Wife

Miracle We Met

"Who are you?"


The question rang in her head. Her brain was buzzing now. It's like time was going slow motion. Dahyun froze with her donut half way bit.

Sana still looking at her with with a serious face grasping her hot chocolate in her hand.


"Ohooooo ~" Jeongyeon yelled behind Sana leaning at the kitchen sink. Dahyun glared at her. Jeongyeon poofed and came back with a popcorn. Immidiately munching on the caramel goodness. That earned another glare from Dahyun.


".. What??" she asked with mouth full "You know Dahyun. One I thing I know about humans are, when they ask a question - the expect an answer" she cackled watching Dahyun break a cold sweat. Hand rustling in her popcorn bucket.


Sana raised an eyebrow watching her husband glaring something from behind. She slowly turned watching what was it that was bothering her.

It was empty, just the kitchen sink doing absolutely nothing.


".. What do you mean?" Dahyun asked slowly. Sana turned and looked back at her. Seungwan was nervous and looking down at the table.


She took a breath before continuing, "it's just.. You're so different than you were before. I - I just don't know what to expect. It's like your a whole different person.."


"And is that.. bad?" Dahyun asked gently. Now looking back at Sana.

 


It's perfect

 


She wanted to say


She kept silent and just went back to her donut.
Dahyun smiled looking at Sana's faint pink on her cheek feeling proud of herself.

She also happily munched on her chocolate cream donut.


"..ugh", Jeongyeon said throwing the popcorn in her hand back into the bucket, "did you really just flirt your way out of this?"


Dahyun smiled listening at the grim reaper's complaint. Her heart feeling oddly satisfied.

 

 

 

                                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Good morning!" Dahyun yelled cheerfully at her staff. Her staff was schocked and scared by the sudden change of personality. Dahyun walked to her office still smiling at her staff.

After a few while after she closed the door the staff immedietly gathered to bad mouth her


"Is he nuts-"


"Oh! And can I have a staff meeting before lunch? I'd appreciate it if all of you attend" she said head poking out of her door. She smiled and went back inside to work.


"This is how we die"
"I swear the burn mark from before he poured warm green tea on me still hadn't faded.."
"Tell my wife I love her"
They all exclaimed remembering the last time they had a meeting.

 

"Is it just me or does the staff here really hates you?" asked Jeongyeon floating in the air both hands tucked under her head.


"Yes. And I'm gonna change that" Dahyun answered. Already opening a file left on her table, ready to work on it. "For now.. We need to get the bottom of why Seungwan died" she said fingers already clicking on the keyboard to the pc.

She spent minutes going through it not finding anything valuable.


"Hey Jeong.." Dahyun pondered after a minute of silence her going through the files.


Jeongyeon poofed right in front of Dahyun. Face angry and hands on her waist. "Did you really just nickname a grim reaper??", she yelled voice loud.


".. I - I'm sorry, I didn't -"


"I LOVE IT!", Jeongyeon yelled laughing loudly.


"It's so human-y. I feel like a human already. I feel like going around getting myself injured and maybe go do some damage to my planet, fastening the doom of my own home and quickening my death because I just don't have anything else to do" she giggled. "So what's up?"


"Uh.. So, is there any way - I could contact Seungwan? I mean if it's finding evidence, who else would be perfect than the person himself?"


Jeongyeon hummed walked away to the sofa flopping herself down. "Nope. No can do buddy. To do so, I'd have to get through The Bad Place staffs. And those people are demons like, literally - demons. And besides, I think Seungwan is busy getting his chopped down there"


Dahyun couldn't help but gulp at that statement and her hand automatically went to her crotch area.
Sensing Dahyun's scared face made Jeongyeon chuckled and quickly explained to her, "Oh, that my friend is the punishment for cheating. And seeing how he did that countless of times, it won't be a shock that he'll have at it for 599 to 899 years - every single day", Jeongyeon smiled still enjoying Dahyun's scared face.


Dahyun let out a shaky breath and went back to work. She was getting anxious now searching for answers but failing badly at it.

She decided to open the file and type her own name, just soemthing her gut told her to do so.


Dahyun gulped and slowly typed.


A file came out saying that name was typed on a one single document called, 'Sales Report' but when she clicked on it was something else. Definitely not a sales report like it claimed to be.

Like it was given a false name to shut down any suspicion.


It was a long list of names and the one most below had her name and address along other name she didn't know. She examined it and it said at below that it was signed by JYP Bank : Itaewon branch, Kim Tae Hee.


There was a contact number listed there and a date. It was signed on tenth January this year.

 

 


So 4 months after I came here for a loan..

 


She picked up office telefon on the table and immediately dialed the number. It rang for a while and then it got connected, "Hello, JYP Bank's Itaewon Branch, how my I help you?" a professional voice said.


"Uh.. Hi. I'm Kim - Son Seungwan, a manager from the Gangnam branch. I was just wondering if I could spoke to your staff there? Her name is Kim Tae Hee."


"Oh, I'm sorry but Kim Tae Hee is currently in a maternity leave. She has been away for almost 6 months now"

 

 


6 months? But this was signed..

 

 


".. I see", Dahyun said tapping her finger on the desk, "That you so much for the help" she said before hanging up.

 


She sighed one more time,focusing on the list of long names.

 

 

 

She had a lot of numbers to call now.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was a wreck now. Her head literally pounding from using it too much. She had called more than a hundred numbers asking for the staff that signed the loan on the list. She assumed the list was made by Son Seungwan himself. She called each one and all of them answered either, on a leave - was fired - or even not working there anymore.

She didn't know what to do. She's absolutely stunned on what to do. Who was she even supposed to bring this up to now? She had to be more careful now or she'll accept the same fate as Seungwan.

Killed before making things right.

She just wanted to escape, find the one thing that is good in her life.

She needed her sweet escape, she thought as she pushed the door to a restaurant.


"Hi. Uh.. Thank you for agreeing to meet me." Dahyun sat sitting down nervously. "I'm sure getting my text was a bit shocking but I just had to see you again to apolgize.."


"It's okay.",  Momo answered. Smile not like her old ones. "So you're close friends with Dahyun?" Momo asked before taking a sip at her drink.


"Yes! We - uh.. We met at cooking school! She was really cool. She taught me how to use the knife properly and all" Dahyun said forcing a chuckle hoping Momo did not caught on her lie.


"But why don't I remember seeing you at our wedding? We had a really small one, only inviting our closed and trusted friends - I'm pretty sure I would remember all her friends.." Momo asked full of skeptical.


"Yes! I did! I mean - no I wasn't there.. But I did got the invite! My.. Son! He was sick that day, so I had to stay at home" Dahyun finished literally sweating now.


Momo hummed and focused on her drink.

"I'll go order us some food. My treat" Dahyun ended with a smile before getting up to the counter.


She came back after a while with delicious food. When dahyun handed her food and sat infront of her momo was shocked, "Eat up. I got you your favorite" Dahyun said smiling so big, happiest she has ever been.


Momo picked up the chopstick before nervously asking, ".. How do you know so much about me?" she asked looking up at the man infront of her.

Now Dahyun was freaking out.


"Even before when we first met, what you said was really -"
"Well Dahyun talks a lot! Ha ha ha.." , she ended with a chuckle "We always meet up and she would always talk about how much you make her happy.." Dahyun said slowly looking at Momo.

Her reaction was sad. She looked down at the meal remembering her wife.

 

The ate their meal with comfort. They laughed and talked with delight. Dahyun managed to make her smile, asking her about Mihyun. Both enjoying each other's presence. The two left with promise to keep contact thorough messagings and calls. And to be honest,

Dahyun couldn't wait.

 

                                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Dahyun was at home doing her work reading the journal on her hand. It was the journal she had asked the staff to fill out the other day on their meeting before,

 

 

"I know I may not be the same as I as before and I'm sorry" she said bowing 90 degree to them. The staff was shocked and baffled, all uncomfortable at the scene "But I would like if you guys write the things I did to you in this journal" she ended, lifting her right hand holding a black journal


"You can curse me and yell at me in this. You can include pictures if you're not comfortable writting it out.. But please. I just want to start fresh


And, oh! Don't worry you don't have to write your name in it. It will remain anonymous"

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun sighed flipping at the page where there was a picture of a bruise leg. She grimaced that she was the one to be held accountable for that. She was so focused on reading that she didn't hear Sana knocking and opening the door to his office. She walked slowly and put down a plate of fruits on the table.


Dahyun jumped and closed the book pulling her glasses off, smiling at Sana showing her appreciation.


".. You wear glasses now?" Sana asked slowly, tray clutched at her hand.


"Oh this? Well I kinda have a hard time seeing.. So I got this one with Taecyon the other day" she answered looking at Sana. Both of them had been busy. With Dahyun seeped with work and busy digging the mess that Seungwan had left they barely saw each other.


".. Do I look bad with it?" Dahyun asked nervously. She doesn't really understand but she really don't want to look bad in front of Sana.


Sana raised an eyebrow before clearing , "Just eat your fruit"


Dahyun smiled and went to pick up a fork to eat it when suddenly her phone buzzed, indicating a new text came in. Her phone on the table lit up and it showed a text from 'Wife'


Dahyun was panicking and hastily picked the phone up putting on her lap.

Sana's face was unreadable. She was shocked but not suprised. And was that a little hurt in her heart? She didn't know.

She turned and left the room.

 

 

 

 

                                    - - - - - - - - - - 

Days had passed and the relationship between her and the staff had became better than ever. She was trying her best to make up to them like cooking a big meal and asking them to eat togather as a treat.

The other day when Jin Young came into work and saw a bruise ointment on the table with a box of cookies. He smiled ripping off the sticky note with a 'Sorry' on it.

But still she was still not making any progress with the Dahyun loan problem. She was still stuck in the same loophole. A sudden knock on the door broke her from her train of thoughts, "Come in"


"Oh, Seungri. What can I do for you?"


Came a slimey looking guy entering the room. If she was being honest the guys looked like he could own a club hosting clubs for innocent girls to get .

He just had that face, Dahyun couldn't explain why.


"This is the loan requestment that got through this quarter, Sir"


Dahyun thanked him and took the document. Seungri bowed taking his leave. Dahyun read the documents before realising she was thirsty and decided to go to the pantry and fetch herself a cup of coffee. She walked through a dark hallway when a voice stopped her,


"Yes! I just went in his room and he didn't even recognize me! Yes, Sir. I know..I - I'm sorry. It was my mistake to have snucked in his room when his car haven't left yet. I'm so sorry sir." Seungri whispered on the phone.


Dahyun was nervous now she left the hallway and walked to her office.


" Oh hey what's the rush ", Jeongyeon asked weired out by her slamming the door gasping like she had ran to get here. Jeongyeon was sitting comfortably on the couch reading..

A bible??

 


"Can you by any chance find out who was Seungri talking on the phone?"


She asked gently fearing to be scolded by Jeongyeon for asking her to do chores and was absurbed by her weird request but Jeongyeon just calmly,
"Yang Hyun Suk" she said face focusd buried in the Bible.


".. Wow you're really handy aren't you?" Dahyun exclaimed out.


"Just like our Jesus Boy here. Dying for our sin.. Gosh, I am amazed!" Jeongyeon said flipping to another page.


Dahyun ignored her and began opening the web typing the name at the search bar.

 


Yang Hyun Suk. A CEO of YG Bank. At the year 2019 both JYP and YG Bank are collaborating with an investment program. Both big Banks will surely provide more and more spectacular services with their new and improved joint system.

 


The article read as Dahyun busily observed the information.

 

 

But why was Seungri, a mere lowly staff at a bank calling a big shot CEO.

