Fourteen.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"So, you're together again?"

"Yes."

"Ha! I knew you wouldn't last for too long!"

Wendy rolled her eyes at Joy. Indeed, Irene and Wendy couldn't last for too long without each other. If soulmates were a thing they'd difentely be a pair of those. Joy teased them and made fun of them for breaking up for less than two weeks. It was childish, as Joy said, but she only said that because she didn't know the actual reason behind all this.

They were in their dressing room, backstage, getting ready for the music awards. Red Velvet were rumoured to get three awards that night. They were excited.

Irene and Wendy still didn't have a plan but Irene had a little something in mind. The leader had a talk with their sunbae, Taeyeon, who was always informed about everything and anything. All night she had kept awake, searching for information and asking other SM idols about this man. Irene was determined to find that man and make him suffer.

"Five mins!" someone yelled, startling Wendy. She wasn't the type to get scared easily but that particular day she was always on the edge. Probably nervous, maybe a little relieved. Nervous because she would see the man again and relieved because she had Irene to protect her. One would think that the small leader wasn't capable of protecting the members but that was oh so wrong. Irene could and would move mountains for these girls.

The girls along with all the other idols that were getting ready backstage, settled down on their assigned seats in front of the big stage, fans screaming on top of their lungs. They bowed to other groups, greeted their friends and waved at the fans. The music awards were about to begin. When all idols and staff members were ready, the mc appeared on the stage and the night begun. It wasn't anything special, it was just like every other music awards they had been to. The girls performed their newest songs, got all three awards they were rumoured to get and then sat, waiting for the show to end. It wouldn't be over soon, though, there were still many artists waiting to perform. While everyone enjoyed the group that was currently performing on stage, Wendy and Irene had their minds elsewhere. The leader held Wendy close throughout the whole show, her hand glided down her arm, folded over her hand. Her fingers laced with hers, palms kissing. Wendy could feel the fast thud of her heart through this single touch. Nothing in the world compared to the comfort and security of having Irene just hold her hand. Wendy looked at their locked hands and chuckled, "You're low-key exposing us,"

"I don't care." Irene's voice was firm. She was upset, Wendy could tell. The night before, the leader didn't let go of her. She had hugged her all night long, kissing her scratches, her marks, her body, her face. Irene loved her with all her heart and she wouldn't let anyone touch her girlfriend ever again. She was upset fot letting that happen already once. That bastard was going to pay.

When Twice went on stage Irene started to get loose; seeing her friends perform always made her happy. She closed her eyes and enjoyed their beautiful voices until she felt Wendy tense next to her. She quickly opened her eyes and looked around, "What happened?" she asked her. Wendy's grip on her hand tightened. The main vocalist leaned closer to her, "It's him," she whispered, covering with a hand. They didn't want people reading her lips through fancams. Irene freezed and scanned the whole place with her eyes. "On the right. The tall one." Wendy guided her with another whisper. And then Irene spotted him. A tall man with dark wavy hair and sharp brown eyes. Hadn't he done all that, Irene would have found him attractive. It took Irene a second to realize that she had seen the man before.

"Oh my..." Irene held her breath. She tried her best to control her emotions, given the fact that everyone was watching them and even filming them. They had to go elsewhere to discuss this or else fans would get suspicious. Irene grabbed her arm and dragged her out of there. "We're going to the restroom," she informed the confused girls next to them. Indeed, they went to the restroom, bowing at every single idol on their way there.

Irene pushed the restroom door shut and turned to look at a very confused Wendy. "I know him!" the leader smiled. She was relieved. "Taeyeon showed hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter