Weird

Mark Her Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IRENE giggled in joy when her favorite blood was served to her. Above all the blood types, she loves type A a lot more. She would always jump in joy whenever she sees the blood packs with the same label.

“OurJoohyunie, eat well~” The King said before handing the blood pack to her daughter. He even struck a straw on it. He ruffled her hair before going back to her desk.

“Thank you, Father~” Irene then jumped back to the couch before taking a sip of her favorite blood. “This is really delicious~”

The King just smiled at her before looking back to the matters that he has to attend to it. He hasn’t dived in completely to his work when Irene suddenly appeared beside her. The young girl was looking at him with very curious eyes. “Is there anything wrong, my baby?”

Irene let go of her straw and started laying out her concern. “Father, I want to ask… Why do we feed on blood packs?”

“Hm?” The King dropped all his work and lifted the little girl and made her sit on his lap. “Why did you ask?”

“Father, I was playing in the garden earlier and a servant came to me.”

“A servant came and talked to you?” The girl gave an innocent nod. The Vampire King couldn’t help but to frown. Who among the servants are brave enough to come close and talk to the princess just like that? “What did he say?”

“He asked me… of what would be the use of our fangs if we aren’t going to feed using it? He said that blood is tastier if we it directly from other humans.”

The King got it. It seems like one of the rebels has infiltrated the castle and is under disguise as a servant. He then caressed the head of little Irene.

“My princess…” He called. “A law has been passed that a vampire should only feed through other means such as blood packs and sachets. It was passed to have a harmony of living with the normal humans. If we feed directly on them, we will be sent to jail unless a permission was given by the human itself.”

The King doesn’t know if Irene would understand what he said but still he chose to say it. The heir to the throne must be aware of important things like this at an early age.

“The servant said that vampires are designed to feed directly on humans so why are we going against the way we are designed?”

The little girl’s question made the King’s headache for a moment. “Listen to me, dear. Sometimes we need to change and adjust if other people are being harmed with it. It is for the greater good.”

The rebels are really trying to poison the princess’ mind and that is very clear. The King then mentally ran a list of names of trustworthy vampires that he can task to watch over Irene.

“I believe Sakura is the best candidate.” He blurted out of nowhere.

“Father?” Irene called out of curiosity.

“It’s nothing, Princess.” He smiled but then he had already made a mental note about calling the said knight and ask for her service. “From now on, never ever talk to strangers, Joohyun-ah. I have been so lenient. You should never listen to whatever other people say if you don’t really know them.”

“Yes, Father~” The little girl obediently nodded before taking another sip of her food.

The King then sent an email to his knight, the highest of the ranks, and told him to look for the said guy that talked to Irene. “Alright, little one. Go ahead and read some books. Daddy still has to work.”

“Owkie~” Irene cutely jumped from her father’s lap and started going to one of the shelves. “I wonder if it is really more delicious to feed on humans…”

The little girl’s murmur caught the King’s attention once more. It’s the current dilemma of their kingdom anyway. The younger generation are growing really curious on how blood tastes when it is freshly out of humans. He then took a deep breath and called out to his daughter once more.

“Joohyunie.”

The little girl made a really cute turn. “Yes, Father?”

“If you are really curious about it, wait until you get married. By then you will understand.”

The little girl was then left confused. “Until I… get married—”

Everything suddenly turned weird, with everything whirling and being smudged. The next thing that Irene knows is that she has grown up, on her wedding dress and in front of her is Seulgi, her bride.

The said girl gave her a very warm smile before she pulled out her ribbon. Irene even gulped when she ed her shirt before pulling it to show her neck. And then, Seulgi raised Irene’s chin with her free hand and with an alluring smirk she said,

“My Princess, dig in~”

Irene’s eyes turned red as her fangs started to grow longer. “Finally, a taste of blood straight from a human.”

Seulgi suddenly looked sad. She cupped Irene’s face and closed the distance between the two of them with barely an inch remaining. “What’s taking you so long, Princess? Go ahead and eat…”

The Vampire Princess gulped. She could feel the excitement deep inside with her heart thumping really loud. She then opened up Seulgi’s shirt to reveal more of her neck. “I will… eat well~”

The girl was about to bite Seulgi’s neck when a huge pillow suddenly hit her face. She didn’t mind it at first but then another one hit her and there she lost it.

“What the h—” The princess was surprised when she found out that she was back on the couch where she slept last night. She found herself sitting and even jerked to her place when she saw Seulgi looking at her with those narrowed, irritated eyes.

“S-Seulgi—”

“Just what on earth are you dreaming about, Rusty?” The girl asked, surprisingly she was wearing her glasses. “Are you having some weird dream about me? Why are you calling my name again and again... like a ert?”

“WHAT!?” Irene immediately flushed after hearing that. “I wasn’t—”

Seulgi then just raised her phone right in front of Irene’s face and played a video of her while dreaming. Even Irene’s toes coiled when she watched herself indeed calling out for her wife’s name again and again. The video finished and Seulgi’s sly smile behind the phone was then revealed. Irene is clearly fuming.

“Don’t tell me that you have fallen in love with me already, Rusty?” Seulgi said before pressing the play button again. “I can’t believe I got you without doing any—”

“YOU WISH!” Irene tried to snatch the phone out of Seulgi but the girl was quick to dodge her. She even mocked at her by tucking out her tongue. “What are you doing taking videos of other people without permission!? For goodness’ sake I was sleeping!”

“It was you who was calling for me so I just responded to your call~” Seulgi then hid her phone in her pocket. “And you weren’t just ‘another person’. You are my wife.”

