Chapter 10

Where My Heart Belongs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived at my flat and there I saw Bobby waiting for me. He looks so worried.

 

“How are you? You made me worried. You didn’t answer my calls.” he said while checking on me.

 

I am spacing out. Not that I am thinking of what happened in the office but with what is happening to me.

 

This man in front of me has been my best friend for three years now. But there are things I still don’t know about him. Things that he refuse to share to me.

 

“Jane.” he said once again.

 

I smiled and told him that I am okay.

 

I opened the door of my apartment and gestured him to come in.

 

I go straight to the kitchen to prepare dinner for us.

 

“I’ll prepare instant foods, okay? I don’t have time to-” I was cut when he back hugged me.

 

“Let us stay like this, for now, okay? Before I lose all the chance to hug you like this.” he said.

 

“Bobby…” I uttered.

 

I don’t know what is happening but this Bobby who is hugging me now is different from the Bobby that I used to know.

 

I wanted to ask him what happened but I want to give him time until he is ready to tell me what bothers him.

 

I faced him and hug him as well. He put his chin on my shoulder and I feel that he is crying.

 

I caress his back and told him that everything will be okay.

 

“I hope I have protected you well enough.” he said which made me more confused.

 

What is he talking about? Is he leaving me or what?

 

“Wait, Bobby. What is this all about? Are you leaving?” I said and this time I break the hug.

 

“When the time comes that you find what you’re looking for, remember that there was Bobby who loved you, okay?” he said.

 

Yeah, for the past three years, he has been my partner in crime. He had done everything just to protect me. He has been my hero. I don’t know what could have happened to me without him.

 

“What is happening, Bobby? Did you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter