Chapter 5

One and Only You

Jae-beom's POV

“How long has it been? Their flight should have landed a while ago!” I exclaimed to In-ah impatiently. 

We were at the airport as Jackson, Mark and BamBam were coming back to Korea. A few days ago, Jackson finished his activities earlier than planned. Mark and BamBam missed us and had a couple of fashion shoots here. Luckily all three of them met up in Hong Kong. It was easier for us since they were all coming at the same time. 

“Calm down! They will be here soon. At least there is not a swarm of fans crowding. It was a good thing that the company kept it under wraps about their arrival.” In-ah stated her point. 

I agreed with her because usually we would have screaming fans when departing or arriving. It felt nice to just go out like a regular person. Plus no one would notice us since we wore masks, caps and hoodies. Only In-ah could recognize since she sees us on a regular basis. 

“Noona! How long do we have to wait?!” Yu-gyeom cried. 

Taking time out of their schedule, Yu-gyeom, Young-jae and Jin-young decided to come with us to pick them up. However, the drive ended up with the three of them sleeping while me and In-ah just chatted. 

“I can’t believe the impatience I’m dealing with! Stop whining, people will hear you.” In-ah looked at the younger members with a strict look. I muffled in my laugh not to ruin the moment. 

“There they are! I see them!” Young-jae said with excitement as waved his hands to signal them. 

At this moment, it was In-ah who became excited after being hypocritical with us. She immediately ran to Jackson and jumped in his arms just when came to us. I idolized their relationship. Started off very rocky and went through many obstacles they overcame together. Jackson picked her and both of them stood in a long embrace. After being apart from each other for nearly a year, I could understand the hidden pain they shared of being long distance.  

“Yah! What about us?! We are standing right here you know.” Mark-hyung exclaimed breaking their romantic silence. The rest of laughed at his comment as he was usually the most quiet one. 

“Now, Mark, don’t worry, I didn’t forget about you” In-ah chuckled at his jealousy as she gave him a shoulder hug.

“What about me, noona?!” BamBam exclaimed. 

“Aiya, I didn’t forget you either, fashionista BamBam.” She laughed at his pouty look. 

After all the greetings have been done, we started to walk out as we shouldn’t be staying at the airport too long. While we were pushing the luggage filled carts and in the midst of chatting, we bumped into the man in front of us. 

“Omo, we are so sorry! It was our mistake.” In-ah apologize politely while the members started helping out the man with his luggage. 

“No no, it is alright! I should have watched where I was going.” The man pardoned us.

“Oppa! There you are! Sorry I’m so late, I had to finish up with a patient!” A familiar voice exclaimed in the distance. It couldn’t be her?! I thought to myself. The woman ran to the man apologizing to us. 

“Oppa! What happened?! Yah! Can’t you watch where you going?” Eun-Ri raised her voice at me. Suddenly the man calmed her down by gently grabbing her hand. 

“Rinnie, it’s fine, I’m the one who bumped into them while searching for you.” He said to her cooly. I could tell he was the only one who could control her. 

“Eun-Ri-isshi, I’m so sorry for the misunderstanding!” In-ah spoke up next to me. 

“Ah In-ah-isshi, so sorry I didn’t see you there. It’s alright you weren’t the one navigating the cart.” She smiled at In-ah. Why the sudden change of expression? I thought.

“Let’s go oppa, it’s getting late.” Eun-Ri said with a warm smile. She held onto his arm as we all parted ways. Eun-Ri looked back at me with a bitter face. Did I do something wrong to hurt her?

************

“Hyung who was that woman? Seemed like you two were acquainted before.” Jackson asked curiously. 

“Huh? What? Who?” I got distracted from my pondering thoughts about Eun-Ri. 

“Jackson asked who that woman was, JB.” Mark-hyung stated again. 

“Oh, she’s the doctor who helped JB when he got blackout drunk one night.” In-ah intercepted the answer to the question. 

“Yeah, what In-ah said.” I said calmly going back to my thoughts. 

“She also came for a seminar at the university, that’s where I got to know her.” In-ah said while looking for the next exit.

“Alright, why is she so icy towards you hyung?” Jin-young asked with curiosity. Like a detective, he was always one to catch on quick. 

“Probably because hyung, bumped into her boyfriend.” Young-jae stated his prediction. 

“Now I’m curious too. That day after the seminar, I asked JB to drop her off at her place. They were alone.” As In-ah said this, all the members and started eyeing me, waiting for an answer. 

“Listen, I’m still trying to figure if I did something to annoy her. Also she’s the one who didn’t want a ride.” I said with frustration. 

“How did you deliver your question, hyung? Did you intimidate her?” BamBam asked. 

“No…. I don’t think so. I don’t know alright! Stop bombarding me with questions.” I said irritably. The car went back being to dead silent. 

“Aiya, hyung, you still have so much to learn about women.” Yu-gyeom said teasingly.

“Says the guy who is too shy to talk to girls.” I shot back. All members laughed at the bickering. 

“I can’t believe I am dealing with a bunch of 5 year old boys.” In-ah said with a strict face and the whole car went silent again. We were used to her sarcasm and sometimes we just poked fun at her to her see irritated because her reactions are entertaining. 

Eun-Ri’s POV

“How was your flight oppa?” I asked as we got to a red light. 

Usually when it comes to men, I’m not very trustworthy, however Go Dong-Hyun was the exception. Since I was close with Seo-Yeon, Dong-Hyun oppa and I became relatively close also. Not just him, the whole Go family was very accepting as they treated me like family. Even though they were very caring and helped through financial situations, deep down, they didn’t feel like my own parents. 

I remember when I got to university, Dong-Hyun confessed his love to me. He even told his parents about it. Unfortunately I had rejected him because I only saw him as a big brother and that I wasn’t open to relationships. It took them some time to accept my decision, but in the end we all went back to our regular relationship. I always told Dong-Hyun to be careful of the women he dated. Most of the women I met are never good enough for him. 

“It was relaxing. I mostly slept on the flight though. The meetings were horrendous and never ending. I barely had enough time to talk to Tae-Mi.” He said anxiously while looking through his phone. 

“Oppa, you should really talk to her. She’s probably feeling really worried.” I told him calmly. 

“Yeah I will. Also why didn’t Yeonnie come along?” He asked lying back against the seat. 

“She didn’t want to hear another lecture about joining the firm.” I said stating the obvious. 

“I won’t lecture her again. I’m tired of it, it’s all up to her now.” He said with a sigh.

“By the way, who was the guy I bumped into? It seemed you both were well acquainted.” 

“Oh him? He’s an idol, leader of GOT7, kpop group? I helped him when he was drunk at Seo-Yeon’s bar. The woman next to him I met at the university for a seminar.” I said with a flat tone.

“Ah I see. So then why were you bitter toward him? Did he hurt you?” He asked me curiously. 

“No! Me?! Bitter?!” I scoffed at his ridiculous statement. 

“Rinnie, there is a change of tone when you speak to me versus other guys. It’s very visible by the way.” Dong-Hyun stated his opinion. 

“I spoke to him normally okay? If he took it the wrong way, that’s his fault.” I replied to him. 

“Aiya, you and your sassiness. I pray for the guy who falls for you.” Dong-Hyun said mockingly. 

“Do you and Yeonnie share the same brain cell or have some sort of sibling telepathy?” I asked teasingly. 

“If we did, she would be already be working at the firm.” We both laughed at the joke. I had to tell Seo-Yeon about his comment later.