Chapter 12

One and Only You

Jae-beom’s POV

A few weeks after our first official date, Eun-ri and I were basking in the relationship glow. We have been meeting up for dinner every day and spend our nights on our quiet time on the peaceful rooftop. However, it is still taking time for us to get used to each other’s schedules. It was hard seeing or contacting each other during the as I would be in the studio working at the album and her at the hospital. The romantic part of the relationship is a little slow, as it is new for Eun-ri. Whenever I would make a cheesy comment, she would look at me like I’m crazy. 

Today, however, we decided to change it up as In-ah and Jackson invited everyone over for dinner. This would also be a good chance for Eun-ri to meet the members and get to know. I really hope there won’t be any ruckus among the younger members. They are known for their chaotic behavior and looking at Eun-ri’s personality, it’s not going to be so great. 

“Do I look okay? Should have I dressed up nicer?” Eun-ri asked hastily. We were our way up to Jackson’s and In-ah’s place for dinner. “Aiya, Rinnie, don’t worry, this is just a casual gathering. We do this a lot to spend together. Look I’m just wearing a hoodie and jeans.” I told her calmly. She looked at me blankly and rolled her eyes. “Well, you always wear clothes like that, its the norm for you. You even wore jeans on our date.”

“Hey now! What you do mean by that?! You said I looked great!” I exclaimed. “I was being nice! It was our first date! We are supposed to complement each other, right?!” Eun-ri sassed back. I chuckled at her expression. She never failed to make our conversations interesting. She is too adorable when she gets fired up. 

“We are here!” I announced as we entered our destination. Suddenly Yu-gyeom and BamBam swarming around Eun-ri. Jackson and Jin-young came to pull them away from Eun-ri being too overwhelmed. “Alright you two, that’s enough. She is new and our guest. Give her some space.” Jackson stated firmly to calm them down. 

I took Eun-ri over to the living room to relax. All of the members began introducing themselves one by one. I could tell Eun-ri was nervous, she kept a grip on my arm the whole time. Just then, Jin-young bought up a question for Eun-ri. “So can I call you Noona? Or is it too early for that?” Jin-young asked calmly. Surprisingly, she agreed pretty quickly. 

“So noona, what do you think of hyung?” Young-jae asked motioning to me. I saw Eun-ri’s eyes grow wide and struck with nervousness. “I…..I…..uh…uh… going to find In-ah in the kitchen, see if she needs help. Sorry, excuse me.” Eun-ri got up and left without answering the question. 

“Yah! What kind of question was that? It’s too straightforward and early to ask that.” Mark mentioned. “Sorry, hyung, I heard she was a straightforward person herself as JB hyung said.” Young-jae said with worry. “It’s alright, she still needs time to get used to everybody. She will be a lot more interesting once she is used to us.” I mentioned to Young-jae. But in all honestly, even though it was still early on, I did want to hear her answer

Eun-ri’s POV

After dinner, we all settled down to chat. I was so surprised how they were so close to each, they talked about the most random topics. Just then Mark silenced everybody to make an announcement. “So I was wondering since we have a few more weeks before our comeback, I heard from our manager that this weekend we have a break. We could go to Nami Island and relax?”

Everyone nodded in agreement with Mark’s idea. Jackson even suggested getting a hotel there to stay for the weekend. However, I wasn’t so much open to the idea though. A trip so quickly with them and my new boyfriend. Just then Jin-young said to me, “Noona, if you want to bring your friend along too, she is more then welcome to come.” Wait a minute, have they already taken my silence as a reply, without even formally asking me?

“Ummm…..I’m not sure about coming, with work and everything,” I told them anxiously. Just then In-ah asked, “I thought you didn’t have work on weekends?” Ahhh, she found me out, Great! Now, what am I supposed to say?! The best response I could give them was thinking about it and respond before Friday. If we were leaving Thursday evening, then I would have to move my appointments to Monday or have someone cover for me. I needed to talk to Seo-yeon about this. 

********

By the time, I and Jae-beom got home, it was already late, however, just before I was about to go into my apartment, he asked, “So, is there a particular reason you don’t want to come on the trip with us?” I felt bad telling him, but I needed to give him an honest answer.

“Jae-beom-ah, it’s not that I don’t want to travel with you. I just feel I don’t fit in your little family. You all are so close.” I told him, avoiding his contact. Suddenly, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in. “Eun-ri, everybody loves you. In-ah was in the same shoes as you when she started dating Jackson. It took her a while to get used to us too. Honestly, she still hasn’t gotten used to the members’ craziness.” Jae-beom started laughing. “There you go, there’s that smile,” He said and leaned in gave me a good night kiss. Maybe traveling with him won’t be so bad after all. 

********

“Chairman Ko, may I have a word with you?” I entered the Chairman’s office as I needed to talk about my leave for Friday. He smiled brightly and welcomed me in. “Ah, Dr. Han, lovely to see you. How are you?”

“Hello, sir, I am fine. I wanted to talk to you about something important. I was wondering if I could have a leave on Friday, if it’s not a problem with you?” I asked politely. As kind enough the chairman was, he replied, “That’s your worry, Dr.Han? You always worked so hard here at the hospital. Of course, you may have the day off. I can ask Dr. Ko to cover for you.” I faced glowed with surprise. I never thought he would say okay to this request. 

Later that evening, I told Jae-beom that I would go to Seo-yeon’s bar to hang out until he got off work. He was working extra hard today as we would be leaving Thursday night and spending the weekend at Nami Island. 

“Ah, the celebrity girlfriend has finally arrived!” Seo-yeon, exclaimed as I sat down that main bar table. “Yah! Don’t talk so loudly! People will hear you!” I quickly cover to stop her. “Do you see any sober, normal people here right now?” I looked around to confirm, it was deserted with only a few customers, the business was probably slow today.

“Am I not a normal person?” Suddenly Dong-hyun appeared. I gave him a quick friendly hug to greet him. “Oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked eyeing the bags in his hand.

“Ahh, these are some dishes I made to bring you. Seo-yeon texted me you were here. I was actually on my way to your apartment.” He was always so sweet to help me. It was great having him as a brother and friend.

“How come you bring her food, but not me?” Seo-yeon started bickering with him. “Because she works a lot, doesn’t have time to cook. Besides you come to the house and pig out anyway. Aish, I pity the guy who marries you.” I chuckled while drinking my soda. They always acted like 6-year-olds. “Alright you two, calm down, and thank you oppa for the food.”

“So, I was wondering are you both free this weekend? I am…. Uhhh… I am going to Nami Island with In-ah and GOT7” Seo-yeon suddenly became so excited when I mentioned it to her. However, she became sullen just in a few minutes, meanwhile, Dong-hyun was trying to get caught with our conversation. I might have forgotten to mention that I was dating Jae-beom, Oops!

“Ahh, sorry Rinnie, I am working this weekend. There is an important party booked this weekend here at the bar. It could really boost business and I can’t leave the workers to handle it.” Seo-yeon said disappointingly. 

“Wait a minute….. A trip with GOT7? What are you close with them now?” Dong-hyun asked curiously. “Ah, oppa, I forgot to tell you, but I and Jae-beom are dating now. It’s only been a week so far.” I replied

“Rinnie! What?! You forgot to tell me?! But you dating JB! A celebrity, that’s a huge risk!” Suddenly Dong-hyun exploded which was shocking because he was usually calm when hearing the news. 

“Oppa, why do you care who she dates? Plus she is dating a singer! Think of all the romance, the perks!” Seo-yeon excitedly said. Dong-hyun tapped her head. “Aiya, stop daydreaming, dating a celebrity is a huge risk! I hear from all the entertainment gossip the interns talk about at the firm” 

“Oppa, don’t worry, I won’t get hurt. Please be supportive.” I replied to him calm his worries. “Well, since we were on that note, I broke up with Tae-mi a week ago,” Dong-hyun said while drinking his wine. This time it was my turn to be shocked. 

“What?! You broke up?! But you both were so good together! Your parents loved her too.” I asked him in shock. 

“Ah Rinnie, they did, but he didn’t, he wasn’t feeling it,” Seo-yeon told me. “To be honest, Rinnie, I actually have liked someone close to me for a long time, you know her too,” Dong-hyun told me. I was so curious who it was. “Is it someone from our university group? Is it Hye-rin? She was always shy when she talked to you.” Dong-hyun responded in disagreement. 

“You will find out soon. Think about it. Anyways, have, uh, fun on your trip. Please update me that your safe. I am going to head out.” Just like that, Seo-yeon and I greeted him good night as he left the bar and the two of us got back to our conversation. 

“Ah, Rinnie, tomorrow, I will drop off some stuff for you for your trip. They will help you a lot.” Seo-yeon gave me a playful wink. I was confused by her expression. “What is this so-called stuff?” I asked her. 

“Just some protection and maybe some lingerie.” Seo-yeon started smiling brightly at me. “Aish, stop it already, it’s only been a week, plus we might have separate rooms.” I gave her a disgusted face. 

“Yah! You are a doctor, shouldn’t this thing be natural for you?” Seo-yeon mentioned. I rolled my eyes at her. She really needed a lecture about the difference. “Anyways, I don’t care what you say, I am going to help you pack tomorrow before you leave.” I gave her a smirk and bid my goodbyes as Jae-boem was here to pick me. 

“Hey, how was work? I asked him as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and buckled my seatbelt. “It was actually very productive, we got a lot done. How about you?” He asked. Suddenly his hand crawled over to reach my hand. I couldn’t help but to interlock my fingers with his. It felt warm and nice. I looked at the window to hide my smile. He also probably got the clue that I was blushing. 

“Oh, what are those bags. Seo-yeon gave them to you?” Jae-beom asked curiously. “Ha! The world would have ended by now if she could cook, those are dishes from Dong-hyun oppa. He likes to give me food every few weeks since I don’t have time to cook.” Suddenly I felt Jae-beom’ hand tighten in mine. I search his face to read his expression. 

“Don’t accept food from him next time. I will get up early and cook for you instead and fill your fridge.” Jae-beom firmly stated. “Aiya, you work a lot too, you need to rest. Besides its just food, what harm is there?” I asked reaching to caress the back of his head. 

“Also only talk to him when Seo-yeon is there, and don’t call him oppa” Jae-beom said avoiding my eyes. “Wait a minute, are you jealous? Omo, I didn’t know the leader of GOT7, the famous JB can get jealous!” I . It was so cute to see his reaction. 

“Alright, oppa, you can cook for me next time.” I smiled at him waiting for his reaction. His grip tightened in hand. I felt that he was embarrassed but soon relaxed. When we got to a red light, he leaned into me. “Jae-beom, you are driving, now is not the time,” I told him trying to push him back. “This is my way of making sure you’re mine.” Suddenly, in a split second, his lips were on mine. It felt so warm and soft. I felt the aftertaste of strawberry. Must have strawberry milk during work. But then in a few seconds, we broke away as the person behind us honked for us to move. We both laughed and Jae-beom held my hand all the way home while driving.