And why was he sneaking in Seungwan's office..
Dahyun wondered biting on her fingers.

 

 

 

 

 

                                 - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Hirai Momo. I'm so sorry, but I can't keep covering you anymore." said a strict voice at her. Momo stood hand clasped togather looking at her sport shoes. "You can't keep canceling your classes, if this goes on the student under you will surely be taking action. They paid money to take a dance class yet you keep canceling them."


"I'm so sorry, but if this goes on we'd have to look for other dance instructors." Momo' s boss said.

 


Momo went back home with a heavy step. It was just something she couldn't avoid. She had to pick up Mihyun.

She had to be home for her. She had to send her to school.

It was usually Dahyun's job but..
Who was she kidding.

She's suffering. She may have to quit her job.

Dancing was one of the thing she truly enjoyed but now she had to let that go. She went up the stairs to her house when a figure was standing in front her door.

She was looking at her palm slightly nervous. She didn't even realize that Momo was looking at her
"Can I help you?"


The figure jumped at her voice and bowed. "I'm here for a job? Uh.. Your wife she - hired me? To take care or the house and also Mihyun? Kim.. Kim Dahyun - is she here? Can I speak to her?"


Momo heard her and sighed, "My wife passed away.."


"Oh! Uh-I'm so sorry. I didn't know? But can you still let me in? Because she already paid me and I - wouldn't feel good to do that to someone who's gone.."


"Yeah. Sure come on in" Momo said opening the door to her house.

 

When they both settled in and Momo shrugged out of her jacket she asked,
"So what's your name? And how did you met my wife?"


The figure jumped. She was busy observing the house with her hands clasped behind.


She cleared and answered, "I'm Mina" she answered offering her hand for a handshake. While the other hand still behind her. "Well she was leaving flyers looking for a help and I somehow got one and was interested?" she answered while her hand twirled and created a flyer behind her, away from Momo's view. When it was completed she showed it to Momo. Momo read it carefully and hummed.


" I understand if you feel having my help here a burden. I'd give you back the money if I could, but I kind.. Used all of it already?" she lied


"No! No.. I appreciate the extra hand" Momo said smilling at Mina.


".. Mom?" came a small child voice. Mihyun came out her room rubbing the sleep in her eye.

 


Oh , I still haven't touch her
She can't see me!

 

 


"who were you talking to?" Mihyun walked to Momo asking to be picked up. Mina went invisible and lit up her palm going behind Mihyun touching her before poofing away.


Momo picked up Mihyun and turned to Mina, "I was just talking to-" when she turned no one was standing at the kitchen, "Where'd she go?" Momo asked.


Mina went below the kitchen table and made herself solid, able to be seen by others before standing back up. 

"Sorry! I slipped" Mina said


Momo jumped holding Mihyun tightly.


She took a calming breath before introducing Mina to Mihyun.
"Mihyun, this is Mina. She'll be working here with us now."


Mihyun glared at her clutching on her mother's collar tightly.


".. You look like a penguin" Mihyun mumbled


"Is.. That bad?" Mina asked seriously scared by this human child


".. I hate penguins" Mihyun grumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Dahyun came home it was already so late. She was busy investigating about both the suspicious culprits that she didn't even realises how fast the hours had gone.


When she opened the door she was greeted with Sana pacing around the house.
".. Hey?" Dahyun asked gently. Sana stopped pacing and looked up at her glaring her.


After the incident in her office they had been colder to each other. Dahyun honestly missed her but everytime she'd try to talk to her Sana would just brush her away.


"Do you realise that your son has ran away?" Sana asked voice cold. She held a phone on her hand tightly.  Trying to call Daeyhun but to no avail.


"He is?"


"It's always during this time, you know it? Do you know who's fault it is? Do you??" Sana was yelling now clearly on edge, "Everytime it's during examination results came out he would be scared for his life! He's afraid how much you yell him for being a 'disgrace'! Your word! Not mine" Sana was fuming now.

Dahyun was scared but she felt bad for Sana.