“Shut it!” The Vampire Princess blushed. “Erase that video at this very moment!”

“I don’t like~” Seulgi stood up and started walking away with a huge sneer on her face.

“Look at this girl!” Irene immediately stood up but then she noticed that her blanket had changed into something thicker. She didn’t pay much attention to it since she’s still angry about the video. She followed Seulgi to the kitchen and saw her preparing some cereal for breakfast.

“Seulgi, erase that video now please!” Irene marched towards her but the other girl just looked at her and casually she said,

“Tell me first what kind of dream you were having~”

“I don’t like to!”

“Then I won’t delete it~”

Irene puffed her cheeks in anger. “Kang Seulgi, I—”

The Vampire Princess was suddenly silenced when Seulgi suddenly fed her with the cereal. “Eat first. Aren’t you hungry? I can hear your stomach growling even from here.”

Irene was still shocked but then she started chewing. She is indeed hungry. Her dream was literally about her craving for her wife’s blood. “Pwease stop shaying embarrasshing stuffs…”

“You were the one doing embarrassing stuffs.” Seulgi was about to eat her cereal but she stopped as she looked at the spoon that she was using. Irene watched her take a deep breath before going to pull out a new spoon for herself. She then handed the used spoon to Irene and even made a new bowl of cereal for her.

Irene found it weird but she didn’t mind anymore. She has to eat. She knows that ordinary foods will not satisfy her thirst for blood but at least she has to fool her own system until she finds a way to blood packs. For five more days… She has to do something or else she might really--

“Do you have any plans for today?” Seulgi suddenly asked.

“Noshing…” Irene answered, her cheeks now puffing because of cereal.

“Do you want to go outside?” And with that, ladies and gentlemen, is when Seulgi succeeded in making Irene forget about the video.

“Are you asking me for a date?” Irene teased, trying to get back on her.

Seulgi just smirked. “Why? Do you like it that much that I am inviting you out on a date?”

“Shuddup!” Irene continues with stuffing with the food. Seulgi just snickered.

“Are you that hungry?” Seulgi took another spoon of her food. “Let’s go eat outside. I am actually craving for some grilled meat. I want some wang galbi.”

“Ohh~ That’s really good~ Let’s go then~”

Seulgi nodded. “Let’s finish these bowls and prepare. We should go buy snacks too because the fridge is literally empty. Do they really intend to make us starve here?”

‘He does.’ Irene thought with her father in mind. There's an online market but she can’t even access blood. Her dad is really something.

“Also…” Seulgi gulped. “Jaewook—I mean, my father has told me to visit someone from here. He even said that he would go and whip me if I don’t go to that place.”

“Hm?” Irene’s curiosity aroused. It seems like she isn’t the only one who received an errand from her dad. “Where is that then?”

“I…” Seulgi suddenly looked uneasy. She took a deep breath which just made her slouch at the end. “I need to visit one of the most popular shamans in terms of precognition. My dad wants us to see her together and have our future read.”

“Ohh~” Irene’s eyes twinkled in excitement. “That seems fun.”

Seulgi scoffed. “Fun, you say?”

The girl just focused on eating while Irene just looked at her. Then she understood. She is worried that the said shaman would see right through her—that she is a zero. But, why would the Shaman King send his daughter that is a zero to forecasters just like this. She understands that he wants to have a glimpse of their future together but Seulgi is now pretending to be powerful. What if she suddenly got busted? Unless that fortune teller is already aware of the situation but looking at Seulgi’s expression, Irene concluded that the said shaman is unaware of the pretension.

Seulgi has finished her cereals first so she went to stand up first. “Gonna go and prepare so I can ask that shaman about your dream, Rusty~”

Irene almost choked with her milk. “What on—YAH! Come back here, Kang Seulgi! Delete that video once and for all!”


 

 


 

GROWL~~ GROWL~~

“Can you do something with that stomach of yours?” Seulgi asked, irritated. Irene’s stomach is really going berserk right now. “What will all your fanboys think once they realize that their goddess’ stomach’s growl this loud when hungry?”

“Can you please stop teasing me?” Irene said in a very tired voice. They are now in the car on the way to the popular shaman place. They just set off but her stomach is already going crazy. As expected, the bowl of cereal will never be enough as a substitute.

Seulgi just shook her head. She handed her some of her favorite mint candy. “Settle with this first. I am sure there will be food in that Shaman’s house prepared for us. She’ll have princesses as her visitors anyway.”

“I thought we were going to have wang galbi…” Irene grunted.

“We can have it for dinner. We can cook it on our own.”

“You know how to cook?”

“I worked in a grill restaurant for part time…”

“Part…” Irene’s voice trailed off when she noticed the change in Seulgi's expression. It’s literally saying not to dig more of the said topic. She said what she said but that’s up to that part only. It seems like she doesn’t want to open up about all the hardships that she faced while she was on exile.

“So, yes. We’ll just buy some meat and spices on our way back.” After that Seulgi went silent. Irene also wants to stay silent but her stomach just won’t stop growling. Seulgi couldn’t do anything because she doesn’t have anything left to give her but her eyes are definitely on the said girl.

Irene’s face brightened up when the car stopped and the engine died down. It just means that they have arrived at their destination. She raised her head and saw that they are in front of a very small and old house. She was bewildered. “Is this—”

She wasn’t able to finish what she was saying when she saw Seulgi already getting out of the car. She immediately unbuckled up and went down. She got even more marveled. “B-But you said… we were going to the most popular shaman of precognition but…” Irene’s voice completely trailed off when she observed more of the house which is really not presentable at all.

By the door Irene found a sam taegeuk crest which show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter