Chapter 1

One and Only You

JB's POV

"Hyung, will this be enough food for all three of us?" Jin-young asked as I drove to Hallym University. "Yeah, it should be. Glad you could join us for lunch today," I told him. After our comeback a year ago, the members have been busy working on their own activities since then. Jin-young was starring in a new drama that was currently still in the process of being filmed. Young-jae was working on OSTs for various dramas. Yu-gyeom was busy as a mentor for HIT THE STAGE. Jackson was back in Hong Kong, working on his solo music and overseeing Team Wang. Mark and BamBam were back in their home countries, visiting their family.

As for me, I decided to take a break from variety shows to focus on writing new songs for the upcoming album. Once the other members were back in Korea, we would practice and record the songs, then set an official date to release the album.

I carefully parked in the university’s visitors' parking lot, and we both walked towards the entrance.

"Hello, we are to see Dr. Choi In-ah. Is she inside?" I politely asked the secretary.

"Yes, she just finished her conference call. You may go in," she said, gesturing towards the door. We both smiled and walked into the office.

"Yah! What took you so long?!" In-ah said with her gaze stuck here.

"Sorry, noona, the food came late, but don't worry, it's still warm to eat!" Jin-young said as we sat down on the couch in her office.

"I'm just kidding. Aww, I'm so happy to see you, Jin-young-ah. It's been awhile because of your busy filming. Talking with all the old men here has gotten boring," In-ah teased as she gave each of us a hug.

"Yah! I have been taking care of you since Jackson has been gone. We eat lunch every day together." I pointed at her for emphasis. When Jackson left for Hong Kong, he entrusted In-ah to me, making sure she doesn't feel lonely. So we both made an agreement to eat together during her lunch break. Jin-young, Young-jae, and Yu-gyeom would tag along when they had time. Me, including the other members, considered In-ah a close friend. I grew up as an only child, so I treated In-ah like a sister.

"Aiya, don't get so worked up, Jae-beom. I was only kidding," she laughed, sitting next to me.

"Alright, enough, you two. Let's start eating, or it will get cold," Jin-young said as he started opening the boxes. It was the usual bento boxes that we ordered, since it was efficient and easy to handle for lunch.

"Noona, you should really come visit the set. You would love it knowing you're an avid drama fan." Jin-young chuckled.

"Thank you for the invitation, but you film mostly during the day. I will check my schedule and let you know." In-ah smiled with her cheeks full of food.

"Oh I forgot, how is Hyun-woo-sshi doing? He transferred up to Yonsei University right?" Jin-young asked with curiosity. "Yeah he did. He's okay now. I haven't been able to talk to him much since he is busy with his new girlfriend." In-ah replied.

"How's the new song coming along, Jae-beom? I remember reading the other ones, they were good," In-ah asked curiously.

"I'm not sure. So far, we already have five songs for the new album. Only one more is needed, then we can start recording. I finished it this morning, but I'm not sure if PD-nim will accept it." My face gave off a solemn look. Lately, I was troubled by writer's block. Somehow, I couldn't seem to perfect the last one for the album.

"Ah, don't worry hyung, it will get approved. You are the creator of our music. You will do great." Jin-young's words were supposed to motivate me, however, it just invited more pressure. As a leader, I always kept up an image. GOT7 was my dream, and we all strove to keep the team alive.

However, being a leader is not all rainbows and sunshine. Sometimes I have conflicting feelings that I am not able to share with the members. I know they would be willing to listen, but I don't want to burden them with my problems. These days, I would talk to In-ah about it. She was almost like my therapist whenever I needed to talk. She made a promise to me not tell the members about it.

"You got this! Don't worry. I'm saying this as GOT7's number one fangirl." In-ah smiled brightly, patting me on the back.

I loved it when she would try to cheer up the members. We had met In-ah by chance a couple years ago in the US during our tour. Who ever knew we would become such close friends.

"I'm going up to JYPE after I drop Jin-young off at the set. Let's hope it all goes well." I gave a half hearted smile to them not knowing what the future holds. We cleaned up trash leftover from lunch and bid our ways with In-ah.

*********

"PD-nim will see you now." The receptionist politely said gesturing toward his office. I politely said thank you and nervously walked over to his office. With shaking hands, I opened the door.

"Jae-beom-ah, good to see you! How is the song writing coming along? Do you have the last song ready for me?" PD-nim asked. Nodding my head, I gave him the file. Silence and tension filled the room as he began to glance at it

After a few minutes, my thoughts became distracted with his sighing. Was not he impressed? I knew he wouldn't be. "JB, what happened? Writer's block? This song doesn't fit the concept of the other ones on the album." He said with a firm voice.

"Sir, I understand that. I just finished this song this morning. Maybe it could be good, if it was different?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"JB, you are a good songwriter, I know that. So, coming from you, this is not good enough. You can do better. In another few weeks, I want a new one." He said, handing me back the file.

"Okay PD-nim. Thank you for your time." I gave him a deep, professional bow before leaving his office.

Why was this happening? I thought to myself. I did have writer's block before, but not this severely. At this moment I wanted to call In-ah or go see her to talk through my slump, but she's probably too busy right now. I didn't want to disturb her. As for the other members, they were probably caught up in their own activities, even though I knew they would be willing to listen.

Deciding not to call anyone, I drove off to the nearest bar. At times like this, I needed a drink or two. Maybe a song will come out of me if I did.