She must've been scared for her son, so she went closer to her trying to comfort her with a hand on her shoulder when Sana slapped her hand away,  "Don't."


"Do you even know what his favorite sport is? Do you even take the time to talk to him? Huh? Do you know that he hates Chinese foods but he loves stir fried pork? Do you even care about your children, Seungwan?"


Dahyun just looked at her feet. Scared and saddened.


"of course you don't. All you care is being with another women"


Dahyun looked up and saw Sana's face full of hurt. She was so close to tears.

 


"I'll text him" she tried, 
"Please.. He'll come home. I'm sure of it. Please just take a rest" Dahyun pleaded pulling on Sana's hand slowly, guiding her to the couch.

She laid Sana down guiding her to take a rest on the couch. Sana laid there and took a deep breath.

Calming her jumping heart. A few minutes there and sleep had claimed her. Dahyun went out of the room after changing out her work clothes and looked at Sana's sleeping figure.

 

 

 


She's beautiful..

 

 

 


Dahyun took a blanket and went to lay it on her sleeping form slowly. Not wanting to wake the sleeping women.


Dahyun went to the kitchen texting Daehyun and went to work.

 


A few hours passed and Daehyun came home. He walked slowly hoping no one was up so he wouldn't get scolded, when he was greeted with Seungwan sitting on the barstool chair waiting for him.


Dahyun smiled at him and gave him a hushed sign before pointing to Sana. Hoping that they would be quiet and not disturb her sleep. Dahyun made a come here motion with her fingers to Daehyun. He sighed and went there with a heavy step, knowing he'd get a beating with the cane like the usual. But when he got closer he saw that the table was filled had food on it.

It was stir fried pork.

His favorite.


"you know on a bad day? It's always good to eat our favorite food to cheer us up." Dahyun said picking up her chopstick already munching on one.
Dahyun shook her chopstick at Daehyun urging him to do the same.


He was weirded out but decided to just follow through. He bit on the meal.

It was so delicious he could cry right there.


" I'm not gonna be mad at you if your results are bad you know that? Maybe if you don't do well in academic but that doesn't mean your a goner."


Daehyun ate looking down choke on a sob, "But what about you regretting having me.."


Dahyun was shocked and sighed. She dropped down the chopstick and went to ruffle his hair softly, "That was never true. You may not do well there but that means there's a lot of thing you could be good at? One door shuts and another door open. You could be amazing at drawing - music, anything - you name it. And whatever that may be, Daehyun.. I will be right here for you" Dahyun ended with a smile looking fondly at the boy in front of her.


He was sobbing loudly now trying hard to not wake her mother up. His shoulders shook trying hard to cover his sobs.


Sana stirred at her sleep and opened her eyes slowly. Shocked by the comfort of the blanket on her.

 


That wasn't there before right?

 

 

 

"But I still don't like how you treated your mother there." Dahyun said voice strict. Daehyun snorted and calmed his sob before looking at his father,  "You should never run away and make your mother worry like that. She worked all day and expect to relax at home but if you keep ignoring her calls like that - making her stressed and worried for you? That's not what a good son does, you got that?"


Daehyun snorted and nodded


"Come on let's eat before it gets cold"
Sana laid there listening to the conversation.

Her heart was beating.

She didn't know what to say. She tried to calm her heart down but to no result.

This was it. She was falling for her husband.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

Another chapter because I slayed the monster called writers block. So like I said before, your comments will always, always - never fail to lit fire in my heart. But wow one of you asked whether there would be in this or not.
you sick bastard...
I like your style ;D
But Im not sure whether I'd put in here or not. Seeing writting is like the same difficulties as writing action scene and I , at both. So I'm still not sure if I'll ever be confident enough. One more thing, dahmo is indeed not endgame. I know I'm sorry but that's why there's not even a tag of momo or dahmo in it. So sorry folks. Do tell me what you like and don't like! And also tell me your favorite characters so I could polish and add them more! Bye beautiful people, much love!