Chapter 10 (Edited)

One and Only You

Eun-ri’s POV

Yesterday at work was an emotional trainwreck. However, for some strange reason, talking with JB seemed so peaceful and made me feel better. I felt my cheeks rising to turn into a smile. What could this mean? Did he sway me with just a conversation?  I haven’t told Seo-yeon or Dong-hyun oppa yet though. I knew they would freak out and start being overprotective, especially oppa. I had to tell them when the time was right.

Today at work there wasn’t much drama. Thank god! I don’t think I could have handled another confrontation. I locked my office and exam room as I began to leave work. As usual, my nurse gave me the important files needed for my appointments on Monday. 

I exited the hospital to get ready to go home as I wanted to wash up before I went to go visit Seo-yeon at her bar. However, when I was about to get into my car, I saw a strange man, medium build, but tall and lean though. He was dressed in all black and walking towards my car. The stranger didn’t seem as if he was here someone or for the hospital. I got in my car assuming that he was walking towards his car. 

As I was driving, I saw through my back window that the stalker was following me in his car and on my way to my apartment. Realizing this, I stepped on it, driving faster to get to my place. I quickly drove into the parking lot and parked. But as fate would have it, he also came at the same pace. I hastily took the elevator back to my floor. I shouldn’t allow him to know where I live. Why am I suddenly being stalked? Could it be from her?! I thought to myself connecting the dots. I heard him coming up the stairs. 

I shouldn’t have to go to my place, he would then where I lived. I should confuse him and hide So I did the next best thing I could think of. I knocked on the door next to me, even though it would be awkward, surely they would understand if I explained my situation. Calling the cops would be a bit of a hassle right now. 

When the door quickly opened, I hastily ran inside without taking a glance at who it was. I turned around only to find none other than the man himself staring at me intently, Im Jae-beom. Wait a minute, I knew he lived in this complex, but as my neighbor?! Distracting myself from thoughts, I began to explain my situation. 

“Hey…. so…. Ummmmm…. I need help right now. I’m kind of in a bad situation.” I said awkwardly in hopes that he would return the favor. He should, after all, I mean I helped him when being drunk at the bar. 

“A situation? Does that situation count as randomly bursting into my place without any sort of notification?” He chuckled. 

“Yah! I’m being serious right now! I need help desperately. I would appreciate it if you let me stay here for a few minutes.” I yelled at him in frustration. Did he think it was a joke?!

“Alright, okay, what’s wrong?” He asked calmly now. I explained to him that I started being stalked from the hospital today. His mouth gaped in shock, guess he was trying to figure out a solution. 

“Shouldn’t we have called the police or security downstairs?! Also when you knew this and that I am an idol, why run into my apartment?!” He yelled with agony. 

“Sorry! I had no idea that you were my neighbor?! Plus the stranger would have not probably seen where I have gone or what floor I am on. He was about to come upstairs when I came into your room.” This time it was me shouting again as it became continuous in this urgent situation. 

“Alright fine, let’s lower our voices first and just stay calm. Hey since you are here, we can talk and hang out for a bit. Let me get you a glass of water.” Jae-beom motioned for me to sit on the couch as he was being hospitable. For some strange reason, it felt comfortable and less awkward. What was it with this guy to make me feel this way? I thought. 

Just then a cute little fluffy cat came up to me staring at me with its curious eyes. “Ah, I see you have met Nora. She’s one of the different cats that like people. Laura and the 3 should be around somewhere, probably in their room. 

“You have 5 cats?” I looked at him in shock. Was he a cat lady or something? He is an idol! How does he have time to take care of all 5 pets?

“You are probably wondering in your head, so I will just answer your question directly. I have 5 cats because I love pets and it also takes the loneliness away.” He answered calmly. I couldn’t believe that I was so transparent with my thoughts.

“So if you are lonely, why not have a girlfriend or lover? Isn’t Jackson dating In-ah?” My mouth spoke faster than my mind. Why Eun-ri?! Why ask a question like that?! For a minute after I asked, Jae-beom stared at me awkwardly, but then he began to answer calmly. 

“No I don’t have a girlfriend or lover, maybe just haven’t found the right one yet. Why ask so suddenly? Do you want to be the girlfriend of an idol?” He looked at me with a poker face. 

I felt the heat rising to my cheeks. Are you interested in him?! Is this one of those feelings Seo-yeon mentioned?!

“Me?! No, no, no, no?! I was just curious, that’s all. My friend always told me she wanted a significant other because she felt lonely.” I got up from that couch because of my embarrassment. 

However, as to my luck, Jae-beom began slowly walking up to me until I was cornered against the wall. Jae-beom leaned closer into me as his hand was against the wall. “Really?! Then why did you keep saying no? Also your cheeks are flushed and your eyes are avoiding contact.” He mentioned that as our foreheads were about to touch. Curse your body for acting on your own! You should follow my lead! I thought to myself. 

Avoiding his question, I immediately ducked out under his arm. “Hehe… the person might have already left, I think it’s time for me to go.” I anxiously answered. Before I was about to exit, Jae-beom caught my arm. 

“Hey so I was wondering, why don’t we go out to eat? I never did get to thank you for the time you helped me.” He politely asked. Again, the same thing happened, my heart spoke before my mind. It wasn’t such a bad idea, I needed to thank him for helping me as well. 

“You know what? That isn’t such a bad idea. I should also thank you for helping me today too. We can call it even. Let me go wash up and change.” I felt the corners of my mouth rising to. What was wrong with me?!

Jae-beom’s POV

I got ready in casual jeans and shirt, it was simply a normal dinner, but my mind and heart were acting separately. Usually, I don’t like having anybody at my place, but with Eun-ri, it felt comfortable and stayed the same. Nora also liked her at first sight, which is important because she usually does not warm up that quickly.

Teasing her when she was against them was so cute as she was all flustered. Does she feel the same way? I wondered. Anyhow, I grabbed my essentials and waited outside her door. It was so stranger that I haven’t seen her even though she lives only a few doors down from me. Maybe I should get out more. 

Just then I heard a door click, it was her. She has dressed fairly casually apart from her professional outfits. Although I saw her numerous times without makeup and home clothes, she happened to take my breath away. Who could look that good in black tights and an oversized sweatshirt? Is this how Jackson feels when he looks at In-ah? 

“So…. where are we headed to? I’m hungry.” She asked with an eager voice disrupting my thoughts. 

“We will be walking a few blocks from the complex. It’s a barbeque place that is open 24/7. Also, here, you will need this when you are out and about.” I handed her a black mask and a cap for protection. 

“Do I have to wear this?” She asked curiously. 

“Well, not unless you want to be caught and plastered all over SNS. Plus, the owner knows me and the members well  as we go there a lot, we will be okay.” I told her calmly, she did seem nervous. Both of us exited the complex and the walk to the restaurant was quiet. She stayed close to me, so close that our hands were almost touching. 

********

“Wow! This looks amazing and also tastes delicious!” Eun-ri exclaimed she was so happy that her hunger was finally satisfied. It was weird, but kind of amazing how she was starting to be more carefree in front of me. 

“I’m glad you like it! Thank you for letting me repay you with dinner. Also, I’m paying for it, so don’t worry about it.” I happily said to her while grilling the meat. Suddenly her phone rang, who could it be? “Is everything okay?” I asked her. Judging from today’s situation, I became protective of her. 

“Oh, its just Seo-yeon-ah. I forgot to meet her at her bar. It’s fine though.” The thought of mentioning her friend calmed my nerves. 

“Jae-beom, let me pay, its the least I could do after you helped me.” She mentioned. I motioned to her that it’s fine.

“You know what, we don’t have to pay. I know someone else who can.” I said haughtily. Eun-ri arched an eyebrow at me. I reached over and touched the ear of one of the younger members.

After I and Eun-ri came in, I noticed from the corner of my eye. Yu-gyeom, BamBam, Young-jae had come to dinner with In-ah. I could tell they sneakily took the table behind plants dividing us.

“Ow! Hyung! Please stop pulling my ear! In-ah Noona, look at what he is doing!” Yu-gyeom exclaimed. Eun-ri stood up in shock with wide eyes. She must be more surprised than ever. 

“Eun-ri…. Hahaha… nice to see you. We are just here to get takeout and leave. We did not expect you all to be here as well.” In-ah stammered with her words. In-ah glared at me to let go of Yu-gyeom’s ear. None of us in the group could win her, she treated the younger ones like her kids.

“Yu-geom-ah, pay up for us now, you are the one who started eavesdropping. If not, I won’t get you those shoes I promised.” I stated the obvious in hopes that he would pay. Sighing endlessly, he took out his wallet and went to the counter.

“Well, we have to get going, it’s getting late. In-ah, I will see you later, rest you guys I will see you at the studio later this week.” I waved bye and motioned Eun-ri to leave. She was still surprised to see this ongoing mini sitcom at the restaurant. 

The walk back to the apartment complex was also quiet. This was like deja-vu all over again. When we got back to the apartment, I saw that Eun-ri wasn’t going to the fourth floor, but the rooftop. Hmmm….. I might as well go too? 

“I thought you were going home. Why are you coming to the rooftop?” She asked shyly while clutching the ends of her sweater. I saw that her cheeks had become red and bit her lip in nervousness. 

“Well, because I want to keep seeing you and talking with you.” I said hastily avoiding contact with her. When the elevator opened I followed her. I have to tell her that she took my heart. I didn’t know why, her personality wasn’t my ideal type, but it always gravitated me towards her. 

I grabbed her hand and surprisingly she didn’t pull away. “Eun-ri, I like you. I like you, and your character and personality just want me to get to know you more. Please be my girlfriend. When you didn’t appear in front of me, I always thought about you and I couldn’t stop thinking too.” I had finally confessed to her. 

“Jae-beom….. This is too quick, I need time to think.” Eun-ri freed her hand from my grip. 

“I don’t know my feelings yet or how to control them. I never had a boyfriend or had a crush. This is all so new to me.” Eun-ri said looking down at the ground. I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to make her mine. 

“Maybe this will change your mind.” Without thinking, as if my body wasn’t connected to my mind, I immediately put my lips on hers. I could tell that she was in surprise as she didn’t open to take me in. One hand caressed her soft cheek, while the other weaved around her waist to hold her steady. Her lips were soft and supple and I could taste the lingering scent of cinnamon from the tea she had at the restaurant.

However, in just a few seconds, I felt her body come closer to me, almost melting with me. Her hands began to weave around my back and finally came to grab a hold of my neck. The kiss was passionate that it felt the whole world was on pause just for us. 

After a while - we didn’t even know how long that kiss lasted - broke apart to gasp for air.

“So do you accept?” I asked while still holding on to her tightly in the same position. 

It took her a few seconds to gather her bearings from the shock. “Just because we kissed, doesn’t mean we are dating. One is not meaningful.”

What is it with this woman?! “Oh really, we will see about that then. Two can play this game.” I leaned towards her. “You will be in for a big surprise tomorrow.” I told her excitedly. She dodged from our  position and started walking towards the staircase. “I want an answer by tomorrow!” I exclaimed, but she never looked back. Was she feeling the same way?