Chapter 2

One and Only You

Eun-Ri's POV
"Hye-rin-isshi, can you please-" I was trying to ask my nurse, but then I paused to notice her current actions. 

"Oh, oppa! You are so sweet!" She said into the phone. Probably talking to her new boyfriend as she's been non stop raving about him for the past few weeks.

"Ji Hye-rin! Hye-rin-isshi!" I spoke loudly enough for her to hear me. It's really unprofessional when people are not focusing on their responsibilities during work. 

"Ji Hye-rin, this a hospital and you are a nurse, my nurse. There is a time and place to talk to your boyfriend. Please refrain from any personal matters during work hours." I told her sternly. She looked at me blankly and hung up the call. 

"Now, can you please send in these medications to the pharmacy. The patient should be able to pick them up later. Also do you have my patient schedule for tomorrow? I would like to review the files before the appointments." I asked while signing off on the last few pieces of paperwork. 

"Y-Yes Dr.Han. Everything is in here. I'm also sorry about the mishap." Hye-rin said with a deep bow. She handed me the files and I took a quick glance at it. 

"It's alright, but don't let it happen again. Remember what I said." Packing the files in my bag, I started heading out to my car. However, just then one of my colleagues stopped me in my tracks. 

"Dr. Han, I see that we are getting off at the same time. Care for a drink with me?" It was Dr. Lee Jae-hyuk. All the nurses and other female doctors swooned over him. He was one of those guys, who can have their way with looks. I never understood what was so special about him that made everyone gush over him. 

"Dr. Lee, how many times have you used that line? Oh, don't worry I won't tell." I said with raised eyebrows.

 "Eun-ri-isshi, you are really beautiful and it would be an honor to get to know you." He said with his raised, bright dimples. 

Going on dates and having a relationship was the least of my worries. I always found it troublesome to take care of another person. I'm pretty sure they could care less about me too. 

"Wow, you're milking the whole bet thing aren't you?" I scoffed at him. He looked at me with surprise and worry all in one. 

"W-what? There is no bet?!" He said, avoiding my gaze. 

I started walking toward him, closer just to intimidate his ego. "Really, then what's on the whiteboard behind the lockers in the break room? Oh I remember, a betting pool on a certain, cold, female doctor, to see if she can say yes?" 

"Just please go out with me?" Jae-hyuk asked shamelessly. Did he really just asked me that? 

"In your dreams playboy." I sneered at him and started to walk outside. I'm pretty sure he was cursing at me for not agreeing to his proposal. I started my car and drove off.

I could actually leave work when my appointments were done. However, I always stayed after for a few hours to finish up paperwork and prescriptions. The earlier my patients got their medications, the better for them. 

I reached the bar that frequently visited. Even though I never drink, there was a special someone I always loved to see. I parked in the reversed lot and walked inside. I knew she wouldn't mind, I'm here to see the owner after all. 

Usually the bar gets busier later at night. I liked to visit when it wasn't rush hour to avoid the crowds. It also gave me a chance to talk to her privately. 

"Yah! How we can serve this drink?! It's super bitter?! Try again! I need a new idea by the end of the week, or there will be consequences." I heard her scold the younger workers. Fuming with fire, she walked over to where I was sitting. 

Go Seo-yeon, also known as the daughter and co-heir of Go Architectural Design Firm. It was mostly run by her parents and older brother. I first met her in high school and she stood out in the crowd, the extrovert, the high school drama queen. I was a girl who was invisible, and I liked it that way. 

Seo-yeon was the first one to talk to me as we partners for biology class. She hated science and asked me for help since I was a study bug. We became friends through the daily tutoring sessions. In return, she introduced me to the world of socializing. 

I was grateful that she stuck by me despite my painful family environment. After high school, we both went to the same university and stayed as roommates not wanting to part with each other. Seo-yeon was the only person I could be open with and cared for. We looked like an old married couple.  

"Seo-yeon-ah, can you please stop scolding those poor college kids? They are doing their best, you know." I said calming her down. I gave an apologetic look on her behalf to the younger ones from a distance. They smiled at me and continued on with their work. 

"I don't understand why they wanted to work here, considering they are majoring in Literature and Arts." She said while wiping glasses behind the bar counter. 

"Says the woman who has a Master’s degree in architecture and now owns a place that ruins society's health." I said, awaiting her attention. 

"Sweetie, it's called a bar. People come here to enjoy or drink their sorrows out. Now what would you like to drink madam?" Replying with her usual sassy attitude. 

"You know the usual, a club soda." I said to her. Seo-yeon looked at me weirdly again. 

"Who comes to bar and orders a club soda? Maybe you did come from another realm." She said while filling up glass. I rolled my eyes at her comment. 

“Eun-Ri-ah, you know won’t turn out like him, even if you try drinking.” She said, filling up my glass. I ignored her statement and changed the subject. 

"Your mother called me again today. She asked me to advise you to join the firm permanently." I said playing with ice in my glass. 

"Aiya, she never gives up does she? I got the degrees like they wanted me too. Look I designed this whole place with my knowledge." She sighed while sitting down next to me. 

"Yeonnie, try talking to your parents, convince them that you like owning businesses. Maybe Dong-Hyun oppa can back you up?" I asked, while patting her head. 

Seo-yeon, like me, loved to be independent. She studied architecture for 6 years and put it to good use by constructing her own business. However it was not to her parent's liking. Their firm built houses, apartments and big office buildings. 

"That old oppa? What help will he do? He's too busy with his new girlfriend. My parents gush over her so much to point it makes me want to gag." I laughed as she pretended to vomit. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot, are you still planning to move out of that small apartment complex?" Seo-yeon asked, going back behind the counter. "Of course, I already found the place, the move in is a few days. I have to move out, the landlord is so annoying. She keeps pestering me to go out with her son. Every time I say no, she raises the rent." I told her while taking a sip of my soda.

"You know it wouldn't hurt to try once. Experience what it is like to go on date and have some romance." She said looked at the ceiling with a dreamy expression. Once a drama queen, always a drama queen. 

I looked at her with disgust. "Honestly, I could care less about him. Probably a very uninteresting guy." Seo-yeon relieved from her cliched expression and went back to her easiness. 

"Aiya, look at my Eun-ri, being so cold hearted. I send my regards to your soon to be boyfriend." She clicked her tongue at me.

“Hey, there is party tonight being hosted here. Want to join me?” Seo-yeon asked, poking me in the arm. I was never the party girl type. There was too much noise, drinking and a lot of rated R stuff that goes down. Who would want to be around sweaty people like that? It was just so unhealthy. Seo-yeon, on the other hand, was the opposite. During our university years, she attended various parties on behalf of both of us. She would stay out all night, while I was content with staying in or taking evening walks. 

“Yah! You know I have work tomorrow. I can’t just drink all night.” I swatted her hand away. “All the more reason too! I’m pretty sure doctor relieve their stress some way.” I stuck my tongue out at her. 

“Yeah, I relieve my stress by reading books, working on patient files.” I told her with narrow eyes. 

“Aish, you sure are party pooper. Maybe it’s a good thing you don’t come.” Seo-yeon went back to cleaning up behind the counter. 

“Sajang-nim! There’s a man passed out at the back tables!” The part timer exclaimed to us from a distance. Walking up to the tables, we found him lying down with his arms spread across the table. “I tried to stop him, but he kept pushing to order more,” said the college student. 

Closely observing, the man seemed familiar. I remembered seeing him in commercials and various shows. Although I don’t watch TV as much, I wasn't totally uncultured. “OMG! He's GOT7’s leader, JB!” Seo-yeon yelped in surprise. I told her quiet down as I didn’t want to create a ruckus. Judging by the number of bottles on the table, I wondered about his situation to binge drink. He was an idol after all. 

“Seo-yeon, help me carry him to my car. I will take him to the hospital to get him an IV and some supplements.” She nodded in agreement. The part timer helped me raise him. I wrapped his arm around my neck. The balance was off, as I was a bit shorter than him, but it worked out for the time being.

Soon we laid him down in the back seat of the car. It would be one hell of a workout to get him inside the hospital. “I will let you know what happens. Make sure not to post this anywhere.” 
I told Seo-yeon. It was the part timer I was worried about as they tended to use SNS frequently. However, I knew that Seo-yeon would have him under control.