirking at Donghae. I smirk back at him, “Hyukkie~” Donghae greeted me cheerfully and I can’t help but smile just by hearing his voice, “whipped~” Heechul mumbled but I’ve heard it, “At least I don’t abandon friends!” my cold voice echoes in their cafeteria because I want them all to know what kind of friends Donghae has.

 

Donghae chuckled; Heechul glared at me, Ryeowook rolled his eyes. I put my arm on Donghae’s chair and he leans forward to me, “Hum—you smell bad Hyukkie! Aren’t you still done with your barbaric hazing?” see, he is complaining again, but like usual, I push some strands of hair at the back of his ears while looking back at him, “Uh hum—and I am so pissed off,” he sighs. He gave up on me for a long time already. He knows I love trouble so much.

 

“Anyway, what did you get for lunch?” I look slightly at the table and only saw Heechul and Ryeowook’s food but not Donghae, “I ordered bibimbap for both of us and tteokboki—I don’t like my food to get cold while waiting for you,” he said softly—he mumbles the words like he is singing something. I can’t help but sigh, “yeah—should I get it?” I asked him and he only nods.

 

I pulled my arms and stand up leaving Donghae with his friends just to get our lunch.

 

Donghae ordered—but I pay for it.

 

No one dares to stop me when I go straight to the aunty selling bibimbap and tteokboki—I don’t even think someone will dare to.

 

I walked back confidently with the tray of food and additional milk tea too because I know how much he loves drinking those sweet milk tea. I put down everything on the table before sliding back on our previous seat where Donghae is clinging on me and Heechul and Ryeowook are looking un-amused at us.

 

“Hyukkie—I don’t like this!” Donghae complained because he doesn’t like eating some vegetables on bibimbap, he normally just want the kimchi, meat, rice, and egg. “Give me,” I said softly while he is transferring his food on mine and I did learn to give up the kimchi for him a long time ago.

 

“Are you sure you two aren’t dating?”

 

Same old question from Heechul and I don’t want to answer any more so I only focus on my food. “I am getting irritated with you two—you are like playing husband and wife already but you weren’t aware of it,” Heechul continues and I also continue eating, “drop it Heechul!” Donghae said softly while also devouring his meal.

 

“Ryeong—look at them—do you think they aren’t dating?”

 

I look at those crazy friends of Donghae and they are just talking by themselves, “They aren’t denying or confirming—I don’t know anymore! I don’t want to get crazy because of them!” Ryeowook complains too and all I can do is laugh.

 

‘Husband and wife huh?’

 


 

This is only a short story of two idiots friends that doesn’t know the boundary between friendship and relationship ahhahahaha

 

comments?